God is an Impossibility

We have argued the above point in the ‘Who is a Christian’ thread.
A Christian is one who had surrendered his Will to God via Jesus and the Gospels.

If no God, no Gospels, that is a pseudo Christian.

Note at the highest level of theological consideration, God is attributed with ‘perfection’ note St. Anselm, Descartes, and others.

Yes, not ALL Christians bothered about the term ‘perfect’ and whatever omni, but when cornered and push, they will easily agree with perfect [in everything not only mathematically].

If a Christian or other theists are cornered with the proposition,
“if your god is not the most perfect, superior god, then your inferior God could be forced to eat shit by the most another superior God [Islamic God for example] that exists over your God” that will get their attention to claim their God is most superior and perfect.

In this case, the Christian will surely insist his God is the most perfect and superior that which no greater can exists. This is just a matter of mental choice and so easy literally, thus every theist when cornered in such a situation will opt for the most perfect and superior God.

Try posing the above ‘eat shit’ challenge to the Christians you know, I bet 99% will opt for the absolute perfect God as St. Anselm and Descartes had presented.

Note I am highlighting the one-up principle in this case. The Greek gods are not a serious issue for me and I don’t think many would believe in these Greek gods at present.

The majority of Hindu religions believe in Brahman as the ultimate God and the Absolute.
The majority of lay Hindus will definitely be driven by the one-up principle to feel secure and thus accept Brahman to be perfect.

It is not sometimes.
Where it counts, they will invoke the term perfection, absolute, ultimate, most superior etc.

Whatever God did or will do, God is still revered as perfect, else they will not have the assurance their God will deliver to heaven with eternal. Otherwise another superior God could override their God and divert them to Hell.

My main focus in on Islam’s evil elements.
I believe the most effective approach to deal with the evil of Islam is to prove God is an impossibility.
My apologies to other theists but I have highlighted to theists there are non-theistic approaches to deal with the inherent existential crisis and its pains without potential evil and violent elements.

Btw, my argument is based on what current theists [especially the Abrahamic] are believing what God is.

The current idea of God inevitable lead to a perfect, most superior and absolute God which are stated and implied in their holy texts.

These theists believed in a real God, i.e. so real where the real God delivered his message and command via prophets and messengers that all humans must adhere to and obey. Some of these God’s messages include commanding the believer to kill non-believers and this is very evident, i.e.
thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

Therefore when we prove God is an impossibility to be real, then, there is no real God who delivered any texts via humans. Thus there is no God to command believers to kill non-believers.

If you argue for God like you do above, you will allow room for theists to creep back to their holy texts, the Bible, Quran or Torah, etc.

My argument is a 100% completely cut off from any chance of any one relying on God’s words to kill non-believers as a divine duty.

I have argued logically, soundly and rationally God is an impossibility to be real.

I have also topped it up with why the majority of humans have the instincts to believe in a God which is illusory and irrational. The reason is psychological, i.e. driven by an inherent existential crisis. If you look at it from this psychological angle, my argument will make sense.

In addition, there are non-theistic approaches that had been around for a long time that deal with the inherent existential crisis without any elements of evil or violence.

In the long run, my argument is positive to humanity in the sense that there will be ZERO theistic driven [God inspired] evil and violent acts. Point is this proposal will take quite some time [50, 100, 150 or > years] to be produce results.

Humans [naturally born evil prone] will continue to commit evil and violent acts, but that would be a secular issue to be dealt with.

Note, it is not my belief… but if you encounter Islam and claim you are a theist, Islam by its inherent nature will condemn your God as inferior plus various derogatory remarks thrown in. If you can accept that, there is no issue with me.

What will you do if theistic Islamists threaten to kill you and your future generations because you disbelieve in their more superior God and opt to believe in a less superior or perfect god.
What would be your solution for the future generations?
Your insistence your God and God in general exists will actually feed the flame of the Islamist aggression.
In this case, you are very selfish for your own salvation or psychological insecurity, i.e. with no concern for the future generations.

