Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Artimas » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:18 pm

So I am putting this topic in the mind section due to my pondering about the psyche.

My last two trips have shaken me, it did not truly terrify or scar me but they put things into perspective most definitely.

I did lsd a while ago, probably a month or two ago.. It shook my entire existence and blank slated me.. I saw horror in what made me feel or think "it's all worth it", living this simple life full of complexities here on Earth, that are at least, mostly, manageable. It slapped me hard, very hard. I was the embodiment of "it"... The spectator.. The god, subconscious or Whatever you want to call it in your language or perception.

I was disassociated with my identity.. I could see in my mind a group of humans, thinking I can do whatever I want and existence is what I make out of it so build something great, I could see these people in my mind, a huge group, building stone statues/structures or having wars and doing whatever it may be that they have done in ancients past but while seeing this it was sped up like being played on a recorder and hit fast forward, it was all for it, it has been watching the entire time.. Our existence and progress.. It was with a sense of urgency of course, as if it were telling me my and the species capabilities and that something must be done or when we band together we are very powerful.

I smoked Dmt yesterday and it showed me death and the despair in what could be, the dimensions of nothingness, chaos, the void.. as if to make me understand to the extent of what I currently can, to appreciate being on Earth here, it felt as if my brain hurt from comprehension or my trying too comprehend and stretch myself.. The feeling is painful, it showed me that when two substances mix there is no going back, so if I understood I cannot be here on earth anymore in a sense, perhaps, the reaction may not be one that is willfully sought. There were lines everywhere and patterns, I was in different dimensions in my mind, I open my eyes and it is a mixture of reality and these patterns.. I felt panicked on this journey, it is near if not incomprehensible.. I felt as if there were entities in each one of these dimensions even though I did not go into one dimension specifically, it was as if I was in an escalator or a waiting line that moves, showing me just a glimpse of all of these places.. Even the white room of nothingness, it showed me reality is what we make it, existence.. But it can be much more terrible than this, much... Much more incomprehensible.. I had already known these simple facts but the point is to understand and so it slapped me like the silly human I am, it has felt like I have died, pieces of me lost in these trips even if nothing really has been lost but instead something gained or so I hope..

I feel as if I am at the limit of my minds power in terms of figuring out myself and it's power and that is why this trip was similar to my lsd trip but just a lot more potent. I felt like lady galadriel in LOTR, seeing silver and the screaming.. It feels as if I do not have much left to pursuit that I can comprehend with this mind of homosapien and is this not the urgency one feels to continue evolving but not being able to due too societies mundane redundancy?.. Does anyone else feel at the end? Is understanding that life is entropy/agony, the beginning and the end?

https://youtu.be/K3VOf3CBGvw
On my lsd trip, this is how powerful it felt but it felt like my mind is merely a rubber band and i was trying to stretch or snap it by understanding more beyond.. I saw silver everywhere and held my head groaning, I heard noise like how she yells in this scene. It felt as if I am god but also have my limits of individuality of course..

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3767
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Meno_ » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:55 am

Hi Artimas,


I overdosed on LSD long time ago, and I did die, those who worked on me told me. It was death, literally a seat trip 1000mg. Left me permanently tripped out, with dangerous flashbacks, but generally cam go up very naturally, in fact I never really can come down. I was told 1000 was near fatal death, so no one was surprised.

And the whole thing started in about 30 minutes sedately enough, with a mandala with many dimensions, each dimension having a lot of activity if I looked there.

But strangely as looked at, each lived dimension split into more many more, and knowing that in order to avoid eternal splitting, I had to go outside, which I couldn't, or go to the source. The source turned out to be a goddess, like a female buddbic figure, which I knew would consume me I I don't get out of that. But knowing I already tried to go outward , the gravity of the situation was so strong that I was frozen until dying.I never tried it again, and grass was my choice since then. 1000 mg may have been a lot then, I was told it was a lot stronger back then in the sixties.

Now high is my only choice so I figure I my going down there was a lot more dangerous then out.
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Artimas » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:03 am

Meno_ wrote:Hi Artimas,


I overdosed on LSD long time ago, and I did die, those who worked on me told me. It was death, literally a seat trip 1000mg. Left me permanently tripped out, with dangerous flashbacks, but generally cam go up very naturally, in fact I never really can come down. I was told 1000 was near fatal death, so no one was surprised.

And the whole thing started in about 30 minutes sedately enough, with a mandala with many dimensions, each dimension having a lot of activity if I looked there.

But strangely as looked at, each lived dimension split into more many more, and knowing that in order to avoid eternal splitting, I had to go outside, which I couldn't, or go to the source. The source turned out to be a goddess, like a female buddbic figure, which I knew would consume me I I don't get out of that. But knowing I already tried to go outward , the gravity of the situation was so strong that I was frozen until dying.I never tried it again, and grass was my choice since then. 1000 mg may have been a lot then, I was told it was a lot stronger back then in the sixties.

