What films are you watching right now?

Have just watched Rambo, Last Blood. Poor old Rambo has become a very embittered old man, now. Hardly surprising the way he’s been treated, I suppose.

youtu.be/SYKl4PtdPUA

The monster of Piedras Blancas.

A cult classic. Retroactivelly it is fun and a real riot. The sets are charming post WW 2 era , the acting charmingly filled with frozen bits, taking sudden fractured discontuinity for a ride, as if all emotion results from series of afterthoughts.

Some animated entertainment, on a mid-Covid19 May Saturday early-afternoon… I recall seeing this film before, but it was such a long time ago, that it was like I never had, but it’s always the ending that becomes familiar and gives it away that you did…

Frankenweenie
PG 2012 ‧ Animation/Horror ‧ 1h 27m

Play trailer on YouTube

Viktor invites trouble when he revives his dead pet dog Sparky after it is hit by a car. Now, Sparky looks like a monster and terrifies Viktor’s neighbours.

Release date: 17 October 2012 (United Kingdom)
Director: Tim Burton
Featured song: Strange Love
Budget: 39 million USD
Box office: 81.5 million USD

Such a twee film, which I’ve seen before… are South-Pacific islanders really like that? :-s

Oh, and it’s a musucal…

South Pacific
U 1958 ‧ Musical/Romance ‧ 2h 51m

Play trailer on YouTube

Description: Nurse Nellie Forbush (Mitzi Gaynor) of the U.S. Navy falls for middle-aged French plantation owner Emile De Becque (Rossano Brazzi), but recoils upon discovering that he’s fathered two mixed-race children. When Nellie leaves him, the heartbroken Emile agrees to take on a dangerous espionage mission. In his absence, Nellie struggles to reconcile her prejudices with her love for him – and after she spends time with his children and comes to care for them, fears that Emile may not return alive.

Release date: 21 April 1958 (London)
Director: Joshua Logan
Languages: English, French
Awards: Academy Award for Best Sound Mixing
Songs
1 South Pacific Overture Alfred Newman 3:01
2 Dites-Moi Nellie Forbush and Children 1:17
3 Cock-Eyed Optimist Nellie Forbush 1:43

youtu.be/N9Yozd2KKKo

Netflex: ‘The fundementals of caring’

Removed unrated as unsuitable for certain age groups

‘the Boy’

Horror genre.
Critics rated it around a B-, but I felt that it was a designation for popular attraction.

Conceptually, I would rate it A+ and at least one critic rated it likewise.

It just that it is difficult mixing popular faire with conceptual soundness, and still not end up with a failing grade. The fact that it came out with a B, says a lot for a terrific script, with double minuses for muted horror kicks.

Another thinkeable horror flick,:

youtu.be/Pqmnvu6WzF0

youtu.be/dCLOqdzAP9E

Not as good as its prequels 1 and 2, but a good watch none-the-less if you’re a major fan of the JC franchise… that guy’s a right c*nt… talk about taking no prisoners alive. :neutral_face:

Wasn’t scary in the slightest, so I won’t be losing any sleep from nightmares, like I did with 1 and 2.

314D3F9F-02A6-4F19-8207-234E42BA2E56.jpegJeepers Creepers 3
[size=85]2017 ‧ Horror/Thriller ‧ 1h 42m[/size]

Play trailer on YouTube

A sergeant and his task force embark on a mission to destroy the Creeper on its last day of feeding. The Creeper soon fights back when they get close to discovering its mysterious and dark origins.
Initial release: 26 September 2017 (USA)

Director: Victor Salva
Budget: 6.2 million USD
Box office: $3.6 - 4.0 million
Film series: Jeepers Creepers

Netflex ‘Stateless’

An extremely provocative series.

youtu.be/C-Xep8pU_J0

Why do Types, such as You and the Twit, shit all over everyone’s feels and vibes?

Jealous much?

Jog on! Fuck off!

I thought I was the twit! I’m feeling cheated on!

BTW! I’m the opposite end of jealous of your fate.

Oh poop, I posted this in the wrong thread… can’t remember which thread it was meant for, but it wasn’t this one.

Btw… did someone just say something? :confusion-scratchheadyellow: Must have been the wind, or rats :confusion-shrug:

youtu.be/DuhJURuotU0

youtu.be/F-X5ao-KjHU

The tale of the Flying Dutchman ghost ship likely came from sailors seeing ships caught up in fata morgana. Oh, also, probably the rum and poor diet and sleep deprivation

youtu.be/fztb-TipoH0

youtu.be/fZcJXvfsjYE

Netflex- ‘Ratched’

Nice ‘kitsch’ cinematography… the colour palette of that era was truly something, just like the candy.

Totally agreed.

Plus there is an enigmatic undertow, that grabs You, down to the 7th episode. It’s with fear and trembling that I need to go on with it, in the kieerkegarian sense of RX to balm my Nitzchean twist.

Appalled and fascinated at the same time.