There isn't really a muse thread.

Elevate form over function to get at less easily articulable truths.

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Meno_ » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:57 pm

I can only make an off the cuff remark , in reference to sailing through such a different medium.

The width of a vessel determines the possible speed it can navigate, and although although sailing ability here is minimal, the thinnest canues can be outfitted with sails , and navigated properly with skill.

How narrow can such vessel be constricted in practical terms?

But hypothetically, when accommodating a virtually paper thin robotic sliced reality , the speed can overcome most resistance.

Nearly miraculous.
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5590
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Mowk » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:26 pm

Both mediums sailed through are fluids, and an off shore breeze is unmistakable in direction. It's which direction the ethereal wind is blowing that makes it challenging. It is easy enough to find yourself stuck in irons.
Mowk
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm
Location: In a state of excessive consumption

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Meno_ » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:33 am

the lean of the boat has to be compensated for by quickly sitting on the side opposite to the slant.

Compensation of political bias, is at times opportune but only a way to regain lost substance below nomenclature.

Appearences often trump reality.

Changing with the direction of the wind does not necessarily abandon the original destination.

Though for most, such does not work, long term , if the destination has no more then nominal significance.

--------- ------- ----- ---- --



A grief ago,
She who was who I hold, the fats and the flower,
Or, water-lammed, from the scythe-sided thorn,
Hell wind and sea,
A stem cementing, wrestled up the tower,
Rose maid and male,
Or, master venus, through the paddler's bowl
Sailed up the sun;


Dylan Thomas
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5590
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Mowk » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:09 am

Hey Meno_

I appreciate the stretch to stay "in" a nautical theme, but a sailboat heels over; and from a landlubber perspective it does look an awful lot like leaning. One means of countering a hard heel is to have the weight shift itself as you suggest; less sail and a bit further off wind helps too, particularly single handed.

Politics, what does it accomplish?

Changing direction is the only way to sail into a wind. Chasing the wind, is an apt description of what sailing is. Literally and figuratively.
Mowk
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm
Location: In a state of excessive consumption

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:00 am

Mowk wrote:Regardless MagsJ, I'd rather it be left up to you and a sloth then to let some others make the choice.
Kind words.. humanity/people always prove that it's unwise to be too rash. :-k

Mowk wrote:MagsJ. Coasting is painfully apt. I admit to the point of life seeming rather obtuse, as if none exists.
It sounds like a case of having to get involved, so as for existence to be less obtuse/more experiential.

Mowk wrote:group hug; or are we alone?
..a question that's been asked since we realised that there was a whole universe full of other worlds beyond us. :lol:

Hugs :romance-grouphug:
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 18916
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Meno_ » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:42 am

here again it is never a problem of obtuse or? But obtuse and, by progressive realization that the choice is based not on singular, but progressively involved effects.

The most regressed lack of choice is still a choice, as the least realization of.corresponding historicallrepetitive patterns understood to be fixed like an idea fixee. There , repetitions become manifest and appearing as an absolute.

For instance, been impressed here in Hanoi, by some ideas related by some casual talk and observations of every day life, and getting a dose of real down to earth comparables between political contrast between the world's of social communism and capitalism:

Unlike in pre detante days in Europe, here is virtually no homelessness and I bet it's illegal to lay around streets doing nothing.They will either imprison you or cart you off to a mental facility. In the world of capitalistic society , there is freedom of choice, one can choose between the above two, and even express freedom in the more sublime and ethereal world of finding shelter in downtown shelters, (of which the supply is becoming rarer, as the corresponding demand is sharply rising, do somewhat to the changing perimeters of the downward mobility of the middle class).

Very general and somewhat casual observations.

Other thoughts are negative to the above, and some factored in casually, are affordability, repressive fair trade of values, reaction to ideologically replaced procedures and their replacement of them : as in creating more believable simulations of measured indexes of economic growth.

The 5 year's plans of yesteryears' allegedly always had to be fabricated to an equally measured corresponding qualified need.

In pre detente communism, the common saying went as follows: we work with such lack of enthusiasm, as to mirror the low level of our pay.
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5590
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Mowk » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:23 am

I am really attempting not to get paranoid here. But computers are not to be trusted. Well not the computer itself but what is allowed to run on it.

I've got an Adobe Flash Player (32-bit) app showing up in control panels. I have a 64-bit system.

Go to add remove programs and features and adobe flash is not listed, can't select it to remove it if it isn't listed, so no uninstaller.

On Adobe's website they have an "uninstall" process. Down load this file. Exit any program using flash. Run the uninstaller. Delete a directory in Windows/syswow64/macromed.

