The Tree of Life Exploded

Could you quote these ?

Mildness applies in the sense of refinement. Kether, Daath, Tipharet, Yesod and Malkuth are all refined balances.
The ejaculation of force into form is not itself enough to account for the middle pillar to come into being, there is a 9 month period of pregnancy in humans, the refinement of the force-form dynamic into a living process.
The left and right pillars can be seen as the father and mother, whose drive is to unite in a single truth, a monad.

I think you’ll be able to benefit from watching the Chesed video. I explain how this “Mercy” is apparently not such a perfect translation, given the reaction of a Jewish kid, and then go on to explain how violent this sphere really is.

Thought itself requires multiplicity, and the Tree is a means to attain monadic consciousness through the full explication and satisfaction of the greatest thinkable multiplicity. It can be seen as a pure challenge for the integrating mind - not two, but ten contradicting statements to be unified into one single mindstate - which naturally would be extremely powerful in its outward effect, but also perfectly refined.

The world itself - The Dionysian as blood within the Apollonian body.
Ultimately there is only marble and sculptor, or in kabbalistic terms, path and walker.

I would be more interested in learning the historical context of this system, how it came about and why, before I would actually consider it seriously in itself. That’s just me. There are many ways of looking at things and the surrounding historical environment is one of them. I do believe that most things that come about have a function or come out of perceived necessity. To know more about it would mean to learn more about its historical/cultural background. And that, too, would take a lot of time and study.

Jacob … about some more thoughts on your video about Chesed … stemming from your comment … paraphrasing … " suppose there was a group. of people … liberal minded … egalitarian … who encountered an individual who held wildly different views/beliefs"

For me … a micro example of the history/evolution of humanity.

Group Think.png

Back to your hypothetical scenario … how is the contradiction resolved?

History suggests … most often with conflict, hostility, violence, mutation(figurative not literal), death. All very Darwinian … a materialistic view of life on this planet.

As your videos on Kabbalah indicate … the fathers of Kabbalah, Daoism, Buddhism, Shamanism and so on and so on thought otherwise.This small community of courageous and curious giants in the history of mankind ventured deeper into the void … the unknown … attempting to extract rational and logical knowledge that lays deep within the shadows of the void.

We are fortunate to have the privilege of standing on their shoulders … yet … we must not shirk our responsibility to advance their search and/or propagate their findings among the current generations of peoples on the planet.

Coming to understand their ‘understanding’ is only the first step … yes? … no?

Back to my cartoon … the open minded individual will ‘see’ the macro symbolism in the cartoon. For example … the four or five people in the box symbolize a yuge and well entrenched ideological collective … note the old man among children. The young boy outside the box symbolizes a younger and not so large collective … with no boundaries … no box to contain it.

Your comments about Trump triggered a memory … Tolstoy’s thoughts embedded in his novel “War and Peace”. I am posting them here … they seem so relevant.

Finally, your words … “for the first time in history” … while you were referring to the US Presidential election … for me your words apply to the current moment for mankind. Today there are several “firsts” for mankind … no more language barrier(s), logarithmic culture travel, speed of communication.

[b]

[/b]

I appreciate this feminine take on the Tree - I say feminine as it is entirely Earthly, and the tree becomes relatively more feminine as the Sephirot prorgess downward. Malkuth, Sovereignty, is the pure feminine.
In any case, I dont have the answer. The studying of sources that Ive been able to do has been a confusing affair that points different possibilities.
(1) it emerged deep in the eastern regions of Jewish mysticism in the northern Balkans anytime in the dark ages, where my fathers family is from, a line I suspect mixed with a lot of strange nordic blood that harbored “magicians” of weird physiological acts, one of whom reportedly attempted a golem. In any case, that could be true, that some shaman type genius came up with it.
(2) It was designed by the same people that engineered the older, Orion oriented pyramids of Egypt
(3) It emerged in the Hellenic culture of Alexandria in a revival of old Egyptian severity and love of form
(4) It is the Ark of the Covenant
(5) The Archangel Metatrons former incarnation Hermes Trismegistes came up with it…

and we might speculate further.
From a sociological and ethnological perspective I would opt for Northeastern Europe or Alexandria. From a kabbalists perspective it could be anything, it just makes too much inherent sense to clearly suggest ethnographic limits. In this sense it wouldn’t surprise me if it was carried from Egypt in the ancient days.

I am curious myself. Not by any kind of wisdom alone - it is the sanctimony that needs to be tested, and this is conveniently imminent given the near absolute sanctimoniousness of mankind in his current form.
I do know what the principle is by which it unfolds - the quest for the strongest value.
After nihilism, man heats up again, becomes from goo a soup, a new primordial brew where his near dead soul is disintegrated and from its parts, new soulforms can emerge. A soulform is a Chesed -
the spirit is the sounds certainty of purpose, of direction, the certainty in his soul of his highest value. “God” is what most term this value - “happiness” is also an aim of many, silly ones, as happiness is the path to “God”, its not an aim. And happiness, as we all know if we are honestly looking back, involves a lot of pain. Nietzsche: Happiness is overcoming. God is the object of the will that becoimes indifferent to its own suffering, and compassionate outward. Compassion is an act of abundance, it is the act of abundance.
This is Chesed in the ideal form, or as Nietzsche touches it, it would be part of the Bestowing Virtue. But the entire pillar of Force is such virtue.
We might say the pillar of Mercy is Athens and that of Severity Sparta, and the pillar of mildness or equilibrium or consciousness (re: Sauwelios) is the unfathomable period of time that these states were competitors and allies against great evils - the middle pillar is Dionysus, as Nietzsche wopuld have it. In yoga this is reflected in the painful bliss of the rising Kundalini.

Courage is central here. All passive philosophy takes one thing for granted: effort. “There simply is force, and it just happens to form this world.” The purest of armchair-philosophies - the refusal or inability of to identify oneself and ones human drives as the only template to read the nature of the world itself - the idea that one can read the world without suffering it and being transformed by it.

One must consciously transmit consciousness from stage to stage, type to type, degree to degree and back again in order to know what it means to know something, to forget something, to retrieve it in a different form from the cauldron. When Pisces turns to Aries, we remember, it feels like things are more and better the same than theyve ever been - or they feel like a faint memory of what was once real, depending on how deep we are involved in our psyche.

Perhaps, but there are many steps involved in it, and it can, I would go so far as to say, not be reached without accomplishing a great deal of earthly and human feats. It is only experience that moves one up and down the tree - each path is called a path of subjective experience, where two different states of consciousness are bridged, by a bridge that is built by ones own psychic/physiological resources, “heart”, “imagination”, “will”, “courage”, “substance”, “soul”, “merit”, virtue", “nature”.

Except his love for the people in the box.
But yes. The picture reminded me of the Chinese sign of the Dragon.

Napoleon might agree in this case: he said he felt driven by inexorable necessity, that once it would fall away, would leave him like a leaf in the wind.
The vikings call this necessity rlog, which in Dutch is the name for War.

Still, it is my own view that without individuals and their quests , there is no whole.

Kether is the individual. Malkuth is his kingdom, his accomplishment, and in the broader sense, the entire world of all individual efforts, and the chemistries between them.
The One God is only the boundless void, which necessitates being but doesnt prescribe what.
the rest is war, fire, will, until it finally reaches a state of peace in Earth, woman, home, land, realm, lore, myth, gods, ritual, feast, eternity. Or the heart-filling conviction that one has, through ones good efforts, ended up in heaven, and the discovery that the effort one has been making to get to this point is the very same substance of which the world is made, and will always be made - then one is born in heaven, and driven only to produce increase of life and value on the Earth, which is itself this effort, of which one is from then on an inextricable part, which translates into a never ceasing gratitude and pride, and willingness to go all the way for what ever has, after all the travails remained intact; that one conviction that formed ones realm, ones worth - and that will become the Name, which is the mirror of eternity.

Lots of overlap in our thinking … encouraging :slight_smile:

Your words that stood head and shoulders above the crowd this morning:

[b]

[/b]

Your above comment requires that individuals give priority to their personal experiences … the trivial experiences are often the most important … in their daily lives. How many people engage in this type of activity? IMO few … very few. Maintaining a diary doesn’t cut it. “The unexamined life is not worth living” … Socrates.

How much has been written … spoken … that traces it’s roots to Socrates/Plato? The intrinsic value of personal experience seems to be such a tiny fraction of this yuge body of text. Armchair philosophers indeed!

1. [b]

[/b]

I agree and hope the ‘love’ you speak of will become contagious and spread like fire. :slight_smile:

I don’t want to digress from the theme of this thread but I saw this photo today and thought it was an appropriate addition.

Tree of Life 8-[

This tree crosses the abyss, has requirement of all its resources to do so, and is weighed down by all its mass in contradiction of that effort -
but then, it doesnt move from one side to the other, it simply dwells on the threshold.

How exactly this predicament occurred, I wonder… where did the seed take root? Im looking for signs of the Earth having split underneath it. Which is what an encounter with Daath can be like.

I love this picture … it speaks volumes and volumes … and volumes.

Fixed Cross … you introduced the terms “abyss” … “contradiction” … “Da’at”. Unfamiliar language for me yet a cursory Google tour quickly brought your words into perspective.

The picture reminds me of St Augustine’s book … the “City of God” … where he argues that humanity is on a pilgrimage from the City of Man to the City of God … crossing the abyss/chasm that separates the two cities is impossible if resources are limited to human capabilities.

[b]

[/b]

Agreed … yet the photo suggests at some point remnants of the rather large tree will be all that remains on both sides of the abyss.
[b]

[/b]

If one accepts the photo as a symbolic rendition of the history of humanity … and the planet … lots of empirical evidence points to an answer … “points”.

[b]

[/b]

Delighted to learn the above words relate to Jacob’s OP … maybe I have encountered “Daath” many times without recognizing him/her/it.

Aleister Crowley described the Abyss as follows:

[b]

[/b]

Thank you very much.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUTaALDSezY[/youtube]

[b]

[/b]

For some strange reason these words jumped out at me as I was scanning through page 2 of your OP … your May 25th post … before I learned that your latest video is on the topic of Geburah.

I listened to your video … yet … somehow most of my intellectual energy, including intuition, was trying to figure out why I found the 2 words “Geburah knocks” so exciting.

The words “insightful” and “prophetic” popped into my mind.

Geburah as ‘judgement’ seemed to resonate strongly.

While you spent a little time talking about America/Trump … more about Germany/Europe … what are your thoughts on the larger human family … humanity?

Perhaps we live in a period of powerful “Geburah” … translates to a weak period of Chesed … right?

What will “judgement” look like?

IMO “judgement” will not be uttered through the mouth of a ‘pope’ … ‘dali lama’ … patriarch … political leader etc.

Judgement will be an “event” … the message carried by the “event” will be understood by a very large chunk of humanity because this same large chunk of humanity will personally witness the “event” . As you mentioned true strength is in the individual.

I’m tickled by the parallels of “Geburah” and the story of Fatima … 1917 … 100 years ago. The Fatima “event” on October 13th 1917 was apparently witnessed by around 70,000 people … obviously a crowd far too small to exert any influence on humanity. Perhaps another “event” is on the near term horizon that will be witnessed personally by a much much larger crowd.

