Death

The Scriptures contain no such statement, ‘the soul never dies’, it is a pagan view and there is no reference in the Bible where the soul is referred to as being immortal or undying, in fact, over and over again it declares the opposite but people continue to believe only what they want to believe, ignoring the explicit verses which tell the truth about death yet multitudes still blindly follow empty teachings of an ‘everlasting soul’.

Okay. Now, i understand. But, that is not pertinent here.

In this thread, i want to prove the general perception and causes of the death are wrong. I cannot prove ( to others ) what causes death but still can put a big question mark its benchmark decided by medical sciences.

with love,
sanjay

Where in the Bible does it say explicitly that the soul, not the human body, dies?

What are “the limits/boundaries of what they know”?

We have to consider the two realms again: the physical one and the spiritual one.

You and all doctors, all physicians, all neurologists, all natural scientists are right when it comes to the physical realm.
You and all doctors, all physicians, all neurologists, all natural scientists are wrong when it comes to the spiritual realm.

Compare this with the following quote:

Agreed.

But if so, then one will probably never really know what “death” is. Or does death not exist at all?

Possibly.

Compare:

What do you believe?

What do you Want me to believe? :astonished:
:sunglasses:

I believe that death exists in what we call reality.

Sorry, I did not mean you. I meant Alf.

WendyDarling wrote:

Herein lies your confusion.

What is a “soul”?

“And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.” Genesis 2:7.

A soul is a living being and a soul is always a combination of two things, body plus breath. A soul cannot exist unless body and breath are combined. The Scripture teaches that we are souls.

What is the “spirit” that returns to God at death?

The body without the spirit (breath) is dead. James 2:26 KJV. The spirit of God (the breath which God gave him), is in my nostrils." Job 27:3.KJV

The spirit that returns to God at death is the breath of life. Nowhere in the Scriptures does the “spirit” have any life, wisdom, or feeling after a person dies. It is the “breath of life” and nothing more.

Do not confuse spirit with the Holy Spirit.

The soul is the fundamental concept and definition of what an individually is. It is necessarily eternal, as are all concepts.

JSS wrote

What is your source?

Now, perhaps it is my turn to say something.

Let me ask one more question first.

One’s pulse is stopped completely since some weeks.
One’s heartbeat is stopped completely since some weeks.
One’s brain is stopped completely since some weeks.

Can we say for all practical reasons that now this one is forever dead for sure, and there is no way that it can become alive again ever in the future?

with love,
sanjay

I will go on a limb and say that one is definitely dead forever.

Of course, the Christians will say that God will resurrect the dead at the last judgement.

with love,
sanjay

Man became a living soul in the physical realm, but his soul was already in existence in the spiritual realm. You did not offer the proof I requested.

Souls do not die nor are they resurrected for judgement day, they are already existing in purgatory with their history of memories based on their Earthbound behaviors in tact.

I’m gonna dig out my Bible and find you some scriptural evidence you may deny. :evilfun: It’ll be like looking for a needle in a haystack which makes for happy hunting.

The idea that a person can exist without a body is a Greek idea. The Biblical Jews did not think that way. Even the ones who believed in an afterlife, thought that those in heaven/hell had physical bodies.