There isn't really a muse thread.

That was from a post a while ago. But why, you ask. Opposition was clearly not working. Regardless of how reasonable I thought I was being, I was getting no where. Too continue doing the same thing became unreasonable. I’ve not been here before so I’m sort of playing around getting my feet wet. I am sorry I don’t have a more complete explanation then that. New vector; lets see where it leads. I am an experimental sort.

I’ve read some of your other posts. Flummoxed? I suffer from that too. But always play your strong suit. That’s what a partner does.You are attempting to revel as much as you can about an unknown hand.

I don’t play a lot of cards but it is a particular card game metaphor.

If you hold it in the palm of your hand and someone has convinced you have lost it, who’s fault is that?

Thanks James, I’ve learned a lot. Experimentation provides proof of theory. I do sort of worship science because it worships that which is repeatable. If you’ve found out some property that is uniform in it’s behavior (a proposed “law”) then you can document that uniformity and it’s replication should reproduce the result uniformly. It’s behavior should be predictable (useful) given science.

If any claim is proposed where the information to reproduce the result is not also readily available I do not think it promotes science. What it promotes is myth or fantasy or illusion. Reproduce just one of the devices as it has been presented as evidence of what you have claimed. Make the coil spin.

Given the evidence provided you’re a blow hard.

Oh, so you weren’t intending to prove anything with your claim followed by an enumeration; you were presenting evidence?

Evidence.
noun

1. That which tends to prove or disprove something; ground for belief; proof.
  2. Something that makes plain or clear; an indication or sign:
    His flushed look was visible evidence of his fever.
  3. Law. data presented to a court or jury in proof of the facts in issue and which may include the testimony of witnesses, records, documents, or objects.

You are so full of bullshit you’re not likely even aware of how full of bullshit your are, or potentially even worse, you are.

They said planks constant was the smallest unit of measurement, yet they found particles that are smaller than that, so is science really science anymore?

Sure is. Why wouldn’t it be?

Best guess as informed and repeatable as possible. Historically best guesses get better and guesses that do no conform get discarded.

Seems we humans are not so good at keeping a best guess distinct from infallible knowing.

Science, good science; doesn’t lay claim to knowing, but it is fairly good at rooting out what doesn’t work. James demands rather cavalierly, that science answer “why”? That’s not what science distinguishes. How, and what, and where and when are more the domain of science. I would hope a scientist answers the “why” question with I don’t know. That would be an honest answer.

But they can balance the frequency driving four propellers to keep a drone in the air with no one flying it because they can calculate how electrons behave and can calculate the forces they can create. Conductors and insulators have a science behind them, which is fairly well understood, that I wouldn’t call knowing. Rather, it’s more like really super informed guessing. The better the information the better the guess.

By the way they disprooved Einstein’s General Relativity wrong the other day, by measuring the gravity field of small particles. The field was several hundred times larger than Einstein’s equations predicted. Also, they proved that gravity fields only occur when an object is moving, which implies my theory about aether is real. So Einstein is wrong and my theories are right, when will I get the credit i deserve?

The other day?

General? Special? Super String? Spangly Dangly? At this >scale< it still works. Wouldn’t surprise me if, like the really super tiny behaves differently, so too would the really super gigantic, and we sort of live in between.

I have a hard time groking the notion of Entanglement and that quarks exist in two states until you measure them and it is the result of measurement that determines which state you end up with. That’s some strange shit. However, I still wake up every morning to the same alarm, and when I put my foot down the floor is solid. I put bread in a toaster and toast comes out. Electrons whirl and my car starts. And this works repeatably and when it doesn’t there is a fairly short troubleshooting list of possible culprits. We are aware of what is required for it to work and when it doesn’t we look at the requirements, are they being met?

It doesn’t work at that scale but it works fairly predictably on this scale. So do you throw the babe out with the bath water?

Looks like Trixie is having fun with some string.

Somehow there is a disconnect between a guy who thinks the coil will spin and “his” theory.

Be open, be still, be observant.

Good luck.

Trophy hunting?

“oh, I donate the meat to a local homeless shelter.”

Is that what a responsible trophy hunter is? Passing off the “spoils” to the “less fortunate”? Or perhaps passing off the responsibility for the waste of it. “Hey, it’s not my fault the carcass went to waste, I gave it to someone else. It’s not my waste; it’s their waste, but ain’t that an awesome rack?”

An unexamined life?

I am guilty of judging others, who I perceive, haven’t the capacity to judge them selves. That isn’t applicably ethical. Fail. How can you tell? I think I have a problem. It seems so clear to me, I really have a hard time thinking it takes that “much” awareness for anyone else, that I should have to explain it, and then I wonder if they wouldn’t be better off having figured it out for them self. And ain’t that a tag. Perhaps I haven’t figured anything out at all. I’m the trophy hunter, not after animals as game but ideas. Big rack, as epiphany, beyond that it is a guess.

Waiting.

It’s going to be a while.

I don’t get it. If a trophy hunter donates the meat, how did it go to waste.

a fairly long while.

Clear as butter.

“having figured it out for them self”

likely much more time will be required. i don’t have forever, but forever is all You have.
take all the time required.

I think there is an other way to talk.

One that is not sponsored within disagreement but rather is an effort to seek out agreement instead. A lack of consensus is low hanging fruit. Where there is agreement requires a climb higher up the tree, where sunlight is prevalent.

Which wolf do you feed?

Is the quest of philosophy to seek truth or to obscure it?

I don’t think slowly. It’s a god damned rat race in here. Only way to make any sense of it is to slow it down.

That’s bound to cause a pile up.

shit.

all you can do is put off until tomorrow what you didn’t get to today.