Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Postby phoneutria » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:51 pm

This got... weird.
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

Postby Arcturus Descending » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:02 pm

phoneutria wrote:This got... weird.

:lol: But isn't he adorable?
"Look closely. The beautiful may be small."

"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."

“Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

Immanuel Kant
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby gib » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:13 pm

phoneutria wrote:This got... weird.

You ain't seen weird yet.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

I don't care about income inequality, I care about the idea that there are people who have actual obstacles to success.
-Ben Shapiro

...we hear about the wage gap, the idea that women are paid significantly less than men--seventy two cents on the dollar--that's absolute shear nonesense--it is absolute nonesense--in 147 out of 150 of the biggest cities in America, women make 8% more money than men do in their peer group. That wage gap is growing, not shrinking.
-Ben Shapiro

We're in a situation now where students can go to university and come out dumber than when they went in. They are infantalized by safe space and trigger warning culture, the idea that interogating a new idea, coming into contact with a school of thought or a person that doesn't conform to your prejudices is somehow problematic, that it gives rise to trauma.
-Milo Yiannopoulus

Fuck your feelings, snowflake
-Milo Yiannopoulos
gib
resident exorcist

Postby phoneutria » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:43 pm

It's not weird enough until we're licking each other's eyeballs.
phoneutria

Postby gib » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:56 pm

phoneutria wrote:It's not weird enough until we're licking each other's eyeballs.

We could do that... but you have way too many.

I don't care about income inequality, I care about the idea that there are people who have actual obstacles to success.
-Ben Shapiro

...we hear about the wage gap, the idea that women are paid significantly less than men--seventy two cents on the dollar--that's absolute shear nonesense--it is absolute nonesense--in 147 out of 150 of the biggest cities in America, women make 8% more money than men do in their peer group. That wage gap is growing, not shrinking.
-Ben Shapiro

We're in a situation now where students can go to university and come out dumber than when they went in. They are infantalized by safe space and trigger warning culture, the idea that interogating a new idea, coming into contact with a school of thought or a person that doesn't conform to your prejudices is somehow problematic, that it gives rise to trauma.
-Milo Yiannopoulus

-Milo Yiannopoulos
gib
resident exorcist

Postby phoneutria » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:33 pm

I wouldn't want anybody to go without.
phoneutria

Postby gib » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:36 pm

phoneutria wrote:I wouldn't want anybody to go without.

What? Eyes or licking eyes?

-Ben Shapiro

-Ben Shapiro

-Milo Yiannopoulus

-Milo Yiannopoulos
gib
resident exorcist

Postby phoneutria » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:22 am

Whichever makes the most sense, dear.
phoneutria

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:10 pm

Weirder!!!! :mrgreen:

"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."

“Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

Immanuel Kant
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby gib » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:14 pm

I think we should get Arc's boyfriend in on this. I betcha he has a wickedly long and frog-like tongue. He could have all our eyes licked before we even knew what hit us.

^^ Weird Squared

-Ben Shapiro

-Ben Shapiro

-Milo Yiannopoulus

-Milo Yiannopoulos
gib
resident exorcist

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:33 pm

gib wrote:I think we should get Arc's boyfriend in on this. I betcha he has a wickedly long and frog-like tongue. He could have all our eyes licked before we even knew what hit us.

^^ Weird Squared

:lol: It's difficult to know how to respond to this, gib. Anyone coming in late might wonder what's going on. That being said, my boyfriend has evolved - after all, he's a professor of ethics. And I will say this ~~ he's meant for me and no other. Get it?!

Immanuel Kant
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby gib » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:41 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote: :lol: It's difficult to know how to respond to this, gib.

That's because it's frickin' weird! :lol:

Arcturus Descending wrote:Anyone coming in late might wonder what's going on.

They can wonder all they want. We can take this absolutely anywhere!

Arcturus Descending wrote:That being said, my boyfriend has evolved - after all, he's a professor of ethics. And I will say this ~~ he's meant for me and no other. Get it?!

Fine :evil:

Maybe I should find me sexy crocodile with a sense of humor... I'm sure my wife will understand.

