What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: What are you doing?

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:20 pm

How hot?
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:23 pm

I mean its not like the surface of the sun or anything. But about 90 f today, now down to 85 or 84, but the humidity is oppressive. You can drown out there just breathing. I,imagine if I was old or sickly that I'd probably just fall down and die in the middle of August.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:25 pm

I wonder if the 74 year old man who destroyed one of my cars was like a ww2 veteran and thought to himself, "damn Germans! I'm taking out 1 more before I die of old age!" before he smashed into the bmw.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:14 pm

74 is not old enough to be a WWII vet.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:38 pm

Maybe his dad died in ww2 so now he hates German cars.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:30 pm

Now that I have Joker to cook for I am becoming a grocery shopoholic. #-o Why this? This is bad, shameful, this compulsive need to feed the one I love. I hate shopping (except for necessary hardware, sporting goods, Big Lots paraphernalia, and the occasional art supplies). I go in to get one thing and leave with a cart full. :eusa-snooty:
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:03 pm

Oh boy, I may be receiving an officially, administered Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale IV in two weeks. The appointment's set but will the stars align enabling it to actually happen?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:10 pm

I had one of those in elementary school. What's so exciting about it?

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:11 pm

Well, the children's version.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Blurry » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:31 pm

Watching Absolutely Fabulous and reading some random things about ILP, and all the while wondering who is being serious and who is being satirical.
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:32 pm

I'm always both serious and satirical.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Blurry » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:46 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:I'm always both serious and satirical.

No doubt. One is never sure how much of you to take seriously. Actually I find it refreshing, amidst all the posing and posturing that happens here. That sure hadn't changed.
"Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: 'It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.'" - Jim Jarmusch
Blurry
fuck

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:48 pm

Nothing like a bunch of kids trying to prove stuff they can't prove.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Blurry » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:37 am

They brought back Crystal Pepsi. I'd never tried it, so I bought a bottle today.

It's terrible.
Blurry
fuck

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:50 am

It was terrible when it 1st came out.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Blurry » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:52 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:It was terrible when it 1st came out.

I believe you, I just hadn't tried it yet. Two sips and I'm over it. Eurgh.
Blurry
fuck

Postby 1mpious » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:35 pm

Sounds like Tab Clear Cola. But they never brought that back.
1mpious
decent guy

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:19 pm

Whoever invented it must have been knowd wrong.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:58 pm

In town waiting for Cotton.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:28 am

Wondering where Serendipper went :?: :-k I enjoyed your participation on ILP so don't stay absent for too long.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Blurry » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:22 am

Making dinner and wondering how many times HBO can play Bend It Like Beckham in a month.
Blurry
fuck

Postby Some Guy in History » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:05 pm

Rocking the homeless life; scrounging up bottles and cans to fuel my drug habit, digging in trash cans for food, wearing the same clothes for months at a time and never bathing.

Behind the mask is nothing; just an ideal, an idea, a hope. It is undying, impossible to hide. Anonymity isn't something you feign or pretend at, it's where your life takes you as you walk down a road you had no choice but to walk down. The mask isn't something to hide behind, nor a cover for a visage burned, but what the world forces you to wear to become their version of you.
Some Guy in History
Philosopher

Postby gib » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:58 pm

Some Guy in History wrote:Rocking the homeless life; scrounging up bottles and cans to fuel my drug habit, digging in trash cans for food, wearing the same clothes for months at a time and never bathing.

Just curious Some Guy, but what's your thoughts on your continuation of drug use? Do you pride yourself on it? Are you ashamed? Do you think of it as a strength? A weakness? I'll bet you anything if you got yourself off the drugs, you'd stand a way better chance of getting off the streets. I'll let you know for sure in a couple years.

I know you've been challenging me in my No drugs, no alcohol thread, but I wonder if this is just you being Devil's Advocate, or you take the continuation of drug use seriously.

Reading your comment above kinda makes me want to help in some way (at the very least, just in moral support), but I'd like to know whether you're proud of the life you live or wish to get out. If the former, then all the power to you. If the latter, then feel free to start a discussion with me and I'll see what kind of wisdom (from what little there is) I can impart. I guess that means whatever you choose, you have my support.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

It is impossible for a human being to go through life not thinking irrationally even if they think of themselves as rational
Also just as irrational decisions are not always bad then rational ones are not always good no matter what the intention
- surreptitious75

The rating of rationality can be higher and always is higher than the person trying to be rational. Rationality is less emotional than the person delivering it.
- encode_decode

Is that a demon slug in your stomach or are you just happy to see me?
- Rick Sanchez
gib
resident exorcist

Postby Jakob » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:36 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:Smears's cigar list.

Partagas Serie D No. 4
Monte Cristo No. 2
Cohiba Robusto, Esquisito or Esplendido. Preferable the Robusto.

Any cigar made by Punch, because I haven't had one ever ever.

I'll bet you can get them here....
JJ Fox (St James's) Ltd
19 St James's Street
London
SW1A 1ES

Or....here.....
Sauter of Mount Street
106 Mount Street
London
W1K 2TW

any luck?
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby Kathrina » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:50 am

A Shieldmaiden wrote:Weather here is fantastic.

Temps around 2c,(35f?) even a light show of SNOW, have a lovely wood fire crackling away, although no space around it, the cats and dogs prevail.

Where do you live?
Kathrina

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat