Chicken or egg? What came first?

Well then go to a cold dark place and wait, why bother with activity?

insert *we welcome our alien overlords we welcome the smoozesummoner devoured> trope

I need to keep myself occupied as doing nothing is out of the question
I do not fancy just staring at empty walls for the next thirty odd years
Because if that is all I shall be doing then I might as well die right now

Didn’t you know that death is a contrarian? Death may just decide to leave you alone until that moment when you see something worthwhile about living. Then Death will take you. And take care not to try to fool Death. It sees right through you.

How to resolve the conundrum?
Are you at least enjoying passing the time on some level?

This sounds to me as if you are very sorry for yourself for some reason. But I don’t believe you. I think that every creature clinges to life (and if you’re getting upset now, you prove me right :wink: ).

To the OP:

If the human spirit doesn’t mirror God’s eternal essence, then Sartre was right - we make our own; we are like the river you never step into twice, a conscious one that chooses which way it goes. However…if the human spirit does mirror God’s essence, we are not dealing with a changing river, but an infinite well. We can choose to be filled from that well, or be dry wells ourselves. And we will become exactly what we choose.

I’m not waiting to die. I have poems yet to write.

duplicate

That’s good. :smiley:

So life is worth living and doing, it does have meaning and a point for you.

Why has your fish got feet?
I think you are missing the point. Do you know what Ixthos stands for?

The ichthus w/ feet is for me a symbol of theistic evolution. See biologos.org/questions My last post stands regardless.

Theism is a medieval myth. It contradict evolution, obviously.

Define what you mean by “passing the time”.
You must be a real pain on road trips. :mrgreen:

Me too.

Lev,

Why they are for walking on land, Lev. Didn’t you kow that? You can’t see it, but this fish also has a “bottomless” air tank for when he becomes the fish out of water. His feet are also for walking on the ocean floor when he gets tired of swimming. He’s an awesome mutation.
We call him Mutie.

Anything that can keep me meaningfully occupied is passing the time. I do not do road trips for I avoid human beings
as much as possible. I am as free as I can be while still being alive but death is my destination. And all life is is just a
short journey along the way before the inevitable. And if death is eternal and painless it must not be feared. Though
tell this to most human beings and they start going into denial mode. Yet no one who is dead has ever been observed
to be unhappy so there is zero reason to be afraid of it and every reason to welcome it with open arms. Indeed I now
accept it so much that I do not really worry about anything. Since I know that my life shall end one day and all of the
worrying will have been in vain. You cannot be any more free now than to live a life with as little worry as is possible
Now some here have no time for nihilists but I am more free than they are so I must be doing something right I reckon
Although I did not choose to become nihilist for instead it just became the most ideal position for me to actually be in
And it was a slow transitional process that I now fully accept and I now see the bigger picture too so it all makes sense
I cannot recommend it because even though it works for me it may not do so for anyone else. So you have to find what
works for you. I cannot tell you what that is as that is only something that you can know. And so then each to their own

Life is learning not passing time. Existence here is about learning life and death not passing time. Energy given and wasted does not give what is needed after. Passing time leaves you utterly ignorant for the next phase.

Each year adds value to life, unless you stand still.
Standing still is just death. Life is about change and learning and growing. More knowledge, more experience, more of everything.
THe paradox is health which inevitably declines. Thus when you are at your greatest you are closest to death.

Not for me it doesn’t. The number of half truths on this forum are astounding.

Please do not make a meaning making response where you tell about the metaphors of “standing still”.