ILP vs KT debate?

Good ideas. I’ve thought about doing these things as well.

My more obvious account at KT has been quarantined to the dungeon area. So, there’s that as well.

Sure, that’s why I suggest going in under cover. Yeah, the dungeon. Satyr seemed to think that he was against censorship, as opposed to ILP, for example. But his censorship means that one must log in and post in a place that is labelled for _____________ I cannot remember the insulting category. So give up some dignity right off, agree to the label and you get to post. Mainstream media have this kind of ‘openness’ also, where ideas are presented as implicitly and often also explicitly dismissable and crazy. Not much nuance in his sense of what censorship is. He probably also thinks a burglar can only open a door with a battering ram.

What his method does is lead to anyone having an ounce of self-respect saying bye-bye while allowing him to say they were allowed to speak. So it would be a clever strategy but I think he is sincere in feeling superior to ILP on the censorship issue. LOL.

What is ILO? I love origami?

KT is asgard, Satyr is Odin (Anthony Hopkins) and goats do not belong at dinner tables no more than mortals such as Phred Phrederson belong at the dinner table. Satyr is only half goat, so he is allowed at the dinner table on tuesdays.

Turd wrote:

Check out the heading ……ILP vs KT debate.

I take it from your post, you are not willing to participate because Satyr is too mediocre for you. Whatever he is (and I have had my own battles with him), he knows himself and he knows people.

It’s o.k to say you don’t wish to participate in this debate, but please refrain from the shit you spewed out as to the reasons why you won’t and then to artfully switch it over to my alleged lack of debating skills.

You are so transparent and such a coward.

and I was looking forward to you getting your ass whipped. HA! :mrgreen:

What the hell turd??

I read satyrs philosophy in that thread he has reserved for explaining it… I can obliterate it!

Completely and utterly.

Haha, for now at least nobody on KT is willing to participate. Most find it beneath them. Understandable. I also embrace the elitist philosophy, but to a lesser extent. I don’t think all opinions are equal.

Anyway, it’s pointless to discuss details of debate until we get at least 3 people willing to debate… which I doubt is going to happen. But let’s wait and see.

Satanic Neo-Pythagorean? Are you just making turds up, or are you just a reTurd?

HaHaHa your writing style is way too conspicuous for you to go under the radar. For one, the misplaced ‘wheres’ would be an easy and sure way to identify you. I’m also positive that you have no clue what the KT position on nihilism is.

EDIT: conspicuous, not inconspicuous… silly me.

I’ll debate anyone on ilp about that long ass thread that satyr has about his philosophy, section by section… That thing is a pseudo intellectual joke!

The only reason I even read it is because of how obsessed people are about him…

I noticed he was speaking about his wish to formerly not get old, but now is, which sounds like nihilism to me. :mrgreen:

Seriously though, I am happy to debate and did so the end of last year. There is only so much obnoxious attitude I can take, and if people are going to use terms like ‘the will’ as if it is something, and not a Victorian perception long since abandoned as scientific, then there is no way to get down to the specifics. How can I take someone’s arguments apart at the seams, if they just keep glazing over everything with rounded off terminology?

Having said that, I found it somewhat interesting, and its hard to see the world without knowing that there is the [dumbass] Nietzschean side of things. The ancients kinda took the world as it comes at you, if a Spartan likes little boys or a poet is a lesbian, then that’s how they are. These days we tend to look at the former and many other things as a mental illness, which it is ~ if one looses sight of their former positions and heads headlong into further extremes.

My main argument is that satyr thinks the greeks were/are the most advanced, but I think the druids were. :stuck_out_tongue: Though I don’t like all the agendas flying round these days, where ‘the right thing’ is used to propagate said agendas as if they are trying to make the world into something it isn’t, I still think all that happened between there and here have been improvements. Humanity has advanced, and there is little point looking back at ideals from ancient societies with relatively little understanding of the universe. …philosophy aside that is [obviously we can learn from that] ~ but that doesn’t include their social philosophies.

The KT position on nihilism is actually very well documented. It is totally against it in all of its various manifestations
I have listened to two of Satyrs twelve part monologue on it. And the mission statement expressly states that the site
is proudly anti nihilistic. It can not be any more explicit than that. So why you think Ha has no clue I just do not know

Not so much whether nihilism is good or bad but that Ha is rather nihilistic and that the pope is rather nihilistic too.

Nevertheless, if challenged, not to accept the challenge would reek of a fear of failure of not being up to the challenge.

ILP is a bunch of people with different views. KTS is a bunch of people with the same views. That means something.

Yeah, that ‘sameness’ is a killer on KT and without regular contributions from Satyr, it seems to have lost its edge, but reading what he said he is not entirely opposed.

That seems reasonable.

It could be one’s instinct to look at the people he seems to be referencing there and make some assumption about them…but those are not the words of the people he’s debated. Those are his words. So when you read them, you should think about him and what they say about him.

I do.

Does that translate into you are also unwilling?

Seems like ILP do not want to engage just as much as KT do not.

Reminds me of this

youtube.com/watch?v=4trn2lJxl00

knowthyself.forumotion.net/t814- … yr-s-views

Is that so? Try me. I read Satyr’s posts from time to time when I get extremely bored much as I would derive entertainment from reading comics.

Apparently for Satyr anything that is not Satyr’s philosophy is nihilism.

Yeah, on KT Catholicism is nihilistic along with birthday parties, dogs chasing cats, and children at the end of the street selling lemonade. Everything is nihilism!

No.

Nihilism is reality denial, a philosophical position usually resulting from a psychological condition of not being capable of coping with reality as it is and so inventing numerous fabrications and lies about reality in order to make it more tolerable, and present them as reality, while claiming that what reality actually is, is a lie, or a human construct, etc. It is a disconnection from reality only possible in sheltering environments.

One example of nihilism is belief in objective morality, that morality is not a survival tool humans evolved, but that there is a moral code to be followed that is objective, outside of subjective (human) minds and independent from it.
The reality is that there is no objective morality.
Belief in objective morality is thus nihilistic, as it denies reality, and it is often a product of an individual’s inability to cope with the absence of morality in the objective world, so they lie to themselves that it isn’t really absent. Similar to how the belief in afterlife is formed, an inability to cope with the idea that our existence is not infinite. Another example of a nihilistic belief.

I think that where you’d disagree with KT, HaHaHa, is that while on KT an absence of universal moral code is acknowledged, it is not taken as an excuse to completely surrender to nature and not have any moral principles, and it is not considered something to be complained about, but something positive because it gives us a chance to construct our own principles instead of being forced to blindly follow what is presented to us without the option of criticizing or questioning or choosing differently.

That’s it in short.

And so you have your debate, HHH.