Captain Gabriel and the Great Planetary Odyssey

I don’t skate, but I do take my alligator for a daily walk.

There is only artificial ice here (california) , not like in Minnesota , where all 10,000 lakes make for impromptu ice rinks.

Hurray to the ice queen-snow princess.
I would like more control over my drinking, and even of I do need a sip now and then to enhance creativity, I give store to graduated control.

i really wish, you lots of luck with Your book, and there is a great deal of merit in it…

Well, Meno, you know you can lean on me as a friend, right? I always thought of you as a friend and I always will. That will never change.

Thank You Gib, really appreciate that, pledging friendship as well.

And truly hoping it will be lasting, not to go south.

Gib … I read a couple of chapters of your book and a page or two of the epilogue … as you know I’m a big picture small minded old man … details confuse me. :slight_smile:

For what it’s worth here is my gut reaction:

1. A veritable Masterpiece … a wholesome legacy that will serve many future generations of your progeny.

2. Subliminal prophetic or desirable outcomes embedded in your creative fantasies.

3. The name Gabriel in your title … generally understood to mean “messenger”. Hmmm!

4. In a word … a rather strange word popped into my head … a word I never use … topology. Hmmm!

Topology is about mappings, isn’t it? Maybe trilogy? Maybe you thought trilogy, and that became topology? GASP Should I make this into a trilogy?! Should I, Pilgrim? :laughing:

Read it … now I can put a name to my travel buddy … TG :slight_smile: I also read the last page … more on this later.

kinda … sorta … today some people can travel beyond the prison … ergo …

[b]

[/b]

When the Evolution of Being reaches a certain stage all people will be free.

Nope … topology is definitely the word … after reading your last page the feeling was reinforced.

Mug_and_Torus_Morph.gif

Trilogy huh? … sounds like you’re going to be busy for a while. :slight_smile:

Emerging thoughts stemming from Chapter 14.

You tell us TG as a travel buddy doesn’t come free … and winning his assistance isn’t easy.

For me … the prison people live in … with the same consequence as TG hanging on the wall unable to free himself … is SCAP … Social Constructs and their Attendant Proprieties.

The price of journeying with the help of TG beyond the boundaries of SCAP is a PhD from the University of Hard Knocks … many enter … few graduate.

Hmm… the alpha and the omega… the story begins and ends in the same way… a transition into and a transition out of (a dream), and it is done seamlessly so that the reader doesn’t quite know when he has left the crib and when he as entered the cosmos (or visa-versa). ← Maybe this seamless transition is the topology, a way of mapping the one world to the other. I mean, if Gabriel started his adventures saying: “Okay, here’s how the story starts…” then it would be abrupt and we wouldn’t be able to trace elements in this reality with elements in the other. But a fluid transition is a topology.

Well, Pilgrim, you read into it what you may. Hopefully it will inspire you and others.

Magj, in spite of the boozing repute I have developed, I’m quite harmlessly in control. And no, I wasn’t reserving it(the reply)for its rarity, nor its complexity, only to avoid inyerjections
of the kind I’m making now.

And I’m making no other excuses.

Gib, talking about intersections, or what the beat writers used to call the ’ cut up method, I felt the seams of the later sections appeared to counter them.

The different contextual areas, seemed as if different stories were beginning, and matured as they unraveled.

Pilgrim, isn’t SCAP and topography mutually descriptive in a sense?

Gib … you have such a way with words … a tribute to the depth and breadth of your intellect … or … the caliber of your AI algorithms … either way the result’s the same. :slight_smile:

Some people travel regularly and without effort between worlds … others work very hard at it … eg serious meditation practitioners, aesthetics and so on.

All art is subject to the interpretation of those whose gaze fixes upon it. While I only tasted a mouthful I find your writing may be interpreted on multiple levels … yet … at the same time such interpretations remain invisible to the blind.

Obviously my interpretation(s) is framed within the context of my life experiences … individuals without such experiences are the ‘blind’ I refer to … not at all an affront.

[b]

[/b]

Meno … I look forward to your posts … written while sober or drunk … or anywhere in between. :slight_smile:

The word I would use for SCAP is ‘bridge’ … connecting our material world with the ‘other’ … despite the fact there exists no space or time between the two worlds.

While the Evolution of Being marches forward … SCAP seems to have ossified. The turbulence from the left is a consequence of this ossification. I’m sure we’ll land on our feet at some point along the way.

Or, we are at a junction or interjumction between the views that either we do land on our feet or we miss. The interjection is almost unpredictably and unprecieveably subtle, and the mechanics of the knowledge will have to become equivocal to the knowledge of it’s mechanics to map the correct choice.

Some even believe that only our higher powers can direct that route to be taken

Not just can but do.

I’m with Gib … though … begs the question:

[b]

[/b]

Some suggestions:

1. Some drugs appear to work … some of the time.

2. Sufficient volumes of alcohol appear to work … some of the time.

3. Sober and immersed in the crowd … not so much.

4. Sober and separated/isolated from the crowd … worked for me … and others?

Meno … you shared some personal info with those ILP members who read your posts. Your life has been a continuous stream of increasingly difficult and increasingly painful “hard Knocks” … graduation may be just around the corner.

Graduation as in:

[b]

[/b]

[/b][/quote.

Those lyrics are hard to live up to. Thank you , the sentiments returned, most of these effects are certainly due to Gabriel, in the present context.

[b]

[/b]

Perhaps there’s a mathematical relationship between level of hard(ness) and level of merit.

Reaching for the summit.jpg

Reminds me of the quip … the philosopher and scientist finally achieved the summit … after a very long and arduous effort … only to be met by the spiritualist who asked them "What took you so long?

[b]

[/b]

and by extension to Gabriel’s creator … Gibran Shah

When I think of our higher power, I think of the higher self, the self that chooses everything we do in life and knows why it chooses. The higher self orchestrates the entire show as far as I’m concerned.

Nice meta statement Gib … the cornerstone of the second book of your trilogy? :slight_smile:

Let me paraphrase is my own words and you can let me know if we’re on the same page.

Our (sub)conscious mind takes us places we don’t want to go. At some point along the way our conscious mind becomes aware of the odyssey and starts to enjoy the ride.

I would make it even simpler: our subconscious mind takes us places.

Your book supports this perspective.

What about encounters along the way?