Descartes' conclusion on God was right. His premises were...

We do not know if time extends infinitely into the past or not because physics breaks down at the Big Big although no cosmological model rules it out absolutely
Mathematical infinity only requires infinity at one end because while the number line extends to infinity in both directions it can begin or end at any point at all

God cannot possess even one omni because all omnis are examples of perfection and absolute perfection simply cannot exist in reality
So those who claim omnipotence / omniscience / omnibenevolence for God are therefore unaware of the logical impossibility of them

Start at 0 and extend to infinity with the positive integers
Start at 0 and extend to infinity with the negative integers
Both have a start point and both extend to infinity in different directions
It does not have to be 0 but that is the obvious place to start because it is the exact centre of the number line
There is also an infinity of numbers between every two reals on the number line no matter how close they are

Something would have to cause the big bang and therefore that’s not the beginning, but the genesis is outside of time because time is a construct existing as an artifact of space that was created at the big bang. We can’t have space without time nor time without space, but even within that construct, light observes neither time nor space and since every photon emission and reception were events that took no time, then the big bang isn’t anything that happened, except from our point of view. The construct must be finite because none of it took any time and it’s already done, but not from our point of view as beings constructed of spacetime itself.

physics.stackexchange.com/quest … a-receiver

[i]Richard Feynman’s PhD thesis was about just this topic, if I am understanding your question rightly. Here is an earlier question about Feynman’s thesis that addresses some of the fascinating issues involved with this.

At the suggestion of his thesis adviser John Wheeler, Feynman explained photon emission as a two-way interaction in which the regular photon is emitted and follows the “retarded” solutions to Maxwell’s equations. “Meanwhile” (in some rather abstract sense of the word indeed) a target atom or particle in the distant future emits its own photon, but a very special one that travels backwards in time – a type of solution to Maxwell’s equations that had been recognized since Maxwell’s time but had been ignored. These solutions were called the “advanced” solutions. This advanced photon travels back in time and “just happens” to arrive at the source at the exact instant when the regular photon is emitted, causing the emitting atom to be kicked backwards a tiny bit.

Amazingly, Wheeler and Feynman were able to write a series of papers showing that despite how mind-boggling this scenario sounded, it did not result in violations of causality, and it did provide a highly effective model of electron-photon interactions. From this start, and with some important changes, Feynman eventually produced his Feynman-diagram explanation of quantum electrodynamics, or QED. The curious time relationship continue in Feynman’s QED, where for example a positron or anti-electron simply become an ordinary electron traveling backwards in time.

Staying fully consistent with his own ideas, Feynman himself described photon interactions as always having an emission and a reception event, no matter how far apart those events occur in ordinary time. In his view, if you shone a flashlight into deep space, the photons could not even be emitted until they found their “partner” advanced photon emission events somewhere in the distant future. The proof of it is in the very slight push back on your hand that happens when you shine the light, that kick coming from the advanced photons arriving from that distant point in the future and nudging the electrons in your flashlight filament.[/i]

The universe is a closed loop where something is emitted and something is returned for energy conservation both in terms of space and in terms of time; therefore it’s not infinite. A photon can’t even be emitted until its partner is found in distant space and time.

I see what you’re saying, but I think that’s better described as a segment because all lines are infinite. Placing the origin at zero on Cartesian coordinates is really an arbitrary placement as we could have the x and y intercepts anywhere. We could start counting at zero: 0, 1, 2, 3… or we could start from -2: -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3… To say it has a beginning is an arbitrary segmentation because it really doesn’t have a true intrinsic beginning and neither does it have a true intrinsic ending (although the size of the universe should cap it off).

Yes I think you’re right although I’m less sure of the omnipresence because I can’t find a reason that god couldn’t exist in every place there is to exist within the construct of spacetime. Can you think of a reason that couldn’t be so?

I’m not sure what perfection means and I can only imagine it as relative, like: a short sword is perfect for close-quarters combat within buildings, but maybe not so good in the open field. Perfection is relative to a situation and not something that can exist objectively/abstractly.

Omnipresence can exists as a state as well as a being because it can also apply to the Universe
The other three omnis however are exclusively characteristics of God so they are not the same
God by nature is perfect but that is a meaningless concept because it has no actual reference

I already have the refutation of omnipresence in this thread.

If a being cannot know what it’s like to not know someone’s middle name, it’s not present in any of us.

It’s right here: viewtopic.php?p=2710106#p2710106

An omniscience disproof is an omnipresence disproof.

Certainly real will understand that

Oh I see. You differentiated an attribute of the universe from an attribute of a person (god). That might work. Spacetime exists everywhere there is spacetime and outside of spacetime, there is nowhere to exist, so spacetime is omnipresent, but spacetime isn’t god.

That makes sense. How can god know what it’s like to not know something? So that would be something he cannot know and if he could know it, then it would mean there is something else he did not know.

But how you do connect omniscience to omnipresence?

Because God has to know all subjective states of ignorance to know all that is known in existence, if god doesn’t know them all, then it demonstrates a lack of omnipresence for intelligent beings, thus, a lack of omnipresence in general, or as far as we are concerned

The premises are correct because their rejection is paradoxical. Tell me which premise is incorrect, and I will show you how it’s rejection is impossible. So far, you’ve only focused on the premise that’s in relation to omniscience being meaningless, which I’ve addressed extensively.

You also brought in the concept of omnibenevolance as being problematic to a perfect being, which I addressed here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194327&start=25#p2709529

I’d say your use of the word infinite is wrong. Bear the following in mind when you read the rest of this post. You can never have two different things in the same place at at the same time. It would be paradoxical to say that you can. Bear the following key words/meanings in mind: Infinite (without beginning and without end) Semi-infinite (with a beginning but without an end) Finite (with both a beginning and an end)

The core argument+conclusion is as follows:

A) You can’t have two beings occupy the same place and time. B) You can’t have something come from nothing

This yields the following conclusion:

C) Only Existence is necessarily infinite in all dimensions. Any alternative to C will either lead to A or B or both. Try it, you’ll see.

Infinity has to be treated as a whole. It can’t be infinite in some dimensions whilst being finite or semi-infinite in others (absurdity B as you can’t have any dimension come from nothing or border non-existence) So it is necessarily infinite in all dimensions and can never be anything other than this and has never been anything other than this.

Bearing in mind A, no other being can be infinite in any dimension.

With regards to all dimensions, Existence is necessarily infinite. Consider time. You necessarily can’t have two infinite time lines as that amounts to A. But you can have two or more semi-infinite timelines within this infinite time line/dimension purely because an infinite time line allows for a semi-infinite amount of start points. Simply, this amounts to a semi-infinite amount of semi-infinite time lines. If there were no start points, then it’d be infinite and that would amount to A.

This applies to all dimensions. You can have a semi-infinite number of lines in/on any two dimensions. So long as it’s two dimensions or more and with a different start point, then no paradoxes occur.

If it’s two dimensions or more and with the same start point, then additional considerations go into place. Which I’ll discuss:

In a semi-infinite reality Q (one that’s semi-infinite in xyz and t, with start point Q = (QxQyQz and Qt)) you can have partially semi-infinite beings in relation to reality Q (beings that are Q-semi-infinite in some dimensions such as time, but Q-finite in other dimensions such as xyz, and you can have a semi-infinite number of these (let’s call them Q-immortals) Q-immortal beings.

Notice how I have attached Q to everything. It’s to signify that these immortals are all a part of this semi-infinite reality that is anchored/rooted in start point Q. All Q-immortals are somewhere on/equal to or after the start point QxQyQz Qt). No being in reality Q can be fully QxQyQz Qt because this amounts to paradox A. But you can have anything other than this. So you can have a semi infinite number of immortals that began when reality Q began. Call these Immortals Q1, and you can have this reality produce another set of immortals (the mechanisms of which don’t matter but let’s say some of the Q1 immortals gave birth to Q2 immortals) and so on semi-infinitely.

We talked about reality Q. Q is endlessly Q in xyz and t dimensions. It can produce partially semi-infinite Q-beings of its own as demonstrated with the Q-immortals. It can’t produce something that’s Q (xyz t) because that would amount to paradox A. Q-ness needs to separate all the things that it contains. But because Q-ness is endless, it can have an endless amount of Q anchored beings/realities. Amongst the things that it can contain: Anything that is less than/after than Q-ness, reality Q can accommodate.