Try to remove that directory. Error process requires trustedinstaller permission.

Go into file properties, security, advanced, permissions to do it manually and the options are greyed out. Try to take ownership of the file and it is greyed out.

These are the processes prescribed by the vendors and they don't work to solve the removal of flash.

So here is what I am told flash does. Every flash enabled website exchanges a cookie with a folder on your computer and device. If flash was enabled in your browser it can control what hits you can see on the web.

So if I type "disgruntled flash users" in a browser search engine I only get results to install an updated flash. I'm sure there are plenty of users that are questioning Adobe Systems and Microsoft, but why can't I see their ideas represented in my browser?

It's like something is attempting to wash what ever "soul" is left out of me.

I teach Adobe Applications for a living. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign. Adobe was pretty cool to me at one time in my past. I was in computer sales in the early nineties, and had a direct line to support at Adobe systems. It seemed like I called, boots on the ground, and they answered. Their is a need for an elliptical dot in screen printing, and poof, I got an elliptical dot to sell.

I've been with the computer industry since 1983 when I first became interested in computer imagery and it's communication potential. In 1988 my future uncle in law sent me a copy of a beta version of Illustrator 88. He said as a graphic artist I should try it out. Computers were fairly expensive back then, but I managed to borrow some time on a Mac Plus to try it out. Computer programmers really didn't have a great handle on user interface back then.

Sure as a trained artist I brought some baggage along for the ride. Like all the experience I had before working with artistic mediums. I have played with a few. But it wasn't familiar at all. I couldn't cross an X on this tool. I filled out an evaluation. In the comments section I wrote something like; if you are going to release a tool for a specific use it could behave like expected. I have drawn a lot of curves in my time and it wan't anything like it.

In the mean time I got a computer. It was DOS based. There is still a layer of DOS however vamped to this day.

It is still possible to boot to a DOS command prompt in WIndows 10, it has become rather unintuitive to get to.

So I boot to a command prompt in safe mode without any non-microsoft drivers functioning and path to the drive and dirctory where macromed is found in a windows directory tree and it's not displayed. It is suppose to be in the syswow64 directory as listed by windows, but it doesn't get listed when executing a dir command at the command prompt with in the DOS command prompt shell.

Microsoft isn't taking about it on their webs community site nor do I find anything when searching Adobe.com. This is also the case when I have searched using the supposed anonymous web search engine duck duck go.

So tell me I am paranoid and post me some links on how to get flash off my computer.

And I am seriously wondering if I want to teach Adobe software any longer. I am enabling the taking advantage of individuals without their consent. Without their understanding. The world looks pretty fucked up from this perspective. And so many appear to have a devise of some kind glued to their hand.

Case in point. Our President. That's concerning. Yeah Trump is the President of the country that has claimed me it's citizen. I am owned by the United States of America, a slave of the shame of democracy that has been made of it. Politicians didn't orchestrate this. The love of power and greed has.

Piss off if that is what you want. No middle men wanted.
Mowk
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm
Location: In a state of excessive consumption

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Mowk » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:10 am

So here I am again. What am I worth?

Perhaps the purpose of life is to find more value, more worth. To become more then what was. That sort of smacks up against physics. Same matter/energy, different arrangement? More with the same resources? Follow that to it's logical conclusion and the resources wouldn't be required at all, therefore not very logical in the first place.

Carry on as you were, as if you need my permission, but I like to grant in mockingly anyway.

That's not at all fair. My ego likes to mock it anyway. It's on a short leash, but damn if that dog doesn't seem to like to wind itself between my legs, and the leash along with it.
Mowk
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm
Location: In a state of excessive consumption

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Meno_ » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:48 am

Mowk wrote:I am really attempting not to get paranoid here. But computers are not to be trusted. Well not the computer itself but what is allowed to run on it.

I've got an Adobe Flash Player (32-bit) app showing up in control panels. I have a 64-bit system.

Go to add remove programs and features and adobe flash is not listed, can't select it to remove it if it isn't listed, so no uninstaller.

On Adobe's website they have an "uninstall" process. Down load this file. Exit any program using flash. Run the uninstaller. Delete a directory in Windows/syswow64/macromed.

Try to remove that directory. Error process requires trustedinstaller permission.

Go into file properties, security, advanced, permissions to do it manually and the options are greyed out. Try to take ownership of the file and it is greyed out.

These are the processes prescribed by the vendors and they don't work to solve the removal of flash.

So here is what I am told flash does. Every flash enabled website exchanges a cookie with a folder on your computer and device. If flash was enabled in your browser it can control what hits you can see on the web.

