The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is t

Greatest I am

I don’t think of religions as being immoral per se but just the actions of some who do not exercise right morals and ethics. Of course, that doesn’t mean that some of the traditions and practices are not harmful BUT
Look to the INDIVIDUALS!

If you would abolish all religions, than what happens to your beliefs, your ideology?

I’m just about being a pagan myself lol but even a pagan can indulge in horrific acts. Not me though. lol

Unfortunately or fortunately, human beings need something to worship, need a vehicle with which to worship.

What do you propose that human beings do in lieu of religion - after they have all been abolished?
Do we all hang out in some park and worship trees, hug the trees. I don’t know how much I would like that kind of congestion going on.

Again, you are throwing the baby out with the dirty water.

Well, religions do bind up those individuals in a good way too. I wonder how humanity would change if it were not for things as religion, the Ten Commandments, etc.
Religions can be a positive guiding for many. I realize they can also be destructive within the wrong hands and minds.

Regarde!!

Personally speaking, I am NOT the borg or the herd.

So you find a lack of people named Jesus today and you conclude that the worshipers of Jesus who hold him up on a pedestal as the poster boy for morality and unconditional love have no respect for him?

The 10 commandments are garbage as compared to a moral ideology.

As to overall good or evil. My scale say that the evil side is heavier than the good side.

If your scale goes the other way and sees more good than harm, then you must like division instead of unity, war instead of peace and homophobia and misogyny instead of equality for all.

Regards
DL

Yet you seem to advocate for religions that can be described herd or tribes.

Regards
DL

In terms of passing down the name, yes.

What unconditional love are you speaking of?

The love I see coming out of Jesus/Yahweh has many conditions.

The 10 commandments has been mentioned so there are 10 conditions from the get go.

If it was unconditional love, we would all end in heaven. Right?

It is not doing those conditions that has Yahweh/Jesus send us to hell. Right?

Regards
DL

Greatest I Am wrote:

A moral God?
Can there really be any such reality?
Moral is a word which describes humans, not a God.

But who has known the Mind of God?

But according to the bible, Christ was both moral and ethical. Try reading the gospels and you may remember. I recall you saying that you were once a catholic, like myself.

Have you forgotten?

Of all the biblical laws and commandments, the Ten Commandments alone are said to have been “written with the finger of God” (Exodus 31:18). The stone tablets were placed in the Ark of the Covenant (Exodus 25:21, Deuteronomy 10:2,5).

1. I am the LORD your God. You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you serve.
  2. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
  3. Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.
  4. Honor your father and your mother.
  5. You shall not kill.
  6. You shall not commit adultery.
  7. You shall not steal.
  8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
  9. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.
  10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.

You can bring a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink it.

How immoral can a religion be which constructed such a moral/ethical code?
Again, look to the INDIVIDUAL!

You can look on them as conditions but they can also be seen as guiding posts which can light one’s way.

Personally, I do not believe in a heaven or a hell but tell me, if you have children, I would hope that you love them unconditionally but what does unconditional mean to you? That there is not to be taught that actions/behavior have consequences? The word discipline means teaching - hopefully in a loving caring way.

Ought not there to be any discipline despite the unconditional love?
Often parents who feel this way have children who land up in trouble, in prisons, because they do not realize that for every action, there is another action.

Again, I do, as well as look at the religion that the collective of individuals created. It is the religious who kill, not the religion. The religion is just used to justify it with it’s immoral ideology.

Those 10 commandments are plagiarized from older traditions and are far from a moral ideology.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u3z69YpLx0[/youtube]

Regards
DL

Disciple is not defined the same way as condition.

Why do you try to distort the meaning of words?

You ask what unconditional means to me and I suggest that we both use the dictionary definitions as you want to distort the meaning of words.

Regards
DL

Groupthunk

Well, I certainly can’t think of any other reason. :icon-rolleyes:

The kind the Christians speak of. Quit ranting and put things in context. Christians venerate Christ. They bend over backwards for him. They’d suck his dick if he whipped it out in front of them. This is a well known fact. It makes absolutely no sense to say followers of Christ hate him and think of him as morally corrupt. If they hated him, they’d do a lot more than just refrain from naming their children “Jesus”. They might, oh I don’t know, renounce the faith.