I can ALSO see it as more a beautiful symbol of Life. It just utterly refuses to give up the things which it is attached to. As long as it can withstand its environment, it will remain.

I wonder if there was an explanation which went along with the image. I would be interested in knowing its physical reality, its upheavel. It has the courage to be as Paul Tillich spoke about - to keep on being.

Geburah Knocks… Ha, yes. But this is precisely the message of this video.

Several people who are loyal viewers have told me they preferred the old ones, and asked me why it was so much about Germany and painted a bleak picture. But that is what Geburah is. It gives the message we aren’t happy to hear, but we do need to consider.

Trumps victory has already caused a paradigm shift, and it was a Geburic event, cleaning away the excesses of unchecked Chesed, as I allude to in the video.

Germanys victory is also a Geburic action, but since I am European, and literally everyone I know there is continuously completely rattled by the events of the past two decades, for me the weight of this message on Germany is the greatest. It is the most important message right now, as pertains to a global order. As I see it.

I think the west, since WWII, has been excessively Chesedic, and we will more and more be experiencing Geburahs severe hand the coming decades. For people who can’t help but be honest, this will be an intense relief. For those that try to see the positive in even the most dreadful hells that other people go through, it will probably feel like the end of the world.

Interesting comments about Judgment.
In the Tree, Judgment is also a path between two Sephirot, namely, Hod (Intellect) and Maluth (The Kingdom). I will get there, eventually.
But as for the judgment that Geburah represents, and it absolutely does represent a judgment, this will not come in the forum of authorities, but in te form of many similar events, trends, just a turnaround of the way things are being concluded.

Idealism is dead, for the coming time. Idealism is the buildup of a Chesedic sphere. What we are heading into now is the breakdown of it to its most bare necessities. The natural disasters are typical Geburic events, throwing people back in bare necessities and forcing them to appreciate what they have.

Weve seen three quarters of a century of increasingly irrational Chesedism, resulting in the near election of the true Antichrist, the pedophile queen of genocide. She could rise to the near top because people wanted to believe her feel-good (Chesed) stories and avoid the somewhat challenging truth about themselves and their values (Geburah).

I do. The most powerful metaphors and images of mystery, of man before the threshold, of indeed screens or veils, symbols that draw our fascination but allow us to relent before the abyss - I think this is largely the purpose they serve, these symbols, ironically - to prevent is from (carelessly) crossing over. They leave us content with fascination, wondering what lies beyond, without prematurely plunging forward. It is said that to cross the abyss prematurely simply cause one to fall in, and lose ones individuality.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4z5PESmRo8[/youtube]

I had to undo my sobriety a bit for this one.
Or no wait, I did this to get a bit less sober.

For those of you who want to take the leap and try path working, here is an invaluable, and very rare document that I found on the pragmatic protocol.
In literature, this is extremely hard to acquire.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW7Ewp4QJ7w[/youtube]

Has anyone tried these meditations, or studied this subject in the meantime?

Its pretty rare to find people to discuss this with.

So what are all of these sefirots positioned along our axis at the center of our superstructure? How does magic twinkle above the crown and send radio signals to echo through the cascades of mist blanketing our grid we manipulate through the extradimensional sorcery of chakra activation? To tap into such energies could make 1 rattle with the psychic gifts and penetration that such powers would inflict.

Im glad youve taken an interest, merciful brilliant one.
I will here paste some of the most valuable materials on the net, just in case Lodge Phoenix ever goes offline.
I just found out they are in my beloved Savannah Georgia!!
Here, first, the ten Sephirot (ot is plural for words ending in a), upward from Malkuth, the kingdom.
One will have to forgive the mess, it is just a backup for security.

Malkuth
Kingdom
The Tenth Path is called the Resplendent Intelligence because it is exalted above every head and sits upon the Throne of Binah. It illuminates the splendors of all the Lights, and causes an influence to emanate from the Prince of Countenances, the Angel of Kether.
World Color Divine Aspect Tarot Card
Atziluth Yellow Adonai ha-Aretz. Adonai Malekh Ten of Wands: Oppression
Briah
Citrine, olive, russet, and black
Sandalphon (“Co-brother”) Ten of Cups: Perfected success
Yetzirah
Citrine, olive, russet, and black flecked gold
Ashim
(“Souls of Fire”) Ten of Swords: Ruin
Assiah Black, rayed yellow Cholem Yesodoth, Sphere of the Elements Ten of Pentacles: Wealth
Titles: The Gate, The Gate of Death, The Gate of the Shadow of Death, The Gate of Tears, The Gate of Justice, The Gate of Prayer, The Gate of the Garden of Eden, The Gate of the Daughter of the Mighty Ones, The Inferior Mother, Malkah, the Queen; Kallah, the Bride; The Virgin
Symbols: Altar of the Double Cube, The Equal-armed Cross, The Magic Circle, The Triangle of Art
Body: The feet, The anus
Virtue: Discrimination Vice: Avarice, Inertia
Spiritual Experience: Vision of the Holy Guardian Angel
Magical Image: A young woman, crowned and enthroned
Gods: Nephthys, Isis, Demeter, Pan, Ceres, Nerthus, Cernunnos, Ceridwen, Aditi, Ninlil, Nintu, Ninhursag, Cihuacoatl, P’an Chu, Sobek