So if I type "disgruntled flash users" in a browser search engine I only get results to install an updated flash. I'm sure there are plenty of users that are questioning Adobe Systems and Microsoft, but why can't I see their ideas represented in my browser?

It's like something is attempting to wash what ever "soul" is left out of me.

I teach Adobe Applications for a living. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign. Adobe was pretty cool to me at one time in my past. I was in computer sales in the early nineties, and had a direct line to support at Adobe systems. It seemed like I called, boots on the ground, and they answered. Their is a need for an elliptical dot in screen printing, and poof, I got an elliptical dot to sell.

I've been with the computer industry since 1983 when I first became interested in computer imagery and it's communication potential. In 1988 my future uncle in law sent me a copy of a beta version of Illustrator 88. He said as a graphic artist I should try it out. Computers were fairly expensive back then, but I managed to borrow some time on a Mac Plus to try it out. Computer programmers really didn't have a great handle on user interface back then.

Sure as a trained artist I brought some baggage along for the ride. Like all the experience I had before working with artistic mediums. I have played with a few. But it wasn't familiar at all. I couldn't cross an X on this tool. I filled out an evaluation. In the comments section I wrote something like; if you are going to release a tool for a specific use it could behave like expected. I have drawn a lot of curves in my time and it wan't anything like it.

In the mean time I got a computer. It was DOS based. There is still a layer of DOS however vamped to this day.

It is still possible to boot to a DOS command prompt in WIndows 10, it has become rather unintuitive to get to.

So I boot to a command prompt in safe mode without any non-microsoft drivers functioning and path to the drive and dirctory where macromed is found in a windows directory tree and it's not displayed. It is suppose to be in the syswow64 directory as listed by windows, but it doesn't get listed when executing a dir command at the command prompt with in the DOS command prompt shell.

Microsoft isn't taking about it on their webs community site nor do I find anything when searching Adobe.com. This is also the case when I have searched using the supposed anonymous web search engine duck duck go.

So tell me I am paranoid and post me some links on how to get flash off my computer.

And I am seriously wondering if I want to teach Adobe software any longer. I am enabling the taking advantage of individuals without their consent. Without their understanding. The world looks pretty fucked up from this perspective. And so many appear to have a devise of some kind glued to their hand.

Case in point. Our President. That's concerning. Yeah Trump is the President of the country that has claimed me it's citizen. I am owned by the United States of America, a slave of the shame of democracy that has been made of it. Politicians didn't orchestrate this. The love of power and greed has.

Piss off if that is what you want. No middle men wanted.




Got it, Mowk. You would not want to know what I do, but as of yet , neither do I
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5590
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Mowk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:35 am

It is likely I wouldn't believe anything someone thinks they know.
Mowk
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm
Location: In a state of excessive consumption

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Meno_ » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:36 am

That's perfect and in a good way, refreshingly true. And I don't think that at this point this needs further elucidation, for there really is no room for any misunderstanding.You may be slothful but You are thorough.

But then there is a difference:

I am dry without preference, and maybe that too is a blessing .
In guise?!?
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5590
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Mowk » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:20 am

Meno_

We have shared beliefs, and I'm wiling to continue to explore them. But I've got two peeves. The insanity that anyone would claim to Know and idiotic statements of the purpose of all life.

It becomes a rather recursively moot question. I don't think there is a singular purpose to it all. I think it's all gotta find an expression and well, here, a part of it is doing just that, and it is just a part of it doing it. I ain't quite ready for the full on assault. Couple more trips around the block and a walk in the woods. I am not particularly attached either way.
Mowk
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm
Location: In a state of excessive consumption

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Mowk » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:37 am

wonder if we all aren't creating our own little bubble of reality about us. I am curious what will happen when we attempt to burst our own bubble.
Mowk
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm
Location: In a state of excessive consumption

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Meno_ » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:51 am

Mowk wrote:wonder if we all aren't creating our own little bubble of reality about us. I am curious what will happen when we attempt to burst our own bubble.



I've burst mine, the only way You will find out what happens, is to burst Your bubble. But I'm not reccomending it.
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5590
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Meno_ » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:02 pm

Meno_ wrote:
Mowk wrote:wonder if we all aren't creating our own little bubble of reality about us. I am curious what will happen when we attempt to burst our own bubble.



I've burst mine, the only way You will find out what happens, is to burst Your bubble. But I'm not reccomending it.



Its like an existential leap, some never take, but really know, that the abyss is there and they may fall, but then the abyss simply returns a glare, and presents the perpetuate challenge.

The bottom line is, the inscrutable abyss, that one can never fathom, even dreams protect from hitting the bottom.