-Ben Shapiro

-Ben Shapiro

-Milo Yiannopoulus

-Milo Yiannopoulos
gib
resident exorcist

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:09 pm

Here's a fresh one of my beautiful face. It's me, and a longtime friend having a bit of wine.
Attachments
-nmLH67Jq7WT_YL23OyXJp4QkIXGKl-iFIs1MEHmOMY-1_resized.jpg
-nmLH67Jq7WT_YL23OyXJp4QkIXGKl-iFIs1MEHmOMY-1_resized.jpg (5.42 KiB) Viewed 883 times
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:10 pm

I emailed that to myself from my phone and for whatever reason, it's tiny.

Forgive me for my computer illiteracy.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:29 pm

mr reasonable wrote:I emailed that to myself from my phone and for whatever reason, it's tiny.

Forgive me for my computer illiteracy.

K: hay, its more than I can do. I am still working on cut and paste, someday, maybe, soon.

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby gib » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:11 pm

mr reasonable wrote:Here's a fresh one of my beautiful face. It's me, and a longtime friend having a bit of wine.

You guys are tiny, but I think I recognize the girl from another one of your pics.

-Ben Shapiro

-Ben Shapiro

-Milo Yiannopoulus

-Milo Yiannopoulos
gib
resident exorcist

Postby phoneutria » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:21 pm

imgur, bitch
phoneutria

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:36 pm

gib wrote:
mr reasonable wrote:Here's a fresh one of my beautiful face. It's me, and a longtime friend having a bit of wine.

You guys are tiny, but I think I recognize the girl from another one of your pics.

She was on the snowmobile pics, but you couldn't see her face. I dunno, she hangs out a lot. She currently lives in Florida, but has in the past lived in NYC, Cathedral City, CA, and before she moved to where she currently is in FL, lived in Ft Lauderdale for a long time. We've been vacation buddies since the 90s. We always meet each other in strange airports and such. I was at her place a few weeks ago in St Augustine. This coming Thursday, I'm flying to Orlando, getting picked up by another friend, (a schoolteacher), then heading down to South Beach for 2 nights where we'll all cross paths at some point. Then back to Ocala, then flying home. It's good to know people all over the place.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby gib » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:57 pm

mr reasonable wrote:She was on the snowmobile pics, but you couldn't see her face. I dunno, she hangs out a lot. She currently lives in Florida, but has in the past lived in NYC, Cathedral City, CA, and before she moved to where she currently is in FL, lived in Ft Lauderdale for a long time. We've been vacation buddies since the 90s. We always meet each other in strange airports and such. I was at her place a few weeks ago in St Augustine. This coming Thursday, I'm flying to Orlando, getting picked up by another friend, (a schoolteacher), then heading down to South Beach for 2 nights where we'll all cross paths at some point. Then back to Ocala, then flying home. It's good to know people all over the place.

Yeah, and didn't you say you let her crash at your place one time when she was homeless?

-Ben Shapiro

-Ben Shapiro

-Milo Yiannopoulus

-Milo Yiannopoulos
gib
resident exorcist

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:12 am

In the 90s.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Ben JS » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:13 am

Looking at the Sun
Formerly known as: Joe Schmoe

ben wrote:I think it is eloquently fitting that my farewell thread should be so graciously hijacked by such blatant penis waving. It condenses my entire ILP experience into one very manageable metaphor.
Ben JS
Human Being

Postby Arcturus Descending » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:49 pm

Ben JS wrote:Looking at the Sun

That's a guilty look on your face.

Immanuel Kant
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby MagsJ » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:04 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:
Ben JS wrote:Looking at the Sun

That's a guilty look on your face.

I see more a quiescent calm rather than guilt in his face... a nice photo of you Ben :wink:
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby phoneutria » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:08 pm

Looks like he had been checking out porn all night. Weren't you benny eh eh?
phoneutria

Postby MagsJ » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:29 pm

phoneutria wrote:Looks like he had been checking out porn all night. Weren't you benny eh eh?
:lol:

Could be that too :D
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat