Thanks, Wandering.

Still, the trees are speaking
through silence
or the rustle of leaves in the wind
or the brittle resonance
of thin limbs
against the crisp blue
of a cloudless autumn day.

The expansiveness of the sky and the sharp finite sounds of the tree make a contrast which strangely speaks of the same joyous wisdom. The noises of the tree are merely imposed by the wind, the tree itself remains silent, like the silent cloudless blue sky that lies motionless above him.

You clearly feel it, rack.

d63

I love trees.
What is the message which they are attempting to send out to us?
That we must be silently waiting in order to learn from them?
If we can quiet our minds into silence, the trees within us will speak.

I have also received that impression from them and also from mountains…many things actually…including the stars, oceans, ad continuum.

The sap of trees is the ointment of life. All can be healed using the sap of trees.

Very nice poem by the way.

The Mayans appeared to have believed that trees stand in direct contact with the Galactic Center. How they would know this is quite as unfathomable as how they would know of the existence of the Galactic center, and by implication, of the Galaxy.

I wasn’t aware of the sap of trees but I do love to hug them.

Its amazing that people don’t know this. Trees also have blood. They aren’t all wood inside. The wood and leaves are actually a product of the sap, which flow from the roots upward. You can often see the sap on the outside of pine trees.

I think that perhaps I did not have enough coffee when I wrote that. #-o Of course, trees have sap…that’s where maple syrup comes from. Yummy. I have seen the sap on trees in my walks.

Blood…

Well, you are speaking of chlorophyll - hadn’t considered that.

CS: It’s red, ok well plants wouldn’t have this red blood but they do have green, which would be the chlorophyll in their leaves, and if you look at the structure of a chlorophyll molecule it’s really similar to a hemoglobin molecule which makes our blood red. The main difference would be there’s a metal atom in the middle of each of those molecules, and in the case of plant chlorophyll it’s magnesium, which gives it a green color, and in our case it’s iron and that gives us a red color

northcountrypublicradio.org … have-blood

If you would turn down the lights a bit - to twilight - and bring out some stars, I could see myself sitting there on that bench all by my lonesome.

Do Not Disturb.

Would it not be better then for us to be the listeners rather then the trees?
How will we hear the message otherwise?
:-$

The trees may listen as well, as our listening may turn into a message. The war’s vibration may cause a language of interpretation which turn both ways: in toward us, and outward toward them. They may recognize themselves through our representation of them.
They may even vibrate in remembrance of us, long after we pass from their leaves’ silent murmur.