Comedy

That was funny :laughing:

The thing about Caribbeans is… we just say we’re Caribbean… makes life a whole lot easier… which suits our laidback demeanour, as a Carib ain’t got time for none of That… hence the Jamaicans in that video identifying as Jamaican.

Black Caribbean… me a Caribbean, seen
White Caribbean… me Caribbean, ok
Chinese Caribbean… me Caribbean, u nuh
Indian Caribbean… when’s the roti ready?
Mixed Caribbean… stop asking me stu-pidness! :laughing:

youtu.be/P7VrdN7TrDk

youtu.be/dtkJCSk-u0A

New sources say Russian bounty conspiracy result of a simple misunderstanding.

Trump admits to not knowing who Hydroxychloroquine is, despite what the fake news says.

youtu.be/VpGzW_HJ9N8

What’s so brilliant about this guy is - aside from his physical ability to impersonate and sound like - how he is able to improvise the lines around the basic theme he has before hand. He knows the joke he has in mind before he starts, but he doesn’t have a plan to deliver it; he not reading from script, in other words. So he’s got to be able to carry us through at least two minutes on the fly while he sets up. This is difficult, but for him it’s some of the richest moments of perfect impersonation. When he’s having to think quickly he’s able to almost instinctually intuit what trump would have said… this is why he never fucks up and does it so well. These are the greatest comedians- the parodists - in my opinion.

The delicate and precise art of extracting behavioral nuance from extremely difficult places. The littlest things - a sudden dive in tonality, the brief pause, stuttering, use and resuse of signature words and phrases at the right time… etc.

I wonder if impersonators have more mirror neurons.

vocaroo.com/5byXU96rmd7

My theory of the transdialogical reification and dissolution of the private self through the representative parody.

See this is what I mean. In the bounty one, he says the ‘paper towels’ phrase a few times in the same timbre… then suddenly says it differently at the end when Putin orders the paper towels (right before ‘dont you feel stupid now’). It’s right there… as if act were a written piece of music building to its coda. That last line when he changes the timbre. That’s such a subtle gesture, such a beautiful ‘last lick’ in the lead as it reaches its conclusion. This man is a genius.

I am the john nash of comedy. Seriously I see shit y’all dont see and y’all think I’m crazy.

I explained once before how of all the possible bathotic turns of plot in human drama, the comedic creates the greatest tonic feeling… and that’s not for nothing. Even better than the tragic because the tragic yields only brute force and it isnt clever enough.

It’s not for nothing that congenial displays of friendly wit are very often the first exchanges that unfold between strangers, and when two are able to recognize a good, sophisticated irony (pun for example) together, the kinda rise out and above themselves together. N said something to this effect, but much better, about the power of laughter. We add that it isnt always a catharsis… not always a discharge of nervous energy. If there is anything mysterious about human nature, it’s in the hows and whys we find things funny.

What makes you think that others don’t?

Because if they did, I wouldn’t be the john nash of comedy. I am the john nash of comedy, therefore they don’t.

For two points, name the fallacy I just committed.

A) affirming the consequent
B) begging the question
C) the consensus fallacy
D) moving the goal post
C) circular reasoning

Trump announces that he will be doing a live bible study next week.

youtu.be/BqTC57W7jDU

An ordinary man living a mundane life gets one wish. He asks to become… Biggie Smalls.

youtu.be/T5TjoTFNik4?list=PL4B7BE04E3EFBE91D

Trumpf responds to ‘creepy trump’ media trend started by the fake news left.

youtu.be/FDMbJq47HiI

This fella is quite amusing! Start at 0.00. :slight_smile:

youtu.be/oBNNeVRUGwA

It could be A, but I’ll go with C no. 2… what happened to E?

Heard on Grantchester, just now…

Reverend Sidney Chambers: I coulda got it wrong

Inspector Geordie Keating: Well, it wouldn’t be the first time, let’s face it.

:laughing:

Yesterday, during hosting a political stand

A guy to Harry: I’m a Nigel Farage-supporting Communist, who thinks Farage should be running the country.

Harry, nearly an hour later: Oh my god, that guy was a real dim fascist… I thought he was never going to go away.

Me: …yea, a Communist who supports Farage …now that’s a real oxymoron. I felt really sorry for you, man.

Scott: What a complete idiot… a Farage-supporting Communist, does he even know what he’s talking about.

:laughing: