Made in God’s image. Yuk. Not me thanks.

Made in God’s image. Yuk. Not me thanks.

Yahweh, it is written, created us in his image.

He is described as a vile genocidal and infanticidal god, a demiurge to us Gnostics Christians, and is responsible for a religion that has become homophobic and misogynous and who grew Christianity by inquisitions and murder.

This is not surprising given that so many of Christianity’s moral tenets are immoral. Christianity lacks moral tenets with which to convert. It takes pressure and force to believe the weird Christian take on the otherwise decent Jewish beginnings of their religion and god. Christians should have usurped some decent god as without Midrash, Yahweh is more like an evil Satan than a good god.

If you think you are created in Yahweh’s image, and able to do his evil and good deeds, are you happy about it?

If you do not think you are up to Yahweh’s evil ways, are you happy about it?

Regards
DL

Yes I am, because the demiurge and the human being reflect each other , the one an ideal prototype toward which we urge to adapt , the other?

Speak for Your self.
Now I know down deep, You realize this profound visually distorted correspondence, even to the degree that Your consciousness repeals of the absolute notion of forgiveness.

Even when the distortion regressed below that of.Narcissus early perceptively illusionary problem.
A problem for which he was severely punished.

Animal and human sacrifices are a sign of evil.
Jews made sacrifices for a long time.
Feeding a god with death and fire.

Images improve with age, and it may not be God’s fault that man, though aware of his need for Ideal symmetry, loose the mark, even if they aim high.

A female Buddhic godess likewise vomited out existence, only to swallow it again repeatedly.

Humanity sacrifices his young men for wars provoked for trifles.

God is a state of peace and wonderment that all aspire to.

Gibberish.

Regards
DL

I agree with the thought, but would point out that Jews used the animal sacrifice, not so much to give a god anything, but more to heal any ill feelings within the tribe.

Two animals were used. One carried the sins into the wilderness while the clean beast was consumed in, more or less, party mode.

I agree with you on the evils of human sacrifice.

Why Christians do not see that evil coming from Yahweh is beyond me.

Can you explain their position?

Regards
DL

Seems rather self-centered when there are so many wars to be fought.

We should never forget the victims that the mainstream religions continue to produce.

If there is a god, then all is his fault.

Regards
DL

Their position is that of absolutes.
Also projection.
They make assumptions based on their world, life and self.
A theory about God comes up.
A cultural mess.
I heard egypt had like 2000+ gods.

When people start making gods, they don’t stop,
unless ofcourse they are suppressed.

I have nothing against creating gods. We all do it, in the sense that we all have something that we hold above all else.

As to Egypt, if you read their old ideology, you will see how moral it is was compared to what came later.

They believed in equality while the new garbage religions do not.

Regards
DL

"Then [Elohim (the Gods)] said, “Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness, to rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, and over all the earth itself and every creature that crawls upon it.” So Elohim created man in [Their] own image; in the image of Elohim they created him; male and female they created them. [Elohim] blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and every creature that crawls upon the earth.”…

There is a theory that the Old Testament was written in Babylonian captivity to subject the world, as a revenge, and this may be the case since this is what happened, but whats more significant is that it is a text that encodes the formulae of the ancient key the tree of life, which comes out of Egypt it seems, from the same kinds of hands building the Great Pyramid. Perhaps Atlantis. In any case I take this tree of life, mapping the human body as microcosmos as well as the macrocosmos as the work of the Gods, to be “Their likeness”.

Who is Elohim?

Each Nation and religion has its own version of a creator god, creating their Nation… perhaps each Nation and it’s subsequent peoples, were created and founded in a solitary manner, only to be drawn together over time and moving tectonic plates.

If the first god/gods were are ancestors, then we would definitely be made in our/a god’s image… gods are a living/breathing reality to some, and a false idol to others.

deleted (no sense in putting sacred words in a godloathers thread)

If a central organizing principle was substituted for ‘god’ , a principle which by necessity formed the periphery of sensation, of causation, of formation, of suspension, of consciousness, of progression, of extension, of extensive maintenance, of idealuzation, of realization, and all other derivetives thereof - then could you consider such redefinition preferable to it’s antonym?

And if god in the conservative , traditional meaning of the word did not exist, could you allow such revision to be reformed, revised, reinvented?

If not, well, that would be a problem!

Well, in truth there are two main lines in Jewish religion; Talmudic and Kabbalsitic.
Talmud is a study of ethics, basically, of society under the Creator. Kabbalah is the study of Creation.
Kabbalah is the heart of the Jewish faith, probably the most ingenious and efficient thought model ever to have existed, which is why people such as Newton, Einstein, Freud and many others used it.
In Talmudic society, the monotheistic idea seems to be dominant. You might argue thats okay on all sorts of grounds.
In Kabbalistic schools, there is no person who created the world, God is not some kind of figure, dude.
It is a principle, which unfolds in different principles. As I show in my lectures.
So in Kabbalah it simply wont work to count with one god, like it wouldn’t work in mathematics to work only with one value. It doesn’t compute; and in truth, the real divinity, the real power, is in the computation.

That’s an eye opener. And it supports the method of a relaligment between the old and new testament, as divorcing them from an oppositional contrariness, estimately.

The differential presumes a less diametrically opposite stance, and not prone to a nihilistic zero sum equation.

The feeling generated harbors an objective transcendence, that of just , measurable respones: the freeing of the emotional commitment toward It’s self - The sacrificial part toward which such commitment is necessitated

Hazard a guess of the relation between the Kabbalah and the Talmud.

Just found it: Torah-Mishna

Glad I saved that post then ; ) far too interesting to not be followed up on…

@Meno… yes, very interesting data on the Judaism concept, in a beautifully concise summary by Fixed.

Science have mapped the universe and it does not have my smile.

If we are all a part of the all, that does not mean we all look like each other.

I think that most of the old Kabballists joined the Gnostic Christian sects that seem to have drawn most of the esoteric or mystical thinkers of those days.

I do not think Kabballism ever had much of a following, but it’s thinking, while too complex for most, was rejected for the more easily understood Gnostic sects of that day.

I have read some of their literature but would not switch away from Gnostic Christianity.

Regards
DL

If Yahweh was not a creator god, then what is he bestowed with having done, to be so revered? I don’t know much at all about Judaism, but I know about the Kabbalah… due to it’s increased popularity in recent decades.

britannica.com/topic/Yahweh

[b]Yahweh, the god of the Israelites, whose name was revealed to Moses as four Hebrew consonants (YHWH) called the tetragrammaton. … Thus, the tetragrammaton became the artificial Latinized name Jehovah (JeHoWaH).

After the Babylonian Exile (6th century BCE), and especially from the 3rd century BCE on, Jews ceased to use the name Yahweh for two reasons. As Judaism became a universal rather than merely local religion, the more common noun Elohim, meaning “God,” tended to replace Yahweh to demonstrate the universal sovereignty of Israel’s God over all others. At the same time, the divine name was increasingly regarded as too sacred to be uttered; it was thus replaced vocally in the synagogue ritual by the Hebrew word Adonai (“My Lord”), which was translated as Kyrios (“Lord”) in the Septuagint, the Greek version of the Hebrew Scriptures.[/b]

Once in a while you’ll see a resurgence of some brand of mysticism nonsense which serves to both comfort the individual and distract him from addressing the real, material problems of his existence.

“Feuerbach’s great achievement is… The proof that philosophy is nothing else but religion rendered into thought and expounded by thought, i.e., another form and manner of existence of the alienation of the essence of man; hence equally to be condemned…” - marx

“One has to ‘leave philosophy aside’…, one has to leap out of it and devote oneself like an ordinary man to the study of actuality…. Philosophy and the study of the actual world have the same relation to one another as onanism and sexual love.” - marx

“One of the most difficult tasks confronting philosophers is to descend from the world of thought to the actual world. Language is the immediate actuality of thought. Just as philosophers have given thought an independent existence, so they were bound to make language into an independent realm. This is the secret of philosophical language, in which thoughts in the form of words have their own content. The problem of descending from the world of thoughts to the actual world is turned into the problem of descending from language to life.” - marx

If you agree with Marx, then what are you and Biggus doing on this site?