Series and Shows

Nice.
I see zerozerozero has Gabriel Byrne, looks very good.

Here’s that movie by the way which isn’t to be found anywhere, Trop de Bonheur.
I taped it in the 90s, then digitized that tape 10 years later. I had taped it on “long play”, meaning low quality, so the digitization didn’t go without asyncin some audio.
But its a perfect movie as far as Im concerned.
Ill probably end up removing it in a while.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GipiLoFJXjU[/youtube]

Does it count?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw8dkF-jotk[/youtube]

I missed it again, damnit…not that I speak French and I’m sure there are no subtitles…But still…

Chernobyl was great. Even more fascinating since it is a real story.

It shows how people and certainly powerful people deal with problems of their own creation or that might affect their reputation. It certainly shows the way this plays out in the old Soviet system, but one can see this behavior with corporations, Western governments, and heck, in families.

It also shows how people do not deal with THE REAL (not in the Lacanian sense, but reality) because of their models of the world.

I kept thinking about 9/11, but even those who do not believe in anything classed as a conspiracy theory in the pejorative sense can the see pattern of denial when people deal with things they don’t think are possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9APLXM9Ei8

Someone just-recently asked me if Chernobyl is now safe to visit. A funny coincidence, imo. :-k

What a horrifying aftermath that disaster caused, and lives lost in the most awful of ways.

Experts believe the areas around the Chernobyl nuclear power plant will remain uninhabitable for at least 20,000 years. The figure 20,000 years apply to the area around the power plant itself. Areas around the exclusion zone are thought to be uninhabitable for least 3,000 years according to some experts.
4 Jun 2019

And they could have prevented a lot of deaths. A lot. But they didn’t want to lose face. And they couldn’t believe what the experts were telling them. Even experts refused to listen to experts. Some very brave people risked their lives in all sorts of different ways to save people.

And one thing I learned was that it neatly led to an unimaginably large explosion that would have affected the whole world. Luckily (and on the back of three extremely brave men) they were able to prevent this.

[b]Wikipedia

Midsomer Murders is a detective drama[1] set in modern-day England. The stories revolve around the efforts of Detective Chief Inspector Tom Barnaby, and later his successor, cousin John Barnaby, to solve numerous murders that take place in the picturesque but deadly villages of the fictional county of Midsomer. The Barnabys have worked with several different sergeants throughout the run of the show: Detective Sergeant (DS) Gavin Troy (), DS Dan Scott (), DS Ben Jones (), DS Charlie Nelson () and DS Jamie Winter.[/b]

I’ve gone from watching American crime shows to British ones… I found that the former had become far too gruesome, and the latter, of more quaint and devious storylines rather than shock and horror.

DP

Game of thrones
Fringe

With love
Sanjay

Yeah I left it up there fore a few weeks but took it down again.
I keep having a bad feeling having it up on my account. Im sure there is a reason they have tried to erase it from existence, Im expecting they would delete my account or something for copyright violation.

Game of Coops

youtu.be/ysIWBU5sZKk

now that’s some quality TV

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQeUmSD1c3g[/youtube]
Dexter. Awesome. I think all the seasons are available on Netflix. (Can’t remember if I already added this recommendation elsewhere.)

My current viewing pleasures:

• Hollyoaks… obvs
  • Ancient Aliens
  • Buffy The Vampire Slayer re-runs
  • Angel re-runs
  • Terrestrial TV gardening shows
  • Storage Wars
  • Celebrity UK reality TV shows

It’s Midsomer Murders, Sunday time… again.

_
Battlestar Galactica… it’s back on some channel or other,
from back when it was good, before the storyline got bad… well shit.

I watched that show when I was 10 or so, or what do I know. I might have been 14.
I still remember the sounds of the laser guns. I find myself making the noise quite accurately as I write this.

One of the episode had a truly disturbing scene with sandworms dragging a person into the ground on some sordid planet. I remember thinking the makers should stick to outer space and not try to imitate Star Wars too much. Desert planet excitement is a bit overrated.