"Mental" Illness: The Future of Treatment

:laughing:

I don’t blame it…

Too many births, not enough love.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXlJ3lgpiGQ[/youtube]

The only love out there is what you give.
But how do you learn when you never received.

…observe.

…learn from others who exhibit the art of emitting love.

…think of the things you do love, and apply it to living things.

But how is a kid supposed to know to do that?

Its a thing hard to teach, but a good teacher will manage.
I did have one of those early on. But these are rare, brave people.

The relation between depression and intelligence, I believe, comes because the person doesn’t accept that the things that bother him or her are important.

The day I decided to admit they were important was the day I became free. But still I was depressed because I was so alienated from these problems from pretending for so long that they weren’t important. I had to acquaint myself with them, do in little time what my body expected me to be doing the whole time. And then one day before I knew it I was happy.

Takes time and hard work.

Also I had to work on my other disease, drug addiction, which feeds so well from depression. That’s just a matter of drugs affect me more deeply than none addicts, tangling that power up with avoiding pain finally triggered the addiction, where drugs are more fundamental to me than happiness or anything. So I can’t use them anymore, and the way to quit them is a trip. I guess healing from both diseases came hand in hand. Leaving depression gave me the reason and quitting drugs the means.

Along the way a lot of magic and beauty which effects are still unfolding. It was all worth it. Goddamn I’m a lucky man.

Anyway, I gave my prescription for depression, but for drug addiction it’s more.complicated, to do with more basic neural pathways, so you really need professionals. I say go with tecovered or recovering addicts that channel or become professionals, so AA and rehabs that use the Minnesota method.

I can say it’s worth it. I even feel lucky for the pain I felt.

As I was being driven off to the airport bound for my rehab in Venezuela, Fixed Cross called. I told him “it begins.” Maybe he didn’t know what I meant, even though I had talked about it. I meant the project of health.

Perhaps because of this, and so we teach ourselves by tapping into what’s inherently/innately within… I guess that is why I have felt that I am not here to teach, but to experience experiences.

Is it real if someone has to be taught the non-conceptualised?

My mother, a fan of dog training, says she has become convinced that dogs do not require training, dog owners do.

In the same way, I don’t think children should be taught. It is rather adults.

My depression begins here:

and ends here, as mine was due to an overwhelming neurological-flooring illness, which I now have under control by exercising 3: Cries for help :stuck_out_tongue:

But yes… you are right, in that once the situation is accepted, then recovery and/or healing become options, but oh what a hurdle to have to pass. :neutral_face:

…and do you feel health(ier)?

Why are Venezuelans so beautiful/attractive? Is your mother beautiful and your father attractive?

Do not infant innate qualities still need guiding? the terrible twos are testament to that. :laughing:

I sincerely believe all a child needs from adults is love and freedom. But adults have to be trained to give that.

I believe excercice is key. I like long walks uphill myself. Uphill if possible.

I do feel a whole lot healthier. Health maybe just meaning I am happy with what I got.

Lol I don’t know.

Coming out of hippie-central and having been close to a family where the children supposedly were free to teach the parents, I report that one of them is dead, the next is a the quintessence of dishonourableness, and the third has transgendered.

You now what the problem is? Parents may claim they want the child to take control but as soon as it makes a slight move out of their comfort zone, they traumatize it with their horrified turning away. Because you see, far worse for a kid than it being forbidden stuff by harsh parents, is to be made to understand viscerally and without ever any explanation that its natural tendencies are abject.

Nay, I say the parents cant voluntarily set themselves up to be taught.

The best they can do is teach the child what they know to be valuable, and prepare for when the day comes that the child will enforce its teachings on them. If it happens they can be proud for being deemed personally, not just biologically, worthy of their offspring.

It is likely that the only thing a child can truly come to know is that which it was never told.

Lol I didn’t say anything about voluntarily.

Parents can’t avoid being force-taught though.

What, if anything, would you change from how it goes in the West now?

Love and (only enough) freedom (to grow), which adults have been learning from their forebears for eons… passed down from generation to generation.

I like short walks… on a flat plane… on a cool and cloudy day :laughing: Long walks and my energy levels ain’t friends Pedro. :angry-nono:

Maybe good health and happiness are one… I myself am happy on good days, and not on bad days… which are now thankfully lessening.

I hope I didn’t make you blush with that last question. 8-[ I’m just very observational, is all…

Lol you did make me blush. Inside.

I don’t like generation to generation argume ts. Obviously some important things are handed down that way but also some crazy ass bullshit.

I don’t mind bad days. After they are over, of course. They are good opportunities to put my health skills to the test. And they make me stronger, so good days are even more meaningful.

Lol not everyone likes the same exercice I guess. I was recommended something cardiovascular, get the heart beating, by rehab, so that’s what I tried first and it turned out to be nigh miraculous. A good walk puts everything in its place for me.

Fixed Cross

I think first and foremost, adults need to be taught what it means to have fun again.