Daemonic ☯

Hey man, the first thing they taught my english 101 class was the importance of being concise. Another thing that my professor hated was what he called, “folksy diction”. I’m just trying to help you reach a broader audience. If you have something to say, and you can be a bit more concise, and use a bit less of that folksy diction, then more people will probably read it. I know you’re a really angry and aggressive dude, and that you feel like you have to use force with everything you say, but and that’s ok, but you’d still accomplish more if you toned down your wall of text style.

Oh dear, I forgot to care about the taught lessons of some school I never went to and a class structure different than the english classes I attended. I don’t give much thought to the people who don’t want to read. They’re kind of in the wrong place at the point of stepping into a philosophical messageboard on the internet. My audience is limited as it is and even if it weren’t, why should I hold my self back because of their fallibilities in patience? I find that even a dyslexic person will read a lot if they find it interesting, even if it takes them days to do so. An interested person will read something multiple times to get a better idea of what is being said. So, at the point of hitting that wall, at what point should I choose to cater to people who may or may not be interested and if they’re truly interested in what is being said, then shouldn’t it show in their responses or lack of responses and therein lays a large portion of my problem with humanity, because it’s just not as straightforward as that for lack of communication on the parts of others and yet the amount of views these topics get, alone, proves to me peoples interest in the matter.

Maybe I’m not trying to sell myself out to be found interesting by people who buy too much the wrong things in life. Maybe my goal is to actually teach people appropriate lessons and since you’re interested in what I say, such a broad statement of tl;dr didn’t fly and got called out upon. I do appreciate your constructive criticism, though. It is pitched in a better air than others I’ve seen, it’s just that I am who I am and I have my own style that I choose not to change overly much just to please others. My aim isn’t to please others but to actually do and say something worth doing/saying. And frankly, on that matter, my opinion matters more than others, because if I’m going to please anyone, it might as well be my self so long as I’m not adamantly and purposefully displeasing others. Should just be honest and say, I would be a lot more interested in what you say if you didn’t repeat your self so many times and yet I do so for a reason; you could say you would like it more if it weren’t so long-winded and I say it’s long-winded for a reason and how do you truncate something rife with meaning without losing that meaning? Impossible; they’ve done it and it doesn’t work. If you have time to whine about living, you have time to live and if you have time before you’re dead, then you have time to follow your interests. It’s just a matter of priority and what you’re saying to me is that your priority isn’t to read these long posts of mine even for the interesting parts that may be there and to that end, I just say, so be it.

Eric, the high horses may be like Trojans inversely attacking the computer like systems, when all they are doing is, trying to deflate something that has invaded them, viruses from way past, way way past, almost it coud be said deamonically, where; a newly emerging superman, invaded man, and from which understandibly the resolution was found the only way left appearently: by trickery. That failing, minions were called upon to overcome these defenses, in the manner of nullyfing the 200 ships meant to rescue? her.

No , it isn’t that easy to get out from under that loop,
the not yet recovered original.

That’s a plausible theory, Orb. But I think the following is even more so: Perhaps the diabolical clockwork elves managed to finally escape from the subterranean penitentiary in the 8th dimension of the nether. If so, they excogitated brilliantly, no? And to think that the free-will vs determinism debate didn’t come to a consummation - ha! Those lil-bastards, I tell ya. This explains the impetus behind the industrial revolution and the bay of pigs.

Actually, the viruses invading Sonny have actually shown how the internet is crying out for censorship. It is quite possible, that the U.S. created this fiasco, so as to give energy and creedence to move along the lines of cyber control, and security. That Obama blamed Sony for buckling under he ‘threat’, by equivicating national security with cyber security, way raise the bar thereby elimintatin the difference. To underline the difference, one needs to look at differences between the idea of human rights, and the more ambigous notion of freedom of the press. The former encompasses the later, and how this derivation works upon the mechanisms of believability is such that the derivative becomes one of a contrivance, into more general principles, which can not be authenticated. The effect stregthens the media as the message, but only if, a certain level of belief is suspended. Whether this effort is building into the ‘i told you so, another claim for a smart conspiracy theorist’s excuse to such effort’ so as to build a foundation of the reality of what really is going on in cyberspace. That it has gone virtually bananas, is a good excuse to stat putting in the necessary filters. The next stage, probably mean deprogramming certain mistakenly induced facts. You may like this version better.

LOL I was pushing your buttons, Orby.

I haven’t been following that N.Korea/Sony thing; I rarely watch tv…

Kind of random, but what are you reading currently?

I wasn’t reading it, i listened to NPR while driving, and the latest is North Korea’s disclaimer to the charge of cyber espionage. It just occured to me at that time, that it may, yet be true, that they had little if any to do with it. The latest is that North Korea has suffered in ind a cyber attack, and most of their internet is down.

I know, but I mean are you reading any philosophy books currently? If so, which one(s)?

Usually what old(er)?guys read, in this case would like to get into the stuff You recommended, and am reading Goethe’s poems. But alas, whenever i read them,the thought overwhelms me, that i was born entirely in the wrong century.

Yeah dude, it’s all bullshit. They are conditioned to specialize. A means to an end. Hands.

However, understanding and acceptance are beautiful things. It allows you to grow personally, to mature and to move on. Yeah even if that does imply a life of solitude and being alone. Is it really that bad?..it isn’t really, is it? It allows you to really appreciate life.

