What all men ought to do

At least that they can do what they ought to.

Zarathustra’s oughts were only because he thought people were listening. Shortly after these are not the ears for my words I stopped reading, the rest of the story was clear enough. He was in a cave man, he thought most human animals would be similar. Didn’t expect the degenerating power of history.

The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.

I suppose you see the former as the ought, the latter the morality.

But I mean to take the term morality and employ it to my ends.Ive found it too powerful to give to the insignificant.

The powerful are therefore not moral, because power presuposes knowledge of the value of truth.

All of them the ought. It’s just some will get it and some won’t.

The more that get it, the easier things will be for me and all who love fun and the good things in lzzife.

Morality is like the ring in TLoTR. It corrupts more than it helps.

What would you use morality for? Trick them into being useful to themselves and thus us, or just to us? It will have weakening effects on them and leave the world more barren. Less fun. So it defeats the purpose.

I care about my family. Is that moral? Hell no. It is just fate. It is. There is no “I could not care instead.” Specially not moral when you consider I let them hurt themselves or would burn millions alive just to get them out of a bad spot.

What I see as the ultimate morality in LotR is that Aragorn bows before the Hobbits, and Frodos pain at that, knowing what he knows of himself.
which makes Sam the moral of the story, which is no doubt how Tolkien intended it.

Still, this morality may be the ring itself.

On any case, I see morality as a wand to beat people over the heads with, but not as a reason to.

Of course. Still, consider that a family man does have a greater moral weight.

One doesn’t care for ones family because that is the moral thing to do - rather, if one happens by fate to be loyal to ones family, morality is a weapon that can be wielded with some force.

Morality is tradition, and family is the force at its basis.

Morality is the instinct of the herd, thus the rod of the shepherd.
As the meme goes, the shepherd is in bed with the wolf, fate.

“Morality”

That’s not morality. If morality cared it would be biased and so imoral. If it isn’t objective it isn’t morality.

You can come up with any excuses for the use of morality. Maybe the illusion of it has helped you deal with some situations where things you cared about were at risk.

But it weakens the sheep and the shepherd. And weakness detracts from your ability to further or even maintain or if we’re honest ensure the survival of what you care about.

If your gonna use a rod, use the objective truth of strategy.

I like that this thread is what The Republic would have been if Thrasymachus would have been Socrate and Socrate Thrasymachus.

So the shepherd isn’t moral? Or is he but just in a different way?

“That’s not morality. If morality cared it would be biased and so imoral. If it isn’t objective it isn’t morality.”

I see it the opposite way. Morality is necessarily arbitrary and thus only good as a tool to handle large crowds. I literally have no inkling of what objective morality is except “were all gonna die anyway”.

“You can come up with any excuses for the use of morality. Maybe the illusion of it has helped you deal with some situations where things you cared about were at risk.”

No, because I’ve always been regarded as the immoral one. Morality never was a help to me, only a swarm of bloodsucking mosquitos too small to hate or fear but too many to ignore. Only in the sense that mosquito bloodthirst is objective morality is objective - it exists. But it ain’t “good”.

“But it weakens the sheep and the shepherd. And weakness detracts from your ability to further or even maintain or if we’re honest ensure the survival of what you care about.”

Morality is a bias that allows the shepherd to reap the sheep wool.

The Moral are invariably The Weak; those who don’t endure the fact of their own bias without the hypocrisy of believing it to be objective.

As I see it the shepherds enterprise works with the sheep’s helplessness and this arrangement is called morality. The Wolf is what allows for the different interest of sheep and shepherd to appear like one and the same. This in turn is what makes the Wolf crucial to the shepherd.

In Biblical terms, without Satan, Jesus would be out of a flock.

In modern terms, without the rod of the evil Jews, Islam would be too boring to survive. The flock would scatter and the shepherd would be out of means to secure the wool/oil.

Morality and bad taste are physiologically the same.

Atrophied taste, taste of a creature that cant hunt down its food, that has to eat what a stronger being decides is good for it, has to turn bad, become something to which life is a problem.

Mass religion is the hallucination conjured to distract such life from itself, to keep it from seeking an end, to keep the wool coming.

Organized crime gave the first forms of morality.
“We hyenas ought to have what that lion has”

You say morality never helped you, but then you say it helps you reap wool.

I agree, morality is the illusion of objectivity. Not that objectivity doesn’t exist as reality, for example in strategy.

And also it is not true that morality only chains the weak and tasteless. If it were, why should I bother with it? Morality is at its funniest and most affecting precicely in the strong.