somewhere in Greece

please relate the gods to mortality circumambulating.

Great shots Jakob!

Thanks S.

These pictures are incomplete without souvlakia.

I see the menu somewhat more elaborate. Excuse the formatting Ive copied a table.

The Iliad
I. 313-17

I. 436-74

II. 400-1

II.402-32
Location of Sacrifice
seashore
altar
huts

Around victim
Sacrificer
Agamemnon
Odysseus/
Khruses for Agamemnon
Akhaians
Agamemnon
katarkhtesthai

Purification

Hand washing Barley scattering

Ritual stance Barley scattering
Recipient
(Response)
Apollo
(smoke rises)
Apollo
(he rejoices)
various
Zeus
(receives sacrifice, denies prayer)
Victim
Hecatomb (pl.)
hecatomb

ox
III.245-312
between armies Agamemnon
Hand washing
First hairs
Zeus, Helios, Rivers, Earth
(denies prayer)
lambs, boar

Thats the part about animal sacrifice, that makes Greece so beautiful: only a part is burned to the God, the rest is feasted on. Thats what people don’t understand, what the musulmen tried to resolve by substituting a goat for Isaac. But what never had been seen outside of isolated communities and in Africa.

Who gives a wopping shit?

Go outside and drown yourself in the river.

Stay inside and stick your head in the stove.

Apparently human meat tastes like chicken. Ive heard pig as well. The unknown bitch here demonstrates the combination and thus the ignobility of the sacrifice. Why we invented spears and handguns, sniper rifles and bombs.

To sacrifice a bull means something much more grave than to sacrifice a human.
Not more important, a bull wont complain as much, but more grave, more substantial, richer.

Now, most of Indonesias and Brazils rainforests are decimated due to soy production which is not to accompany sushi but to feed cattle.
I propose that we re instate animal sacrifice - and that we only eat beef that is sacrificed to a god of the Olympus.

We have time. Oxen move slow, especially to the altar.

Apparently Hannibal Lecter here likes poetic slaughter.

Now draw us a beefy bison with some blueberries.

MagsJ - no not here now —

I’ve always wanted to visit Athens, temple ruins of Delphi, and the ruins temple of Zeus.

For the ruins of Delphi I hear that it is a long ardent journey up the mountains.

Yeah I understand the oracle is on such a trail from the complex of Apollon which is at a flat interval of a mountainslope.
I was there early in the morning as it opened, it was just the cats and my awe struck self for a few hours. I had to tell off a guard who was observing me to respect the gods and leave me be. “The gods the gods” he murmured and backed away.

“Hand washing Barley scattering”

This sounds perfect.
I don’t like sage and incense, but I do like to scatter some nature to cast away stale humanity.
Barley is so very clean, like Sifs hairs.

SPARTAN APPLE

Wow FC

Love it!

Got any more pics? That is I believe, your forte. Photography and film.

I used to think of it as my calling, yeah. Unfortunately that world doesn’t address any real issues.
In the end to take a meaningful perspective you need to have a philosophical outlook, need to be able to see things almost objectively - not as they are, as there is no single way that they are, but more like as they “see” themselves.
Hard to explain.

“Things are rooted in themselves” said the Dogen, the great Japanese philosopher of zen. That statement summarizes my approach.