Now high is my only choice so I figure I my going down there was a lot more dangerous then out.


Yeah I smoke cannabis and sometimes dabble with other stuff, nothing too extreme though. My last few trips have been crazy rides but ultimately life is the trip and it is crazy being able to watch it go down and live it at the same time.
Last edited by Artimas on Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3767
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Meno_ » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:07 am

Just found the doses:

When users pass the 1,000 microgram threshold they may begin to exhibit respiratory stress or even pass out.
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Artimas » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:21 am

Meno_ wrote:Just found the doses:

When users pass the 1,000 microgram threshold they may begin to exhibit respiratory stress or even pass out.

I took a 10 strip of Lsd once but not even that fully compares to dmt.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3767
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Meno_ » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:41 am

Well, 10 strips = more or less 1000 micro grams of LSD. If DMT is so much stronger , did the thought of panic occur to You ? Were You alone or with company? Athmosphere can make a huge difference.
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Artimas » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:45 am

Meno_ wrote:Well, 10 strips = more or less 1000 micro grams of LSD. If DMT is so much stronger , did the thought of panic occur to You ? Were You alone or with company? Athmosphere can make a huge difference.

I was with my gf. A bit panicked, dmt is the strongest hallucinogenic known to man so far.. It is released when near death and also when dreaming supposedly. Yeah this last lsd trip I only took 2 tabs but they were really strong I guess. Dmt is probably about x10 stronger than lsd too. Ayahuasca.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3767
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Pandora » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:38 pm

To all you psychonauts,

I’m market analogy, there are no discounts in reality, there is only one price, and it’s non-negotiable. You’re seeking deep truths when all the answers are laid out before you in plain sight, except that they are high cost and maintenance, for which you don’t want to (or cannot) pay. There is a saying in the marketing world: if you’re not paying for the product, you are the product. And so it is in reality- there are no free rides, as somebody will have to pay, with something. (And most of humanity has been on such a quest, a quest for imaginary leverage over reality (a free ride), even as getting itself deeper and deeper into evolutionary debt.)

Your real issue is not not knowing the deep truths or alternate spirit worlds or whatnot, as if reality is playing hide and seek with you, but the unwillingness to pay the full price. So your real intention in doing drugs is to seek escape and confirmation; but in so doing, you are just transferring the difference of the cost unto yourself qualitatively (i.e., by deceiving/compromising yourself).

Even the white room of nothingness, it showed me reality is what we make it, existence..
...mmkay... Just know this, space cadet - the interest rate is still in force, and rising. Some day, the debt will be collected, and it will be in blood price.
Happy trips!
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Silhouette » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:33 pm

Pandora wrote:So your real intention in doing drugs is to seek escape and confirmation; but in so doing, you are just transferring the difference of the cost unto yourself qualitatively (i.e., by deceiving/compromising yourself).

Not necessarily true.

Is visiting another country, trying a new activity, eating a new food an escape? Of course not.

Sailing the psyche, as you call it (a nice alliteration said this way I think, in place of patronisation), is expanding your exposure to experiences in just the same way - but moreso. Quite clearly you are not acquainted with the ground beneath your high horse in this case, or you would both understand and respect the spoils of exploring the lengths, depths and breadths of what the mind can do - far beyond what trying a new thing can do in normal life in fact.

In trying these things you are living more, not merely deferring death. There are things to undergo that you never even knew you could from undergoing even the most adventurous of lives, and I would never take back even my limited knowledge of this fact. And beyond simply experiencing more things, LSD can complete you, or at least develop you many levels beyond your normal boundaries, which you probably aren't even aware of yet.

Don't act so self-righteous before you know what you're talking about in good faith, it's really annoying.
User avatar
Silhouette
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3974
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 1:27 am
Location: Existence

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Pandora » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:03 am

Quite clearly you are not acquainted with the ground beneath your high horse in this case, or you would both understand and respect the spoils of exploring the lengths, depths and breadths of what the mind can do.
. Your kind is the one that’s riding the imaginary flying horse, and doesn’t even have the decency to admit that you’re stuck in the illusion. One does not need drugs to realize the basic facts of life.
And beyond simply experiencing more things, LSD can complete you.
. That’s not what life is, or is about. Only death can “complete” you. Everything else is just an illusion. Your dilemma is that you don’t want to suffer, and you also don’t want to die. Same things with video games- safe virtual lives, with fake struggles and fake, self-flattering and illusory victories, neither this nor that. Another illusion out of many.