Given what you’ve said in your previous posts, initially, to you it may look as though you can’t have a semi-infinite number of partially semi-infinite beings in reality Q that’s semi-infinite in the dimensions of space and time. It may look as though there’d be no room or space, but actually, there is. It ultimately amounts to this: There is endless space and time, so it can accommodate an endless number of spatially finite immortal beings. All these beings can be immortal (sharing this particular semi-infinite time line tied to reality Q). So long as both the reality that is semi-infinite in multiple dimensions and the immortal beings that inhabit it are anchored to the start point relative to Q, and the paradox of A is avoided, we’re well in line with the truth. That is the key difference between all beings/realities that are not God, and God. God necessarily has no start and no end point. Everything else necessarily has one (a start point) or both (a start point and an end point) in at least two or more of Existence’s/God’s dimensions.

That which is infinite can accommodate a semi-infinite number of these semi-infinite worlds. They all necessarily have to have a start point/tied/anchored in Existence/the infinite, but they don’t necessarily have to have an end point.

Semi-infinite = without end but with a beginning. The reason you can’t have an infinite number of beings is because there’s no room for such a possibility. The potential is not there. There’d be nothing to separate them. Everything must have at least two points in existence. If it didn’t have any points in Existence, then it would be Existence/infinity itself or absurdity/non-existence.

So that extensively addresses your misuse/misunderstanding of infinity.

With regards to God knowing what it’s like to not know something, we already discussed this extensively. A clear distinction was made between A) knowing x and not not knowing x at the same time (paradoxical) and B) knowing x and knowing what it’s like to not know x at the same time.

Circular but correct. Your misuse/misunderstanding of infinity make what you propose false/paradoxical/irrational.
I have addressed this.

I know perfection cannot be imperfection just as I know a square cannot be a circle. You can have a circle contain a square without the definition of the circle changing to something else. So long as the circle doesn’t change, it’s still circular regardless of what it contains or how that which it contains changes.

So, how much imperfection you ask? Perfection is that which is infinite/omnipresent/omnipotent/omniscient. Anything that doesn’t match this definition is not perfect. So long as these traits don’t change, perfection is maintained regardless of what it contains within it.

Existence is necessarily infinite in all dimensions. Paradoxical otherwise:
So i’d say your understanding of infinite is wrong. Bear the following in mind when you read the rest of this post. You can never have two different things in the same place at at the same time. It would be paradoxical to say that you can. Bear the following key words/meanings in mind: Infinite (without beginning and without end) Semi-infinite (with a beginning but without an end) Finite (with both a beginning and an end)

A) You can’t have two beings occupy the same place and time. B) You can’t have something come from nothing

C) Only Existence is necessarily infinite in all dimensions. Any alternative to C will either lead to A or B or both. Try it, you’ll see.

Infinity has to be treated as a whole. It can’t be infinite in some dimensions whilst being finite or semi-infinite in others (absurdity B as you can’t have any dimension come from nothing or border non-existence) So it is necessarily infinite in all dimensions and can never be anything other than this and has never been anything other than this.

With regards to all dimensions, Existence is necessarily infinite. Consider time. You necessarily can’t have two infinite time lines as that amounts to A. But you can have two or more semi-infinite timelines within this infinite time line/dimension purely because an infinite time line allows for a semi-infinite amount of start points. Simply, this amounts to a semi-infinite amount of semi-infinite time lines. If there were no start points, then it’d be infinite and that would amount to A.

This applies to all dimensions. You can have a semi-infinite number of lines in/on any two dimensions. So long as it’s two dimensions or more and with a different start point, then no paradoxes occur.

I addressed it here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194327&start=25#p2709529

In all dimensions. We know that we don’t everything about Existence (for example, how many senses are there, can it sustain a being with a 100 senses) these are unknowns. But what is know is that Existence has to be all-existing/omnipresent. Plus the other traits I’ve been mentioning. These are knowns because contrary to them with paradoxical. Unknowns are simply that, unknown, they don’t contradict the core traits of Existence.

