Philosophy is Friendship

I have acquired the power, and joyfully exercise that power, of separating scum from myself.
All I need to do is write down deeply wholesome insight. The rotten hearts of the world will speak out in horror and draw lines of truth between us.

This is what Politics means in the coming age; separation and regrouping by means of explicating values directly.

Turd is part of a species of ape that has failed to attain full humanity, so is Trixie - they have no ‘heart’ - only a mind that is essentially parasitic.

We all have our own view of truth, don’t we? How do you know that yours is a valid one, are valid ones, and that those of the rotten hearts of the world you speak of aren’t?
How can negatively gathering the sheep to the herder come from a deeply wholesome insight?
It could come from something deeply felt but not really understood or noticed.

But Pezar is certainly not your equal. So does that make him your slave? It seems like you’re indulging him (joining him in pointless juvenile pursuits) rather than trying to raise him to be your equal (as a lover of wisdom). You’re also unintentionally embarrassing him with threads like “What Pezar Said”

Yes. I appeal to peoples instinct for superiority.
Lowly people hate it, and express it through trying to lower what they see, high people enjoy it or feel fine with it.
By lowering the noble notion of Value so violently, the lowly reveal themselves as, objectively, scum.

None of this is meant to convince anyone of anything; it is meant to clarify the master-slave dynamic.
At one point I will cease sacrificing energy to this clarification, but I enjoy seeing scum outlined as precisely what it is. I enjoy its writhing in its self-knowledge.

You evidently have no friends.

…and look where that got us…Hitler and the extinction of millions of Jewish people.

If you were in fact speaking above as trying to grow, to become more than we are, I can agree with that. But I’m not sure that’s what you’re doing here.
You do realize, Jakob, I’m pretty sure, that there are those so-called superior people who have that attitude because contrary to what they think, they feel the exact opposite. It’s called a defense mechanism. It’s also called narcissism which often is based on a sense of inferiority.

This is only my thinking here, but it seems to me that with a statement like that, any person lowers the notion of Value.
It discredits one.
Are we not all entitled to our perspective, Jakob? Is the one you’re speaking about so scum-like to you?

Why does someone so have to lower another in order to place their own self on a pedestal?

lol Oh, you certainly have done done, Jakob. I’m just not sure who is the master and who is really the slave in your dynamic viewpoint.

What is happening to you?

I did not say the drugs alone caused the epiphanies, but they certainly fuel them.

Final push? try driving force!

Oh well!

Magsy,

The way I look at it, the real driving force is…

The drugs would be the final push and maybe not even that.

Did I ever call you scum, Arc?

No, because you aren’t scum.

What is happening to you??

How does that follow( is evident)? So you do consider Pezar to be your equal?

Fixed Cross,

I never thought that you were calling me scum, Jakob.

I just don’t understand how if we see value, someone becomes scum? Isn’t that a strong word to use?
That being said, not wanting to be hypocritical, I imagine there are some who I can look on as scum.
But why would you associate someone with scum who just comes from a different perspective from you or maybe didn’t have the same breaks as you did/do and who is just struggling, let’s say as a result of his/her war experience?

I suppose that I’m just growing horns and a tail or maybe I always had them.
The Satan in me is thriving that’s all.

PB - Yes, of course. I cant endure unequals around me. Havent you noticed that about me?

He’s the most powerful resisant Ive encountered since Sauwelios. Who is a long time close friend.
Pezer has taught me as much about myself as I have taught him about himself; rather, our extremely pressure-laden project has caused both of us immense stress and erupted often in violent arguments, the most violent ones Ive had with anyone except Sauwelios (friends argue far more violently than adversaries, as the stakes are higher); this has taught disciplined.

If you take from the videos that Pezer is less than I am in rank, if thats what you take from the thread where we write down phrases and make memes out of them, you are in an alternate universe, you see nothing of us that is real.

Pezer does not take shit. He is so immensely proud that he can actually see what I am.

If youve seen the lengths Turd has gone through to try to make me feel pain and shame, youd see “scum” is mild. He has lost a part of his humanity and takes that out on me. It’s fucking horrifying to imagine his inner world. But Ive tried all along to be polite to him and to engage him in sensible things.

He’s just convinced me that he is fundamentally incapable of decency.

I call scum those who inflict deliberate harm on people evidently out to bring light and love.
Every sane person here knows I am arrogant but a very generous and bright guy only out to make peoples lives better.

