Rap Battle #2

At first I thought you were dissing my style, implying that my raps were not hip hop.

But I think you are asking about my role-models/influences in hip hop. Is that right? Assuming that it is:

At the time of the first battle, I listed my influences, so that was where I was coming from in that battle. I don’t really listen to any of them anymore, but I’m sure the influence stuck.

More recently in the hip-hop genre, I’ve been listening to El-P, Run the Jewels, One Day as a Lion, Childish Gambino, and a French group called FAUVE, a couple South African zef rappers (Die Antwoord, Jack Parow). A lot of the hip hop I listen to is incidental, because I listen to a lot of glitch/IDM, and they often do hip hop collaborations or remixes (examples 1, 2, 3).

What about you?

The debate thread will be up either later today or early tomorrow, for battle to commence. :violence-duel:

Super dope, thanks Mags. Very much looking forward to it.

Ok

Never mind what I said, one influence in particular is RZA. I listed all the rappers that quite influenced my moods, I suppose.
It can all be very infantile, which is problematic now.
So the thing has begun? argh. I have little idea what lyrically to make of these subjects, the raps of the previous load seemed rather free, Ill imitate that.

If those topics don’t work for you, just do whatever. I mostly want to avoid trading rhyming insults.

let me use this beat for the first round. This is not mine, I wish to make such beats, these trap hihats are hard to make though, I wonder if they’re automated. Ive tried it in GarageBand, its not as easy to get it flowing as it seemed to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=6J46apO-Deo

I can work with that. Good contrast to the Phantogram beat I’ll use for Round 2.

Did we settle on Meeuw for round 3?

Looks I’ll end up using GarageBand too. I tried the online alternatives, but none seem to do sound recording, and the easiest local option was just to borrow a Mac.

Hah yeah garageband to the rescue.
Yes, Im happy with Meeuw for round 3.
All sounds good!

Boom!

Awesome, thanks Mags. I’ll be sure to give you shout-out!

audiomack.com/song/fixed-cross/ … ntestant-1

can’t access the thread MagsJ - maybe you can transpose this post.

soundcloud.com/taurusvision/ilp … -round-1-1

Sorry, lapse on my part, you should be able to post directly in that thread now.

Awesome track, lots to work with. Let me see what I can scrounge up for a reply; stay tuned.

thanks man!

yeah Im in.

When you have it send me the link to the second beat! Im curious what kind of mood it will be.

Here’s the beat for round 2, but I won’t get to working until next week. Hope to have round 1 response this weekend (12/16), and round 2 opener next weekend 12/23).

I like that beat a lot.

OK my laptop refuses to turn on again I’ve had this before when it had gotten cold but this is taking longer. A few hours now. I hope it hasn’t died. If it has I will have to request a nreak after the first round.

I’ll report developments in the machines vital signs.

Yeah, beat 2 for round 2 is v cool… love a good back beat.

Damn it, my laptop doesn’t seem to have the intention of coming alive.