Joker/Ha Ha Ha Memorial

all things being relative..jpg

This little girl says to you:

Ha - live a life like MINE and you’ll understand what feeling like eighty is at the age of five!
Whose life would you choose - yours or mine?

What’s that image supposed to imply?

That Arc sees Joker as bring a little black boy holding a captive girl, standing disgruntled in the mud, duh.

That there is another face to reality which could pawn yours.

You misspelled pwn.

You make me laugh.
Wasn’t that a little girl actually?

There is no need to go to Africa to see extreme poverty or depravity as it exists very much in the United States. I’ve lived it for many years in the past. For me this is a perverse liberal view that extreme poverty exists everywhere else but the west.

It denies the real pain, suffering, and struggling of many that live in the United States or the west.

Merlin wrote,

True if you live with eyes open.

i can’t really know for sure just WHERE the most extreme poverty is experienced - insofar as the U.S. or Africa goes.
That was your strong viewpoint as a result of your own living experience, Merlin, and I can respect that.

[/quote]
That’s only denied if we cannot see the larger real picture or if we try to make suffering and need into some kind of a competition almost which I know you were not trying to do.

But why would you call it a “liberal” view? I might call it a “narrow” view…a tunnel vision kind of perspective.

Arc if you wish I could start to recant in memory stories like homeless people taking a shit and slinging out feces on a roadside in downtown Seattle because of no access to public bathrooms.

I could tell you stories of homeless shelters I stayed at where people are human warehoused at sleeping on the floor in overcrowded rooms where there are forty people sleeping next to each other on the floor. I could tell you stories of people dumpster diving for food because they can’t afford to buy it.

I could tell you a story of an elderly man who lost his frostbitten hand sleeping outside in winter and how homelessness is forced upon him because he can’t afford the medications or healthcare to keep himself alive by any other means.

It’s a liberal view because there is this delusional ideal that the United States is the most socially liberal progressive nation on earth along with much of the industrial west. It’s built upon the delusion of socially progressive superiority. People like to delude themselves that those things don’t exist in the west because it makes it that much easier to ignore it all through indifference.

It is easy to ignore something that supposedly doesn’t exist, right?

It’s repugnant to say you have to go to the continent of Africa to see extreme poverty or social depravity. It’s also irresponsible.

Poorest most backwards people live in Birmingham, Alabama.

70% poverty rate.
100% ignorance rate.

Poverty is everywhere across the United States but our nation is very effective at concealing it falsely describing itself as a triumphant victor in destroying most of it. It’s sickening to watch and observe.

For an industrial nation for instance our nation marks the highest for child hunger. How is it that even possible for a socially progressive nation that supposedly has triumphed against poverty does this even occur?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, read the damn book on your philosophy already.

I’ve read many books by Jack London including that one. :wink:

:sad-teareye: :sad-teareye: :sad-teareye: :sad-teareye: :sad-teareye: :sad-teareye:

I am aware of these things but thank you for giving me a greater sight and for reminding me.

Sometimes it’s just ignored but sometimes people have no real conception of what is going on both at home or around the globe.
Sometimes we live in our own world of quiet desperation. Thoreau?

Not everyone can hold and keep an actual Reality of the world as it truly is and live in peace and contentment, can they? There has to be a balance of beauty and ugliness, no? Perhaps the Buddhists can but then doesn’t their viewpoint almost seem callous though not meaning to be. Their perspective - It is just the way the world is. It is as it is supposed to be.
I might be wrong in that though.

I do get your point although I don’t think that that is what I was necessarily doing or thinking when I posted that image…at least consciously. All I remember is that I wanted to post an image which might “pawn” what your human experience is – In other words, that there is always someone worse off than yourself – but you’re right – it could have simply been any image here or anywhere which points to man’s inhumanity to man or another of man’s or woman’s actual tragic REALITY of life.

But you have raised my consciousness in a way.

I’ve been reading ‘On A Pale Horse’ lately, by Piers Anthony, part of the Incarnations of Immortality series. This one tells the story of Zane, who kills and, through killing becomes, Death Incarnate. I’ve always appreciated Piers Anthony’s unique perspective in things.

Yeah there’s a lot of that. If you want to live downtown, then you need to pay at least 1200 for a good 1 bedroom apartment, and it needs to be on or near the university. Otherwise, you’re best bet is to move to Shelby county and live over the mountain.

not under the mountain? Wouldnt it be hard to live over a mountain? all those jagged peaks and steep cliffs. seems like it would be hard to build a house around all that.

Nah man, it’s a term used to describe the places where all the people with money moved to when the city center became hostile toward capital. All the rich people just moved 4 miles down the highway and built better shit and there are tons of police, and almost no crime so the place is super clean and you can leave your watch in your unlocked car at night and no one will steal it because most of the poor ignorant people around the city don’t even know these neighborhoods exist.

until crime catches up because of that.

Wait… nevermind. that was stupid of me to post. cant have crime catch up to where it already is. It just left behind what wasnt crime and left behind all those who deserved better.