Why did we stop inventing gods?

Yeah.

So … just lie to and keep secrets from the children?
That’s your idea for a better future?

… typical and quite in vogue.

What lies and secrets are they James?

Religion is the biggest lie.

Typical of what?

In vogue? I’ve been this way inclined as far as religion is concerned since 1984 when 14, and I was able to exercise that inclination around 17 when my mother could no longer force me to go to church… attend for a good Holy Sacrament or two, sure.

In this case, it seems that you believe that people are born free and clear of humanity’s past, as if no one has ever done anything that would cause continued hatreds (despite the constant use of such things to justify more hatred).

People are born with poor judgment, wanting from poor judgment, being taught poor judgement, and performing poor judgement. Being “in sin” merely means having “poor judgment” (just another of those secrets that you propose).

To remove your sins is to remove your poor judgement; to give you wisdom, intellect, awareness, and knowledge.

Your opinion … and without a better option to propose.

Opinionated, hypnotized, new-age drones, living in poor judgement.

It has been in vogue sine the 1950’s

“We” didn’t.

They merely call them something else. Now it is Quantum Physics.

I prefer spirituality to a religion… you are turning this into a battle.

I take my spirituality very seriously, so nothing to do with what’s trending, as it was far from trending where I live :laughing:

…like the Brits were “just turning it into a battle”.
:icon-rolleyes:

To what period are you referring to James?

I am not native to this country… remember, so I do not harbour the same thoughts and feelings as a native Brit would. My natural inclination is towards an open awareness… rather than an enforced religion.

The only difference is that religion is more organized. Without organization, the people remain weak and malleable, thus controlled by unseen and un-blamed people (media) rather than people with known names and known claims.

It is all the same game, merely a different manipulation strategy.

Man is the great manipulator using money, media, and medicine.

We did not invent God(s). We invented a god concept that evolved according to our spiritual understanding. Bob was absolutely right on this point. By way of Greek and oriental influences, the Hebrew God became the Christian God. So what is the latest concept of God? Is it still locked into the understanding of ancient Hebrews and 1st century Christians?

Indeed he does.

Did we?

What about the new gods, for example the “scientific” gods.

I’d say the modern day version of god is false idols.

Good point.

Either we did not invent gods or we invented false gods (idols).

The first “gods” for a child are the parents of the child. Later the child learns what “gods” mean or/and what a “god” means. So that learning of the concept “god/gods” by children is a part of the ontogenetic development. I think that the learning of the concept “god/gods” by erstwhile adults, thus a part of the phylogenetic development, is similar to the ontogenetic development. Ancestors had and have been gods for a very, very, very long time.

Modernity fights the origin. So theologically said, modernity means inventing false gods (idols). But in other times and always for children gods are not an invention but a part of the development of language-based thought from the concrete to the abstract.

Foolishness.

No Gnostic Christian believes the myth we created to put against the Christian myth. We do not hold any supernatural beliefs. Those are only good for those who refuse to think.

Regards
DL

Originally, most of the Eastern gods were androgynous so specifying female was not required. All souls were seen as androgynous.

I do recognize that Christianity and Islam have made women second class in terms of ideology, — even as they try to say they do not.

Regards
DL

I guess that you are not aware of Jung and Freud’s Father Complex.

You might want to look it up, although you believe in the supernatural so natural things might elude you.

Regards
DL

So you prefer to lie to children and damage their minds with immoral beliefs of their supernatural condemnation.

That is hardly a way to a better future.

Regards
DL

Only to those who have incorrectly branded science and atheists.

Christianity should have science as their god.

If they had that then perhaps Christianity would have grown itself by good deeds instead of the sword.

Regards
DL