Are katana swords a good Christmas present for a 4 year old?

I’m giving him a M16 paintball gun next Christmas. Hopefully I will make enough money next year that I can throw in a nice night vision monocal, get a kids helmet, mount it, some snowshoes, and teach him how to do some cold weather patrols. I don’t want him entering into first grade without this knowledge base.

Badass man. Alex Jones would be proud.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBEcLxnXVAc[/youtube]

Turd, I did not mean give him formal strict lessons. I meant play with him , teach him rudiment behavior, give him attention. By sharing swords and helmets , it helps bonding.

I’ve barely watched that guy, not Alt-Right like you are shouting lingo around like Cuck-cervatives, etc.

I just know those who were trained to fight since youth did much, much better in the army than those who didn’t. Special Forces doesn’t target guys with Hollywood physiques, but rather backwoods hillbillies. I’m wanting him in the best possible position in case a draft ever happens, so he stays alive, and keeps those around him alive too, not for some bulkshit macho Nietzschean power gambit. It is a skill set my community once excelled in, it is now dying off. George Washington used to select his top ranger scouts from here, his top one, Samuel Brady, came from my town. His brother conquered Detroit. We maintained a high level of excellence for centuries, and it was the backbone of our republic. A citizen soldier makes for a loyal politician. I want a higher degree of this to return. Still kinda exists- but not as much. We have one of the only two Special Forces National Guard units in my state, but it is in the opposite far end of the state. If you learn to use a gun, you gotta learn how to use it in a variety of environments, a large pool of strategems to pull on, a comprehension of politics, and wisdom on knowing when not to use force, which is 99.99999999% of the time.

Good lord Turd, read what I wrote, you can play train easy then work up to discipline and most important you will bond and Turd that will make him the best. Bonds like that makes the child try harder, be better and gives them strength.

My play is always aimed at excellence. And he is even more anti-social than me. He hasn’t spoken to me since he was in diapers, I show up, give him his presents (usually a tablet, likes to break them) or when walking by I stop by and say hello. He says nothing. Not my place to force him to like me, I’m just a uncle, not his father. If he mistrusts my family, then he is wise. I don’t trust them either, that’s a good instinct he has.

Do you really want me wacking a four year old upside the head with a wooden bokken teaching him Zen Concepts of Swordsmanship like it is the last samurai? Wait a year or two till he can mentally process it.

When I was 5 I got a daisy model 8 in .22lr. Little single shot, youth sized rifle. I still have it. Get him one of those.

Not till I think he can handle basic troop movement procedures through the woods. If I just hive him a gun, he will shoot at the neighbors, he lives in a ratty suburban area, think outskirts if Pittsburgh.

Why would you whack him in the head at the start?? Dude the boy is waiting. Just a guess but, from you describe it sounds like you need to break through a barrier that you both have. You as the adult need to begin. Give you and him time and start slow but, do it. It sounds like you both need each other. You two need family bonding. My stepmom took time with me, it was a rough road but, now we are truly family.

I would suggest anything that can hold his interest long enough to stimulate his mental processes, and anything that won’t be hazardous to him or anyone in the vicinity… no-one fancies the idea of losing an eye or being blinded by paintball paint… no-one!

I’ve tried to break through, he isn’t interested. Fine.

And taking a solid couple sacks to the head is essential to teaching good swordsmanship, I’m not teaching him to wack at the other sword, but people. When you see sword fights on TV, they do it wrong if they go back and forth for ten minutes- you seek the decisive blow from the start. He needs the pain association to grasp that everything in the universe is out to destroy him, that he either has to wack me first, or at least stop me from hitting him. Teaching him anything less is deceptive and shameful, and against ethics.

Just get him a rifle and go from there. Troop movements through the woods? Don’t try and fancify sneaking around in the woods. You military guys love to slap some jargon on some common sense shit and call it training. Give me a break.

No, it is also river crossings, ambushes, camouflage, using winter and summer gear, surrounding houses and selectively killing off people, setting up defensive and offensive positions, how to rest and sleep and build emergency shelters, it is a lot more than the basic battle drills. Child soldiers don’t really do very good till at least 6-7 years old. What good is a child in elementary school if he doesn’t know how to disembowel people? We need to keep pace with both the academics innchina and the child soldiers in Africa. I taught him last year how to do basic vedic arithmetic before he stopped talking, so he already has a head start. Just keep those two spheres balanced.

Four years old dressing up as a ninja with a katana? Sure, why not? :wink:

Make sure you tell him not to poke his eye out or anybody else’s.

Turd please get rid of that pic of the african child. I live in america and I don’t want to know if there are children starving someplace in the world. Thanks.

That’s Alabama.

He may become Wapanese, as result, like these guys who like to dress up at conventions and pretend they are anime characters. I’m making an assumption that he is white, although that might not be so. I think what you would end up teaching him is that Japanese (foreign) culture is way cooler than (whatever his heritage is), and this is what he will remember in positive way and associate with (Japanese culture is cool/more desirable/superior). You really don’t know what impact this sword will have on him, but at a young age, it may be greater and more memorable than you think (or it may be just a phase he goes through). If you want a possibility that he might gravitate toward Japanese culture then go for it.

Hence why I’m first leaning towards the paraphernalia of the western martial arts first. Everyone should have a good balance of east and west, you can only grasp the one from the other, because we evolved out of the same roots, yet emphasize different aspects of the same things. Western martial arts evolved out of the technical guides surrounding gladiator fights, and Greek wrestling for a form of fighting based on measured thinking of combinatory methods within a larger situational synthesis. It wasn’t a codified art of sequences, but a corpus of options. Slower, very difficult to predict for fighters in individual melee. Inverse for china. For armies, different story altogether.

He will eventually get a copy of Kishido, but despite the name, it is the exact opposite of what you think it is. It teaches western classical philosophers paralleled to the ethics of Bushido.

Recommend it to everyone on the site. Catches you up on a lot of classical western authors.

Lets face the facts. White culture is mostly just a bunch of cuckery (half of modern whites sound like cucks) and the other half are bible thumping rednecks…If your argument is that White culture is superior, Far as Aryanism guidelines goes…Japanese are kind of more aryan than whites…

No it’s not.