Dimethyltryptamine and psychedelics

The brain is not some kind of fragile antique - you’re exactly right that it took millions of years of evolution to make it as adaptive as it is, it’s miracle enough that it’s possible to kill it.

Its workings change and are messed with and jumbled as part of a normal natural life, even the healthiest of lives. Many trials and tribulations, produced through natural selection the best brains that can deal with even unnecessary or unlikely stimuli - in fact it’s even theorised that man’s progression this far was enabled by the ingestion of psychotropics, even that language itself became possible as a result of them. I don’t know how reliable that theory is, but it’s known at least that hallucinogenic experiences were something of a right of passage in many cultures - the effects revered enough to be elevated to ceremonious usage. What is this false dichotomy between the healthy brain and the use of “drugs”?

Again you’re arguing from a position of ignorance - how do you feel when men lecture you on how it is to be a woman? You would prefer they ask you first before forming an opinion, no?

Don’t poke out your eyes, appreciate what you have. Would you like to know what having a third eye is like? All that extra insight that it may or may not give to you… better not stray from the straight and narrow though, the safe and the known. Why travel when you can live in the same town all your life? You appreciate life just fine in that same old home.

Again, the P → Q, P → R ∴ Q → R fallacy. You should analyse what you are saying to prevent making the same mistake over and over.

Did you know that it’s possible to drink too much water?

Better stay on the safe side and never drink it.

Considering you’re a psychedelic drug user, I’m not even sure what that means.

not sure where you’re going with this.

yes, we are restricted by our biology, but it’s the same biology that has allowed us to survive this song. Scrambling it with drugs will not improve on it.

trees react to stimulus, they do not feel pain. And we do not stop being physical because everything is still based on it. The physical may evolve to become more complex or compatmentalized (or specialized) for efficiency’s sake. But that also makes it more vulnerable to corruptions. The human body is quite an intricate mechanism. It has some back up redundancies but if one found a way to bypass them (as with specific drugs) then the whole system may be compromised.

Oh boy.

Aligned by all of us doing drugs?

Natural selection drives evolution, and it has formed our bodies and sense organs to function as they do now. If you want to take it into your own hands and do hallucinogens (which our body perceives as poison) you may now do so, but I believe this move is an error. Most drug users, even in our relatively comfortable modern worlds do not end well (I’m not even speaking about survival of drug users in the wild).

the subconscious is not eternal, it is undifferentiated and unintelligent. When you deal with subconscious the GIGO rule applies: it will give you what you want, it will not give you “reality”.

the formation of ego is like the hardening of the skull in a growing child, or hardening of spikes in a baby porcupine, it is something that one is born with. The human ego develops naturally at about 3 years, it is not an indoctrination process.

. The laws of nature and survival have not changed. To breed instincts out will mean extinction.

Built in instincts, yes. But you’re romanticising subconscious too much, I think. Like I said, it cannot give you all the answers, at best it can give you want you really want, it can give you a confirmation (which could be a lie), hense GIGO. It is not an independent or intelligent entity.

. I did not claim to be wholly objective, only conservative.

that sounds like a drug induced perception.

You ignore the error element. Reality perceived on drugs is not the same as reality perceived while sober. If you’re saying it is while already sober then I would have to say that you’re merging the two and already knee deep in the swamp.

. A drug induced conscious dream state (hallucination) is a corruption of perception of reality, which you call just another reality. So, I’m curious if you even recognize a general concept of corruption (or error in) of perception of reality? Because if you don’t then survival and all mechanisms associated with it would become functionally irrelevant. In fact, your own existence would become irrelevant as well.

. Well, all brainwashing has a good purpose, depending on who you ask.

By taking drugs you’re not engaging reality, you’re engaging only your reality (i.e. fantasy). All you did is redefine your reality as more (or just as) real, and then you proceeded down the road of escapism.

I think that you yourself really honestly believe that you can do all of that, especially while tripping, and maybe even more, but that’s the limit of it, and that’s the catch of the drug bait - full conviction, which makes it even more dangerous.

. I would not want to form neural pathways on drugs. That’s self maiming and is wrong on so many levels.

. Then move to a desert. The living there is usually cheaper, and it’s less crowded. People actually do that. (In real life!)

He’s not advocating psychedelics, although he himself used them (he considers himself a part of drug culture), but he’s pointing to the lack of research (a point conceded to Silhuette) and their dangers which most people in drug culture choose to downplay or circumvent.
Perhaps more time is needed to see the greater fallout of this experiment, but I think it will eventually confirm my belief. There is a big drug culture fad going on right now and everybody’s jumping on the bandwagon as if it were the next best thing, but reality does not work this naively. If it’s too good to be true, too easy, or presented as a shortcut, it’s likely just another trap, and considering how it works on the brain, a very powerful one.

. I don’t belive that drugs evolved us, although there is an argument for hallucination induced cave art based on sensory deprivation.
But hallucinogens are incompatible with survival in the wild. This would have been a quick error in natural selection trial.

. This is the trap of the drugs: answer is in the drugs and drugs are the answer. Reminds me of the ketamine addiction piece with James Kent: youtube.com/watch?v=87A7bDY2Dac

Well, if death is an illusion, then so is life. What else do you have left? Are you alive? Do you exist, Altimas?

Psychedelics are not your friends trying to guide you through evolution. That’s not what poisons do. You’d get more use out of eating an omelette.

thats already a disrespectful attitude towards that which has made you.

Mundane and basic is not irrelevant.

. In other words, drugs are the answer.

chemical brainwashing. I think the drug cartels are in full agreement with you here, except that one small recurrent detail…that all such roads inevitably lead back… to drugs. Coincidence?
The new alpha and the omega.

If I believe that your reasoning and discriminating abilities have been compromized, to the point that you are completely convinced of realness of drug induced delusions, how could I convince you that you are wrong. Again, this brings us back to the fact that you obtained your knowledge from drugs and not while sober. This is like me claiming that what I saw while dreaming last night is an actual existing alternate spiritual world. If voices on your trip visions told you to do something would you listen to them? Would you treat them as real? Would you go out and do what they told you, believing they are some sort of superior entities doing some kind of divine work?

And who wants a third eye anyway? …Who??!.. What nonsense is this?

Is there a Stockholm Syndrome for drug users? Because it looks like this is what is happening here.

By the way, I’ve only had LSD twice, not for many years, years apart and low doses too, and am not a drug user - though I enjoy alcohol a lot.

Am I imprisoned by them? That’s a joke.

Just because I’m defending something you’ve had no prior experience of, doesn’t mean my reasoning abilities are compromised - in fact it’s me pointing out the logical fallacies in your arguments. The resistence you are encountering is because you are wrong, not because we’re “compromised”.

I’m not convinced of “drug induced delusions” as reality, I’m convinced that I experience and certain circumstances such as “taking drugs” or otherwise can tweak it - more or less, for better or worse, and what you experience under the effects of e.g. LSD is the same reality as always - as I said - only you are able to interpret it in different ways to the one you got used to. Again with the false dichotomies and black and white fallacies of “under drugs” versus “sober”. It’s all the same continuum of available information - I am aware of what is different from the normal interpretation under drugs just as I am in a dream. I have the ability to differentiate because I’m not schizophrenic. The dream experience exists, the drug induced experience exists, and the sober experience exists - but apparently you’re only happy with learning from one of these three types of experience. Just because a dream isn’t real, doesn’t mean you can’t learn from it. Voices in my trip visions? No. Again you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Have you ever heard of a metaphor?

Why aren’t you being honest and admitting you are arguing from ignorance? At least have some authenticity, please.

Pandora,

“Considering you’re a psychedelic drug user, I’m not even sure what that means.”

I don’t use drugs to escape reality. That’s your own misconception and projection of ideas and attachment of /your/ perception upon reality.

I use them to understand it and to form imagery, “picture of a thousand words”, I use it to correlate a clearer path for and of self, for creativity. Maybe try rereading it a bunch until it registers or you understand.

“not sure where you’re going with this."

How are you not sure, it’s obvious. If we align and are on the same page as a species, we can make /progress/, evolutionary progress and we can /choose/ how we wish to evolve, the path will be more clear for us because we will understand… Bees work collectively and are subconscious aspects of nature, “innocent”. We must understand how self works so we may make the best choices for the species and our environment.

“yes, we are restricted by our biology, but it’s the same biology that has allowed us to survive this song. Scrambling it with drugs will not improve on it.”

So you’re saying diversity and creativity have no role in evolution?
We don’t live in the same world we evolved from, now we are aware of the /subconscious, archetypes, environment and a lot more than just that, including drugs. Generally, Pandora, when you mix substance A with substance B it causes a reaction, one that is good or bad objectively, this reaction from psychedelics increase awareness, this is a fact.

To expand perception and creativity is /good/ because it speeds up evolution by showing one the self if one is looking for such and to understand it. Not in all cases, some just do it for fun and not to learn or explore their subconscious mind. So in other words, coffee, sugar, fluoride, aluminum, mercury, alcohol and tobacco are all ok or good but psychedelics no. That’s nonsense and you know it is.

This society has been poisoning us for so long with toxic chemicals, environment and minerals, that’s where mental illnesses come from. Not psychedelics, psychedelics can pull illnesses out of genetics because it binds to receptors in the brain creating neural pathways for perception, that’s where hppd comes from, at the same time since it attaches to mood receptors like serotonin and melatonin, it can pull psychotic disorders out of one’s genetics and manifest it or make it worse than what it was already, so one must understand and be educated on this fact before use. It doesn’t just cause psychotic disorder out of nothing, it actually can help with some of them, given the proper settings.

“trees react to stimulus, they do not feel pain. And we do not stop being physical because everything is still based on it. The physical may evolve to become more complex or compatmentalized (or specialized) for efficiency’s sake. But that also makes it more vulnerable to corruptions. The human body is quite an intricate mechanism. It has some back up redundancies but if one found a way to bypass them (as with specific drugs) then the whole system may be compromised”

And we react to stimuli as well, just in a different way ours is through, a heightened perception. This easily shows that consciousness is not merely created by the brain. This shows that nature and other life are subconscious but not fully conscious, a lot of them act out of instincts. Consciousness manifests out of the subconscious and yes, it is eternal because it is both nothing and since we are manifested and exist, it’s also a potential everything, within the consistent universal laws, such as the law of conservation, gravity, etc. We aren’t bypassing anything, what do you mean? We’re literally just using them to expand perception. How can you say it doesn’t exist when it does, it’s literally right in reality, I stated the possible negatives but that’s up to an individual to determine risk Vs reward, the reward can be great depending on environment and an intent to understand or correlate/breed a new idea. So a flower whimpering when it is cut is not an indication of pain?

“Aligned by all of us doing drugs?”

Aligned by everyone seeking to understand for the sake of understanding, aligned by everyone discovering self and being educated by having a perception that can think in multiple methods to seek what is consistent and objective along with what can be manifested as objective.

“Natural selection drives evolution, and it has formed our bodies and sense organs to function as they do now. If you want to take it into your own hands and do hallucinogens (which our body perceives as poison) you may now do so, but I believe this move is an error. Most drug users, even in our relatively comfortable modern worlds do not end well (I’m not even speaking about survival of drug users in the wild).”

That’s what I just said, natural selection, trial and error, diversity of variables. Even cellular life is subconscious, we live in it’s image, and through understanding, we can consciously create things out of it by understanding it’s imagery. It doesn’t always give you what you want, I’d hardly say guilt or “judgement” is what one wants. There is a reason prison is supposed to be isolation for a person and dull, to force them to reflect on what they have done, reflect using the subconscious to criticize the ego. It doesn’t perceive it as poison when they are only slightly different than serotonin…

“the subconscious is not eternal, it is undifferentiated and unintelligent. When you deal with subconscious the GIGO rule applies: it will give you what you want, it will not give you “reality”.”

You do realize you’re in the reality of the subconscious already right? That’s what reality is. It’s a balance out of chaos and order, existence. Subconsciousness began with the first reaction of two or more variables, life came after chaos evolved to have order then chaos and order evolved into existence.

So do you understand that creations resemble their creators? If the subconscious was before consciousness then what does that tell you? The great thing is that we may use our consciousness which evolved out of subconsciousness to further explore ourself on a macro and micro level. Reality is it’s dream, it’s everything and nothing. We’re merely branches of nature. This is literally what you linked me about Kant and creating reality/nature as well. I’m sorry I can’t write in a way which you can understand me fully because that is all I really am trying to do, help you understand and see the whole image of things. It is the beginning of everything so how is it not eternal? When they write in religions and mythology they attribute “god” as the creator, which it is the subconscious mind. Ideas come from it along with other instinctual aspects to help us cope and better understand our role as both a living individual and as a collective species. In pagan religion the many gods were metaphorical archetypes, expression of man’s inner psyche/instincts, which is what, Pandora? Subconsciousness.

Before one can live, do they not have to discover self? Do you believe self to be a byproduct of environment without understanding that we are byproducts of environment? To win chess, you must play the game and that’s all I am doing, trying to help others the only way I can and that will actually help, education and understanding.

