Philosophy For Us Dummies

So are such a dummy that you are not in a position to judge.

PLONK!

plonk…that is good…do you believe in the big bang singularity

Science asks how; religions and philosophies ask why. Both questions are legitimate.

Recently approved post

Recently approved post

I thought it was Fornication Under Carnal Knowledge. But maybe you were being facetious. I don’t bow to a king.

Both of them could be.

A sign on the New England stocks meaning “For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge”.

Lev Muishkin

I think, Lev, that you are far more than ornery enough to withstand ALL of that. I know that it is useless to say “hang in there” as I am sure that you do but anyway - HANG IN THERE!!
What is it that driving too fast gives you? Freedom and control than I would say go for it but make sure no one else is around.

;
I don’t know if you were actually expecting an answer for this but mine would be that it depends on the smell and what is associated with it - what situation or memory. It might just have a color then. I remember a memory (redundant lol) from my childhood, without revealing it, a really sad and disappointing one. Every time I smell a particular kind of meat being prepared - which my mother was frying at this particular time - it makes me begin to get sick. I suppose I need to work on exorcising that pattern from my brain. It’s a cross between a pukey yellow and brown. How’s that for color? Wouldn’t that be kind of a green though - isn’t it yellow and brown which makes green? I may be mistaken in this. But I will keep the yellow and brown.

That also depends on the situation and one’s physical space and desire at the moment. I’ve experienced beautiful indigoes, lavenders, cobalt blues, rich greens, beautiful shades of black, like a raven’s wing.

We won’t go there.

In what part of the universe or other universes? That’s a beautiful question you asked to be pondered. An indigo kind of question.

As many as you need to - their incorporeal you know. lol

;
That would depend on how willing you were to bear the darkness. If you love the darkness, it might just be your favorite color. Darkness can be indigo. I love indigo. And sometimes it’s as black and bleak as the darkest moonless night anywhere on earth. But on thing about the darkness, you can always be sure that somewhere there is a tiny little light left. We just have to look for it. It’s there.

thank you dummies for explaining fuck…does anyone here believe in that dumb big bang SINGULARITY…and thank you arc for your wonderful answers…does lev want us to feel sorry for him…I think he is mad at what happened to him and he hasn’t sucked it up yet…

Big bang singularity= “Let there be Light.” The Genesis account of the creations is not averse to current science, except from a literal translation of the time involved.

The color of the universe is purple. Purple is the darkest color, black is a shade as is white, not a color.

"Instances of fuck before the 15th century are rare. Despite it commonly being classed as one of the Anglo-Saxon four-letter words, Jesse Sheidlower (author of an entire book on fuck, and past editor of the OED so he knows what he’s talking about) suspects that it came into English in the 15th century from something like Low German, Frisian or Dutch. While ‘fuck’ existed in English before then it was never used to mean rogering, instead it typically meant ‘to strike’ (which was, way-back-when, related to the word that became fuck because it’s a kind of hitting…). Anything that appears earlier is most likely to be the use of fuck to mean ‘to strike.’ If you wanted to talk about making whoopee in a dirty way, the Middle English word to use was swive. [ETA: @earlymodernjohn asked if it’s related to Modern English ‘swivel’ as in ‘go swivel’ and it is! The more you know…]

Another theory for why there’s hardly any written record of fuck before the 15th century is because, if it was around before then, it was just too darn rude to write down. The coded example might have been an early way around actually writing it.

Another theory for its late arrival is that it’s a borrowing from Norse (the Vikings) via Scottish because several early instances are found in Scottish writing (such as the 15th-century one discounted in that other article). However, this is generally believed to be unlikely, in part because the Scottish weren’t considered influential enough for English to borrow words from them. Perhaps there were more early written examples in Scottish simply because they were less prudish about writing it.

There are lots of instances of the word fuck from before the 15th century drifting around, some of the most notable of which are, chronologically:"

Could be accurate.

huffingtonpost.com/kate-wile … 84565.html

us dummies are dummied out…

No wonder you are depressed.True why questions are only applicable to situations where purpose is involved. We can have access to human decisions and purposes. But even if you believe in god, experience and history demonstrate clearly that those bigger why questions are either unknowable, or just not questions at all; either the intention is obscure, or non-existent.
Sanity relies on the pursuit of personal purpose, not the invisible goose chase of universal intentionality which is not accessible.

I drive too fast because I love the feeling.
All the other questions are meaningless, but thanks for taking the trouble.

for christ sake cut the crap…we are dummies lev…if you want to be a dummy you must behave…

I do not believe in anything.

wrong…try again…you just don’t want to say what you believe…you believe in rational thinking…i know this about you…

I know my mind better than you.
I know rational thinking gets results, that is not believing.