Philosophy For Us Dummies

we do not know the answers to the big questions…we are discovering nature and we react to what we are finding out…that is it

There is no overreaching purposive answer to ‘why we suffer’, because asking the question assumes that there is a possible world were there is none, and implies that nature has a reason - it does not.
Nature is simply what is.

You can say “HOW”, suffering might be part of a living strategy that has enabled feeling beings to avoid danger, but that is not a reason “WHY” there is suffering. Plants don’t suffer; it just is not part of their strategy.
So, as usual, “why” is usually the wrong sort of question.

Nearly all ‘why’ questions can be re-asked in a “HOW” form, and for those sorts of questions we can give good answers; but 'why" hints at intentionality, for which we cannot seriously provide answers that do not include god.
When humans finally worked out to ask ‘how’, everything fit into place.

Give it a try - re-ask a why and change it to a how, and you get answers that are useful and informative.

It is utterly senseless, and useless.
Why the hell do you want to believe it?
The chances are that any comet coming close enough to earth would boil away killing anything in it.

But if you insist that life comes from comets, you have a hopeless job trying to explain how life started on a comet, when everything in place is here on earth with a much higher chance to sustain it.

For example; how does life keep going when the comment is in the cold edges of the solar system?
For the most part comets are freezing lumps of water, and gases. When they near the sun that ice meats, and boils leaving a trail of gaseous water, CO2 and O2. Not even the most extremeophiles could survive that.

They are not even questions.

what do you mean they are not even questions…

Like; What is, the colour of smell; the sound of silence; the hardness of softness; What’s north of the North Pole; What happened before time; How many angels can you fit on a head of a pin; what is the sound of 100 degree centigrade; What is the colour of darkness.

“Why are we here?”
What makes you thing there might even be a reason?

Matter was created by energy. I don’t think anyone knows where energy comes from, perhaps it was always there in the vacuum of space.

Life originated from micro organisms using matter and energy.

What do you mean, what is it all about? We are the universe experiencing itself subjectively, each individual reality (Person and animal) is unique to every other individuals reality, at least in some slight way.

Fornication under consent of the king.

lev you are full of it…questions are questions…we should ask any questions…what is wrong with you…that is a question…
I have a question for you…what do you think about the big bang singularity…

What is wrong with me?
I get a lot of pain from my cancer treatment; I sometimes avoid doing things I need to do; my feet are flatter then they might have been; I tend to put on weight too easily; I love to drive too fast; I am afflicted by a bald patch on the top of my head.

The BB singulariy is amoungst a list of models by which science attempts to save the appearances and describe to beginning of the universe.

If questions are ‘just questions’, then you ought to be able to answer these ones. What is, the colour of smell; the sound of silence; the hardness of softness; What’s north of the North Pole; What happened before time; How many angels can you fit on a head of a pin; what is the sound of 100 degree centigrade; What is the colour of darkness; have you stopped beating your wife yet?

So give them a try!

“Why are we here?”
What makes you thing there might even be a reason?
[/quote]
lev you are full of it…questions are questions…we should ask any questions…what is wrong with you…that is a question…
I have a question for you…what do you think about the big bang singularity…
[/quote]
Here’s a question; have you stopped beating your wife yet?
Yes or No.
[/quote]
excellent question…next

If questions are ‘just questions’, then you ought to be able to answer these ones. What is, the colour of smell; the sound of silence; the hardness of softness; What’s north of the North Pole; What happened before time; How many angels can you fit on a head of a pin; what is the sound of 100 degree centigrade; What is the colour of darkness; have you stopped beating your wife yet?

So give them a try!

Put up or shut up.

thank you my lev…what do you think about the big bang singularity

I told you already.

tell me again…I am a dummy

Okay dumbass.
I answered your questions.
I’ll answer more questions when you answer mine.

If questions are ‘just questions’, then you ought to be able to answer these ones.

What is, the colour of smell;
the sound of silence;
How hard is softness;
What’s north of the North Pole;
What happened before time;
How many angels can you fit on a head of a pin;
what is the sound of 100 degree centigrade;
What is the colour of darkness;
have you stopped beating your wife yet?

So give them a try!

my questions are better than your questions…and I am the dummy…you are smart________

So are such a dummy that you are not in a position to judge.

PLONK!

plonk…that is good…do you believe in the big bang singularity

Science asks how; religions and philosophies ask why. Both questions are legitimate.