The Iron Gods, the Earthy Gods

The only natural occurrence of number 9 that I can think of is 9 (lunar) months in a human pregnancy.
Also, nine is synonymous with “new”.

As for gods mentioned, it would have been logical to assign moon to god Poseidon as it affects the tides.

Yes, Poseidon would have fit this profile.

yes

en.es-static.us/upl/2014/05/full … temple.jpg

The Greeks are the only ones that built temples that make me aware of who they are. Perhaps because they are most like me, I would like that. Perhaps because they were the most human of all races. They feared with open eyes.

youtu.be/w88F3kh2J9o?t=422

9 has much the same properties as 1 in the binary system of counting.

Before you get so excited about a number, remember its base: 9 is 9 base 10, which is the same as saying it’s the number before you add 1 to the next order of magnitude and reset the current order of magnitude.

This is why the binary 1 has a lot of the same properties, as would 8 in nonal or 15 in hexadecimal.

Your number array in nonal:

Ooo isn’t 8 magical :astonished:

9 means “new” because when you count in 4s e.g. by touching each of your fingers with your thumb to count “1” etc. you do the first batch on hand 1 and the 2nd on hand 2. After the number of fingers, f, multiplied by the number of hands, h, “new”, n=fh+1. In the current human case it’s n=(4x2)+1=9. This method of counting is actually where the e.g. French “neuf” derives from, which no doubt spills over many different languages, but unsurprisingly not all.

Its not quite the same, is it.
A 3 base system would be more proper to what you’re trying to say, more symmetrical.

3 base:

Exciting!

Both my nonal and ternary versions prove my point. Nine is not special, unless it is base 10, sorry. Otherwise other numbers are special in the same way.

Im so sorry your mental health keeps deteriorating.

Patients like you, there is evidently no point to pointing out that you missed the point.
I tried to be delicate.

In as far as you are still able to control yourself, I request that you try to keep away from my threads. I ask this of all fascists and illiterates.

Are you ok, Jakob?

Your recent turn is kinda worrying me, genuinely.

How bout this thought?

If the Moon directs the life of women in a sense, or is the most determining factor, is somehow the most central thing, does it not make sense that the Moon is a man?

The moon is associated with female on the account that its orbit is similar to human female menstrual cycle (28 days on average). It is possible that it was not always the case.
The menstrual cycle in our closest primate relatives (chimps) is slightly longer. Perhaps the menstrual cycle in the human females has evolved, or changed over time.

pin.primate.wisc.edu/aboutp/anat/menstrual.html

It has been assumed the lunar gender switch happened when man switched from hunter gatherer lifestyle to farming. The change in nutrition may have shortened the menstrual cycle of the human female to incidentally conicide with the lunar cycle. Unfortunately, there is not much info available on the length of menstrual cycle of pre agricultural females, so it’s just a guess. It would explain why emphasis was on protective, rather than reproductive aspects of the moon; or, in other words, there simply may not have been any such existing comparisons.
(I may look into it some more)

This is an interesting read (on hunter gatherer child bearing and raising):
google.com/amp/s/motherhood … acing/amp/

I’ll give that a read.

I think it goes beyond menstrual cycles. Women I have met who are into astrology tend without fail to give most importance to the Moon, and the enthusiasm or feeling is very palpable. I think if you want to find an academic explanation, it probably has to do with cycles in a much broader context than menstruation. How women, not having a lot of testosterone, feel more at the mercy of the world and its waves, so the Moon, which regulates so closely the behavior of the world, is their friend par exelence. It puts the world in their favor, it is the uncontrolable outside world giving cycles and influences that contribute to fertility and general maintenance of life. It is FOR life, an external non-enemy.

This would be even more important in a nomadic hunter gatherer society. You are more at the mercy of the world, not less.

But it does not explain the appearent gender switch of moon (and sun) in some cultures. Arabic cultures (who have always been quite keen on astronomy) still use lunar calendar, and in Arabic the moon (qamar) is still male, and sun (shams) is female.

actually the sun and moon underwent operations to become transgender. they realized the only way to resolve the conflicts between cultures which still assign different genders to them, they’d have to become both genders. the operations were celestial and the results were stellar… although the bill was astronomical, as you can imagine. the gravity of this has only just begun affecting the tax payers who paid for the procedures.

you think the sun and moon looked good before, you ought to see them now. they’re heavenly bodies.

You beat me to that joke.

PIR

Since neither sun nor moon have actual genders, the attributions tell of what kind of experience the male and female lives are in different cultures.

The lunar male is no stranger to us nocturnal philosophers.

Welcome to Moon 1

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHZLhPbxitw[/youtube]

This show continues to be the best spiritual narrative of our age.

♃ ᚦ ☉
sendvid.com/b645rgd7