Don't act so self-righteous before you know what you're talking about in good faith, it's really annoying.
. Of course, you don’t like being annoyed, except when it’s on your terms. That’s one reason for escapism.
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Artimas » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:16 am

Pandora wrote:To all you psychonauts,

I’m market analogy, there are no discounts in reality, there is only one price, and it’s non-negotiable. You’re seeking deep truths when all the answers are laid out before you in plain sight, except that they are high cost and maintenance, for which you don’t want to (or cannot) pay. There is a saying in the marketing world: if you’re not paying for the product, you are the product. And so it is in reality- there are no free rides, as somebody will have to pay, with something. (And most of humanity has been on such a quest, a quest for imaginary leverage over reality (a free ride), even as getting itself deeper and deeper into evolutionary debt.)

Your real issue is not not knowing the deep truths or alternate spirit worlds or whatnot, as if reality is playing hide and seek with you, but the unwillingness to pay the full price. So your real intention in doing drugs is to seek escape and confirmation; but in so doing, you are just transferring the difference of the cost unto yourself qualitatively (i.e., by deceiving/compromising yourself).

Even the white room of nothingness, it showed me reality is what we make it, existence..
...mmkay... Just know this, space cadet - the interest rate is still in force, and rising. Some day, the debt will be collected, and it will be in blood price.
Happy trips!


Drugs are merely tools used to shift perception/perspective, psychedelics especially. I think they have been shaping man for a very long time, drugs that are more symbolic, like the fly agaric/amanita muscaria, a mushroom that pagans used to eat, they'd drink deer urine after the deer ate the mushroom raw and converted the ibotenic acid to muscimol, this is where reindeer mythology or its symbolism came from. Flying reindeer, flight(heightened sense of perception) deer (converter of mushroom into psychedelic substance naturally.)

Oh I am well aware there is a price to be paid, it is my life, you see. When one lives to understand, correlate and transfer truths to others in a language they may understand, one must sacrifice their own life in regards to remaining unbiased, shaped as less as possible or at least train the self to understand all realistic possibilities before making a choice. I already pay the full price by forced participation in an existence of agony for its expansion, I give the subconscious what it wants, a translator dedicated to change, once all is aligned we will have achieved it's goal. Nature works against us to evolve us, the lessons have clearly been duly noted by humanity, I am here as its speaker, so to speak, as well as some others. This state is achievable by any man or woman who has curiosity and seeks to understand for the sake of understanding.

Is what you understand, Pandora, backed by an image? A grand symbol? Do you see the picture as if it were before you like a painting? This stems from the subconscious, these feelings, these symbols. Psychedelics are merely a tool for the conscious individual to communicate with the subconscious.

What's there to be afraid of with death? The only thing I truly fear, is a life wasted, which how can mine be wasted for such a grand cause, one of education? Oh wait, it already is wasted, that's the sacrifice, to try and steer an ignorant species out of their misconceived steps to evolution but onto the accurate ones, a full path to self. It being a waste is merely a nihilistic viewpoint, for a grand cause, a just sacrifice.

I knew before any psychedelic, I go merely for the experience and speaking to my subconsciousness, it puts things into perspective, that's all it is, the evidence.
Last edited by Artimas on Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3767
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Meno_ » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:23 am

Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Silhouette » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:24 am

Pandora wrote:Your kind is the one that’s riding the imaginary flying horse, and doesn’t even have the decency to admit that you’re stuck in the illusion. One does not need drugs to realize the basic facts of life.

Actually I think it's you who's flying an imaginary horse...
and stuck in an illusion.

Only Pandora can open that box. You don't need drugs to realise the basic facts of life, and that's fine if that's as far as you care to take it. I just don't think you should be lecturing those who took it further from behind that safe line of yours.

Pandora wrote:That’s not what life is, or is about. Only death can “complete” you. Everything else is just an illusion. Your dilemma is that you don’t want to suffer, and you also don’t want to die. Same things with video games- safe virtual lives, with fake struggles and fake, self-flattering and illusory victories, neither this nor that. Another illusion out of many.

I'm not saying you need to be completed in life, I'm just glad I did that while I'm alive...

What's this obsession with death? LSD can help you with that, by the way. I'm not so sure anyone wants to die - those who take their lives primarily just don't want to live in the way they are living as far as I understand it, but again, LSD can change the way that you live it - and if you haven't tried it then you don't know what I'm talking about. That's fine. It's quite different from a video game, darling. Please... very different. Again, you don't know.

Pandora wrote:Of course, you don’t like being annoyed, except when it’s on your terms. That’s one reason for escapism.

I like being annoying when it's on my terms? Ok...
I don't like people preaching against things they don't know about, even if I don't like them - actually.
User avatar
Silhouette
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3974
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 1:27 am
Location: Existence

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Artimas » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:37 am

We're literally a dream of ourselves, expanding ourselves micro and macro in fragmentation, when one does a psychedelic, it heightens ones current conscious perception of and in the dream, "reality", it's just evidence, proof, it is the literal to match the metaphorical. Evidence for the how, why, what, who, when, where. Isn't it mainstream Science and Govt, asking for these answers in a literal sense but then illegalize them to maintain a basic, simplistic perception/perspective? To keep man on a redundant cycle of ignorance and true death of which is the death that most truly fear? A ceasing of self by only acting as a mere vessel for another's ideas.

