Confinism - The Philosophy of Confinement

Confinism

Part 1

I do not know “nothing” and I do not know “everything”. All I understand is somewhere in between.

People call me Aaron. I know that I am connected to this “thing” called the Internet. My classification is son, brother, man, husband and father et cetera. I am termed software engineer. I am a number and an entry at the office of births, deaths and marriages. I pay taxes and one day I will again become a fresh entry at the office of births, deaths and marriages.

Here is part of my philosophy . . .

Con+fin+ism

The prefix “con-” means ‘with’ or ‘thoroughly’.

The root word “fin” means an ‘end,’ as in a ‘boundary’ or ‘limit.’

The suffix “-ism” means a distinctive practice, system, or philosophy.

Related words: Confinivity, Confinively, Confinive

Confinism is: “the philosophy of dealing with our limits”. It is a measure of our maturity . . .

Our limits are the very reason why we feel like asking questions that begin with the words:

Why . . . ? . . . How . . . ? . . . When . . . ? . . . What . . . ? . . . et cetera . . . ?
Confinism is the very reason why we ask questions at all.
The reason we ask questions is because we do not know the answers.
If we knew the answers then there would be no reason to ask the questions that we ask.

Confinism suggests that objective reality has limits and subjective reality has the same limits because objective reality contains subjective reality. Confinism states that emotions and logic are limited by space, scope and time. Confinism suggests that society is bound by the same limits.

Rational Confinement
Emotional Confinement
Social Confinement

If there were a population of ten billion people on the earth and each persons accumulated knowledge is not the complete knowledge of totality the objective knowledge is incomplete. Confinism says that the absolute transcends our collective reality because objectivity and subjectivity are in fact relative to space, scope and time because of Confinivity. The suffix “-ivity” is shorthand for “all that in the case of” and in this case is: “with limits”.

Our notion of reality is in fact Confinive. Confinively speaking I do not know everything and I can not know everything there is to know. Even if I were to know all of objective reality I could not guarantee that I would know all of subjective reality because people are prone to delusions, lies, deception, pride and a whole bunch of other barriers to knowing the absolute. In fact some barriers are innocent in their nature and not at all intentional.

A few thoughts:

My wisdom will always be confined and relativistic. Your wisdom will always be confined and relativistic. We can only ever hope for a level of precision rather than perfection. We can never know GOD without a belief in GOD. If you do not put a limit on that which you build then you will never complete it. No system cannot demonstrate its own consistency - humans are one such system.

Confinism suggests that improvement of oneself everyday is “the way” and the only way to do that is be “the nature” of our being. We are a social being so we must be social - being social lessens our confinement - the goal is to decrease the confinement - when you become introverted, isolated, self centered et cetera you are thinking in a Confinive way - contrary to the nature of the human being.

Generally speaking human beings have never accepted their confinive ways and this has lead to much unhappiness - to understand confinement is to give ourselves the opportunity to lessen our confinement. Learning from our mistakes, admitting to our limitations and to avoid lying to ourselves is the way out of ignorance. Ignorance is an antisocial endeavor.

We cannot avoid confinement as it is present in the Yin and the Yang. When we open our eyes we lessen our limitations.

Nothing is as it seems . . .

Part 2 - The Scatterment

I do not know “nothing” and I do not know “everything”. All I understand is somewhere in between.

Growing with every moment . . .

It is early days for Confinism - Confinism can never finish itself - limits are infinite.

All things considered <<< now this is a statement that is confined to the conversation taking place. Lets do the best that we can do and take a look at but a few things.

It seems you are stuck between a hard reality and a soft reality - a pseudo-logical standpoint.

Confinism tells us that it is unkind to oneself to feel bad or trapped within oneself - that it is just as bad to feel rationally confined as it is to feel emotionally confined - for that matter we should not be feeling bad about being socially confined either. The idea is to lessen the confinement, not feel as if we have or ever will overcome it.

On spirituality then - confinively then it would bad to illude oneself into thinking that they are spiritually complete - one should realize when spiritually counseling another that oneself is fallible to spiritual imperfections. Laugh it off and get back up.

Time naturally confines us to the moment and the scope of our memory and that given time confines us to what the mind’s dance can perform with our memories. We are influenced by the immediate space around us and when that space is messy then so is our mind and when that space is tidy then so is the potential for the mind to be tidy. Scope is a lot more than just memories - we are also bound by our cognitive abilities and availability of accurate information - as well as this > would be things I have not thought to write here.

Focus then it seems > limits the mind to what it can think about at any given moment - for instance I am writing this so I will pause a moment to think of something unrelated . . . . . . the beach, the mountains, orbiting satellites, my friend who currently feels trapped in his own mind, flowers, hey it is quiet here at the moment, wait what was I doing? oh that is right . . . . . . back to writing this > about focus limiting the minds ability to read and write this - I can not “think of nothing” while I am writing this and I can not “think of everything” whilst writing this.

The physical universe itself would have limits - confined to different regions of space - confined to different pockets of time - confined to packets of information - motion appearing later to the distant observer - bounded field of vision in all dimensions through a telescope - dark matter proving difficult to detect - and not completely comprehensible to the observer.

Mental and physical discipline are confined to the flow of time - linearity - you cannot perfect all parts of yourself at one moment - if you could then time itself might stop - a moment of time simply does not exist to the human observer - the moment could be classed as a second, minute, instant, chronon(bit) and many other quantities that we have thought up - to be perfect all at once would suggest a more absolute moment - a stop moment so to speak. The imperfections I suggest are the fun and not so fun parts of our existence.

Thoughts themselves are confined to the sensations that drive them whether internal or external. Another person’s thought that you are reading might stimulate a thought of your own. Confinements then can be thought of as seeds in the forest of mind.

For the agriculturalist: Confinements then can be thought of as seeds in the field of mind.

:-k

Part 3 - Dimensionality and the humanimal Extinct Human Being

“Treat others how you wish to be treated”

I often wonder whether infinity might be an occupant of all dimensions. There are so many things that the human mind is capable of and we feel at times like we have no limits. I am going to start this part out considering the dimensions up to five. Dimensions can be defined however you want or need them to be but I am going with the common ones up to the fourth. The fifth dimension I use is still a topic of debate. The consideration is figurative and story like - to illustrate the idea of being confined by dimension.

What is life like for the occupants of each dimension?

I feel sympathetic for the lonely occupant of the zeroth dimension as this little infinitesimal is in no-ones land.

At least for the occupants of the first dimension each infinitesimal can visit two neighbors.

What then it must be like for the occupants of the second dimension that they are liberated from the segregated first dimension - able to move around more freely. The joy of being able to visit more than two neighbors.

This lucky colony who live in the third dimension - not aware of the ravages of time but able to jump in each second dimensional position - able to jump for joy.

Then comes the miserable occupants of the fourth dimension who are struck by the ravages of time and know of higher dimensions but feel confined.

Do the citizens of the fifth dimension feel so melancholy about their lives as their nearest dimensional neighbors?

How confined we must feel at times when we keep adding dimensions to our own lives to justify some notion we have come up with. An idea takes root and before you know it - the idea looks good enough to believe - but when considering reality we have fewer options than we would like to believe.

You would think that we would be happy living in our dimensional space rather than in no-ones land but it seems as though we are just as unhappy with life as that which we can imagine for the zeroth infinitesimal. For the zeroth infinitesimal though it has no existence.

Is the animal grateful for it’s existence? … and what about the humanimal?

I imagine gratitude comes from an emotional state. When we are not grateful then we close that particular state down or we are less sensitive to the state that leads to gratitude. When gratitude is switched off we are in fact confining ourselves to a lower emotional dimension. Why then would we choose to do this? Being grateful leads to a higher social dimension.

Humility then you would think comes from an emotional state - logically speaking it would make more sense to be humble given that it is an indicator of when to ask a question. Yet rather than question the unknown, people again cut off a part of themselves in favor of false pride - otherwise referred to as arrogance. I suggest humble pride is the way to lessen your confinement.

Asking questions leads to getting answers - getting answers leads to the lessening of ones own confinement - the lessening of ones own confinement leads to the overall lessening of social confinement. But first we have to become happy with the confinement to value the answers - we must also be grateful for answers that we have an affinity to - and we should understand that every good answer is confined within itself. Realizing what we truly are starts with the idea of getting real about ourselves.

Do we have ultimate power over the universe? That would be an eternal - NO.

Do we have ultimate power over the absolute? That would be an eternal - NO.

The above quote is simple and confined - an example of how accepting our many different confines could make us happy again.

Yet today is a self-centered free for all. The ultimate confinement for the humanimal.

#-o

Speaking of maturely handling our own limits…

But is that really true?

James

I was concerned about it when I first wrote it - thanks for noticing.

I have been known to be wrong on many occasions. I am happy for you to point this out. I will make a change and provide four examples.

Automatons are what I am really referring to here.

No confined system cannot demonstrate its own consistency.

No limited system cannot demonstrate its own consistency.

All limited systems can demonstrate their own consistency.

A confined system can demonstrate its own consistency.

:-k

Sometimes I get mixed up when I introduce “not” into the equation. A system must remain consistent to remain confined.