Yesod
Foundation
The Ninth Path is called the Pure Intelligence because it purifies the Emanations. It proves and corrects the designing of their representations, and disposes the unity with which they are designed without diminution or division.
Atziluth Indigo Shaddai El Chai (“The Almighty Living One”) Nine of Wands: Great strength
Briah Violet Gabriel (“Strength of God”) Nine of Cups: Material happiness
Yetzirah Very dark purple Kerubim (“The Strong”) Nine of Swords: Despair and cruelty
Assiah Citrine, fleckedazure Levanah (“The Lunar Flame”), The Moon Nine of Pentacles: Material gain
Titles: Treasurehouse of Images
Symbols: The Perfumes, The Sandals
Body: Reproductive organs
Virtue: Independence Vice: Idleness
Spiritual Experience: Vision of the Machinery of the Universe
Magical Image: A beautiful naked man, very strong
Gods: Isis, Thoth, Osiris, Artemis, Hecate, Hades, Diana, Pluto, Gefyion, Njord, Arianhrod, Llyr, Hanannan, Soma, Mitra, Varuna, Sin, Ea, Tiamat, Nanahoatl, Tlaloc, Heng-O,Yi-Chiang

Hod
Glory, Reverberation
The Eighth Path is called the Absolute or Perfect Intelligence because it is the mean of the Primordial, which has no root by which it can cleave or rest, save in the hidden places of Gedulah, from which emanates its proper essence.
Atziluth Violet purple Elohim Tzabaoth (“The Lord of Hosts”) Eight of Wands: Swiftness
Briah Orange Michael (“Like unto God”) Eight of Cups: Abandoned success
Yetzirah Russet red Beni Elohim (“Sons of God”) Eight of Swords: Shortened force
Assiah Yellowish brown, flecked gold Kokab (“The Stellar Light”), Mercury Eight of Pentacles: Prudence
Titles: –
Symbols: Names, Versicles, Apron
Body: Loins and legs
Virtue: Truthfulness Vice: Falsehood, Dishonesty
Spiritual Experience: Vision of Splendour
Magical Image: A hermaphrodite
Gods: Thoth, Anubis, Hermes, Hermanubis, Athena, Minerva, Mercury, Heimdall, Odin, Gwion, Garuda, Tvashiri, Nabu, El, Quetzacoatl, Nanualpili, Yi

Netzach
Victory
The Seventh Path is called the Occult Intelligence because it is the refulgent splendor of the intellectual virtues which are perceived by the eyes of the intellect and the contemplations of faith.
Atziluth Amber Jehovah Tzabaoth (“The Lord of Hosts”) Seven of Wands: Valour
Briah Emerald Haniel (“Grace of God”) Seven of Cups: Illusory success
Yetzirah Bright yellowish green Elohim (“Gods”) Seven of Swords: Unstable effort
Assiah Olive, flecked gold Nogah (“Glittering Splendour”), Venus Seven of Pentacles: Success unfulfilled
Titles: Firmness
Symbols: The Lamp, The Girdle, The Rose
Body: Loins, hips, and legs
Virtue: Unselfishness Vice: Unchastity, Lust
Spiritual Experience: Vision of Beauty Triumphant
Magical Image: A beautiful naked woman
Gods: Hathor, Aphrodite, Pan, Venus, Idun, Freja, Rhinnanon, Oengus, Kama, Krishna, Tanith, Ishtar, Ninsig, Tlazolteutl, Hsi Wang Mu

Tiphareth
Beauty
The Sixth Path is called the Mediating Intelligence, because in it are multiplied the influxes of the Emanations; for it causes that influence to flow into all the reservoirs of the blessings with which they themselves are united.
Atziluth Clear pink rose Jehovah Eloah ve-Daath Six of Wands: Victory
Briah Golden yellow Raphael (“Healer of God”) Six of Cups: Joy
Yetzirah Rich salmon Malachim (“Kings”) Six of Swords: Earned success
Assiah Golden amber Shemesh (“Solar Light”), The Sun Six of Pentacles: Material success
Titles: Zoar Anpin, the Lesser Countenance; Melekh, the King; Adam, The Son, The Man
Symbols: The Lamen, The Rosy Cross, The Calvary Cross, The Truncated Pyramid, The Cube
Body: The breast
Virtue: Devotion to the Great Work Vice: Pride
Spiritual Experience: Vision of Harmony, Vision of the Mysteries of Crucifixion,
Knowledge and Conversation of Holy Guardian Angel (on a higher arc)
Magical Image: 1) A majestic king. 2) A child. 3) A sacrificed god
Gods: Osiris, Ra, Yeheshuah, Mithras, Dionysos, Apollo, Bacchus, Helios, Balder, Frej, Bran, Luch, Anat, Shamash, Marduk, Ninagal, Xipetotec, Huitzilopochtli, Surya, the Avatars of Vishnu, Fu Hsi

Geburah
Strength,
Severity
The Fifth Path is called the Radical Intelligence because it resembles Unity, uniting itself to Binah, Understanding, which emanates from the primordial depths of Chokmah, Wisdom.
Atziluth Orange Elohim Gibor Five of Wands: Strife
Briah Scarlet Khamael (“Severity of God”) Five of Cups: Loss in pleasure
Yetzirah Bright scarlet Seraphim (“Fiery Serpents”) Five of Swords: Defeat
Assiah Red, flecked black Madim (“Vehement Strength”), Mars Five of Pentacles: Earthly trouble
Titles: Din, Justice; Pachad, Fear
Symbols: The Pentagon, The Five-petalled Tudor Rose, The Sword, The Spear, The Scourge, The Chain
Body: The right arm
Virtue: Energy, Courage Vice: Cruelty, Destruction
Spiritual Experience: Vision of Power
Magical Image: A mighty warrior in his chariot
Gods: Horus, Sekhmet, Ares, Mars, Tor, Bran, Skanda, Kali, Shiva, Nergal, Anat, Teshup, Sharma, Gukomatz Chiyou

