Holding Your Government Accountable

I haven’t seen citizens doing this, this holding their governments accountable, the elected officials and their staffs. A lot of crazy shit is going down behind closed governmental doors, even during televised sessions of Congress or Parliament, and the country’s people are doing little to nothing to make sure that the citizenry’s best interests are being looked after. We don’t have governments for the people anymore. Our elected officials are serving corporate interests first and their constituents as an afterthought that must fit in line with the corporate interests.

Do we want to become a North Korea or a Venezuela?

Wendy, I think if you could get people to answer honestly, most would admit that they just want to be left the hell alone. Humans, like most living organisms, seek to establish equilibrium - and maintain it for as long as possible. If bad things are happening, let it be someone else. Leave me the fuck alone. The power people know this. It is how they stay in power. This is why you read about some poll and find that they hate their congressional representatives - and then vote the bastards back in office. They ain’t stupid, they’re just oblivious until it’s right in their face. Even then, they look for a scapegoat to blame instead of accepting responsibility for not paying attention. This is how we elect pussy grabbers. #-o

But stasis is exactly what we see. Whether it is a problem depends on which side of your coin is up. The powerless see a problem, the powerful see it as an opportunity. Even at the end of violent revolution the problem scenario remains the same. All that has changed is the players. Like musical chairs, the game goes on and on and on…