The Officious Sciency News Head Quarters Information Thread

My repository of links, on science news, because I’m the top science oriented person on this site. I will also include pics of hot babes to encourage the men and some of the women to read this thread regularly. Some will be doing sciency things, to encourage women to get into science, while others clearly will not be doing anything remotely linked to science at all, merely cause they look hot.

Metal Hydrogen Discovered

bbc.com/news/science-environment-38768683

Fish Communicate Through Urine

sciencemag.org/news/2017/01/ … heir-urine

Might explain why goldfish have such short memories, their stagnant piss bowls that they are trapped in might retain longer term information.

Origins of Tomatoes discovered near the South America & Antartic Rift 50 million Years Ag

sciencemag.org/news/2017/01/ … antarctica

:laughing:

Just wait James, just wait, till this thread becomes the largest on site, and everyone calls me Mr. Science, and all the women start doing hard math to attract men around here. You just wait and see.

Good thing there is a spell check…
… so you can at least spell “Science”.

Math and science are not things that you can fake your way through on this site (with me around). But you go ahead and do your copy-n-paste of articles thing. Try to sound brilliant. That would be a lot better than your usual “science” postings.

First off, everything you’ve posted that I have seen (99% of your posts I never see, I’m honestly stumped in regards to where you post) is mostly easily dismissed bullshit, I’ve pointed this out several times in the past. I use basic pyrrhonic skepticism, my arguments for dismissal are easy to trace and current in both ancient and modern skeptical outlooks, in regards to scientific claims.

And Sciency is a term. Officious was taken from a movie. If your unaware of the origins of such things, or unwilling to look it up, sucks to be you.

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/sciency

Now we’re talking about Science here, not your jealously in being so easily eclipsed. Either Lead, Follow, Or Get Out Of The Way!

Please Tab any t&a/bikini images, as is protocol on the unhidden boards.

As I’ve said in the past, I don’t know how to tab, and secondly, it us stated in the Op what us coming. You opt out on the thread there, in the thread it is meant to be seen, as part of the syllogism.

Image to Text, conditioned response. That’s the method used here. Clearly explained in the OP. Even if I could Tab, I wouldn’t, as it would defeat the purpose of the thread.

There was a British study just released that showed that girls at age 6 start to devalue women and their capabilities, thinking they aren’t smart enough, whereas boys continue on thinking they are smart.

It’s because of attitudes like you. I’m not a Puritan, I’m Catholic, and we put heavy stock in both intelligence and beauty, and are not afraid of sexuality. If women got from a early age you can be pretty and smart, we would have many more bikini clad scientists. That be a good thing.

google.com/amp/s/www.theatl … le/514340/

Society will never know progress until we tear down the walls people like you have erected. Science is sexy Magsj, quit living in the stone age. If you see a image, it is cause your meant to see it. Anyone is free to opt out of a thread.

Quite trolling my posts without my permission, you can post you dissent, but don’t change my posts themselves.

That bit disqualifies you to make this judgement:

Any idiot can dismiss anything as BS, most easily when he doesn’t even read up on it.

And that clearly signifies you, by your own admission.

If you can use img, font colour, quote, etc. then you can also use tab… same principle.

Top science oriented person” … but can’t figure out how to use the tabs. :laughing:

You can’t even fake out the mods, with your Oliver North routine (“I just can’t recall”). #-o

My cause is just, science will prevail.

People living in more primitive societies sleep less than people in technologically intensive societies.

sciencenews.org/article/sno … tion-sleep

…because primitive societies aren’t surrounded by energy-suppressing toxins.

I doubt that’s the reason, Madagascar is heavily flooded by fertilizers, South Korea has the island contracted out to supply food to them.

Think the onus lays on family relations, being clustered as a group, everyone waking everyone, plus the heat midday encouraging sleeping.

In pre-electric America, we had mostly a subtropical climate, with separation of sleeping quarters from living quarters, with set meal times and together time, contra working the fields or hunting time.

I wonder how Madagascar and South Korea are faring? not the same as pre-fertiliser and imported food era I bet.

I don’t doubt that modern living and responsibilities play a part in modern malaise, but so does a toxic world.

South Korea well, but Magagascar is slow on training rural people in modern, non-organic food cultivation techniques, most societies with a tropical climate do this with some success. Most people in Madegascar in rural areas rely on dangerous organic foods, which aren’t drought resistant, prone to disease, and are of low nutritional value. If they had some modern plants, high in protein, it be much better for them.

You have to realize, merely turning a island into a plantation doesn’t make a population think in such a outlook- they are paid to do as they are told, in a monoculture, with no incentives to adapt practices for their own use. I’m hardly opposed to them selling cash crops to South Korea, but they need a administration aggressive in bleeding off this know how, in spreading the idea of farming, but for local consumption as well. We had a long history if this innAmerica, can trace it back to medieval thinkers like Francis Bacon’s theory of plantations (a work on Oeconomics) and Thomas Jefferson’s aggressive importation of seeds and farming knowledge.

As of right now, Madagascar is surrounded by the sea, can grow a variety if protein rich foods like yellow corn (literally a jingle plant), but choose instead to hunt lemurs to extinction.

All you gotta do is show them how to plant the right foods, increase the penetrative reach of dried or salted fish, etc… would do them a world of good.

sci-news.com/astronomy/gravi … 04568.html

New measurements collapse the Hubble Constant, physics as we know it is over. Chaos, chaos, chaos…