What are you doing? (Part 1)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOKER!!! :occasion-birthdaymulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor:

Mr R wrote:

Off the top of my head, I always thought a pimp was a man, who controls and arranges clients for prostitutes and from memory on one occasion where I photographed some prostitutes at a brothel the general consensus was there was a distinct lack of respect and affection for men, which when one thinks about it, men in these circumstances are not on their best behaviour. As far as femininity goes when discussing prostitutes, their behaviour is decidedly fake and acted out and the very best of these earn the most money.

I would put prostitutes at the bottom of the rung as they tend to be masculine and aggressive in their behaviour when left to their own devices.

Today, a truly feminine woman seems to be an exception not the norm and when you happen to meet a woman of this calibre she certainly stands out from the tainted masses.

oh manni, you get menstrual cramps too?

Describe this woman because I haven’t met anyone in this era remotely feminine in the traditional sense of that word. My Great Aunt Mary may have been such a lady in her day, but she never married, instead she took care of her ailing parents when she was in her prime. We all swore that she was still the Virgin Mary when she died at 91. She was soft spoken, witty, girlie but not gawdy, well read, would do anything for the family, fair in the face and disposition, but she never dated that I can remember. I don’t remember her even being around any single men or flirting, so that may not of ever happened in my lifetime. What else makes one of these ladies?

I can’t be as precise as you have been, I see it as a ‘recognition’ of the feminine in a woman. For me it as an earthy sophistication coupled with intelligence and the appreciation and respect of the man in her life, although I must emphasise she does not necessarily need a man in her life to be satisfied, but if there is one she appreciates his worth and embraces his qualities. I have met a couple of women that fit this description and they were fixed deeply on my memory.

How could you better describe “earthy sophistication?” I may be catching your drift.

Yes.

On my second peanut butter and jelly sandwich…only craving PB&J. What is going on?

Breaking it down will lose it’s relevance.

Joker has asked me to pass along his thanks for your best wishes, so :text-thankyoublue:.

Found a new poison… lavender and thyme tea, clipped from the herb garden… refilling the cup throughout the day with freshly boiled water… sipping the brew throughout the day. A proven relaxant… the rum can wait for the weekend.

Listening to a recent purchase, the greatest band evers singles collection years '81-'98 on cd. Four glorious discs. I’m so happy! :smiley:

You bought CDs?

Yes. I love tangible items and my car has a cd player that I like to make use of.

If you’d just downloaded the music for free off the internet, and then put the money that you spent on the CDs into an asset that would appreciate, then you’d be doing your part to help America be a place that’s moving toward economic equality and where people’s are closer to having their needs met. But if you just love tangible things then hey…have at it.

When I see someone spend money on something that they don’t have to spend money on, I always ask myself, "Do they know what that money would be worth in 20 years if it brought average gains in a diversified portfolio? In most cases I assume that the answer is no. You didn’t give away 20 or 30 bucks for some CDs, you gave away hundreds.

I guess as long as you don’t ask the taxpayer to take care of you when you’re old, then it’s really none of my business. But if you do, then your actions lead to things like expanded government and less personal accountability in America, which some think are among the things that have led to alot of the economic troubles that we’re in as a nation.

Downloaded it into what? Also, isn’t that stealing from the artists?

A cell phone.

Stealing from artists? Well my, my…are you aware of the master/slave morality bit that so many people get on about here and there? Just keep following the rules of the people who you want to control you and you’ll be in their control. No matter about your retirement. Just steal from the taxpayer after you spend you money on songs. Aren’t you kind of a traditionalist? Remember the old, traditional saying…“free as a song”. But if you love the capitalists so much, feel free to give them your money and then just take what you need from those who’s payroll deductions add up to a mortgage payment.

I think that you just like to argue and that you don’t really think much about your positions before putting them out there. That’s ok. Most people are like that. Spending money on music and cat food and then complaining about how the rich are keeping you from being able to take care of yourself is…well…something that speaks for itself.

Do you always work yourself into a tizzy this early in the morning? I am a traditionalist in that I support artists getting paid for my possession of their work. You do too much illegal stuff to understand scruples.

I’m not in a tizzy, not is this about scruples. Mixing morality and economics, at the level that we’re talking about is just foolish. All I’m saying is that if you’re buying things that you could have for free, then don’t point the finger at others when you don’t have money left for the things that you need.