Everyone sees Turs is out to ruin peoples days.

How is he not scum? Why do we have the word scum if not to designate Turd?

:mrgreen: You go girl.

Fixed Cross wrote:

As for the first part, I don’t think that’s necessarily true. They may not be equal in certain things, like looks, intelligence, et cetera but as long as they see their selves as equals where it counts, friendship can go there.

As for the second part,

Well, that is certainly not a view which came from nowhere. lol That’s a sado-masochistic dynamic but certainly not a friendship.
That’s more a symbiotic relationship - or a co-dependency…not the ideal friendship. The so-called master needs the slave just as much as the slave needs the master. I daresay that in some cases the master needs the slave even more to feel superior. The slave may eventually rebel against this wonderful master just as those slaves which are our emotions can eventually rebel against us.

Aside from that, you may be having unconscious fantasies of an S&M relationship, Jakob. Be very very careful there. :evilfun:

Equals keep each other in check. Sauwelios is certainly your equal. He is able to refine your position, and you, in turn,are able to build back off of that.

Point me to one video or thread(where Pezar is speaking) where he shows that he understands your position and is able to elaborate on it in an equally elegant manner. From everything I’ve seen and read, he could at best be called a disciple (and not a very disciplined one at that).

Being proud and offering resistance is good, but doesn’t necessarily make one an equal. And you can talk Pezar up all you want, but that just proves you’re loyal, not that he’s your equal.

I mean only equals in power.
All have different power-attributes. But where friends measure is a general strength of will, which also translates to intelligence, wit, courage, ambition, etc. Pezer and Sauwelios are the most courageous men Ive personally met. Capable and Parodites are also courageous in a way that makes me regard them as pure heroes, as fit for the company of gods.

This is my morality. I just seek friends, equals. And I’ll reshape the world to make that happen if I have to. And I do.

As Parodites said; “If you are not commanding in this world you are being commanded.”
I want only friendships with those who thoroughly understand this. Anyone else, I could not trust with my life. And that is what friendship amounts to and is tested by, that kind of trust.

If a man does not know that trust, he is less of a man for it.

When I was in the filmacademy I saw a couple of friendships like that. Yes, surely that is far from ideal. It’s friendship for lesser people.
Theatre students also tend toward such travesties.
They still feel like they’re friends.
But obviously it’s not up to my standard, nor would it produce philosophy.

Neither are they unconscious, nor are they strictly fantasies. But I wont be exposing them here. It has little to do with philosophy…

Good thing you’re able to perceive that.

Our talk videos provide no such intensity. When were in the middle of a real argument neither of us is exactly reaching for a camera.
Just read Pezers positions here (as Filmsnob) and on BTL. How is he not resisting what I propose?

He’s loyal to me because I’m the most powerful person he knows. I’m loyal to him because he’s the most powerful person around. We’re very clear about that. Of course we share certain values and aims – but on this level, power and values are truly aspects of the same thing.

I do have rank on him philosophical-technically and scientifically, I feel I have philosophical and scientific rank on everyone alive including Zizek as well as the guys at Cern (so I could not give less about what a dude like Satyr tries to tell you) but he outranks me in qualities such as aristocratic outlook, straightforwardness, conciseness, important forms of bullshit-detecting; and there is a very important set of qualities that pertains to personal life in which I find in this guy the first one who actually has a spine.

Trust that very little of what goes on in any friendship makes it to video.

I could fairly say that Pezer is the only one I ever knew that talks down on me when I’m actually being weak. Most others mistake my greatest strengths for weaknesses, which causes a contempt so steep in me that Ive come to regard the human race as very heterogenous in quality and no longer consider each human an entity per se; one needs to earn this in my eyes, by displaying degrees of integrity, consistency, honesty. If not, I dont trust that such a person is able to really experience him or herself; I believe rather it is a function of some general pathos that goes around like the flu.

A friend, to me, needs to exist. Most people don’t. They are ephemeral phenomena relying for ground on truer valuings.
You’d faint in vertigo if you could see from my position. From where Im standing it is no longer wise to look all the way down.
Still, I am braver than I am wise.

That is why you guys still have the pleasure of Fixed Cross -bashing. I know that behind it is often genuine curiosity and ambition.
So maybe my courage is just a radical, long term wisdom.

Surely, this is a sign of mental illness.

…surely, this is a very big claim for any person to make.