Trudeau implies Islam segregation of women is Strength

James, your star trek autism says that all cultures are equal, even if they are barbaric. Prime directive bullshit. If an impending asteroid will wipe out all life on the planet, star trek autism says it is morally wrong to save their society.

You’re acting like Islam has some kind of goal. It has no goal other than perpetuating itself. Islam teaches males to have no goal other than Islam, so it makes males essentially “How can I help you get us there”, it’s a feminizing religion, and you’re acting like it’s the salvation of masculinity and the salvation of nature or something.

???
What in the Hell do Star Trek themes have to do with ME???

I have never said anything about anyone or any thing being equal. :confused:

The ONLY thing that I have said is that what they do with their own kind works for them. Unlike most of Western feminized societies, they are not decaying, but growing. One of the reasons is that they maintain the polarization of the genders.

If you want to dis them, it would be good if you bother to merely do it in a better way. Christianity was relatively kicking their ass. When they gave up on Christianity, they invited in their own foes.

An infectious tumor grows too, why so supportive.

War mongering is war mongering, not helping.

If you want to defeat Islam, just do it right.

The Quran is not going to be ruling the world.

I could see women supporting this view to avoid having sex with men they didn’t want to have sex with (their husbands). Women used to use menstruation as an excuse not to have sex (going even as far as cutting themselves to fake menstrual bleeding). Victorian women did that too. So, in paternalistic societies, the uclean view can work in women’s favor by giving them another excuse not to have sex.

Damn, had not thought of that angle :slight_smile: you probably nailed it. Even if you love the guy, men have a much more primitive higher sex drive.

I also suspect that the gross misunderstanding of female anatomy may have been supported, if not influenced by women themselves. In paternalistic socieites, the less men know about female bodies the better…for women I mean.

Women have a equally primitive sex drive if not more so. Due to modern schizophrenia it is simply more hidden from themselves. Males tend to be aroused to nurturing behavoirs, women tend to be aroused to assholes and brutes behavoirs so hmm please run that by me again once more, and with feeling.

There is that as well but, that would only apply to specific groups within that religion. Public education, world entertainment would change all but the secluded.

I was too hasty with this assumption. It’s true that women would want to (covertly) preserve the control over their sexuality and reproductive system in paternalistic societies, but so would men. Women were often isolated in a controlled environment which put them at disadvantage. So we had situations where female genital mutilation was accepted and even situations where men knew that she was pregnant even before the (often very young) woman herself did. This was accomplished through access to medical practitioners, which could be done only with man’s permission.

Some women [especially the older ones] may even favor Islam permission for a man to have four wives to enable them to have break from having to fake orgasm.

Nah, sex is not the point here.

The point is the overall attitude of misogyny towards women within Islam [note the verses that I quoted] that brought forth much sufferings to Muslims women in general and their evil attitude towards non-Muslims women as well in many aspects of their life besides sex.

Basically it is Islam degrading the female basic human dignity and treating her like a sub-human with the permission from an all powerful God, Allah.

As Allah stated in many verses in the Quran, women are owned and can be beaten by their husband and viewed as a piece of sh:t and be treated like sub-humans by Muslim males. This is already a reality as committed by SOME [not all] Muslims who has active evil tendencies and that is with the sanction of Allah, i.e. because Allah said so!

Would you accept to be treated in such a manner?
If not, at least extent some compassion to the women who has already suffered or are suffering the evils of such a brutal ideology [in part, not whole].

Just like the other religious texts the Quran has different interpretations of original words.

quran.com/33:32

You are correct.

The default of any religious believers [especially the Abrahamic religion] is they MUST be bias toward their own beliefs regardless of whether it is true or false, else the faith will not work for their salvation.
Thus it is very common where some verses and words in the Quran are translated from one extreme to other extreme by different translators depending on their necessary personal bias and interests. The Quran is translated into English by the very moderate Muslims like the Ahmadiyahs and by those from other extremes, the Salafist/Wahabbis.

This is why reading the verse within context of the paragraph, the chapter, the whole Quran, the ethos of Islam, its history and the whole of reality is critical to arrive at a rational truth of what was the original intended message.
In addition at least some knowledge of the Arabic language [of old Quran, not modern Arabic], i.e. semantics, grammar, other basics are essential.

I used Pickthall’s translation of the Quran as my main reference and cross reference to another 45++ [yes & seriously] English translations of the Quran. I don’t do that all the time but only where I think there is likely to be controversy and ambiguity.
In addition, I read a wide range of commentaries of Islamic scholars from a range of background, plus whatever is necessary to understand Islam thoroughly.

As for the misogyny elements and verses in the Quran and Islam, that is without doubt if one were to read the Quran in its full range of context. The reality of misogyny within Islam is so evident with tons of empirical evidences [because Allah said so] from throughout the world wherever there are Muslims.

People change with time. Societies change. Religion changes as well.