You can always return occasionally to have fun with people :wink:

I think I might just…drag some along, to join me in the solitude of the forest.
We can have all sorts of fun…just think about it! Hey, do you know where I can get some sturdy chains?

Peace
Lock em up.png

An old friend of mine was beaten to death for less than 20 bucks the other night. 63 year old man. Found in the breezeway of an apartment building where he was delivering a pizza. Immigrated here from Jordan in the late 90s. 3 kids, a wife who was disabled 2 years ago in a car accident. No life insurance. Blunt force to the head and left for dead.

A friend of mine was stabbed and beaten to death for stealing a garage door opener after who he stole from had been robbed. Another really good friend of mine died from having his liver dissolve on him from drinking too much. My deepest condolences and I hope they find whoever did it.

Posted that one in the wrong thread. My bad.

(((((((((((((((((((((mannequin: this sounds so goooooooooooooooooood on paper, but soooooooooooooooooooo difficult in practice–its a state of mind, where you dont have to go to the ‘real mountin’ in the first place…

I remember going to a house-party, not too long ago. There were lots of people I went to high school with there, all of them drunk and high. I was drunk myself, not sloshed, but slightly past the point of being capernoited. What stuck out to me was how sociable everyone was, how uninhibited people were. People came up to me, who were kind of reticent before ( In school ), but this time, they were very loquacious. Conversations flowed smoothly, no awkwardness or discomfiture. Obviously, alcohol reduces inhibitions, but still, I find it interesting how normally, or soberly, we have so many defensive barriers and inhibitions that prohibit us from expressing ourselves, from being more spontaneous and smooth.

I’m very interested in tapping into the power of imagination. I remember after my thyroidectomy, that I was unable to sleep for 3 days and 3 nights. During those days and nights, I was in a very peculiar state of mind - a tad delirious, yes - but my creativity and imagination were enhanced three-fold. Most of my experience consisted of poetic creativity; ideas, rhymes, images, etc just came rushing at me, without any effort at all. I’ve been entertaining the idea of intentionally depriving myself of sleep, so I can tap into this hyper-creativity once again, but I’m sure there are other ways that I can go about it. I’ve mentioned that I use psychedelics sometimes for introspective purposes, but I want to explore other ways, new ways of enhancing my creativity. Samuel Taylor Coleridge derived much of his poetic inspiration from opium, but of course, he became addicted. For most romantic poets, like myself, Nature is the greatest inspiration. Walking through the enchanted forest of eerie solitude and silence, overwhelmed by the snow-white light, serene as the eternal smile of the sky, is sufficient.

I bet they are as intelligent and knowledgeable as I think.

Look, if you are majoring in Women’s Studies, or psychology, or nutrition, or a language, sociology, communications, undeclared, peace studies, black studies, liberal arts, drama, or music…you are NOT going to college to better yourself. So how many women does that leave?

To really create a masterpiece , not necessarily the created one, but the appreciated one,--------one has to be a genius, revisit Bohemia, and be tansfixed with a recurrent adolescent sexuality even in old age. With these requirements, Your appreciation is well understood, Eric.

IF YOU CAN BE THE MOST MISUNDERSTOOD CREATURE OF YOUR TIME, and still function as a human being, then You can join the spirits of the forest. The moment You do, though, You have to relinquish them, or else they will pull You down into their abode. And if You are not strong enough, or garner their suspicion? they will strong arm You en-masse.

It’s harder if u are without portfolio.

The problem I have with surfing the imagination is that it doesn’t like to be surfed often and fights you over the littlest of things some times, delivering you back outside of it and yet still on the ride in an instant. It doesn’t like to let you go where you choose, but would rather see fit to take you through some of the worst things you could imagine; simply popping up like unwanted adspam; some times making you think thoughts you would rather not. In my experiences, only the foolish dig too deep for the wisdom to avoid such comes only from the foolish who dig too deep, but lest courage lose its touch in the modern world, I say ‘go for it’, just be prepared for your own form of the Balrog from Lord of the Rings from when the Dwarves delved too deep in Moria; perhaps worse. It is much like the song Bohemian Rhapsody where they say that Beelzebub has a devil set aside for them. We each have our own private Hell somewhere in our minds and you will find your self there more often than you like in life while pursuing better grounds to perceive from.

‘Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.’
‘Great men’s errors are to be venerated as more fruitful than little men’s truths.’
‘The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.’
‘The overman…Who has organized the chaos of his passions, given style to his character, and become creative. Aware of life’s terrors, he affirms life without resentment.’
‘To forget one’s purpose is the commonest form of stupidity.’
~Friedrich Nietzsche

And yet, monsters don’t often see themselves as monsters like some of those who would view their battles in passing. Some errors, when made correctly, can yield more information than countless successes of lesser men. A tribe of individuals, if it succeeds, is far more cohesive and stable than a tribe of like-minded savages. The path of an Overman, which is what you are on in your interests, is found regardless of chemicals, etc. And, finally, the most common cause losing sight of your purpose is surfing imagination as it takes you through the various perceptions and fragments of thought that avidly seek to disconnect you from your purpose and make you forget it in madness. The abyss was made to be gazed into. Do not be cautious or careful, just tumble through that rabbit hole; through that looking glass; and see for your self what lays beyond it.