Series and Shows

I like the new season of True Detective a lot. Also keeping up with Billions, as a light entertainment.

The Trump Show MUST Go On!!!

The play’s entire script is taken verbatim from the messages as well as Strzok and Page’s answers to prolonged questioning in private congressional hearings. The show will also be filmed and released online.

DEAN CAIN TO PLAY FBI AGENT AND TRUMP NEMESIS PETER STRZOK IN PLAY

The performance is meant to expose “what was really going on in the FBI in the run-up to the investigation into the alleged Trump/Russia collusion as senior FBI agents became increasingly alarmed that Donald Trump might win the election,” according to a press release.

The play’s writer, conservative filmmaker Phelim McAleer, described the development as “a victory for artistic freedom and the truth, and a victory over the cowards who tried to stop the play.”

“It’s very heartening to see that at least one theater in D.C. doesn’t practice censorship because it can’t handle the truth,” McAleer told Fox News Tuesday. “The Reagan Amphitheater management is to be applauded.”

In a statement sent to Fox News last week, a Studio Theatre spokesman said the theater canceled its contract because “Media reports have made us aware of undisclosed details about the event.”

“Additionally, there have been open and violent threats made against the theater and event participants. Studio has an institutional responsibility to consider the safety of our staff, patrons, community, event organizers and attendees. These concerns must be paramount.”

The spokesman said “we have no further comment at this point,” when Fox News asked for details of the “violent threats.”

However, Swanson addressed the threats on “Fox & Friends” last week, saying, “There was a death threat last week on Twitter to lock the doors and burn down the theater.”

“That’s unfortunate. Nobody wants to see something like that.”

When asked what made her want to participate in the play Swanson said, “I think it’s a story that people need to hear.”

NEW STRZOK-PAGE TEXTS REVEAL OTHERS WERE ‘LEAKING LIKE MAD’ IN LEAD UP TO TRUMP-RUSSIA PROBE

Strzok was the senior FBI agent working for Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team investigating Russian activities during the 2016 presidential campaign. He left the investigation in late July 2017 after the text messages between him and Page were discovered.

In June of last year, Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz published a report that revealed dozens of anti-Trump text messages between Strzok and Page.

Former FBI Lawyer Lisa Page and fired FBI Special Agent Peter Strzok exchanged anti-Trump text messages during their time at the bureau. (AP, File)

Horowitz, who at the time was investigating the bureau’s handling of the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server while secretary of state, found that some bureau officials “appeared to mix political opinion with discussions about the MYE investigation.” MYE refers to Midyear Exam, which was the FBI’s code word for the Clinton probe.

“I was shocked when I read the texts and their answers in private congressional hearings. Most people have no idea what the people behind the Russia investigation were saying when they thought no one was looking,” McAleer said. “People need to know about these texts and how the establishment tried to subvert democracy because they didn’t like who the public had chosen.”

Page briefly served on Mueller’s team before returning to the FBI’s Office of General Counsel in July 2017. After Strzok was removed from the investigation, he was reassigned to the FBI’s Human Resources Division.

In July 2016, Strzok opened the FBI’s initial Russia investigation, which was nicknamed “Crossfire Hurricane” inside the bureau.

Page resigned from the bureau in May of 2018, and Strzok eventually was fired in August 2018.

Many of McAleer’s projects have been controversial, including his play “Ferguson,” about the 2014 police shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown in Ferguson, Miss. McAleer said he faced “similar censorship” when he put on that play in Los Angeles.

Fox Nation

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. ©2019 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved. All market data delayed 20 minutes.

Margaret Carlson: Trump Presidency Like ‘The Truman Show’
Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date October 15, 2018

Bloomberg columnist Margaret Carlson said President Trump plays the “bottom line” president in his version of ‘The Truman Show.’ Carlson said Monday on MSNBC that nearly everything the president does is on camera and “if the camera light is not on, he’s not on.”

“Everything is the bottom line. He’s the bottom line president in ‘The Truman Show.’ Because if you have noticed, almost everything he does is on camera,” she said.

“He loves talking to the press,” Carlson told host Andrea Mitchell. “He’s now his own communications director. He’s giving the press conference almost every day. And it is ‘The Truman Show.’ What he does is almost everything he does is on camera. If the camera light is not on, he’s not on.”

MARGARET CARLSON, BLOOMBERG NEWS: Everything is the bottom line. He’s the bottom line president in ‘The Truman Show.’ Because if you have noticed, almost everything he does is on camera.

And I went and compared schedules of presidents and talked to a couple chiefs of staff. He has the lightest schedule as any president than ther president.

[inaudible]

He loves talking to the press. He’s now his own communications director. He’s giving the press conference almost every day. And it is ‘The Truman Show.’ What he does is almost everything he does is on camera. If the camera light is not on, he’s not on.