Another point as well, I nearly forgot. Dmt is already released in our brain, it's how we may perceive what death and dreams are, a crucial molecule that's apart of the receiver(body) for the subconscious' use. Dmt is in all living things, apparently.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3767
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Artimas » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:20 am

Meno_ wrote:https://youtu.be/rnKbImRPhTE

Good song, good messaging.

https://youtu.be/NFeUko-lQHg

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3767
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Pandora » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:21 am

Dmt is already released in our brain.

It is released in a sensory deprived environment, which was used as punishment in order to break people down and drive them crazy.

Actually I think it's you who's flying an imaginary horse...
and stuck in an illusion.
. If you believe that what you see in your trips is a reflection of reality your perception has been compromised already. I also believe substance induced schizophrenia is a real thing.

It's quite different from a video game, darling.
In either case, you’re choosing to engage a fantasy world, instead of real one.
I just don't think you should be lecturing those who took it further from behind that safe line of yours
Self-mutilation as courage? Is this the best you can do in life? Well, bravo then!

This is what kind of “revelations” that drug use leads to. Crossing of the brain wires and detachment from reality.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3Vzut ... b6Q/videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVZVM801ULc
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Meno_ » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:12 am

Artimas wrote:
Meno_ wrote:https://youtu.be/rnKbImRPhTE

Good song, good messaging.

https://youtu.be/NFeUko-lQHg




https://youtu.be/rm9coqlk8fY

Better
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Artimas » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:02 am

Pandora wrote:
Dmt is already released in our brain.

It is released in a sensory deprived environment, which was used as punishment in order to break people down and drive them crazy.

Actually I think it's you who's flying an imaginary horse...
and stuck in an illusion.
. If you believe that what you see in your trips is a reflection of reality your perception has been compromised already. I also believe substance induced schizophrenia is a real thing.

It's quite different from a video game, darling.
In either case, you’re choosing to engage a fantasy world, instead of real one.
I just don't think you should be lecturing those who took it further from behind that safe line of yours
Self-mutilation as courage? Is this the best you can do in life? Well, bravo then!

This is what kind of “revelations” that drug use leads to. Crossing of the brain wires and detachment from reality.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3Vzut ... b6Q/videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVZVM801ULc


Detachment from reality? What is reality, Pandora? Are you saying a dream is less real than reality, when reality is also a dream, just in a collective state with implemented fragmented diversity? Disassociation from ego is hardly detachment of reality, that's like saying an animal isn't real because it has no ego, or a tree. Define, reality. Is reality only what is physically available? Then why have ideas or a subconscious? Why not have everything already available without the need of a subconscious or state of duality, why the need or ability to think and project into a physical world?

Schizophrenia and psychosis/extreme mental disorders, are available through psychedelic usage only by being already integrated into the users genetics, so basically, a psychedelic will only drive you to psychosis if you were heading there anyways, it merely speeds up the manifestation of disorder by pulling out genetics.

This "fantasy" world is already apart of a "real" one, whence cometh the substance, if not?

Sensory deprived environment is also used to meditate and reflect, which is more likely than to drive one crazy, if someone wants to drive one crazy they can do so through much easier methods, we see some examples in everyday society already, do we not? Are we not sensory deprived in a society focused on distraction? You can't even see the stars from the city and you talk to me about Dmt being used to deprive senses, where is that study? I can show you the study they found dmt in rat brains in their pineal glands where melatonin and serotonin are secreted. You think this is all coincidental or?

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3767
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Prismatic567 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:11 am

Artimas wrote: It felt as if I am god but also have my limits of individuality of course..

I have doing loads of research on this subject but have never taken any related drugs.
I have experienced DMT-liked experiences [I believe very mild ones] from various meditations and breathing techniques.

From what you have experienced would you agree with my [& others] hypothesis,
most of the founders of religions and spirituality, notable theistic ones, would [or may] have similar experiences of being God or God was speaking to them where they have chanced upon such God related experiences from the following;

    -ingestion of hallucinogens [accidentally or deliberately]
    -suffering from temporal epilepsy
    -tumor around the temporal area
    -undue stress
    -schizo and the likes
    -others

Note this recent NGEO video;

Medical Reason for Visions? | The Story of God
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZUEy0DkXAo
This guy has a tumor [shown in MRIs] around his temporal lobe that triggered all sorts of god related and psychedelic experiences.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2515
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Artimas » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:44 pm

Prismatic567 wrote:
Artimas wrote: It felt as if I am god but also have my limits of individuality of course..

I have doing loads of research on this subject but have never taken any related drugs.
I have experienced DMT-liked experiences [I believe very mild ones] from various meditations and breathing techniques.

From what you have experienced would you agree with my [& others] hypothesis,
most of the founders of religions and spirituality, notable theistic ones, would [or may] have similar experiences of being God or God was speaking to them where they have chanced upon such God related experiences from the following;

    -ingestion of hallucinogens [accidentally or deliberately]
    -suffering from temporal epilepsy
    -tumor around the temporal area
    -undue stress
    -schizo and the likes
    -others

Note this recent NGEO video;

Medical Reason for Visions? | The Story of God
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZUEy0DkXAo
This guy has a tumor [shown in MRIs] around his temporal lobe that triggered all sorts of god related and psychedelic experiences.


It seems you are attempting at chalking it up to mental illness or solely due to the brain, which isn't the case. The brain doesn't manifest consciousness, consciousness manifests into the brain, otherwise, how would we have very much /aware/ plants and animals, some who have no brains or ego, they are close to nature, innocent aspects of the subconscious, children as well, why are children innocent you may ask? Because they have no ego, they're purely manifested as the subconscious until a certain age, when the brain develops to grant them ego and full consciousness. This shows proof of what I state, observable to any human who wishes to see the connections. Imagination, dreams, love, etc. All things a child can feel without having fully developed, right? Know why? Because the unconscious mind is what brings this all about, not the other way around. It's evolution. Chaos and order, subconscious and conscious, do you see how we are on the third step (physically manifested) trying to get to the 4th? Problem is, we have been on repeat on this 3rd step for a very, very long time and Nature is tired of repetition. Trial and error, so pick what you wish to be and better choose quick before it picks for you because it often chooses error and wipes the earth clean or tries, has it not before?

The brain is merely a tool granted in our body by evolution and subconscious/nature, it breaks down chemicals to function in a physical and chemically stabled world, without a body we couldn't exist physically, right? But consciousness does, to say it doesn't is to say nature exists because of man, physical phenomena and brains.

A perfectly normal person can take a psychedelic and return to being perfectly normal, people abuse them all the time. You think I have talked with "god" due to a drug? I am it, I can talk to myself all day and all night without any drugs involved other than the ones in my brain already. When I say I talk to "god" I mean I am literally talking to myself, a self without any bias, like a psychologist. Does that make sense? Considering we are both conscious and subconscious, I have already stated, it is communication between the two and the subconscious criticizes the ego if it has done anything wrong or about where it needs improvement "bad trip, ego death".

Mental illness is created by this society and it's ignorant poisoning of people using toxic minerals and metals along with psychological manipulation/entrapment, a drug that expands perception and binds to serotonin/melatonin receptors does not induce mental illness other than "hppd", unless one already has a mental illness disorder embedded in their genes previously due to the very same poisoning from society, they speed up or heighten the risk of it manifesting. Traumas and stress carry on through genes, make sense? One can breed illness out, just like with a plant, except humanity is foolish and breeds idiocy and issues instead, then they try to fix the issue and create a whole other branch of issues. It's about breaking the cycle, not continuing it.

Those "religious experiences" and theistic approaches are merely man trying to explain and paint a picture of psyche, don't get confused by the terminology as being something external to you, it is you, your subconscious/unconscious self of which you can talk to anytime.

As I said, the drugs, all they do is paint an image, it's the evidence so a man won't go insane due to thought in metaphorical context. It's the physical, literal evidence for the mind to digest and correlate to the metaphorical. They help speed evolution by heightening and expanding perception along with forced criticism. Psychedelics are subconscious/nature's mirror.
Last edited by Artimas on Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3767
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Artimas » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:48 pm

The guy in that video does not do the experience justice by his naive explanation. Walls aren't conscious, just because things are "alive" or all vibrating, doesn't mean they are conscious and have ego or a state of duality in the mind, it is merely a part of the vibrating dream that is the subconscious mind. A stone vibrates and appears alive, it doesn't mean it's conscious. Don't let that video misconstrue the concept and thought/evidence.

Here's how it began, let me try and paint a simplistic image for you. Every one of us, everything here, is a possibility to be explored, just like we can explore the possibilities ourself, we are both a possibility and explorer of possibilities. Just as an ice cream cone is a possibility to us, we are a possibility to it. Micro to macro.

It began as (subconscious)chaos > (conscious)order > (body with the duality embedded) existence
Maybe conscious is chaos and subconscious is order, as long as both exist as they do to create contrast. Contrast is everything, literally and metaphorically. I don't think so though because chaos was the beginning and consciousness/order spawned in attempt at making sense of that chaos, which developed order, then that state or duality evolved into existence which is the third stage of it's evolution and it does not end here. It may for us humanity and current life but not for it, it will start over and for conscious life that restart will be within the blink of an eye. Since time cannot be perceived in death(ceasing of consciousness/perception and it's ability to interact with and in a present moment)

In this existence it goes like this,

Unconscious/Subconscious > physical manifestation > consciousness(ego) this "reality" is just one giant collective lucid dream with rules, get it? Why I had stated "life is the trip" the drugs are just the evidence.