Paradoxes are absurd. They will never make sense. Alway, it’s either a case of faulty observations, or unknowns. Never a case of absurdity. So with every example that you gave that appears to look like a contradiction/paradox, it is simply a matter of unknown or problems with the theory that’s being worked with. Again, if we observe something that appears to go in and out of Existence, we can never conclude this as it is absurd. We are forced to conclude the following:

A) Either it’s a case of faulty observation or
B) It’s a matter of unknown (particle went to an unknown dimension/reality or did something unknown)

Unknowns are unknown (we don’t know if they’re absurd are possible. We can’t apply reason to them as they are unknown). This is not the same as an absurdity where we have applied reason and it amounted to a paradox (faulty reasoning, or faulty positions of meanings/semantics, faulty use of language, faulty theories etc.)

Omnipresent entails being infinite in all dimensions. So that includes xyz and t plus possible unknowns. Omnipresence is not doubtable, it would be paradoxical.

How is does this render the nature of Existence as being anything other than infinite/omnipresent/omnipotent/omniscient?

You can be sure. Paradoxes are always impossible. We can say this with certainty just as we can say that reason is infallible. Our use of reason however, is not so infallible.

I do accept that we may mistakenly not see something as amounting to a paradox on initial glance and we may mistakenly consider some things as paradoxical that aren’t but this doesn’t alter the fact that paradoxes are always impossible.

Existence is necessarily infinite in all dimensions. Paradoxical otherwise:

Bear the following in mind when you read the rest of this post. You can never have two different things in the same place at at the same time. It would be paradoxical to say that you can. Bear the following key words/meanings in mind: Infinite (without beginning and without end) Semi-infinite (with a beginning but without an end) Finite (with both a beginning and an end)

Certainly real,

You didn’t answer my question, but for now it’s neither here nor there. I proved that there are subjective states god has no access to. Mine’s demonstrable, yours is not. Omniscience is a flawed premise. You even state yourself that none of us can be this, so it’s unfalsifiable by your own definition, but I did falsify omniscience by what we can all demonstrate. I don’t think you truly understand …

It is a PROOF that god has NEVER known what it’s like to not know something, but we have, and in an infinite cosmos, there are an infinite number of subjective states that god has 0% access to. This means that a human can judge a human better than god.

But… I’m going to blow your mind further …

Before I do, I need to say this!

To say that a perfect being planned all of this, and we should just accept it, is actually a really scary way to look at life, as in sadistic and psychopathic (“you don’t know, this is going to hurt, but it’s NECESSARILY for the BEST”). NO MEANS NO !!! There’s no other philosophy to be had there. Now you’re coming off as a serious creep. That’s your argument against omnibenevolence? Ouch man, psychopath cult leader vibes here.

Here’s what’s going to blow your mind:

Something that comes from something else came from nothing at all. Even if god does it.

I gave you a proof earlier and you ignored it.

If god knows every reason why god does what god does, and all of those reasons are internal, then god knows nothing about why there’s an external to act upon, which means there’s no otherness in existence.
This causes a state called logical Catatonia where the being in question cannot perceive existence.

Additionally, you confuse, “all the knowledge of existence is in existence”. With the statement, existence knows all the knowledge in existence.

You’re taking existence outside of itself, which you yourself said is impossible.

I still don’t see why knowledge is needed in order to exist. For instance, the Christian god is the technocrat who could explain how he created the universe, but the Hindu god would have no idea and he would say he just did it. Both gods exist everywhere: Yahweh exists everywhere by definition and Brahman exists everywhere because everything is made of Brahman, but he has no idea how he does anything just like you’ve no idea how you beat your heart. Existence doesn’t seem to be dependent upon knowledge (conceptual knowledge).

Infinity is not anything that can exist and is actually a result of the circularity of self-inspection (infinity is an error message). The day infinity exists is the day forever has arrived. It’s impossible.

Here is a good read on the topic theorangeduck.com/page/infinity-doesnt-exist

That wasn’t my point. Knowledge is needed in order to KNOW you exist, if I can disprove omnipresence of knowledge, I can disprove omnipresence in general.