I would propose you sacrifice [don’t be selfish], learn about your own inherent existential psychology and chop off theism at its roots [with the OP argument] so that the Islamists will not have any foundation to make their claim and obedience to kill non-believers as a divine duty to gain Allah’s favor.

This is win-win for all since it will only involve a mental change in rational consideration on yours and the Islamists part and all can then avoid theistic-based evil and violence.

I think what they meant by saying to kill unbelievers, is that to kill paganism or other enemies of war, the texts also could have been altered, should understand the context of when it was the written, that stuff should be removed from modern texts. It’s a matter of common sense to weed out what is relevant and what is not based off of a perception of time now Vs then.

I don’t think the texts mean a real god I think that is people’s misinterpretation of what the text originally is saying.

God is a balance between consciousness and subconscious, as a collective. God has the ability to manifest with satan and/or Jesus attributes based on environment and power of will. Dark and light sides of subconsciousness, the state of duality that evolved into us, it’s all just unique language and symbolism of a reoccurring message of duality evolving, which is “god” manifesting into and as all life and the whole design at the same time.

The basic Abrahamic belief for the common man is supposed to be based off of a common sense that appears to not be so common anymore.

Btw, I spent 3 years on a full time basis studying, researching and analyzing the Quran, plus learning basic Quranic Arabic. Thus what I have stated about Islam is more reasonable and justified than your guesses.

God is a balance between consciousness and subconscious, as a collective.
It is not what you think God should be but rather what is Islam is very specifically stated in the Quran which is supposedly perfected by God and is immutable.
Given the psychology of existing theists I don’t believe your argument will have any influence on the majority of Muslims and other fundamental theists.

As I had argued, if you keep the idea of God alive in some ways, it will definitely provide room for the Islamists [a significant SOME] to hang on to the idea of God to soothe their psychological desperation. Thus their obligation [divine duty] is to carry out the commands of their God based on the immutable commands of their perfect and most superior God in exchange for a promise they will avoid Hell and enter Paradise with eternal life.

When God is an impossibility to be real, the Islamists will have no grounds to insist there is a real God which delivered to them a perfect immutable holy texts to be complied with. Thus we eliminate any possibility of theistic-based evils and violence [100% ZERO] as commanded by a real God.

When it is proven God is an impossibility to be real, and if anyone commit evil or violent acts, then it cannot be from a God [since an impossibility] thus the evil is from the person[s] inherent evil nature which will have to be dealt with by various means.

Prismatic,

Hmm… Thereby meaning that your interlocutors have not done so?

“Absolute perfection” or let’s be honest, “perfection”, is not an oxymoron. There is no rule or law that states perfection is impossible, you just think it is. Furthermore, the added “absolute” is only used for emphasis, the term “perfection” necessarily describes an absolute state (I don’t think you’ll find the term “absolute perfection” in any of the major dictionaries) as we’ve discussed previously. Because, as you’ve stated, you want your syllogism to work in the same way as “a square-circle is an impossibility to be real” you must be able to show that a perfect God is an oxymoron, which I don’t think you can, and there’s a reason for that which you’re either ignoring or unaware of.

Is this supposed to represent some kind of fact? This is your widely discussed theory, it does not IMV add any solidity to your argument, its just your take on why people are theists. The Abrahamic religions do not explicitly purport to deal with existential crisis, I can understand why you say that they do, but that is your interpretation. If they do, then that may be a secondary effect of the religion, not the primary cause of why people believe in God.

I have not come across any logically sound counter arguments to my premises.
I have intellectual integrity, if my premises are proven wrong convincingly I will accept it or change them.

Why should I prove a perfect God is an oxymoron.

Note an absolute perfect God is a possibility in thoughts only but not in reality. Anyone can think of an absolute perfect God and believe in it for whatever reasons, wherein certain cases it results in terrible evil and violent acts committed by SOME theists.