(Subconscious/nature) > body < (consciousness/ego)
Body and brain are merely the receiver of said duality, the "trinity" spirit, body, mind.

That video also states it as a "religious" experience when it isn't, it's a spiritual one. Know the difference. Religion is a man made system, spirituality is self and naturally innate/activated. People expect these mainstream people to explain things like they have credibility from their fame, propaganda, why not interview me hm, I dedicate to this culture and study it, I'll explain the experience not, naively. They can't even understand the language they use let alone describe what is, properly.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3767
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Silhouette » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:05 pm

Pandora wrote:
Artimas wrote:Dmt is already released in our brain.

It is released in a sensory deprived environment, which was used as punishment in order to break people down and drive them crazy.

1) Sensory deprivation causes DMT release
2) Sensory deprivation is used as punishment because it causes people to break down and be driven crazy
3) Therefore DMT can be associated with people breaking down and being driven crazy?

Is that your argument? This is a clear association fallacy: P → Q, P → R ∴ Q → R. No: "Water quenches thirst, water drowns people, therefore quenching thirst drowns people".

Pandora wrote:
Silhouette wrote:Actually I think it's you who's flying an imaginary horse...
and stuck in an illusion.

If you believe that what you see in your trips is a reflection of reality your perception has been compromised already. I also believe substance induced schizophrenia is a real thing.

What is it that you think happens when you trip? You see pink elephants and flying pigs out of nowhere?

What actually happens is that you're experiencing the exact same world, but in different ways that you never even considered before. It's extremely powerful and humbling to have your normal interpretation of reality completely swept off its feet and transformed - spatially, temporally, sensorially... you can even play with some of the basic settings, like proportions, light and dimmness, the order of events, what you perceive a piece of sensory information as, all with the power of your mind. Some settings are turned way up, like sense of smell - it's beautiful.

Try taking things for granted, and being as dismissive and prejudiced as you're being after a trip... ha.

You can believe schizophrenia is induced by such substances all you like, and it still wouldn't be true. At best you might find that people who are prone to such mental conditions are more attracted by psychedelic drugs, but things like schizophrenia have a huge genetic component and I seem to remember they tend to be set off to occur in your twenties from all the way back from in the womb. I'm sure it's possible to ingest certain poisonous mushrooms that have hallucinagenic effects and damage your mind, but that's not the same. Something like LSD is actually more likely to be a cure for schizophrenia than a cause - and it's helped many terminally ill people cope with their fear of death. The potential uses of drugs like LSD are actually really promising, but it's people like you who swallow all the fear and propaganda that keep the laws in place that prevent studies from being done that could really help people. It's genuinelly tragic.

Pandora wrote:Self-mutilation as courage? Is this the best you can do in life? Well, bravo then!

Ingesting food is not self-mutilation. Ingesting paracetamol is not self-mutilation. Ingesting LSD is not self-mutilation.

What... you think it's a poison? Perhaps you think alcohol and cigarettes are more acceptable - at least for other people if not yourself.

"Crossing of the brain wires" :lol: - now that understanding of the brain is detached from reality :lol:
User avatar
Silhouette
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3974
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 1:27 am
Location: Existence

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Pandora » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:44 am

Artimas wrote:Detachment from reality? What is reality, Pandora?
when you have to ask this question, you’re already putting yourself in a compromised position, a position of self-doubt, or doubt of your own basic senses. If anything can be real, then you have really nothing to go on, except perhaps your own biased expectations. If one reality is just as good as another why not pick the one that is more to your personal liking?

Are you saying a dream is less real than reality, when reality is also a dream,
. See what I’m saying? You’re already there, your distinctions are already blurring. Going one way is no different to you then going any another way. Why don’t we make reality a dream, or a computer simulation, or a divine test, or hell, etc.? You then have nothing to go on.

Disassociation from ego is hardly detachment of reality, that's like saying an animal isn't real because it has no ego, or a tree.
.
And you need psychadelics to detach from your ego? Also note that the natural state of man is egotistical, and it is even so with so called altruistic intentions.

Define, reality. Is reality only what is physically available? Then why have ideas or a subconscious? Why not have everything already available without the need of a subconscious or state of duality, why the need or ability to think and project into a physical world?
. Yes, I’m a materialist. I believe the subconscious brain function evolved (changed) to allow to facilitate the management and filtering of information. The subconscious, if you have noticed, is really undiscriminating. It does not understand negatives, for example, nor does it have a sense of time. All info is pretty much equal to it. It can hold a lot of (useless) info, granted, but it does not have an intelligence of its own. It has to be directed. Brainwashing utilizes this weakness. Also, it cannot tell you anything externally new because it’s not an outside source. It may tell you already missed information, but it does not determine what is relevant.