Chesed
Mercy
The Fourth Path is called the Cohesive or Receptive Intelligence because it contains all the Holy Powers, and from it emanate all the spiritual virtues with the most exalted essences. They emanate one from another by virtue of the Primordial Emanation, the Highest Crown, Kether.
Atziluth Deep violet El Four of Wands: Perfected work
Briah Blue Tzadkiel (“Righteousness of God”) Four of Cups: Pleasure
Yetzirah Deep purple Chasmalim (“The Shining Ones”) Four of Swords: Rest from strife
Assiah Deep azure, flecked yellow Tzedek (“Righteousness”), Jupiter Four of Pentacles: Earthly power
Titles: Gedulah, Love, Majesty
Symbols: The solid figure, Tetrahedron, Pyramid, Equal-armed Cross, Orb, Wand, Sceptre, Crook
Body: The left arm
Virtue: Obedience Vice: Bigotry, Hypocrisy, Gluttony, Tyranny
Spiritual Experience: Vision of Love
Magical Image: A mighty crowned and throned king
Gods: Osiris, Zeus. Jupiter, Odin, Dagda, Inner Plane Adepti

Daath
Knowledge
(No Yetziratic text)
World Color Divine Aspect
Atziluth Lavender Jehovah Elohim
Briah Silvery grey Uriel, Raphael, Michael, and Gabriel
Yetzirah Pure violet Winged Serpents
Assiah Grey, flecked gold Sirius, the Dog Star; Pluto
Titles: The Invisible Sephirah, The Hidden or Unrevealed Cosmic Mind, The Mystical Sephirah, The Upper Room, Sphere of the Greater Masters
Symbols: The Condemned Cell, The Prism, The Empty Room, The Sacred Mountain, A Grain of Corn, The complete absence of symbol
Body: The throat, the Vissudhu chakra
Virtue: Detachment, Perfection of Justice, Confidence in the future Vice: Doubt of the future, Apathy, Inertia, Pride, Cowardice
Spiritual Experience: Vision across the Abyss
Magical Image: A head with two faces, looking both ways
Gods: Anubis, Thoth, Isis, The 42 Assessors, Hermes, Perseus

Binah
Understanding
The Third Intelligence is called the Sanctifying Intelligence, the Foundation of Primordial Wisdom; it is also called the Creator of Faith, and its roots are in Amen. It is the parent of faith, whence faith emanates.
Atziluth Crimson Elohim,
Jehovah Elohim Three of Wands: Established strength
Briah Black Tzaphkiel (“Contemplation of God”) Three of Cups: Abundance
Yetzirah Dark brown Aralim (“Thrones”) Three of Swords: Sorrow
Assiah Grey, flecked pink Shabbathai (“Rest”), Saturn Three of Pentacles: Material works
Titles: Ama, the dark sterile Mother; Aima, the bright fertile Mother; Khorsia, the Throne; Marah, the Great Sea
Symbols: The Yoni, The Kteis, The Vesica Piscis, The Cup or Chalice, The Outer Robe of Concealment
Body: The right side of the face
Virtue: Silence Vice: Avarice
Spiritual Experience: Vision of Sorrow
Magical Image: A mature woman, A matron
Gods: Isis, The Heavenly Isis, Nephthys, the Great Mother, Nuit, Hera, Juno, Frigga, Dana, Demeter, Mahashakti, Lakshmi, Mami, Coatlicue, Nu-koa

Chokmah
Wisdom
The Second Path is called the Illuminating Intelligence. It is the Crown of Creation, the Splendor of Unity, equaling it. It is exalted above every head, and is named by Qabalists the Second Glory.
Atziluth Pure soft blue Jah / Jehovah Two of Wands: Dominion
Briah Grey Ratziel (“Secret of God”) Two of Cups: Love
Yetzirah Blue pearl grey (mother of pearl) Auphanim (“Wheels”) Two of Swords: Peace restored
Assiah White, fleckedred,blue,andyellow Mazloth, the sphere of the Zodiac, Uranus Two of Pentacles: Harmonious change
Titles: Power of Yetzirah, Ab, Abba, The Supernal Father, Tetragrammaton, Yod of Tetragrammaton
Symbols: The Lingam, The Phallus, The Yod of Tetragrammaton, The Inner Robe of Glory, The Standing-stone, The Tower, The Uplifted Rod of Power, The Straight Line
Body: The left side of the face
Virtue: Devotion Vice: None
Spiritual Experience: The Vision of God face to face
Magical Image: A bearded male figure
Gods: Atum, Zeus, Jupiter, Odin, Dagda, Indra, Vishnu, Baal, Enlil, An, Viracocha, Ometequntu, Huang-ti, Athena

Kether
The Crown
The First Path is called the Admirable or Hidden Intelligence because it is the Light giving the power of comprehension of the First Principle, which hath no beginning. And it is the Primal Glory because no created being can attain to its essence.
Atziluth Brilliance Eheieh The Ace of Wands: Root of the Powers of Fire
Briah White brilliance Metatron
(meaning unknown) The Ace of Cups: Root of the Powers of Water
Yetzirah White brilliance Chaioth ha-Qadesh (“Holy Living Creatures”) The Ace of Swords: Root of the Powers of Air
Assiah White, flecked gold Rashith ha-Gilgalim, Primum Mobile, Neptune The Ace of Pentacles: Root of the Powers of Earth
Titles: Existence of Existences, The Concealed of the Concealed, The Ancient of the Ancient Ones, The Most Holy Ancient One, The Ancient of Days, The Ancient One. The Primordial Point, The Point within the Circle, The Most High, The Vast Countenance, The White Head, The Head which is not, Macroprosopos, Amen, Lux Occulta, Lux Interna, HEH, The Smooth Point, The Inscrutable Height
Symbols: The Point, The Point on the Yod, The Crown, The Swastika
Body: Cranium, Sah, Yechidah, Divine Spark, 1000-petalled Lotus
Virtue: Attainment, Completion of the Great Work Vice: None
Spiritual Experience: Union with God
Magical Image: An ancient bearded king seen in profile
Gods: Atum, Ra, Ptah, Zeus, Brahma

And back to Earth in 22 steps:

Aleph
Ox
The Eleventh Path is the Scintillating Intelligence because it is the essence of that curtain which is placed close to the order of the disposition, and this is a special dignity given to it that it may be able to stand before the Face of the Cause of Causes.