My argument is ‘God is an impossibility to be real’ to the extent of

1. delivering real holy texts via prophets/messenger compelling believers to obey his words and commands.
  2. answering real prayers of believers.

My argument is, there are two perspectives to perfect and absolute, i.e.

1. relative perfection
  2. absolute perfection

I have already explain it is very common to see the term “perfection” in the relative sense, e.g. perfect scores in sports, perfect score in an objective tests, etc.
Since relative perfection is attributable to fallible humans, we have to differentiate and qualify God perfection as absolute, i.e. unconditional.
This is the reason why I qualify God’s as absolute perfection.

It is not an established fact but a hypothesis at this stage.

If you have read all the religious texts and behavior of believers it is very obvious their theistic and non-theistic activities are reducible to the inherent existential crisis which is very subliminal and not brought to the conscious level.
I have discussed this point before, it is very noticeable the main purpose of Buddhism [Buddha Story re death], Hinduism [reincarnation], Abrahamic religions [eternal life in heaven] and primitive religions are reducible to the existential crisis.

Buddhism [non-theistic] has turned this existential crisis towards the psychological perspective and its attempts are to rewire the brain to deal with this crisis without any evil and violent elements.

I believe the problem of theism and the related inherent existential crisis need to be dealt psychology after ALL activities of the theists and others religionists are leveraged primarily from the brain [i.e. psychology].

Your limitation is simply to ignore the role of the brain in contributing primarily to theism and thus ignore its associated evil and violent acts by SOME evil prone believers.

Note this formula:

Human brains + God + theistic holy texts = theistic based evil & violent plus good acts

Therefore it is very logical to look seriously into the brain [human psychology] as a significant variable in the resultant theistic-based evil & violent act.

If we take away the God & it texts variables, then we have,

Human brains = evil & violent plus good acts

i.e. ZERO theistic-based evil & Violence acts.

Ultimately what is primary is the human brain and its psychology, thus my insistence theism has to be reduced to human psychology.

Proof in philosophical argument is rare, because most of the issues it deals with are precisely NOT things like geometric proofs or symbolic logic proofs. IOW they deal with things, just as many of the issues around you beliefs around theism, that are radically affected by such floppy things as semantics, POV, psychology, human physiology, language in general. Further you are assuming that your own introspection based conclusions - that you are willing to notice compelling counterarguments- are not fallible.

Here we are dealing with metaphysics questions, yet you are expecting counter proofs and that you have made a proof. That you have not. You have made an argument. Opinions differ about how good that argument is, but it is not a proof.

Why should I prove a perfect God is an oxymoron.

Note an absolute perfect God is a possibility in thoughts only but not in reality. Anyone can think of an absolute perfect God and believe in it for whatever reasons, wherein certain cases it results in terrible evil and violent acts committed by SOME theists.

My argument is ‘God is an impossibility to be real’ to the extent of

1. delivering real holy texts via prophets/messenger compelling believers to obey his words and commands.
  2. answering real prayers of believers.

Any issue would have the human brain and its psychology as primary. Further what you do is present a very simplified version of human psychology and then universalize it. Then call it a proof.

Your own psychology is affecting both the contents of your argument and your certainty that you have proven something.

Prismatic,

I think there have been. Regardless, you believe that your argument is perfect, relative to the rules of logic etc., with that belief in mind how are you going to accept any counter-arguments as being valid? Do you not realise the conundrum there?

Because, you said that your argument is similar to “a square-circle is an impossibility to be real”.

I think there may or may not be some kind of “higher power” which can be likened to what is described as “God”. If such a thing exists, whether that thing is perfect or not is I think a matter of perception. With so many different religions and views about God, what one religion’s adherents perceive as a perfect God may not be perceived as perfect by others. I mean, Christians generally eschew the Islamic God, yet both perceive their God as perfect. It is I think very problematic to define a perfect God that is universally accepted.

Many would disagree with you regarding the prophets, and there are many people who’ve had things they’ve prayed for come to fruition. For you and me that doesn’t confirm that God is real, but for them it sticks a “verified” stamp on the holy text. For some people, aspects of life unfold as the prophets said they would.

I know, but I don’t believe that is correct. If you research the term “perfection” you’ll find that there cannot be degrees of perfection – that something cannot be more than perfect. Perfection is the absolute.

If you do some research you’ll see that this is not correct. You are just emphasising. Perfection is relative to criteria, such as being flawless. God’s purported perfection is described by different criteria than we use to describe human things, but we are still describing perfection.

So why are you claiming that it supports your argument, which you claim is a logically sound? Surely a logically sound argument is both supported factually, and axiomatic.

Here is a excerpt for Quora which I think is correct: “For something to be “proven” as true using logic, it has to be derived from premises that are universally accepted, which we call “axioms” - and universal acceptability is elusive.”

You can read the full discussion here:

Do you think that your argument fulfills that criteria, and if so why?

This is reducible to interpretation, not fact.

A person can be naturally intelligent and able to figure things out, which you seem to be. But that can easily turn into arrogance and over-belief in their abilities. No matter how naturally intelligent a person is, without formal training in a field there are going to be errors and mistakes. I don’t discuss the role of the brain in contributing to theism, because I don’t know enough about the field. I know a little, the basics, but to make the claims that you do, one would expect you to hold at least one degree in psychology, I don’t even think the academia make the kind of claims you do, you’re really over-shooting IMV.

Case in point: “Human brains + God + theistic holy texts = theistic based evil & violent plus good acts”

Where is the formal research supporting this monster?

Granted, but you have to know what you’re doing. Would you see a doctor who told you that he didn’t go to medical school, but he’s read a lot about medicine?

A teenager (or younger) could surmise that Prismatic. You think taking the idea of God away from people would be a good idea? What guarantee do you have that would solve anything? Some people don’t do evil because they believe in God, its a complex variable with many different layers. You don’t seem to appreciate the subtleties.

Karpel Tunnel wrote:

Exactly.

I understand you completely and would have been on your side before I came to an understanding of I and self along with environment.

You can study it your whole life and still not understand it, do you study to answer or refute or did you try to learn to understand? You are missing the point of what “God” truly is while focusing on what “God” shouldn’t or ‘can’t be’ based off of a misinterpretation of texts and wanting/needing to prove that misinterpretation wrong along with a misunderstanding of context/metaphor and how to correlate meaning to imagery/symbolism. Perfect is an understanding, it’s a balance to be reached, when you understand the full implications of this design we are in and also can understand self and it’s interaction with it, you too will deem it “perfect” by design, it’s brilliantly evolved. Reality and the mind. “God” is very observable, the best form to observe of it are children, animals and life without consciousness(awareness of their own instincts)

But I am not saying what God should be, I am saying what God is, when it boils down to it and you finally understand how things work based off of chaos and order, you will find it a system based off of grand order with great fortitude.

How can the idea of “God” be wrong when it is ones interpretation and expressed opinion with no understanding of it in the ways of which it is meant to be understood? This doesn’t make god wrong, merely their acted out views and misunderstandings. There is no avoiding hell if ones intent is merely to avoid hell, that is an ingenuine way to live and will be full of regrets ultimately. Guilt, judgement by subconscious, these things are what it refers to by hell, a living in ignorance and committing acts out of such, with intent and awareness out of ignorance/evil makes the judgement worse when one actually reflects upon self and their actions/reactions.

Paradise is described in the book as what can be if man controls his ego to manifest as the one willing to learn to understand for the sake of understanding, be humble and morally just, when one aligns with self and also aligns together as a collective species to build something great, it takes a lot of work on self, especially when in a backwards mindset society/mass populace. “Eternal life” can either be metaphor for the energy of which we repeatedly recycle as due to the law of conservation or it could mean the many temporary egos of man, a collective of life always growing/evolving.

The evils are stemming from ignorance, a lack of understanding, not from “theism” you see. If a man shoots a gun, does a man shoot it or does the gun shoot itself?
It is simply, people lacking the education of how to think correctly by following the rules and universal laws, before they apply their opinion upon reality, this is ignorance and a misunderstanding of the texts and or reality, so can you blame them for their lack of understanding/knowing? It is up to us to spark curiosity to get them to learn, to guide them to an understanding.

“God” is an understanding. It’s a perception, a state of mind. It is associated with “enlightenment” or perhaps even above enlightenment.
When they say “god” delivered the texts it is meaning, a man wrote down his subconscious thoughts and described everything as it is with an understanding of what they were and still are, he attached meaning to symbols and imagery. It is the way of which they look at “god” that makes them wrong, not the other way around, their being wrong in their way of viewing and understanding doesn’t make “god” not exist. Don’t you see that?

God expressed in the texts is a state of duality. It is both good and evil but what they are doing in the book is describing the path of each side by using archetypes, manifestation of ego as literal representatives kingdom of heaven, pits of hell, etc. The path of evil or tyranny/intent of bad, the price is paid with hell, judgement, guilt and negative feelings and reality because what we think manifests in reality by our choices, words, ideas, etc, it’s a ripple effect and so it creates a hell for that individual, a struggle internal and may also project externally, a chaos in psyche.

The good path is described as a road to Heaven, paradise, etc… Think of this path as the path to wisdom, self awareness, etc.

Light and dark out of “god” the subconsciousness/consciousness. I used to have a literal view of the Bible and religions too and spent years researching independently, finding no success in what I wanted or how I looked, I switched my view to myself and began to understand myself, which lead me to understand everything else, to appreciate what -is-, is the “perfection” in which you state.

Both sides are just representatives of a path of future with by a list of actions/ideas one may commit, some being certainly out dated, due to context now versus context then.

You’re working backwards ultimately you see, you must get them to see their view is not through an understanding but instead merely believing. You are trying to get rid of “god” instead of get rid of ignorance, which is counter productive considering you are trying to work for the very “god” you are trying to get rid of by assigning it “impossible” and not “perfect” when you are literally in and of it.

Get rid of the ignorance, not what is(which you can’t really so it’s a moot attempt)
It will only cause more confusion, to go backwards. You must understand yourself fully before guiding another who does not understand themself.

If I describe psychology to you today by using terms like subconscious and consciousness, you would believe me and understand me better, you wouldn’t associate this with religion though but instead science, our terminology for the mind now is a lot more advanced than it was before. So do you see the connection? They were describing reality just to the best of what they had in terms of language and context/environment. Thus, it is not the text that is wrong but merely the not understanding of it being psychological or expression of man’s psyche through /art/ just as we do today but may understand it because it is /our language/ now.

Perfectly wrong.
Know Thyself is a phrase from the temple of a God. (Apollon).
Sokrates said he knew nothing. Not himself.

Note mathematical, scientific, legal proofs are different from philosophical sense of ‘proofs’.
Btw, according to Russell [which I agree] there is no certainty in philosophical questions nor ‘proof’.

Thus for ‘proof’ is the philosophical sense, I meant reasonable and convincing arguments which in this case I have provided.

Basically my syllogism is very logical and sound.
I have also provided arguments and evidences for the two premises.

My arguments are not based purely on my own ‘blind’ introspection. My arguments are based on years of research and reflection from a wide range of knowledge. If I were to list all the relevant books, articles, etc. i.e. a Bibliography, it would come to at least a 1000++.
You will note in many of my threads and posts, I often support them with links. I don’t see many in your posts, i.e. you are probably just guessing.

As mentioned I applied rigor within a very wide range of knowledge to arrive at my conclusions.
If I were to list all the relevant books, articles, etc. i.e. a bibliography relevant to this OP, it would come to at least a 1000++.

Where? If there are I would not leave it open, unattended or uncountered.

