Is love the answer to the world's problems? (story)

Love? :laughing:

Well, if we’ve discovered this, then wouldn’t it make a lot of sense to first look “under our noses” before looking elsewhere? :laughing:
This is not meant to be silly. Have you ever gone to the supermarket and not been able to find something so you ask. Where is it ultimately to be found? Right in front of you. We all have a blind spot.

So, in the future, first look under our noses or above them or to the right or left of them. That might be a bit silly.

Why do you consider love in action to be grace?

Jerkey,

Wouldn’t those virtues come after the cognitive thinking and discernment it might take to understand the power behind love?
Then there would also be the “awe”!

I agree with this. Some forms of so-called love are not grace filled. Something is always expected in return.
Grace comes from gratis - free. With grace, there is no price to be paid.

When I write, I write for an audience, and myself too, and so in this specific context the specific meaning of grace can be defined as love in action (a type of beauty and elegance of motion).

One Liner,

I understand that.

Yes, I can feel that. Like the beauty and elegance of motion in the below…(beauty is in the eyes of the beholder).

Real love in action IS grace - with no price to be paid…given freely.

Or even in this image below.
image.jpeg

Doing what comes naturally is grace? To me grace is a type of courage to do what is not natural yet beneficial to another.

This is true but I am tempted to ask: Which form of love in our images requires more of a challenge?
although both of them may be given with much grace.

Depends on each individual person, but I personally find your image far more easier and less challenging than my image.

It is extremely hard to determine what is beneficial to another and often we get it wrong and make things worse.

I’m rather surprised at your answer. Why do you find it to be that way?
Look at the woman. She’s a Mom. That is her son. He is all clean and paid for :evilfun: smiling and happy.
How difficult is it to love that baby?

But I may be wrong. Why do you feel that it is easier to love, care for and reach out to that man than for the woman to love her son? at least in that image.
is it from necessity?

Speak for yourself; I’m perfect! :mrgreen:

I am not a parent (my wife and I cannot have kids) and am not familiar with that experience (call it fear of the unknown) whereas I am more than familiar with your image and so don’t fear that expression.

Doing what comes naturally could be another definition for grace …or being graceful anyway. I love to dance and I’m a great dancer. It comes naturally to me so at times my dancing might seem to be quite graceful.
But there is graceful in action and there is also grace-filled in action. Is there a difference?

Grace can work as a type of courage under fire especially when one might lose their own life.

I like to think of graceful and grace as “almost” identical and so I may not be a graceful dancer but if I am an enthusiastic dancer then my enthusiasm is graceful (not the dancing itself).

I don’t see the two as anywhere near identical. Graceful implies that something can be done with ease and fluidity; grace implies unmerited reception of some gift, which is given without expectation of its return as in There but by the grace of God go I.

It can be done with ease and fluidity because God gave you a gift. You are graceful because you are full of God’s grace.

That is the origin of the word ‘graceful’.

A devout atheist may be a graceful dancer, given the proper skills and training.

So?

Just because an atheist says that there is no God, does not make it so. God’s grace also extends to atheists.