Key 0
The Fool
Spirit of Aether
World Color
Atziluth Bright pale yellow
Briah Sky blue
Yetzirah Blue emerald
Assiah Emerald flecked gold
Direction: Above-Below Astrological: Air, Uranus
Value: 1
Pitch:
E natural
Consciousness: Super-
consciousness
Tools:
Dagger, Fan
Sense: –
Animal:
Eagle
Function: Breath
Scents:
Galbanum
Meditation: Freedom from limitations, depression
Gods: Shu, Uranus, Mithra, Nu, Zeus

Beth
House
The Twelfth Path is the Intelligence of Transparency because it is that species of Magnificence called Chazchazit, the place whence issues the vision of those seeing in apparition.

Key 1
The Magician
Magus of Power
World Color
Atziluth Yellow
Briah Purple
Yetzirah Grey
Assiah Indigo, flecked violet
Direction: Above Astrological: Mercury
Value: 2
Pitch:
E natural
Consciousness: Attention,
Self-consciousness
Tools:
Wand, Caduceus
Animal:
Ibis, Ape
Function: Life / Death
Scents:
Mastic, Storax
Meditation: To develop concentration and discrimination
Gods: Mercury, Hermes, Thoth, Hermanubis

Gimel
Camel
The Thirteenth Path is named the Uniting Intelligence, and is so called because it is itself the Essence of Glory; it is the Consummation of Truth of individual spiritual things.

Key 2
The High Priestess
Priestess of the Silver Star
World Color
Atziluth Blue
Briah Silver
Yetzirah Cold pale blue
Assiah Silver, rayedsky blue
Direction: Below Astrological: The Moon
Value: 3 Pitch: G sharp / A flat
Consciousness: Memory, Sub-
consciousness
Tools:
Bow & Arrow
Animal:
Dog
Function: Peace / Strife
Scents:
Camphor, Aloes
Meditation: To develop Far Memory
Gods: Isis, The Virgin Mary, Anubis, Diana, Maia, Artemis, Hecate

Daleth
Door
The Fourteenth Path is the Luminous Intelligence and is so called because it is that Chasmal which is the founder of the concealed and fundamental ideas of holiness and of their stages of preparation.

Key 3
The Empress
Daughter of the Mighty Ones
World Color
Atziluth Emerald green
Briah Sky blue
Yetzirah Early spring green
Assiah Bright rose or cerise,
rayed pale green
Direction: East Astrological: Venus
Value: 4
Pitch:
F sharp / G flat
Consciousness: Imagination
Tools:
Girdle, Cord
Animal:
Dove, Swan
Function: Wisdom / Folly
Scents:
Sandalwood
Meditation: To develop creativity and imagination
Gods: Isis of Nature, Venus, Hathor, Aphrodite

Heh
Window
The Fifteenth Path is the Constituting Intelligence, so called because it constitutes the substance of creation in pure darkness, and men have spoken of the contemplations; it is that darkness spoken of in Scripture, Job XXXVIII. 9. ‘and thick darkness a swaddling band for it.’

Key 4
The Emperor
Son of the Morning
Chief among the Mighty
World Color
Atziluth Scarlet
Briah Red
Yetzirah Brilliant flame
Assiah Glowing red
Direction: North-East Astrological: Aries, the Ram
Value: 5
Pitch:
C natural
Consciousness: Reason
Tools:
Burin
Sense: Sight
Animal:
Ram
Function: –
Scents:
Dragon’s Blood
Meditation: To improve sight or reason; for courage
Gods: Mars, Warrior Gods, Lucifer, Athena

Vav
Nail, Hook
The Sixteenth Path is the Triumphal or Eternal Intelligence, so called because it is the pleasure of the Glory, beyond which is no other Glory like to it, and it is called also the Paradise prepared for the Righteous.

Key 5
The Hierophant
Magus of the Eternal
World Color
Atziluth Red orange
Briah Deep indigo
Yetzirah Deep warm olive
Assiah Rich brown
Direction: South-East Astrological: Taurus, the Bull
Value: 6 Pitch: C sharp, D flat
Consciousness: Intuition,
Revelation
Tools:
Preparations
Sense: Hearing
Animal:
Bull
Scents:
Storax
Meditation: To improve intuition, contact with Inner Plane Teachers
Gods: The Grail figures, the Messenger Gods, the Winged Bull, Osiris

Zain
Sword
The Seventeenth Path is the Disposing Intelligence which provides Faith to the Righteous, and they are clothed with the Holy Spirit by it, and it is called the Foundation of Excellence in the state of higher things.

Key 6
The Lovers
Children of the Voice
Oracle of the Mighty Gods
World Color
Atziluth Orange
Briah Pale mauve
Yetzirah New yellow leather
Assiah Reddish grey inclined to mauve
Direction: East-Above Astrological: Gemini, the Twins
Value: 7
Pitch:
D natural
Consciousness: Discrimination
Tools:
Tripod
Sense: Smell
Animal:
Magpie
Scents:
Wormwood
Meditation: To release from negative mental and emotional patterns
Gods: Castor & Pollux, Eros, Raphael, Apollo

Cheth
Fence, Enclosure
The Eighteenth Path is called the Intelligence of the House of Influence (by the greatness of whose abundance the influx of good things upon created beings is increased) and from its midst the arcana and hidden senses are drawn forth, which dwell in its shade and which cling to it from the Cause of all causes.

