Storm Clouds of Being

Before a summer thunderstorm, such as on that day, the air feels full of charge and portent ā€“ at once extremely cool and comfortable yet unmistakably delicate and foreboding. So stirs a sudden breeze that might be taken for a sign of pleasant weather. As I stop and take heed, I feel invigorated though I may appear calm. I seem to lose myself a little as I commune with nature and experience being with her for a few free moments.

Iā€™m not sure it has yet, Arc, but perhaps this is my prayer for synchronicity and belonging in nature.

Fuse, you must stop now. come quickly. I have a 2nd thinking task, a 2nd brainteaser, for you.

I hope itā€™s in synch, though.

itā€™s better itā€™s the ding an sich

or what is the difference between sync and synch?

[size=150]
It was a hill, Box Hillā€¦ we were 14 year olds on a mission, a mission to collect data to help us pass the practical part of our biology GCSE. We lived in purpose-built wooden dormitories, and had to calculate how many worms there were per one square metre of soil. Worms :-&

Itā€™s cool and damp amidst the stratus clouds, but nature is an awesome thingā€¦[/size]
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Are those pictures of Box Hill?

They are indeedā€¦ itā€™s just an hour South of London, so a pricey place to live yet rural enough to escape the city rat race that be London.

Those images donā€™t capture being amongst the clouds fullyā€¦ itā€™s like a damp fog, so watch the hair :wink:

Oh thanks, I wouldnā€™t want my hair to frizz when I get there :slight_smile:

It looks really nice. I always hope that Iā€™ll eventually be able to settle down somewhere with open fields and hills and forest.

But FUSE, what about the river or lake or even a little pond with fishies. You need to be somewhere near the water. :cry:

Good one. Iā€™ve actually been thinking itā€™s time for the whale to get on, back to the ocean, free from glass panes and gawkers. However well-stocked, no lake or pond will do.

Now thatā€™s what Iā€™m talking about :stuck_out_tongue: a view from amongst the clouds.

itā€™s my mind,now, it doesnā€™t need a visualization, i am here, but itā€™s indescribably beautiful, wish you were here. itā€™s not even visual. itā€™s only a sound. you would not like the witchery of it. itā€™s O-H-M. Itā€™s purely a potential, a yearning. This tale with so many white dots against a black back drop, is all there is, at the moment. Do You want to go somewhere else? (It,s pregnant with possibilities, and it ofā€™t too much too much, visualize, before You come, here.) Itā€™s really, a pattern of the table top.

But the lake and even poind :cry: will do in a pinch. Are you a surfer? I donā€™t know what the expression means ā€œfor the whale to get onā€ but surfing is what I thought of.

We have a pretty nice man-made lake a few towns up from me which I visit sometimes and walk around, round round it. Itā€™s kind of awesome in its own way and it has a fountain in it too and when the sun is high in the sky, itā€™s almost like the interface of the fountain, lake and the sun creates these steps which go down deep into the water. Itā€™s an illusion of course but it is absolutely ethereal, it takes my breath away and sometimes i canā€™t take my eyes away from it. Itā€™s like another wonder of the world. I just love to sit and watch it all. There are paddle boats in the summer time and in the winter, there are fissures cut out of the ice so the ducks can swim in them.

And the ducks, especially the little guys. There is just something about those little webbed fragile feet which beat through the water, flapping back and forth. Have you ever taken notice of a duckā€™s webbed feet in the water? lol There is just something about them - I donā€™t know what it is but they are so amazing to me. Another wonder of the world, I guess. Either that or Iā€™m nuts.

The ocean is - ah- no words for it. Leaves me wordless and breathless and ecstaticā€¦when Iā€™m in it, Iā€™ve come home. Maybe some of us DID begin as fish. I think JFK may have said something to that effectā€¦except for the star dust stuff, which fell into the ocean. #-o

I have had the same or a similar desire, one of the more natural, that is to say ā€˜problematicā€™ desires. It can not be fully realized. It is a vision into nature, not into man. The necessity follows to create a heathen act, a shrine to nature in its proper terms, which are indeed sweat blood and tears -

the relation of lightning-bew to these fluids of life and effort, this begins to encompass some aspect, dignity of the mystery.

It is the satisfying flow of man in nature and nature in man; the spirit of man honors the fecund bubble of void from which it originated through an offering of sweat, blood, and tears - you put it well, the fluids of life and effort. The place of experience, the world, becomes the shrine. Heathen has no meaning for the one involved. There is only being in nature, as a projection of the world, harking back to itself, breath of the void.

Just to also keep it in mind: lightning might have been a necessary component in the development of organic compounds from the ā€œprimordial soup.ā€

Ha, I thought you had made a reference to my previous avatar:

Well said!

I think that is physically inescapable.

More speculatively, earth in its primordial soup-state was, to my mind, a thunderous realm of dense clouds - it may be that water and air were not really separated as they are now - large parts of the oceans may have been part of a dense atmosophere. I was inspired to this view by the mythical acccounts of Lemuria. They tell of a world where thunder is a perpetual presence pervading the impenetrable atmosphere, constantly reminding the semi-solid entities, partaking in this atmosphere, of their origins.

I decided itā€™s worthwile having such an awe inspiring view of the Earth and lifeā€™s origins. This particular scenario seems not unlikely to me, which is enough (coupled with its beauty) to use it as a true myth, a belief.

free willy.

Thanks.

Maybe. ā€¦a very vast additional layer of water vapor/cloud, including of course cumulonimbus clouds, the kind known for generating lightning discharge.

Lemuria, eh? Perhaps itā€™s buried deep under the ocean now. The oceans still contain largely unknown frontiers and so, between them and outer space, there remain a lot of dark, mysterious, and presently inaccessible places in the world.

Itā€™s an interesting possibility.