Eating meat is good

To my knowledge I have never eaten an animal that was still alive. Of course my body eats living microorganisms all the time.

To eat a living animal would seem to be a deliberate attempt to experience the suffering and dying of the animal as part of the meal. I’m not really sure what the value could be in doing that, at least for me. Maybe it’s healthier in some ways, not cooking the animal, like with sushi. Certainly it’s healthier to eat raw vegetables just plucked from the ground rather than cooked. Even more if you put the raw just plucked vegetable in a juicer and drink the juice immediately, while all the plant parts are still so fresh. But I’m not sure this same principle applies to eating animals (I’m not sure that it doesn’t apply, either).

Yes, we are the environment that the cow exists in. It would not exist if not for us. Eating it is a form of respect: “cow, you are good, you are capable of nourishing us, unlike so many other things. Cow, you have definite value to me-- thank you.”

Like natives who would bless and revere the animal they kill and cook.

I would like to end factory farms because they represent a loss of that sort of respect, also because they produce lower quality meat. Without the existence of factory farms, McDonalds would not be possible.

Why don’t we take a break from our psychopathy for a minute and think about this rationally, eh? If I can do it, so can’t you.

This is rational thought. Finally someone admits McDonalds to be the plague that needs to be purged, in the interest of higher health and aesthetics.

Who don’t you learn to walk, you’ve crawled around here for too long.

“Who” don’t you? Maybe “why don’t you” and a reply that isn’t shit and garbage.

Ahaha.

What would we do without you’re crawling around here, eh?

Go on babbling, without a director?

I need to remind you who ended up being the final director in Eureka.

No idea what your talking about. Feel free to clarify if your prefer.

You’ll have to watch all 5 seasons of the show. I can’t explain it to you without spoiling it. I would send you a PERSONAL MESSAGE but the MILITARY MINDS who RULE these boards don’t allow me to.

I am only a director, not a dictator.

Eureka’s collapse was not the fault of the director, it was the fault of the inflexible military minds, and the corrupt traitorous politicians. In fact, the collapse occurred because THE DIRECTOR WAS NOT GIVEN ENOUGH POWER. The incompetent military minds who dealt heavy hands, were directly responsible for the downfall of Eureka, by their general incompetence, pigheadedness, and general refusal of the director’s advice. And in the end, the DIRECTOR gets blamed for it all.

Directors must have absolute creative and editorial control, yes.

This,

But only after running at least a 5k.

Eating meat is ur-godly.

But only the good meat. Leave your macdonald at the door, bitch.

I ate one of these for lunch today. It was good. This thread has been resolved.

Very nice.

Now now.
time for the estrogen patch.

Im not your local grammar nazi but still, your post was in of itself nothing.

This, on the other hand, is Moby Dick. The Odyssey.
I bow to you, great Literatrix.

Will you now put on them patches?

I would put on the patches, so I can attain a great peace of mind, so much so that my posts will attain a post quality such that would incur the envy of even the gods.

No, I have never envied you.

Thank you for this response. I asked “why” not to challenge you, but because I genuinely wanted to know your reasoning on the matter.

Personally, I am not a vegetarian, but I do value all forms of life. I value life, be it human or cow or insect or plant, because it is finite and full of possibility. I think that valuing the life of something you’re going to eat is perfectly reasonable, and leads to an appreciation of what you’re being given when you take that life.