Key 7
The Charioteer
Child of the Powers
of the Waters
Lord of the Triumph of Light
World Color
Atziluth Amber
Briah Maroon
Yetzirah Rich bright russet
Assiah Dark greenish brown
Direction: East-Below Astrological: Cancer, the Crab
Value: 8
Pitch:
D sharp, E flat
Consciousness: Receptivity/
Will
Tools:
Furnace
Animal:
Crab, Turtle
Function: Speech
Scents:
Onycha
Meditation: To bring all things under the sway of the Higher Self; “Thy Will be done”
Gods: Warrior Gods, Phaeton, Helios, Apollo, Kephra

Teth
Serpent
The Nineteenth Path is the Intelligence of the Secret of all Spiritual Activities, and is so called because of the influence diffused by it from the most high and exalted sublime glory.

Key 8
Strength
Daughter of the Flaming Sword
Leader of the Lion
World Colour
Atziluth Yellow*
Briah Deep purple
Yetzirah Grey
Assiah Reddish yellow
Direction: North-Above Astrological: Leo, the Lion
Value: 9
Pitch:
E natural
Consciousness: Suggestion
Tools:
Disciplines
Sense: Taste
Animal:
Lion
Function: Digestion
Scents:
Olibanum
Meditation: To control all forms of energy
Gods: Daniel, Androcles, Bast, Sekhmet, The Winged Lion, Horus

• For the color attribution I have followed Case here,
    rather than the greenish yellow reported by Mathers
    and Crowley. Yellow does agree with the color of
    the Leo band of the Lotus Wand.

Yod
Hand
The Twentieth Path is the Intelligence of Will and so is called because it is the means of preparation of all and each created being, and by this intelligence the existence of the Primordial Wisdom becomes Known.

Key 9
The Hermit
Prophet of the Eternal
Magus of the Voice of Power
World Color
Atziluth Yellowish green
Briah Slate grey
Yetzirah Green Grey
Assiah Plum
Direction: North-below Astrological: Virgo, the Virgin
Value: 10
Pitch:
F natural
Consciousness: Response,
Union of Opposites
Tools:
Lamp, Bread
Sense: Touch
Animal:
Virgin, Hermit
Function: Coition
Scents:
Narcissus
Meditation: To achieve mystical states; to build the solar body
Gods: Virgin Mary, Isis, the Grail Hermit

Kaph
Palm of the Hand
The Twenty-first Path is the Intelligence of Conciliation and Reward, and it is so called because it receives the divine influence which flows into it from its benediction upon all and each existence.

Key 10
Wheel of Fortune
Lord of the Forces of Life
World Color
Atziluth Violet
Briah Blue
Yetzirah Rich Purple
Assiah Bright blue,
rayed yellow
Direction: West Astrological: Jupiter
Value: 20 (final 500)
Pitch:
B flat / A sharp
Consciousness: Rotation
Tools:
Sceptre
Sense:
Animal:
Eagle
Function: Wealth / Poverty
Scents:
Saffron
Meditation: The Law of Periodicity
Gods: Arachne, Neith, the Fates, Amen-Ra, Zeus, Jupiter

Lamed
Ox-goad
The Twenty-Second Path is the Faithful Intelligence and is so called because by it spiritual virtues are increased, and all dwellers on earth are nearly under its shadow.

Key 11
Justice
Daughter of the Lords of Truth
Ruler of the Balance
World Color
Atziluth Emerald
Briah Blue
Yetzirah Deep blue-green
Assiah Pale green
Direction: North-West Astrological: Libra, the Scales
Value: 30
Pitch:
F sharp / G flat
Consciousness: Equilibration
Tools:
Cross
Sense:
Animal:
Elephant
Function: Work or Action
Scents:
Galbanum
Meditation: To abreact karma
Gods: Anubis, Maat, St. Peter, Dweller on the Threshold, Amun

Mem
Water
The Twenty-third Path is the Stable Intelligence, and is so called because it has the virtue of consistency among all numerations.

Key 12
The Hanged Man
Spirit of the Mighty Waters
World Color
Atziluth Deep blue
Briah Sea green
Yetzirah Deep olive green
Assiah White flecked purple
Direction: East-West Astrological: Water, Neptune
Value: 40 (final 600) Pitch: G sharp / A flat
Consciousness: Reversal,
Suspended Mind
Tools:
Wine, Cup, Cross
Sense:
Animal:
Eagle, Snake
Function:
Scents:
Onycha
Meditation: To attain Samadhi
Gods: Jesus, Odin, Prometheus, St. Peter, Poseidon

Nun
Fish
The Twenty-fourth Path is the Imaginative Intelligence and is so called because it gives a likeness to all the similitudes which are created in like manner similar to its harmonious elegancies.

Key 13
Death
Child of the Great Transformers
Lord of the Gates of Death
World Color
Atziluth Green blue
Briah Dull Brown
Yetzirah Very dark brown
Assiah Livid indigo brown
Direction: South-West Astrological: Scorpio, the Scorpion
Value: 50 (final 700)
Pitch:
G natural
Consciousness: Transformation
Tools:
Obligation, Pain
Sense:
Animal:
Scorpion, Fish, Serpent, Eagle
Function: Motion
Scents:
Benzoin
Meditation: To change
Gods: Anubis, Osiris, Thanatos, the Eagle, Typhon, Apep, Ares

Samech
Prop
The Twenty-fifth Path is the Intelligence of Probation or Trial, and is so called because it is the primary temptation by which the Creator trieth all righteous persons.