If Muslims choose a different translation of the texts than was used 1000 years ago, then you are witnessing an evolution of thought.

It seems pointless to refer to an ‘original intended message’ if modern Muslims don’t want that message any longer.

So Muslims try to move away from misogyny by using less misogynous translations but you want them to use the original misogynous texts. You want to keep reminding them of the original misogyny.

Is that really a productive thing to be doing?

So the 14-year-old will grow up doing what she is told to do. And when she turns 18 or 21, she will still do what she is told to do. Why would she suddenly assert herself when she becomes an adult? :confusion-shrug:

Why would I have to prove that? You have not proven that all women are free to choose. In fact, you agreed with my examples which showed that some girls/women are not free to choose.

Your entire argument is based on the concept that you can think and decide anything - that’s the freedom. Any consequences of the decision are external to that mental freedom and do not impede it. But even that you do not apply consistently since beatings would be irrelevant to that freedom. No physical act could counter that freedom.

That’s great (and very philosophical) but does not help someone who is physically suffering. A starving man needs a slice of bread more than he needs philosophy.

Obviously I am for change, evolution and progress. Note my signature below. I salute those Muslims [the majority] who ignore the many evil elements in the Quran [Islam] and acting a good human beings rather than being the truest Muslims. However humanity cannot ignore the following;

What I have presented above is from the perspective of Islam, i.e.

1. Islam is represented by the Quran 6,236 verses.
  2. A Muslim is a person who has entered into a covenant [contract] with Allah and thus must comply with,
  3. The terms and conditions of the covenant which are all within the 6,236 verses of the Quran which;
  4. Include misogyny elements and other evil laden elements.
  5. Thus a true Muslim must comply with the terms of the Quran, i.e. including the elements of misogyny and,
  6. that truer Muslims will be rewarded by Allah at the expense of the sufferings to be endured by some female Muslims.
    7.If a Muslim do not comply and go against the misogyny elements his is not a true Muslims in one sense and thus may liable to to be punished by Allah.

The reality is out of the 1.5 billions Muslims there could be some %* of husbands who are naturally born or grow up with abusive tendencies. The above points 1-7 of Islam allow abusive husbands a free hand to beat their wives with the sanction of a God :astonished: , i.e. Allah.
If 1 % that is a frightening 15 million around the world. I believe the real figure is more than 1%.

My point is there are elements of inherent evil within Islam [represented by the Quran] which MUST be addressed by humanity.

The problem is most of humanity are not aware and are ignorant of such evil [condoned by a God] exists within Islam. Almost all non-Muslims [apologists, etc.] believed Islam is 100% a religion of peace and all good.

As a concerned and responsible citizen of humanity I must highlight such truth of evil [ultimate root causes] within Islam [in part].
Note there is a wide range of evil laden elements in the Quran and Islam [in part, not whole] which has influenced SOME [not all] Muslims who are evil prone to commit terrible evils and violence around the world.
One of the worst consequences arising from Islam [in part] is this; [29,251]

Note the above is merely one type of evil and violence that involve deaths.
There are a full range of non-fatal evils and violence committed by SOME [Muslims] around the world.

Maybe she sold some of her mom’s pills to the other kids at school.

[/quote]
When a teen or adult human that is of average or above mental and physical health they choose their way of living.
BTW, How many dads are going to beat an infant, toddler, prekindergarten, kindergarten children in to true submission? Give me a number of average Muslim fathers that you think will do that. Give me a number for the men that want a home filled with fear, hate and pain , no love, joy or laughter. There will be some, sure. All religions and cultures have those that thrive on such.
As was mentioned,When there is Stockholm syndrome, yes there will be no to little choice in behavior.

Whole countries/ large communities all have all women with Stockholm for many generations??? Unless you believe all the males go home from work and just mentally and physically beat down all females in their home??
I cannot see it and until massively proven otherwise, will not.

On to the mythical 14 yr old girl in an overstrict home. She will have willfully independently chosen to wear a skirt that she knew the males and females would disapprove of. She would know the consequence of that choice. She was very free to choose . That the 14 year old chose to wear the skirt in front of the family says that her home is not about beating down the females. 14 year old children push limits unless beaten down and live in total fear. She was called a whore, not beaten or killed. The home is moderate for a religious house. Daughters from other conservative sects from other religions worldwide still get beaten and possibly killed for such behavior not just name called.
Muslim women choose their life. If they did not accept it they can run or choose to kill themselves or be killed, kill the male or ostracized. That they do not choose to be as other religions or communities only shows that they are free in their own mind.

The men are outnumbered, the men are not normally huge they are average and not abnormally strong. Women can go and kill every single male easily if they wished. Generations have chosen this way of life. If they are accepting of it, choosing it, then they are free. You and I don’t approve of their way , we could not live that way. It does not mean that we should demean their culture and religion.

Well then she is pretty much a free chooser.