Have You ever had a dream like that?
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5590
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Mowk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:22 am

How do you know you've burst it?
Mowk
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm
Location: In a state of excessive consumption

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:49 am

You kind of know, when it happens and feel it, the pain, the joy, and all feelings , like Your approach to god, and God's nearness to you. Its indescribable. If I don't really know in the sense we ascribe to knowledge , then next time around , you'll be twice hesitant.
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5590
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Mowk » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:47 am

I regret the phrasing. An impossible query to make any sense of.
Mowk
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm
Location: In a state of excessive consumption

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Mowk » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:40 am

It's a guess. That's the only rule of this game. And it seems it's only purpose.

You guess wrong and an asteroid smacks upside your planet and shakes things up a bit. Rinse Repeat.

How many examples of life have there been? Forms of life that... didn't make the grade? Aren't living now?

I haven't quite got that piece to fit yet. It's like any particular form of life doesn't matter... all that matters is some form of life exists.

And the next question out of my mouth is why? An endless progression of what about me's? In a weird sort of third person way.
Mowk
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm
Location: In a state of excessive consumption

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Meno_ » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:40 am

I had an inkling You would reduce it to these terms.

Its right on track, predictable and the bottom line is the question -why is there there some thing in the first place.

This is where inquiry is totally stumped. Except, there IS some thing.
There is and it always was and will most.probably be.

For me, the question implied betwenn repetition, and nothingness relies on a non determined world, that presents itself 's. as is.

The argument would go down like this:

There is little doubt (in the Cartesian sense) that things exist, and any implication of 'God' flows out of this

What God is or is not, is another matter, but if we associate god with existence, as presented, then at least, that presumption is an absolute.

Of that is so, then an eternity can most certainly inferred, since a nothingness has never been experienced.
If temporal spaces is assumed, then an eternal return requores a continuum, since every experience can be and is broken down into segments,
segments which are spliced together even in one singular lifetime .(assuming the previous quantum-cosmic continua.)

I know this is arguable , and I am sure Mowk, there are holes in the argument, but they only mirror the universal possibility implicit In-It's-self.
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5590
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Mowk » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:56 am

I think you are being too familiar. LOL. Aware enough of patterns, but picking me out of a crowd? Hang out on a forum long enough and someone will figure out what buttons can be pushed.

I'm not at all sure >this< is indeterminate, in perhaps the sense you suggest, could god lose it's life? Could it guess wrong just once and poof, along comes the metaphorical meteor and snuffsville. Nothing left to write home about, ... anywhere. It seems the vary ideas them selves would wrestle out between the potential outcomes. The physical expression of it isn't needed. Ideas could struggle with ideas and not require any space at all.

But then some jack ass comes along and says prove it. (I couldn't help but to smile very broadly, typing that).

It seems a more reasonable purpose to all of this, is in the proof, all of this existed. But I'm just guessing. Collectively as expressions of life we have taken note.
Mowk
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm
Location: In a state of excessive consumption

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Mowk » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:20 am

it's a good guess and a comforting package.
Mowk
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm
Location: In a state of excessive consumption

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Meno_ » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:34 pm

Mowk wrote:it's a good guess and a comforting package.




And, in a sense, a coverall security blanket. But then , so is Civilisation. Other than that, is there a difference, or, should there be between affording our children the benefit of an upbringing in a cave, or one in the light of familiar surroundings?

We need boundaries, by mutual benefit, and the terms are negotiable .

But I'm not writing as though , in between on a fine lines on the bottom of the page.
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5590
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Mowk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:30 am

Mowk wrote:
it's a good guess and a comforting package.





And, in a sense, a coverall security blanket. But then , so is Civilisation. Other than that, is there a difference, or, should there be between affording our children the benefit of an upbringing in a cave, or one in the light of familiar surroundings?

We need boundaries, by mutual benefit, and the terms are negotiable .


Yeah, feels like I've been in on some of that negotiation. Before you have asked I have answered jazz. That blanket you mention hasn't kept me all that warm but we do feel secure. Just leaves room for other things to be concerned with.

What have you asked for with your "soul" if there were such a thing?

I got the two things in this life I have ever asked for at that sort of level. My brother is alive, and a lot of shit makes sense, still don't know anything. I don't even get along with him all that well anymore.
Mowk
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:17 pm
Location: In a state of excessive consumption

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:46 pm

What have you asked for with your "soul" if there were such a thing?


Some proof,

Overcoming,

& Justice.

Based on an absolute correspondence. between the cosmic and the ontological certainty, as they near that absolute
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5590
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Writing



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users