To My Pen Pal Zoot Allures

Ten four. Keep the proposal in mind. Meanwhile, I have to stay relatively close to my mother so I can help her when she needs it. She’s getting old and needs help once in a while. But, if something comes up where she wouldn’t mind, I might check out the sex offender laws of your state. If they are decent, I might try it.

aww
++rep

Yeah, with family I understand. Did the same with my father.

PM me for more specific details privately.

Where is Zoot Allures now?

I hope he’s all right.

I wish him all the best.

Greetings.

Ha is probably hibernating for a while, in a recent forum, he may have misunderstood forum etiquette, totally unaware of some human, all too human perceptions. Like a lone wolf, a Steppenwolf. I feel for him but also understand for him to learn the proper ways of information surfing.

If you’re out there, please understand, that here is one who knows the decades of tough skin acquired through the ups and downs of verifying fortune.

Hang with it Steve!

Ummm… Zoot’s in the lock up again. He got picked up around the time of his last post.

No underage children involved this time (thank the gods) just a vehicular break and enter, in possession of stolen goods and busted with a bag of weed/paraphernalia.

With several sex offenses under his belt, it’s looking like he’ll be away for a long time.

That’s terrible to hear. I figured that was the case. sighs

Yeah. Over the last decade or so, I’ve seen him do a 180 and turn into a person I genuinely liked. He was a very angry man, initially. For a while back there, I think he was totally capable of losing it and doing something really nasty but then he began to change. His political and philosophical ideologies fell apart. He was less stringent about forcing his views on others and his anger subsided. He even began talking to people he previously thought beneath him, intellectually, and started to show care for people he said he despised. He even made a post or two where he showed his personal feelings.

His problem was that he was left in a vacuum without political, philosophical or religious beliefs and had nowhere to go… nothing to do. He tried to fill up his time by entertaining himself here but even that fell away when his computer froze and he was left with a phone and little interest to say anything.

Underneath it all, Zoot’s a good man, perhaps the most intelligent person on this forum and definitely one of the most articulate posters but his intelligence wasn’t focused. He had nothing to use his intelligence on so he took up entertaining the crowd. That’s OK for a while but it’s just a filler for a person who feels the need to know, be or do something more substantial.

I can’t help but wonder if Zoot was subconsciously drawn to back to prison? If nothing else, prison relieves the prisoner of the desperate need to find purpose and meaning to our short lives; additionally you don’t have to struggle from one little job to the next every couple of days just to make ends meet. :-k

Hard to believe.

I have been told that punishment and circumstances in prison are bad in the United States, at least worse than in Europe, where prisons are - comparatively (!) - like paradises.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5gnubhlgF0[/youtube]
[list]- “Zoot Allures” by Frank Zappa, 1976 -[/list:u]

Yeah, I heard he was on the run for two months. I kinda figured this was going to happen sooner or later. I told him to stay away from urban population centers but he insisted living within them anyways.

Zoot man… why you go fuck yourself up so :neutral_face:

Perhaps, but I’m not suggesting that it’s a decision Zoot made consciously. Zoot would never have chosen to go to prison, but you have to wonder why a person who has to stay clear of the law, does something that’s going to land him in trouble. It’s not rational and this is what I’m hinting at. We’re not as free to make decisions as we like to believe.

indirect commentary is my answer?

I think he would have been even more bored if he had to live on the fringe. Besides, I guess he needed to stay close to get work. That’s another thing; even though he bragged about his workmanship a bit too much (in the old days), I think he would have been a great worker to have on a team if he was respected and paid, accordingly. The trouble is, when he comes out, he won’t have too many years left to ply his trade before he’s considered too old…

I warned him that he was going at things the incorrect way and that sooner or later he was going to get pinched.

Zoot knew the score as he’s an adult and ultimately his decisions got him where he is. It’s a shame but it is what it is and he has nobody to blame but himself.

That’s all I can say on the subject. He’s a smart intelligent guy but apparently in this matter he got himself caught into something that he couldn’t get out of.

I’m not sure if he was stealing things over a period of time or whether this was a one off? If he was doing stuff like this over a period of time, then he’s really just playing Russian Roulette with his life. Not good.

I can understand someone who’s addicted to sex or drugs doing dangerous stuff because their addiction pushes them into it, but stealing? That sounds, like something he could control if you really wanted to…

Still, I can’t help but feel sorry for the old boy. Such a waste.

He’s being held in Harnett County, NC in the local jail I believe. I can’t get much information beyond that other than what was reported on a local news website. If you want to know more private message me.

Thanks, just let us know how long he gets if/when you find out.

Sure, although I know very little myself.