Synthetic Food

Sorry, If that were the only difference and you could throw what ever financial resources in that direction that you could. I can’t speak for any other living form but thanks. Being eaten is not high on my to do list.

What if you could never have any life at all…OR…you could have a few good years of relaxing and grazing in a nice field where someone made sure you were healthy and fat but then you had to be eaten? Which would you choose?

I have posted on this circumstance before.

I don’t like it here one bit. I had no voice in being here. when the reaper comes it doesn’t hear no. And I’m not having much fun. Maybe some small amount of fun and I likely totally underestimate it’s fun as significant. I’ve got an ego that can match all others. No, I haven’t yet figured out that life is fun paradox.

If reincarnation were real I’m stuck in a 37,000 year loop.

I’m looking for teachers. Out of clues.

You mean like yourself? Or if you were a cow? Either way that’s pretty depressing. But wouldn’t life be inherently better than no life? Even if it weren’t fun?

You are a smart bloke. No, I don’t think having lived some , that some life is better then no life.

The inanimate stage is just as fascinating.

Non living matter, sort of gets left out of all the fun.

If some life isn’t any better than no life, then what do we lose by killing a baby cow? An I eat inanimate things too. I don’t discriminate.

perhaps the difference is overplayed.
A tree turns falls into substratum and fossilized into carbon. The pressures attained after drifting lower into the earth turns the carbon into diamond.
It takes may be hundreds of millions of years for it to take place, and not all organic material is placed under so much pressures.

bon appetit

You can’t eat diamonds, but you can trade them for a lot of food.

I don’t speak for any form of life but mine.

If me and the maker are having an issue, that has nothing to do with any other life. Don’t use my choice about my life in any regard as an excuse to how you tr-eat any other living thing. Get yourself up real close and personal with you.

Your life is yours to do with as you wish. If there is ability, cut the rest of life a similar slack. Crave what you will.

Man always makes a mess of things. Synthetic food will probably be cancerous, deficient, toxic and produce all kinds of problems, but these problems, which’ll be suppressed by the synthetic food companies, won’t be ascertained for decades or even centuries after it comes out, and a great deal of damage has already been done.

Of course. Duh!

The we used to eat, at least, was food that came from organisms that we coevolved with and which changed very slowly over time, and the changes had to be harmonic to the organisms as a whole. IOW they had to thrive, be able to procreate, and so on. Now companies notorious for lying, fudging science, controlling their own oversight and breaking the law are making fake food, doing it fast, jamming it onto markets. And they push this ‘we are saving the world’ when in fact it is just about money.

What gives food manufacturers the authority to peddle their synthetic wares? and how very Star Trek food-replicator of them… minus the instant appearance factor.

The current state of food manufacturing processes are causing illnesses, and yet they still persevere in aiming for full synthesisation.

It seems there is more apprehension with the processing then the product.

Markets being what they are, you’re already playing in a rigged market. That’s a given huh?

Blimey.

Some body is buying it.

I’ll put my time up in exchange for anyone’s time, even trade.

That’s what will never happen and gives us the silly notion any natural resources have actual costs.

Somebody had to go and think they had more value…

And that someone else has less.

Until there is no perceived difference, the shit will continue.

Natural is usually more preferred except at certain times, as the following describes: (warning::: Not Overly salient or appetizing!)

Resently the following nutritional posting have uncovered the following:

Meat from China shipped to Africa, have been discovered to contain human remains, rather beef for preparation of corned beef.

As at turned out, such practice has not been noted before, and it came as a certain surprise to meat inspectors. With China’s population soaring into the many billions, added with Buddhist believes surrounding it, it the surprise is do.finished somewhat.

The above is predicated on economic considerations: of reusability. The re-use of bodies is a.conservativen effort to preserve the ingredients from which synthetic foods are manufactured , (seriously,) whereas recyclimg bodies has a never ending potential.

The Buddhist example is apropo, in Tibet, a dead person’s back is broken, them carried to the top of a mountain and left to feed carrions.

do owe an apology, for it appears beyond understanding in the Western mode of apprehension to entertain such notions, but the East handles matters like this with a completely different approach , and it does coincide with their belief systems.
The Chinese decision to reverse the law that forced a 1 parent family and subsequent population growth causing food source concerns, now systemic worldwide, brings new focus.

If it absolutely could, I would, but I doubt they’ll be able to anytime soon, if ever.

If it’s natural arsenic, no.

But when you are synthesizing incredibly complicated ‘products’ the liklihood that you create allergins or chemicals that will cause problems, perhaps only after years of use, go up. We coevolved with many of our food sources and our bodies developed in relation to the chemicals in those life forms. Companies today want us to believe they can track all the side effects of their crap shoot manufacturing and tinkering. Science does not back them up, despite what they argue, especially around gm products.

Arsenic has it’s place, naturally.

I think I prefaced the question with a fairly big IF. To respond, would be to accept the possibility of that IF, then see. If you can’t even accept the premise, well, that says a lot. And if you can’t tell the difference that says more.