“the formation of ego is like the hardening of the skull in a growing child, or hardening of spikes in a baby porcupine, it is something that one is born with. The human ego develops naturally at about 3 years, it is not an indoctrination process”

Consciousness manifests and ego is created, this ego can be shapen by environment… Which is very clearly, indoctrination of ideology/culture. No it is not something one is simply born with, explain retardation and other crippling disadvantages that alter an ego or its ability/capability to and of functioning in environment or fully grasping of concepts, some of which are simple, consciously. Explain animals, it evolves and sometimes one doesn’t or isn’t evolved genetically(of which genetics are also shapen by environment) to be fully conscious.

“The laws of nature and survival have not changed. To breed instincts out will mean extinction.”

No one is arguing that they have changed but man however, can change by understanding what is. Yeah and I’m telling you, if we don’t choose to consciously evolve we will go extinct, which is literally what I am advocating and trying to explain to you. There are some instincts I believe will be and can be bred out by collective evolution like addiction or a self/species harming form of coping. Fight or flight is another one I believe we can understand further or if not breed out at least learn to manage better, anger and what not.

"Built in instincts, yes. But you’re romanticising subconscious too much, I think. Like I said, it cannot give you all the answers, at best it can give you want you really want, it can give you a confirmation (which could be a lie), hense GIGO. It is not an independent or intelligent entity. "

I don’t think so, I am not expecting to get all the answers, answers and evolution is not measurable, it will continue so long as there is a state of duality that births wisdom and consciousness.

A nightmare isn’t “what I wanted”, guilt isn’t wanted, criticism or judgement of self isn’t wanted… But it’s needed, know why? Pursuit of evolving.

So you’re saying we are not intelligent entities then. Intelligence manifested /after/ life and subconscious instinct so technically it does mean it is intelligent, as us and whatever other life forms there are similar to us.

“That sounds like a drug induced perception”

You just aren’t comprehending what I am saying which I am not responsible for. You clearly don’t understand how the ripple effect and evolution work out of a duality such as chaos and order and the subconscious manifestation of consciousness through experiencing (which the beginning of experience was instinctive).

“You ignore the error element. Reality perceived on drugs is not the same as reality perceived while sober. If you’re saying it is while already sober then I would have to say that you’re merging the two and already knee deep in the swamp.”

You don’t understand how psychedelics work… Subconscious mind comes out to play, which means the visuals and perception have everything to do with environment and the persons subconscious mood at that time, which shows what? That one can control a trip or the experiencing of the drug. You are literally conscious of the subconscious when on a psychedelic but also at the same time conscious of reality, unless it’s dmt then I usually close my eyes for the imagery because it is powerful.

“A drug induced conscious dream state (hallucination) is a corruption of perception of reality, which you call just another reality. So, I’m curious if you even recognize a general concept of corruption (or error in) of perception of reality? Because if you don’t then survival and all mechanisms associated with it would become functionally irrelevant. In fact, your own existence would become irrelevant as well.”

So since we cannot see the wind is it not there? Since we can’t see a germ does it mean illness doesn’t exist? You do know this is why we need science right? To develop /tools/ to detect and measure reality because our senses are limited… Psychedelics improve perception and awareness, which means what? You can see things you normally wouldn’t and can even will them into existence by subconscious feeling and environment. Psychedelics are a tool to be used out of nature. Like coffee and other drugs. My experience is just as real as normal reality because that’s how perception works, objectively, no, it isn’t going to appear to everyone unless they do the same substance and it reacts with their brain, but I promise you after one tries it and understands fully, our perception and understanding will be consistent with each other. That is normally how evolution works, you try something new and good results come from it… It’s a very basic concept Pandora. Good results have definitely came from psychedelics and drugs, especially art, music and ideas along with it being the evidence to a view of the bigger image of things.

"Well, all brainwashing has a good purpose, depending on who you ask. "

Ok and would you rather shape yourself or be shapen without knowing you have been?

“By taking drugs you’re not engaging reality, you’re engaging only your reality (i.e. fantasy). All you did is redefine your reality as more (or just as) real, and then you proceeded down the road of escapism.”

