Do you want to continue to live your dream?

Do you want to continue to live your dream or do you want to wake up?

What happens when we dream? We forget who we are because in our dream, we are somebody else in different circumstances - maybe we are on a plane flying to an unknown country with strangers, but that’s what we are. The point is: imagine that you had the power of deciding whether you want to continue your dream or not. Imagine that you are having a nightmare, a horrifying dream where you are being tortured, you are in pain, your body is diseased, bleeding; would you like that dream to continue? Of course not, but we don’t have a choice. We don’t have a control over our dreams! The question is: would you like to continue living in your dream or would you like to wake up? If I had a choice, I would like to stop living the dream because I know that the dream is just a dream - why would I want to live in a dream? Why spend those moments dreaming, only to wake up to realize that the dream is not real? Why dream of all the good things, only to wake up, happy or disappointed that it was just a dream?

If I have a choice, I would rather wake up and face the reality of my life. Now comes another and bigger question. It is about our life. Isn’t it like a dream? When it is over, we look back; nothing was permanent, nothing belonged to us. We came without anything and when we leave, we leave without anything. Is it not like a dream? It looks like we have all these people who are our relatives and friends, we have all this wealth which is our property - but at the end, when we wake up from the dream called life and look back, well, nothing is really ours. It is over like a dream.

Therefore, the question is - do you want to continue living in this dream called life or do you want to wake up and face the reality of who you truly are and what you should truly be doing?

AiR

Is this life a dream business just for human animals or should I tell my cat he is living an illusion? What else should a gnat be doing but living? Life matters!!!

I’m going to ask even though I know that I will get no answer.

Why does it need to be permanent in order for it to be real? Why do you need people and property to last forever?

Why is there something wrong if “nothing is really ours”?

In an attempt to answer your question, may I ask you to imagine this situation: imagine that you saw a beautiful girl from a distance. You may instantly fall in love with her. But, what if you go close to her only to realize that who you saw is not someone real, but just a statue of a beautiful girl? Is there anything wrong in this? No, there is nothing is wrong, except that when you go nearby who you saw and realize that the girl you fell in love with was not a real girl, but a
statue! Your heart may break or rather you would just laugh at it! So obviously, I would prefer to fall in love with something that is real. I would choose to live with something that truly matters. I would rather have something real than artificial, something permanent than temporary, or something that is truth rather than something that is an illusion. But well, that’s a matter of choice!

AiR

You can’t control your dreams ?

Lucid Dreaming?

A lucid dream is any dream during which the dreamer is aware that they are dreaming. During lucid dreaming, the dreamer may be able to exert some degree of control over the dream characters, narrative, and environment.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

Always have known I am dreaming and have the ability to control to a point and to stop. Kinda thought most folk did the same

The biggest lie one person can tell another is that life is just a dream. Cling to life for it is the only place where one can love and be loved. Love this life; it may be the only life you get.

That’s somewhat similar to your OP but there is an important difference:
I see the beautiful girl. I come closer and she is still a beautiful girl. I fall in love. We have joy and we have pain together.

Now you come along and tell me that she is not real.

But she truly does matter.

Maybe in your future posts, you could describe the choice that you made - your life of bliss.
What is your relationship to the ‘unreal’ people who surround you?
What is your relationship to the objects which surround you?