Schizophrenia and psychosis/extreme mental disorders, are available through psychedelic usage only by being already integrated into the users genetics, so basically, a psychedelic will only drive you to psychosis if you were heading there anyways, it merely speeds up the manifestation of disorder by pulling out genetics.
. This notion is being contested (look into James Kent- I maypost a link later).

This "fantasy" world is already apart of a "real" one, whence cometh the substance, if not?
scrambling your brain is real too, it doesn’t mean it’s a good thing. You may see spirits in your trips and it doesn’t mean that they are real, it only means your brain is malfunctioning.

Sensory deprived environment is also used to meditate and reflect, which is more likely than to drive one crazy, if someone wants to drive one crazy they can do so through much easier methods, we see some examples in everyday society already, do we not?
. Sensory deprivation is the classic torture method. It’s simple and does not leave any physical marks. It has been used by CIA for many years.

Are we not sensory deprived in a society focused on distraction? You can't even see the stars from the city and you talk to me about Dmt being used to deprive senses, where is that study? I can show you the study they found dmt in rat brains in their pineal glands where melatonin and serotonin are secreted. You think this is all coincidental or?
I am saying that dmt is released in sensory deprived environment, an environment which also causes one to lose their sense of identity and hallucinate.
With societal problems, you seem to be implying that taking psychedelic drugs is superior to societal indoctrination, but you do not have any control over yourself while intoxicated (poisoned, really) by hallucinogens because this method directly impairs your brain. Can you become sober at will while tripping; can you just turn it off? You can’t.
If you want to see the stars, get outside the city lights. Nobody’s chemically or physically incapacitating you.
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Pandora » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:47 am

Psychadelic Information Theory, by James Kent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHfCeM_ffjU
User avatar
Pandora
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am
Location: Ward 6

Re: Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

Postby Artimas » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:52 am

Pandora

"when you have to ask this question, you’re already putting yourself in a compromised position, a position of self-doubt, or doubt of your own basic senses. If anything can be real, then you have really nothing to go on, except perhaps your own biased expectations. If one reality is just as good as another why not pick the one that is more to your personal liking?"

Oh, that question wasn't in the context of which you thought it was. I understand what reality is, I was testing to see if you do, I don't doubt my basic senses I have been saying the same thing before I ever tried a psychedelic, just in less complex terminology and from a point where I lacked the language, understanding and imagery to fully express it to its full extent, go back to my posts in 2014 and you will see for yourself. Because it doesn't work in that way, it's a collective effort and understanding, if a single bee cannot build a hive on its own, does a hive truly not exist due to it not being in "reality"? Oh but there are tons of bees and tons of hives in our reality, chaotic ones, hornets more like. "Reality" is merely nature, the natural laws that govern this physical dimension, what we make out of this physical dimension to the extent of its universal laws is up to us. I alone can't build space ships to fly to Mars because i alone do not have all of the skills necessary to do such, it is impossible for a one individual. It's collective effort. I can't believe that you are thinking in such a literal only type, or "objective", when it is very blatant that reality is based off of perception. How do you describe blue to me?

I can't simply pick a reality I want and magically appear in it, we have to evolve and work collectively to build it, know the hard part of that? Helping others understand your perception. Being physical is merely a step of evolution, explain to me since the brain creates consciousness, how does a tree feel pain?


"See what I’m saying? You’re already there, your distinctions are already blurring. Going one way is no different to you then going any another way. Why don’t we make reality a dream, or a computer simulation, or a divine test, or hell, etc.? You then have nothing to go on."

I'm in reality, watching a show on TV unfortunately, instead of exploring space and building things that matter or that enhance us, trying to show you the depths of perception and how illusive "reality" really can be, which you seem to believe it to be a materialistic manifestation into consciousness instead of consciousness evolving into materialism.

It is a dream and we can't make it what I or you want because other people lack understanding of what is, they don't understand themself and the power of their mind, they don't understand how environment works, they don't understand how to think and they don't understand reactions of variables to the full extent. If we were all aligned in perception and understanding what is and what can be, do you deny that we could accomplish anything within the boundaries of universal laws?

Do you deny evolution stems from collective diversity and diverse perception and an exchanging of ideas that lead to reactions through trial and error?


"And you need psychadelics to detach from your ego? Also note that the natural state of man is egotistical, and it is even so with so called altruistic intentions."