There is more to “reality” than meets the normal human eye, literally, science has already proven this. I am engaging a reality of which environment and subconscious can manifest patterns and imagery, it’s like a form of communication with nature, do you see what I am saying? How can something be real if everything is an illusion? So if I take a drug and add on to what is already an illusion, is it even more of an illusion than reality? Reality is not merely subject to our consciousness/ego, that’s the point of evolution, to develop a sense of reality of which we can understand it all fully and continue expanding… The ego is temporary and we recycle, so why be afraid of death? Because one is not fulfilled until they live as self. This has been proven on many people’s death bed. The point is to live unique as self as to contribute to evolution using diverse expression and interacting with and in reality. There is nothing to escape either, I am appreciative of existence being what it is, a giant, fragmented and abundant variety of, contrast.

“think that you yourself really honestly believe that you can do all of that, especially while tripping, and maybe even more, but that’s the limit of it, and that’s the catch of the drug bait - full conviction, which makes it even more dangerous.”

While tripping?
I can close my eyes and imagine, a trip or psychedelic makes it so I don’t have to close my eyes, that’s the only difference, heightened conscious perception.

“I would not want to form neural pathways on drugs. That’s self maiming and is wrong on so many levels”

Best not drink coffee or participate in reality then, because here, we evolve via drugs and chemical reactions and environment. Do you eat red meat, do you drink alcohol? Do you eat sugar? Then you’re already “self maiming”. Every choice you make and every choice that has been made that has crossed you, could be considered a “maim” then, with your logic.

“Then move to a desert. The living there is usually cheaper, and it’s less crowded. People actually do that. (In real life!)”

again, society keeps individuals entrapped through a monetary system and coercion of survival. It’s as obvious as day time.

“He’s not advocating psychedelics, although he himself used them (he considers himself a part of drug culture), but he’s pointing to the lack of research (a point conceded to Silhuette) and their dangers which most people in drug culture choose to downplay or circumvent.
Perhaps more time is needed to see the greater fallout of this experiment, but I think it will eventually confirm my belief. There is a big drug culture fad going on right now and everybody’s jumping on the bandwagon as if it were the next best thing, but reality does not work this naively. If it’s too good to be true, too easy, or presented as a shortcut, it’s likely just another trap, and considering how it works on the brain, a very powerful one.”

What you deem “too good to be true” doesn’t mean anything to reality, it is what it is. Short cut? Why do you get to determine what is a “short cut”? You think us evolving for a million years to finally understand ourself and our ability to control our own evolution via environment and drugs/molecules is a fucking “shortcut”? You need to understand context better.

Maybe you should take a step back from your ego and see the bigger imagery at work here. Drug culture fad? We have been using drugs for a long time to evolve why do you think they’re illegal and not “researched”? Oh I could tell you, maybe because, hmm… It heightens awareness and government doesn’t want every person aware.

No one said they aren’t dangerous, so you’re arguing a moot point, I already explained their dangers by manifestation of psychosis through /genetics/ if the disorder is already embedded in it. Yeah and there is also a reason only 100 people have watched his interview, because of his own “lack of research”. It has been researched and well documented already, the dangers of psychedelics and drugs.
3CDEC247-A907-4CC4-AE1F-472F41782765.jpeg

Pandora,

“I don’t belive that drugs evolved us, although there is an argument for hallucination induced cave art based on sensory deprivation.
But hallucinogens are incompatible with survival in the wild. This would have been a quick error in natural selection trial.”

To be honest Pandora, in reality, we consist of drugs and as life, a continuous reaction of drugs/substances, we evolve or devolve based on them, it doesn’t matter what you or I “believe”.

Hallucinogens are incompatible with survival in the wild? Explain that to animals, who literally are “the wild” that use drugs to get high. Dolphins, cats, deer, etc. We are the wild as well, are you trying to separate us from it when we are manifested from and in it?

“This is the trap of the drugs: answer is in the drugs and drugs are the answer. Reminds me of the ketamine addiction piece with James Kent”

I’m not trapped at all, I still follow the universal laws in my model of thinking and reaching conclusions and possibilities.

The answer isn’t in the drugs but if you wish to have evidence of what I am describing to you for yourself yeah because I can’t describe blue to you, I’m me for a reason. I had answers and understanding before I used psychedelics I already stated, can go through my posts and see for yourself too, the psychedelics are merely the visual/conscious evidence that can be broken down subjectively.

“Well, if death is an illusion, then so is life. What else do you have left? Are you alive? Do you exist, Altimas?”