Trump on Kavanaugh: “We Would Not Have Won” If I Didn’t Make Christine Blasey Ford Remarks
CBS NEWS: President Trump tells 60 Minutes if he hadn’t made a speech in Mississippi in which he imitated Christine Blasey Ford, his Supreme Court pick, Brett Kavanaugh, would not have been confirmed. When pressed on his treatment of Ford, the president says, "I’m not gonna get into it because we…

Trump On Elizabeth Warren DNA Test: “Who Cares?” I Hope She Runs, “She’d Be Very Easy”
President Trump said Monday morning that he hoped Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) runs for president because “she’d be very easy” to beat. Trump was asked to react to a DNA test Warren performed that apparently shows she has some Native American heritage. Warren, who Trump has nicknamed…

Donald TrumpElizabeth Warren

Chris Cillizza: Trump Producing A Daily Reality Show And He’s Always The Star
CHRIS CILLIZZA, CNN: [President Donald Trump] loves celebrity. He is someone who came of age and was has been part of that New York City tabloid culture. This is a man – I always remind people, he was a man who created a fake person named John Barron. That was him. That called the gossip tabloid…

©2018 RealClearPolitics

The truman show, the trump show
Trailer:

youtu.be/kVhF2f5p-LU

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpYLRW2LPVs[/youtube]
Wayward Pines

Lost interest/kept crashing during all but Hollyoaks and Gotham, but Killing Eve and Blackish are now/back on my viewing radar.

I’ve taken to watching Blaze TV, which hosts a whole array of US shows… Ancient Aliens being a favourite one of them and offering alternative insights to our worshipping of Gods.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99LZwZmSoNo[/youtube]
Travelers

Joker and I liked this 3 season series.

I have to say, Girls is pretty good.

Im tempted to give “Girls” a try, as it seems to hold more truth about the relevant demographic than anything else it produces.
There is actually some humanity in there, due to some brilliant casting.

The new Dark Side of the Force dude of the more recent Star Wars episodes was discovered by this show. Which is why a lot of nerdy Star Wars fans hate the new installments. But they’re great.

VIC!!!

VIIIIIIIICCCCCCC

I never have been turned off by women as much as by those in HBO’s hypevehicle Euphoria, especially the ones who are “like, really hot”. Disgusting soulless sex puppets masquerading as humans by defiling what it means to be human. Disgusting show. Fuck you Drake. Filthy pimp slicking limp dicking rim licking clickbaiting shitdripping nitwit.

Yugioh Season 1 - the malevolent Maximillion Pegasus has all of the strings tied on fates and soul. Yugi must demonstrate the spirit of bravery and courage, finding the heart to pull out of any situation alive and well. He keeps the tides of darkness at bay, and even defies the will of the all seeing Millennium eye!

Pokemon Johto Journeys - a new shine and glitter on the rarity and biodiversity of Pokemon travels to the widest corners of a far reaching world, pushing the champion’s level through the apex of mastery and skill.

Currently on my viewing radar:

Weekday year round airing
Hollyoaks - I’ll have to catch up on this weeks last 2/3 episodes over this weekend, as I missed them due to a waning interest in TV… due to mind being occupied with thought.
Ancient Aliens - a thought-provoking series, offering alternative insights to our worshipping of Gods and to the development of all things human.

Seasonal airing
Celebrities Go Dating - reality TV at its funniest… but not muggiest, like Geordie Shore… otherwise I wouldn’t be watching it. lol

Just finished watching this excellent masterpiece… missed the first 20 minutes, but made no difference to my viewing pleasure… the strap line of the series is: We are good people, we just do bad things.

Now watching… so current it hurts, as always.

A 3-part mini-series, which started yesterday, and ends tomorrow… very gory, but also very riveting viewing.

IMDB: Dracula

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC9TjMNqPEo[/youtube]

A docu-drama, on The Barbarians V Rome… very gruesome, but things were back then, but compelling to watch none-the-less. Great camera work too.

IMDB: Barbarians Rising

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQu3sVwIggw[/youtube]

I might try that. It doesn’t look as good as either Vikings or Rome though.
I was about to post this scene from the latter. This show is created by John Milius, writer of Apocalypse Now.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx4RUU-m3_I[/youtube]

The best show ever made on television is:

Golden Girls

As a heterosexual man, I’m not embarrassed to say that.

I caught both those series, but I don’t remember watching them to the end… and they’re probably not the only shows that suffered that fate, in my house.

Killing Eve… she’s quite something… you gotta watch it, to believe it.

IMDB: Killing Eve… After a series of events, the lives of a security operative and an assassin become inextricably linked.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk0PyD-XNZA[/youtube]

Killing Eve official trailer: series 2

Killing Eve official trailer: series 3

one positive thing can be said about game of thrones
it had a proper “powerful female” role
cersei lannister portrayed brilliantly by lena headley

historically powerful women (without getting into the merit of amazons and some viking ladies) exercised their power by means of strategy
they plotted their way to the top and then executed their merciless plans from a comfortable sitting position upon a tower
nowadays every show that has a woman they have to be fucking martial arts experts or be brandishing swords around
roll my eyes at that shit
it’s like when companies release “for women” products by turning them pink

Haha, yes.
GOT has a lot going for it but I veered off when they just dropped an entire plot line like it never happened at the end of season 2 or 3.
Like, the previous episode ended with a cliffhanger, and the final episode just completely ignored it. Bullcrap.

Im thinking about other female heroes that make sense in shows. Not a whole lot.
Vikings has Lagertha who becomes a hero because of her sword-fighting, whereas early on in the show she is just the perfect honourable wife, a phase to which the show keeps flash backing because that first season of that show is as magical as storytelling gets.

The role of Ragnar Lothbrok is the bests role Ive seen anywhere ever, beating even Tony Soprano. I am that guy, I mean, all his feelings and thoughts and decisions are my own. I don’t know how else to say it. I don’t know how the hell they even made that show.

Still, your issue stands.

The Shield has some very good female parts. Not as pretty or royal as Cersei but given to solid, female plotting. But they’re not the heroes.
In general though Hollywood has always been bad to women.
American women are on the whole, to be fair, a bit confused.