The wide awake club.. or, why are you still up?

tell us more. very informative, and i did not read anything like this in my entire life.

:laughing:

I have no doubt that I will never see him again, but a fun night of drinks and dancing (and darts :laughing: ) it was. :slight_smile:

They both sound good, but I’m trying propolis for both pollen-desensitisation and internal-healing of cells, which induces a tiredness that cannot be stopped, but when my being feels overwhelmed by the propolis enzymes I stop taking it for a week or two and then the insomnia sets back in.

I might consider trying the melatonin capsules during the propolis break, so that I at last get more sleep during that downtime from it. :-k

Sounds like you need to get out more :-k

Yesterday, asleep around 5am… up at after 5pm this evening.
Today, still awake at 2.30am, so maybe asleep a few hours from now… I have things to do tomorrow. [-(

If you are confirmed hardcore medical case, then you have to accept that fact or has to take sleeping pills.

If you are NOT a confirmed hardcore medical case, I believe there are various sleep strategies you can take.

1. Visit a sleep doctor to confirm if possible whether there are any underlying problems.
  2. Take up meditation - proper fool proof methods.
  3. Practice effective breathing methods
  4. Get a fitness watch to monitor sleep patterns
    mi.com/uk/mi-band-3/ - cost less than 30 pounds
  5. Try melatonin prescription
  6. An effective exercise regime

I believe there are many good sleeping strategies found within the internet.

However the most critical element here is discipline where meditation and breathing techniques will help.

I believe for a normal adult person sleeping 7-8 hours [relative to age, older = less] starting 11pm-12am is sufficient.
My smart watch recommend 10 pm as a starting to sleep time, but I don’t think that is compulsory.

If you have a strategy, and had slept at 5.30 am, you should set an alarm to wake up at 12.30 noon and do some hard tiring exercises so that you will feel tired by 12.00 midnight.

If you cannot fall asleep you must still lay in bed by say 12 midnight while doing meditation or shamanic breathing which will take one’s attention from one wanting to sleep.

I’m awake at 3 am merely because of the newly found need to resolve almost catch22 situations, not that they have not had any precedence in more general and more inclusive concerns, (hoping to find solutions on that wider basis), &(fearing confusion between real and unreal connections between theoretical and practical applications thereof, due either to mere memory disconnect then from covering a cowering state of mind leading to suppression and/or denial).
but, also, the fear of oversleeping my life away, where I may suddenly may empathise with the rude, too rude awakening in, " All life is but a dream".
I guess it goes down to increased awareness of the .hourglass.

I have other issues causing the problem, but don’t worry about it. :wink:

Why am I still up…? a fibro headache, is why. :neutral_face:

…a cup of Organic tea w soya milk, for me.

…a hypothermic non-regulation of body temperature this time… nothing that an electric blanket on low can’t resolve… for now.

Can it be called breakfast if one hasn’t slept? Well… either way, that’s what I’ll be having.

Breakfast calls… at just past 2am. Is it too soon to breakfast, too early?

A workout of weights has left me rather lacking, in the feeling of being fuelled-till-dawn, and so I find myself in this precarious position of now not later… now seems to be winning, for now.

I’m now up and wide awake because… well, I obviously can’t sleep.

No other prognosis, other than my mind think it time to be up and planning and then eventually doing… doing breakfast, and errands, and chores, and waiting.

Been having a late one, but now succumbed to sleep… thanks for having me Saturday night, and now… I bid you, goodnight!

…I don’t know why, but I’m ready to drop… ready to shut the mind down, and so be able to sleep… if I dare.

Perhaps a wine beforehand will help in the lull to sleep…

Stopped asking myself why, been told don’t ask, don’t think, don’t fight stubborn indecisiveness and intrusiveness of unpleasantness of how certain parts of the day went down, .

In fact make it a habit, to turn a blind eye, a deaf ear, to anything abrasive.
I am entitled to experience the joys of sanity, and chronic loss of sleep will deliver there.

I don’t think, therefore I am , should be the battle cry of the legions of sheep herding counters.

Of course, for clever math fans out there, it will not take rocket science to figure out what time it is HERE, therefore there is some kind of hope for wish fulfillment, of not abject hypocracy in the above.

Thinking of breakfast already, as wide awake and currently channeling my inner reptile… the peeling of the skin on my face being evident of that fact, brought about by a toxic-induced buildup of far too many impromptu visits in recent years, to places with climes that are far too hot for my sensibilities.

I prefer the temperate latitudes, or my temperament is better suited to them… I should say, but my longitude solely dictated by taste… as per requirement.

Crashed early, so I guess up early from that… usually the most refreshing sleep for me, in such passings out.

The cat will be happy… he lives for our interactions, and the earlier the better iho.

I personally have experienced insomnia. It lasted for around a year. this, I think, because I was going through a really bad patch in my life. In the end, I started looking for ways out and, hitting upon relaxation therapies and meditation, recovered from the insomnia. There were, I think, other factors i.e. not only meditation and relaxation, which contributed to recovery. Oh, and not caring helped too. I’d say the mantra “I don’t care if I am not sleeping” over and over again to myself. That took the emotionalism out of the situation and aided relaxation.

Something else which prevents a better night’s sleep is indecision. Sometimes I find it better “to sleep on it”, at other times it is better to make a decision before going to bed, even if that decision is: I’ll make my final decision in the morning.

Poor sleep? Ah, yes, when I played video games, if I played them right up until bed time, then a bad night followed.

I do not sleep very well at the moment, and have not done so for a few years now. It is a learning experience, however. For one thing, I am much more tolerant of poor sleep than ever before. In addition, I am learning to cat-nap now. I just have to open a book and my head drops in slumber. I used to envy other people their ability to cat-nap, particularly a former friend of mine who on long drives could pull in to a Lay By and close her eyes for 15 minutes to wake up much refreshed. Now that is something that I too am able to do too.

@pinkladydragon: It does seem that sleep has acquired a scientific method, in recent years… now, come the weekend, instead of people waking up early to go to that farmers market or hit that sale, they are sleeping in till way after noon instead, then heading out to the shops or to go get something to eat.

Refreshing sleep, replenishing food, are now becoming the most important things in life… as those cells ain’t going to regenerate themselves by mere willpower alone.

Going back to weights… after a few years of not, is really encroaching on my energy, but it does mean I get a better quality of sleep, due to the exercise exertion/recovery pattern now dictating and regulating a more necessary need of a better sleeping habit… so the pros outweighing the cons: uncontrollably crashing out way before midnight, in exchange for a much healthier physical and mental state of being. My doctor will be pleased with my progress.

I certainly think that a routine is good for sleep. I try to keep a routine but am not always successful. To be honest, I often find exercise a bit too stimulating for sleep. In my hill-walking days, for example, I’d often not sleep the night following a good day out on the hills. Also, I’m using the internet to write some posts on forums right now and that will likely affect my sleep. Actually, I find alcohol is a good sleeping aid. I know that it is definitely not something that would please any doctor but, well, if it works then fine.