Life and death are merely the same coin, both need each other to have a balance, I’m alive but I can choose to die, don’t get a choice in being born though. Death in the sense of “ceasing to experience” isn’t the case, only as what you are currently, the ego ceases. We are eternal on repeat. Law of conservation and understanding of environment proves that alone.

“Psychedelics are not your friends trying to guide you through evolution. That’s not what poisons do. You’d get more use out of eating an omelette.”

You’re right, it’s a lot better than that. It’s me guiding myself using my subconsciousness to communicate with my consciousness/ego. Except it isn’t a poison when it is near identical in molecular structure to serotonin in our brain.

"thats already a disrespectful attitude towards that which has made you. "

I don’t disrespect it, I advocate for it and advocate for conscious choice of evolving. It’s a fact that sober, conscious perception is limited, not disrespect.

“Mundane and basic is not irrelevant.”

You’re right, it isn’t, it is merely another contrast. When we do evolve collectively it will be that much sweeter. If, we evolve instead of going extinct from willful ignorance and devolution.

“In other words, drugs are the answer.”

Not the answer, just the painting to view, a tool to use to connect and communicate with the self/subconscious for reflection. Like a mirror I’ve said.

“chemical brainwashing. I think the drug cartels are in full agreement with you here, except that one small recurrent detail…that all such roads inevitably lead back… to drugs. Coincidence?
The new alpha and the omega.”

Chemical and environmental brainwashing takes place everyday, do you even watch society or understand it? We’re literally being bred to be passive, docile and ignorant to make this society function for rich groups at the top who deem themselves more superior than the rest of life.

I had mistakenly confined myself to the term ‘psychedelic’ drawn by the OP.
Pyschedelic experiences are triggered by psychedelics.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelic_experience

My intent was to use the wider Altered States of Consciousness [ASC].
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altered_s … sciousness

ASCs can be triggered by psychedelic drugs and many other triggers [religious, spiritual, secular, etc.] which I had listed before.

I agree there is the subconscious [90%] and the conscious [10%] parts of the mind and self. A human being is self-powered and self-referential. The subconscious with a weightage of 90% will heavily influence the mind and self while the conscious mind with a 10% weightage has little power to influence the self and mind. However the conscious mind with wise use can manage and module the forceful impulses of the subconscious mind.

I am into ‘spirituality’ involving meditations and breathing techniques which after a long while triggered DMT-liked altered states of consciousness intermittently which is not as drastic as those reported by the ones who took psychedelics.
One of the maxim of spirituality is, “Do overact and be attached to Altered States of Consciousness, no matter how pleasing or terrible they feel.”
Bhagavad Gita: “Do not attached to the fruits of actions.”
Of course if there are knowledge and wisdom to tap from ASC, then we take it.

What is critical within spirituality is the developments of algorithms [new or established] to higher level so that one can manage and modulate the impulses from the subconscious mind and conscious mind.
Note impulse controls;
The Problem: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impulse_control_disorder
One solution: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfulness

My main point with psychedelics re OP is;
It is possible the founders of religion could have experienced altered states of consciousness via psychedelics or other triggers.
I am not referring to those who later founded the organized religions but rather the founder who is associated with the religion whose experiences and name could have been exploited by the latter groups for political and control of the masses.

I believe the story of a Gautama Siddharta giving up his right to a throne is a pure myth to convey the organized doctrines of Buddhism.

However if there was one real Prince Gautama Siddharta giving up his rights to a throne, it could be he had experienced some sort of altered states of consciousness due to a tumor or lesion or rare wirings in the brain which he was not aware of. It is beyond common sense for a Prince then 2500 years ago to give up his right to a throne just like that.

Perhaps not within Buddhism, but it is very common with many sects within Hinduism where followers use drugs and hallucinogens. It also practice within other spiritual cultures.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_and_drugs

Personally, I think ALL humans should be given access to DMT limited to small doses [illegal where I am] but taken with a well developed stable psychological state of positivity and steady impulse control, then humanity will be able to accelerate more permanent peace of earth.

I believe it is highly possible if not a fact that drugs have evolved us, reactions chemically/molecular and environmentally (stress) which causes the body to secrete more molecules/reactions and causes faster aging/death if in extremes.

The issue with today is that most people aren’t 90% subconscious. they’re 90% ego and 10% consciousness, which makes it difficult to help them or guide them to an understanding so that we may cease this mess of a species, we’re disorganized collectively and then people wonder how “God” abandoned us, we abandoned ourselves for a technological world, a devolution, comforts over change, exploration and fast paced evolution.

