Who discovered North America ?

I thought discovery was the legal tool for finding facts, as far as original man is concerned, the oldest human remains: it was in Ethiopia, and it was called ‘Handy Man’ , translated from Aramaic, incidentally, the language of Jesus.

All other aborigines were transplants.

Ancient Aramaic has very old middle eastern-African roots.

I was going by your premise Arminius, so I think I get you right? :wink:

Feel free to make me think otherwise… I’m listening.

There’s so many conflicting arguements on who discovered America. I believe it was probably the vikings.

Is that due to anthropological evidence?

Great images.

Nice read.

history.com/news/the-viking- … to-america

Two quotes by Leif Erikson
The pain that we cause is the cause of our pain.

We are all leaders - whether we want to be or not. There is always someone we are influencing ~ either leading them to good or away from good.

so cool.jpg
That is so profound.

So… were these original discoverers of America displaced or die out?

They gradually disappears because
1.at that time maritime transportation over ocean is not easy, it is impossible to send a large group of colonists across acean easily and safely as the Spanish did later.

1. at time time, commerce is not that well developed, sending people across ocean to mine gold and silver and then sell those mined gold and silver back to the old world will not cover the costs and risks of maritime transportation, it does not make sense in bussiness.

native americans are asians

…and now look at the place. :smiley:

The same ancestral line… yes, but adapted.

My only question is, why did Native Americans not have fireworks and all the gizmos and gadgets of asia?

They may have broke off from their Oriental ancestors prior to the fireworks gizmos and gadgets that the Orientals invented?

When you came to England, did you discover England like the Vikings when they discovered North America? :slight_smile:

As Quebecers are proud to tell me, the Vikings were in Canada long before any weaker peoples set foot in the Americas.

Edit - I see Arc beat me to it.

The Kenewick Man Controversy:
youtube.com/watch?v=jg28ww5IaXY

The study showed he was genetically closer to Native Americans than to any other groups:
nature.com/articles/nature14625

Early this year (2017), his remains were returned to the Indian tribes for burial:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZJDg6H7MNE4

The reason why it is called America is because of Amerigo Vespucci who discovered it before Columbus did
Not that he was the actual discoverer himself since it has been acknowledged that others came before him

Can you really say that a man discovered it if he didn’t even know what it was?

Who first realized that it was an entire continent between Asia and Europe?

If the semantics of the word “discoverer” or the word discovering" has to meet two conditions - (1.) to be the first one who has arrived and (2.) to know for sure what exactly has been discovered -, then nobody has ever discovered North America. :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps … than again … 1421: The Year China Discovered America

… and the Chinese likely were aware of the geography of the Western Hemisphere … at least in a broad/general sense.