I have agreed with my counter arguments that are convincing before. Generally it is due to my ignorance and omission on some knowledge. Since I have attempted to cover whatever knowledge that I am aware of.
Previously when I discussed Kant with others, I am often caught uninformed of Kant theories, so I make it a point to study Kant full time for 3 years so no one can pull a fast one on me as far as the philosophy of Kant is concerned.
When I critiqued Islam, they said I have not read the Quran nor know Arabic, so I learned up basis Quranic Arab and spent almost 3 years full time studying, researching and analyzing the Quran.
If you can show me what I am ignorant of, I will definitely study, read and research on what I am ignorant of.

Ok, an absolute perfect God is contrary to anything that is real. I have argued on that.

Note there are loads of powerful elements within Nature and they all can be proven to be real on an empirical-rational basis.
You can think ‘may or may not’ but such thoughts are pointless until you can provide proofs via an empirical-rational basis.

Note I used the term ‘absolute perfection’ in relation to God.
It is generic, logical and rational, the ultimate perfection claimed by all theists would be the absolute perfect God and nothing else less.
No theist-in-general [except the perverted] would compromise and concede on the one-up concept for their God to another theist. After all it is just as easy to tick and claim one God is the greatest of all that no other can be greater.

Note my OP is directed as those who claimed and will inevitable claim their God to be absolutely perfect.
Which Christian and Muslim would disagree with Jesus and Muhammad as an agent of God to spread God words in their holy texts respectively?
My point is to convince these theists, God is an impossibility to be real, thus no real prophets and the holy texts are man made, thus should be obeyed to commit evil and violence.

There is obvious a difference between what is claimed to be perfect within the empirical world, e.g. 100/100 in an objective tests and the perfection of God. Surely it is obvious no theists would accept empirical relative perfection as comparable to God’s perfection.

You are in denial of the difference as I had mentioned above.
I have argued if God absolute perfection is the same as human’s relative/conditional perfection, then one will downgrade one’s God’s perfection to being conditional thus expose to be inferior to another god relatively.

Above ‘universally accepted’ is a bad argument, note the rejection of the once universally accepted ‘flat earth’ theory.
In addition whatever universal is intersubjective.
I have argued my premises are logical and rational within critical thinking extending to psychological knowledge of one self and others.

First it is a very tenable hypothesis that can be easily inferred from the evidences mentioned which at least represent one of the main purpose of all religions. This is undeniable. Can you prove I am wrong?
To me, based on all the extensive research I have done, the existential crisis is main purpose.
Note this is not a wild imagination, the Buddhists and many non-theistic approach agree with me. It is a matter of time others will come to accept this thesis.

As far as the brain is concerned, I have been updating my database on the relation between brain and spirituality for many years.
So far whatever new knowledge that I have arisen in the field, they are reconcilable to my original thesis.
I believe when the Human Connectome Project advances, it will make greater confirmation of my thesis, i.e. it all all in the brain and there is no real God.

Isn’t this very obvious.
It is so evident, the Jihadists [human brains] have been quoting and relying on their holy texts to justify their evil and violent acts. You cannot be that ignorant on such facts??

This is not a medical or engineering problem.
It is a philosophical problem and we are in philosophical forum.
I have stated the ‘currency’ here is ‘sound arguments’ with critical thinking.
So far I have done that. Show me where I am wrong?

If teenager can why not you?

I have asked why are the cons of theism that secular elements cannot provide?

Note I have researched on the root cause of theism. I believe resolving the root cause solve the problem of theistic-based evil and violent acts. The root cause of theism is psychological which is inherent and unavoidable. As such it can only be resolved on a massive scale by replacing theism with fool proofs approaches. I understand such replacements will take time because we do not effective replacements and alternatives at present. This will take time but first me must understand the problem before we can start to deal with the problem on a massive scale.

Note at the mirco scale there are already thousands of theists turning to non-theism, so it is possible for humanity to wean off theism with fool proof replacements.

Yes some theists do not do evil because of the suppressing from God’s words but the numbers are not significant.
Without theism we will get rid of all theistic-based evils and violence which at the extreme could exterminate the humans species if Islamist get access to cheap WMDs.

Without God, some ex-theists by their evil nature will have a strong tendency to commit evil but the numbers are small. In any case, humanity will replace foolproofs approaches to replace theism to ensure there are not strays ex-theists.

The point is I have done more study on the Quran and other holy texts than you. Thus I claim I understand more than you do in this particular case.

Re “What God Is” since you have written quite a lot in it, I would suggest you start a new thread to present your detail argument.

Here I am arguing God is an impossibility to be real.
The idea of God is moot and thus a non-starter.
If would be more effective re this OP for you to counter my very specific argument.

PI. Absolute perfection is an impossibility to be real
P2. God imperatively must be absolutely perfect
C… Therefore God is an impossibility to be real

To counter my argument is very easy, i.e. just prove either P1 and/or P2 is wrong.
Note I have provided and countered all arguments against my P1 and P2 in the various posts within this thread.

How can one know, “one know nothing” if one has not known oneself.

I am surprised you want to stay ignorant on what is going on inside your brain and how the mechanisms work in your behaviors and actions.

Prismatic,

I don’t have the time reference the specific arguments, but I think there were some or even many valid counter-arguments. You countered, but I don’t think you we’re correct.

What do you mean by “contrary to anything that is real”? God is not purported to be a physical being, rather a “spirit”. How can you be absolutely certain that “spiritual” things don’t exist? You don’t have to believe that such things exist, neither do I really, but you can’t prove with logic that they don’t. The most you can say is that there is no empirical evidence for that purported aspect of reality, which in itself doesn’t prove anything. If non-empirical things exist, empirical methods of measurement aren’t going to be of any use in detecting them. You can shout from the highest rooftop, present any type of argument you want, but you can’t prove anything axiomatically, which is essentially what your argument attempts to do.

“Pointless” in the sense you’re applying it is purely a matter of perspective. You can’t arbitrarily decide such things for others, that is beyond your purview.

Perfection has one meaning. No matter how you apply it means the same thing. If you say “God is perfect” there is no difference in saying that God is “absolutely perfect”, unless you want to emphasise.

No I’m not, I’m using the correct meaning of the word. You can research this if you like, check the major dictionaries.

Within the context of what the guy is actually saying, I think its a very good point. I think that axioms are the closest we can get to logical proofs. If your argument is sound, then it should be self-evidently correct. The fact that you’ve encountered so many disagreements should tell you something.

Im not surprised at how weak your attempt to ward off this issue is.

Im merely pointing to the fact that you’re confusing the Delphian temple complex with Socrates, which means your whole argument against God is actually an argument for God.

I am impartial as to the whole issue. I don’t care what you think. Its just interesting how you erred.

We all err from time to time. Deal with it.

I have countered it already of which you apparently do not understand. You can study the book all you want, just like I have but until you understand yourself you will not understand it, in the method of which it is meant to be understood, so you’re arguing for and against something you do not fully understand, unless you understand yourself. I am trying to help guide you to yourself but only you may make the decision ultimately of which may grant you vision of and for God.

A hammer will not give you an understanding of how to use such if one thinks it’s meant to be used as a screwdriver. It is simple yet can become complex and misleading, especially if everyone is telling you to use it as a screwdriver. It will not be until /you/ use the hammer and through trial and error of its use that you may discover and understand that it is not meant to be used as a screwdriver all along but as a hammer.

This is an analogy for the texts and “god”.

“God” is perfect, it is what is and what you are. Self and the system of which self interacts with. The very creative power one realizes that is within self is the very god one may worship along with the architecture of what is, without ever realizing such.

“god” isn’t a one thing, it is in and of everything. So if you believe it is not perfect then you will only see imperfection in self and in reality. You must understand self before you understand “god” otherwise you argue and dabble in things you do not understand by merely knowing and the key is to understand what one may know.

There’s my counter to both P1 and P2.

I have been studying religions, mythology, self and all of this for at the very least, 8 years. I’m pretty confident in what I understand So far.