Even if past ancients never took a psychedelic, the altered state of consciousness or if I understand correctly, I refer to it as “the zone” a clearer time of thinking, a conscious meditative state in a sense. Yes, you see… it is like that with psychedelics too, to accept it even if it is bad because there is much to learn in the bad, mistakes, pain, etc… We see lessons, errors, it’s a criticism of one’s ego by self. People refer to this as a “bad trip, ego death” in psychedelic culture, but a bad trip doesn’t truly exist if the message is heard and understood fully, it is insightful.

Well it isn’t beyond common sense though because it is a state of mind to be achieved when one may understand what is and ones effect on environment. Meditation and reflection on self can lead to a lot of answers, especially if one is given an environment of struggle or if one may empathize and see an environment of struggle to relate to.

Yeah that’s true, pagans used psychedelics too and their gods were archetypes of themselves, with added on exaggerations, expression of psyche.

I am viewing it from another perspective.

Our instinctual drives and impulses are pulsating from the subconscious mind [90%] which is very hard for the conscious mind to control.
Note how hard it is for many with lack of impulse control to control the various addictions.
There are many obese who eat themselves to death even when they know the fact they will die from obesity.

It is worst when this active unmodulated instincts are combined with an overactive ego “I” that generates arrogance, narcissism, grandeur, psychopathy, and the likes.

The point is the subconscious will always be a 90% force via evolution and the conscious only 10%. The question is how we can use the best of our conscious reason to modulate the terrible forces of the subconscious [survival, sex, hunger, water, breathing, fight, flight, aggression, etc.]. It is like the need to build smart dams to control the forces of the big rivers towards good uses.

Personally, I think ALL humans should be given access to DMT [or similar] limited to small doses [illegal where I am] but taken with a well developed stable psychological state of positivity and steady impulse control, then humanity will be able to accelerate more permanent peace of earth.

I actually do agree with that, the subconscious is 90% because it’s also what reality/nature is manifested from.

Well I believe we may attain more consciousness through understanding and seeking change and diversity (evolving), since consciousness did evolve out of subconsciousness, I feel as if there are levels to consciousness and a certain state of mind can lead us further up instead of down because our ideas, our choices, our language, really matters, to both extremes and lows in and of environment/reality.

I think the war on drugs should end and we invest in opening real education institutions, an environment that guides individuals to the process of how to think and stay educated, stoicism, education on the self and the understanding of what is necessary to understand in order to reach the state of mind needed to be balanced in life. Must be educated on contrast as well. I think we should open rehabilitation centers that provides real education of self and coping with existential crisis. I also think we should have psychedelic culture environment, a place to seek self and to reflect through means of molecular altering/drugs, with a positive but enlightening guide. Like in LOTR, Gandalf with Bilbo how he exclaims “do not take me for some conjurer of cheap tricks!” and the room went dark and intimidating, but then turns soft and it helps Bilbo understand that Gandalf could have already hurt him if he wanted too but it was never Gandalfs intention and then that is what shows him the contrast and leads him to understand that Gandalf is his friend, truly.

Also since the third eye was brought up or pineal gland, I thought I’d bring up sun gazing as an opposite to dark/deprivation of consciousness or conscious meditation.

Since we may reflect in the dark, we may gather energy and information out of light from the sun, absorb the benefits, possibly monatomic gold or single active-atom molecules, balance though between both.

I believe in the present circumstance I would agree to the use of certain acceptable psychedelics, e.g. ayahuasca, etc. under serious controlled environment to be open to ALL.

However we can wean off the above when we have greater knowledge of the brain, the subconscious mind and our ability to have holistic fool proof enhancements to our brain performance.

Note the advancement of the Human Connectome Project
humanconnectomeproject.org/
to track every neural connections within the brain to its effects.
Then [in 50, 100 or 150 years time] we will be able to train and develop the human brain to its optimal best towards the overall good of humanity.

Sun gazing is too dangerous??
Re meditation, I have read of people starring into light bulbs and candles which can damage the retina.

There are meditations that focus on the various bright lights emerging within the mind.

Once we have mapped the Human Connectome, we will be able to understand the role of the Pineal Gland. I am not into that at present till I have objective facts about it.

However research has show if certain parts of the temporal lobe is activated by various means, it does produce altered state consciousness in many.

Have you heard of the law of attraction and monatomic elements? I can upload some pictures for you if you haven’t heard of the elements.