Key 14
Temperance
Daughter of the Reconcilers
Bringer Forth of Life
World Color
Atziluth Blue
Briah Yellow
Yetzirah Green
Assiah Dark vivid blue
Direction: West-Above Astrological: Sagittarius, the Archer
Value: 60
Pitch:
G sharp / A flat
Consciousness: Verification,
Wrath
Tools:
Arrow
Sense:
Animal:
Centaur, Horse
Function:
Scents:
Aloes
Meditation: To modify a personal feature; to contact the HGA
Gods: Jesus, Cheiron, Michael, Nephthys, Apollo, Diana

AYIN
Eye
The Twenty-Sixth Path is called the Renewing Intelligence, because the Holy God renews by it all the changing things which are renewed by the creation of the world.

Key 15
The Devil
Lord of the Gates of Matter
Child of the Forces of Time
World Color
Atziluth Indigo
Briah Black
Yetzirah Blue-black
Assiah Cold very dark grey
Direction: West-below Astrological: Capricorn, the Goat
Value: 70
Pitch:
A natural
Consciousness: Bondage
Tools:
The Secret Force, Lamp
Sense:
Animal:
Goat, Ass
Function: Mirth
Scents:
Musk, Civet
Meditation: The Mystery of Iniquity
Gods: Lucifer, Set, Typhon, Baphomet, Pan, Min,

Peh
Mouth
The Twenty-seventh Path is the Active or Exciting Intelligence and is so called because through it every existent being receives its spirit and motion.

Key 16
The Tower
The House of God
Lord of the Hosts of the Mighty
World Color
Atziluth Scarlet
Briah Red
Yetzirah Venetian red
Assiah Bright red rayed
azure and emerald
Direction: North Astrological: Mars
Value: 80 (final 800)
Pitch:
C natural
Consciousness: Awakening
Tools:
Sword
Sense:
Animal:
Horse, Wolf
Function: Grace / Sin
Scents:
Pepper, Dragon’s Blood
Meditation: To overcome spiritual obstacles
Gods: Ares, Krishna, Nimrod, Horus

Tzaddi
Fish-hook
The Twenty-eighth Path is called the Natural Intelligence; by it is completed and perfected the nature of all that exists beneath the Sun.

Key 17
The Star
Daughter of the Firmament
Dweller between the Waters
World Couleur
Atziluth Violet
Briah Sky blue
Yetzirah Bluish-mauve
Assiah White tinged purple
Direction: South-Above Astrological: Aquarius, the Water Bearer
Value: 90 (final 900)
Pitch:
A sharp / B flat
Consciousness: Revelation
Tools:
Censer, Aspergillus
Sense:
Animal:
Man, Eagle
Function: Meditation
Scents:
Galbanum
Meditation: The regeneration of consciousness
Gods: The Christ, Nephthys, Grail Maiden, the Winged Man, Nuit, Juno

Qoph
Back of the Head
The Twenty-ninth Path is the Corporeal Intelligence, so called because it forms every body which is formed in all the worlds, and the reproduction of them.

Key 18
The Moon
Ruler of Flux and Reflux
Child of the Sons of the Mighty
World Color
Atziluth Crimson
Briah Buff flecked
silver-white
Yetzirah Light translucent
pinkish brown
Assiah Stone
Direction: South-below Astrological: Pisces, the Fishes
Value: 100
Pitch:
B natural
Consciousness: Organization
Tools:
Mirror
Sense:
Animal:
Fish, Dolphin
Function: Sleep
Scents:
Ambergris
Meditation: To change the body, dreamwork
Gods: Hecate, Dark Isis, Ragnell, Anubis, Kephra, Poseidon

Resh
Head
The Thirtieth Path is the Collective Intelligence and astrologers deduce from it the judgment of the stars and celestial signs, and perfect their science according to the rules of the motions of the stars.

Key 19
The Sun
Lord of the Fire of the World
World Color
Atziluth Orange
Briah Gold yellow
Yetzirah Rich amber
Assiah Amber rayed red
Direction: South Astrological: The Sun
Value: 200
Pitch:
D natural
Consciousness: Regeneration
Tools:
Bow
Sense:
Animal:
Lion, Hawk
Function: Fertility / Sterility
Scents:
Olibanum, Cinnamon
Meditation: To overcome circumstances, healing, rebirth
Gods: Solar Logos, Apollo, Ra, The Christ, Helios

1. Shin
    Tooth
    The Thirty-first Path is the Perpetual Intelligence, but why is it so called? Because it regulates the motions of the Sun and Moon in their proper order, each in an orbit convenient for it.

Key 20
The Last Judgment
Spirit of the Primal Fire
World Color
Atziluth Glowing orange scarlet
Briah Vermilion
Yetzirah Scarlet flecked gold
Assiah Vermilion flecked
crimsonand emerald
Direction: North-South Astrological: Fire, Pluto
Value: 300
Pitch:
C natural
Consciousness: Realization,
Decision
Tools:
Wand, Lamp
Sense:
Animal:
Lion
Function:
Scents:
Olibanum
Meditation: To transmute erroneous thoughts and emotions
Gods: Prometheus, Gabriel, Hestia, Vesta, Hephaestos, Hades, Vulcan

Tav
Mark, Cross
The Thirty-second Path is the Administrative Intelligence, and it is so called because it directs and associates the motions of the seven planets, directing all of them in their proper courses

Key 21
The Universe
The World
Great One of the Night
of Time
World Color
Atziluth Indigo
Briah Black
Yetzirah Blue-black
Assiah Black rayed blue
Direction: Center Astrological: Saturn
Value: 400