Maybe because christians sees Jesus as ‘savior and god’ and it would be too imposing to call a son by their saviour and god’s name, whereas Mohammad was “merely” a messenger, a very well respected one that is. that’s why more people will name their sons Mohammad.

I may be wrong here but isn’t that kind of a paradoxical statement you have made?

Where would you have these people go?
Where do you go to find whatever it is you are looking for?

I am not really advocating for or against them actually. What I am advocating for is freedom to worship as one desires as long as it does no harm.
Anything can do harm and cause tragedy in the wrong hands and minds.
Again, it is not religion per se but the immoral unethical people who do the above.
As much good can be caused by religion as can bad.

I can’t really say ~ who can? ~ what side of the scale is heavier and which is lighter ~~ the good which men do or the evil?
That kind of clarity would take in-depth study.

All you can see is your own perception and perception can be quite biased.

I am not part of the herd. If i were the only one in here who felt as I do, I would still make these statements.
What about you? Are you the only one who feels as you do about religions? I think not.

Greatest I Am,

I have no idea what you are talking about here…unless you were referring to the below…

I didn’t say disciple I said discipline.
Discipline can be a form of teaching children, of instructing them, by taking certain privileges for example from them to teach them important lessons ~~ for instance, that certain behaviors have consequences attached to them.
It can also be a form of structure let’s say for athletes who run the marathon. Despite the fact that they may not want to get up early every morning and run, run, run, they will exercise the discipline (will power in this case) which it takes to do such a thing.

I don’t understand how you could have possibly seen me as defining disciple (or discipline) for that matter with condition. They do not swim in the same waters to me.
Can you explain it where you got that?

You are barking up the wrong tree here. I do not do that. I love words. Language is highly important to me though it does at times fail.
I strive to have clarity with words.
At the same time, as far as words go, we can all be capable of seeing different beetles in the box, depending on where we come from, how we interpret words, left brain right brain ad continuum.

Two people might be given a poem to write about a tree. The words which they use may seem to have entirely different meaning.
But that is not what I did here. Perhaps you did.

Again, there is a difference to me, between unconditional love and total acceptance of all kinds of behavior. Think about the distinction here.
What kind of a parent would totally accept any and all kinds of behavior from a child?
If that is for you what unconditional love is about, well then, I have compassion for you and your children.

And give up their get out of hell free card. Bite your tongue my friend.

That dependence is why Christians do not follow in Christ’s, a title BTW and not a name’s, footsteps.

Ever notice that the U.S., which touts itself as a Christian nation, has the highest abortion rates, — getting better, — and the highest penal population in the world?

People tend to emulate those they respect and those stats tell me that most Jesus loving Christians are either lying or really poor Christians.

Regards
DL

Perhaps you are correct but if Christians see the Trinity Jesus as savior, they must also see him as the one who condemned them in the first place, unjustly. They would also have to go into intellectual dissonance by believing that their God can die, — sort of.

No one deserves hell or condemnation from a guy in the sky, regardless of their crime or sin. Not even cussing the Holy Ghost.

Regards
DL

I do not see one.

Wherever they can find a moral ideology. Even doing without is better than accepting an immoral creed like the mainstream religions offer.

[/quote]
I am a Gnostic Christian and know that the only place worthy of us is within us. That is where our God lies.

God as described as the best rules and laws to live by.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

That is the good news from Gnostic Jesus.

youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes … r_embedded

Regards
DL

=D> Nice.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
There are quite a few free thinkers out here. I estimate about a third of the population.

I see few with the anti-religion and government and all population control and manipulation passion that I have.

Perhaps that just shows how rare apotheosis is. I am not unique as all can do as I did to push for and suffer their apotheosis. Most do not care. Then again, most do not have my criminal mind or delinquent attitude.

My bias and love for the good created my bias and hate against our corrupted religions and governments.

I am just surprised at what the other 66 % are waiting for to let their love create hate for corruption.

Regards
DL