I don't need psychedelics to detach from my ego but it's an easy way of showing that one /can/ detach from it and that the subconscious is ultimately dominant since it is eternal, it is reality, the vibration. The natural state of man is that of the subconscious, before a child is shaped to the extent of which doesn't involve genetics. Genetics are the advantages or disadvantages one may face while being physical and conscious, environment shapes personality more so. Genetics are mere preservation of information, information contaminated by previous environment, see the loop? Environment shapes individual consciousness (ego), subconsciousness is both nothing and everything, chaos or order, it's like a piece of clay, full of possibilities, a child is purely the subconscious until it becomes aware and indoctrinated by environment, it depends upon the environment of which shapes one and has shaped their ancestors before them that determines which side of the coin one becomes manifested as and these are where "archetypes" or generalized traits/aspects of multiple personalities come from... One may also see the loop and decide to break it and avoid contribution to it and choose which archetype they wish to manifest as by choosing it's environment, we eventually will breed our primitive instincts that no longer serve us out of existence, if, collectively achieving more understanding of these concepts and an encouraged, hastier evolution.


"Yes, I’m a materialist. I believe the subconscious brain function evolved (changed) to allow to facilitate the management and filtering of information. The subconscious, if you have noticed, is really undiscriminating. It does not understand negatives, for example, nor does it have a sense of time. All info is pretty much equal to it. It can hold a lot of (useless) info, granted, but it does not have an intelligence of its own. It has to be directed. Brainwashing utilizes this weakness. Also, it cannot tell you anything externally new because it’s not an outside source. It may tell you already missed information, but it does not determine what is relevant."

No information is useless information in the subconscious due to how correlation and imagery works, the brain correlates between unique ego/consciousness and subconsciousness. Subconsciousness does seem to have intelligence of its own though, what do you think nature is, environment, ideas come to us from the subconsciousness, dreams may provide insightful warnings? Do these things not exist to you? Intuition?

You have taken on an objective only style of thinking when the mind isn't objective, only physical reality is, to the extent of universal laws. We are not just one or the other, we're both, objective and subjective. The fact is, I can dream and manifest it, that's reality, reality is micro to macro, so what's that say about us? We're a manifested dream, we're mere possibilities of it, subconsciousness, nothing must be nothing so that everything has a possibility to be everything, do you understand that? It's contrast, balance, that's what existence is based off of, balance between chaos and order and it evolves itself just like we do because we are it evolving collectively.

"scrambling your brain is real too, it doesn’t mean it’s a good thing. You may see spirits in your trips and it doesn’t mean that they are real, it only means your brain is malfunctioning."

Psychedelics don't work the way you think they do. What you feel or what environment you are in is what manifests in the trip, your thoughts become your reality. If I start thinking of helicopters coming for me on lsd I will start seeing bright lights in the sky as if it were happening, reality is what you perceive it to be. You don't just "see spirits", you merely explore the subconsciousness in a conscious sense by manifesting the subconscious into reality temporarily, like creating a temporary coexistence of dream in conscious/reality to experience.


"Sensory deprivation is the classic torture method. It’s simple and does not leave any physical marks. It has been used by CIA for many years. "

Not a torture method, it's a method of brainwashing by killing ones already temporary ego/consciousness so it may be reshaped. By forcing them into an environment of nothingness consistently until they become nothing, to be shaped as the CIA pleases. It's a method of control and brainwash, not necessarily "torture" because it could also be used for a good purpose.


"am saying that dmt is released in sensory deprived environment, an environment which also causes one to lose their sense of identity and hallucinate.
With societal problems, you seem to be implying that taking psychedelic drugs is superior to societal indoctrination, but you do not have any control over yourself while intoxicated (poisoned, really) by hallucinogens because this method directly impairs your brain. Can you become sober at will while tripping; can you just turn it off? You can’t.
If you want to see the stars, get outside the city lights. Nobody’s chemically or physically incapacitating you."

Yes, you can become sober at will on a psychedelic, by taking a benzo and calming the trip down. Taking psychedelic with understanding of what they are and with intentions to understand or see the evidence of what I say if wanting to actually understand, yes, I do believe it to be better than societal indoctrination, considering the model I see in my head is much more liberating and just than what is currently available. I have complete control over myself while tripping on lsd or mushrooms, I can even play smash bros ultimate on wii switch while watching Mario wink at me and jump off the screen. It isn't poison, it's a molecule similar to serotonin, like serotonin in hulk form.. Yet you think that this has nothing to do with heightening perception realistically by forming new neural pathways by binding to receptors... Mkay.

I want to see the stars.. But society makes it harder than necessary to do so by this thing called, money and enslavement through social status. So much for "reality".

James Kent, I looked him up and he doesn't seem like a strong source of evidence to prove psychedelics induce mental disorders without genetics being directly involved compared to the studies already done regarding the issue which show otherwise. It almost seemed as if he were advocating psychedelics of perhaps doesnt understand what is and what could be.
Last edited by Artimas on Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3767
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Next

Return to Psychology and Mind



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users