Thread for Old Farts Only

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: Thread for Old Farts Only

Postby Mastriani » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:16 am

Kriswest wrote:
Mastriani wrote:
I know I'm not included in that list, I'm a nice frigging guy. Right? Say it, say it now damn it, I'm a nice frigging person. Don't make me persuade you with the sledgehammer ... again. :banana-dance:

Yea,, sure,, you are a real sweety for a raging rabid msynthropic wolf.... I have missed the real sweet kind postings of your rabidity :D

That's right, if agreement isn't there to be had, it can only be compliance.

I am not interested in preserving the status quo. I want to overthrow it.

Niccolo Machiavelli
Mastriani
ILP Legend

Postby Kriswest » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:34 am

Remind me , am I to fetch you your slippers or am I to get a gun?????? 8) :lol:
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby Mastriani » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:54 pm

Kriswest wrote:Remind me , am I to fetch you your slippers or am I to get a gun?????? 8) :lol:

Both actually. Bring me slippers, hand me the gun, kiss on the cheek is optional and then ::BOOM::

Mission accomplished. :evilfun:

Niccolo Machiavelli
Mastriani
ILP Legend

Postby Kriswest » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:35 pm

Might i remind you to read my warning notice again :evilfun: 8) :lol:
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby Mastriani » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:40 pm

Kriswest wrote:Might i remind you to read my warning notice again :evilfun: 8) :lol:

Your prerogative, remind me again. But I'm a MAN baby, and men run stuff. At least that's what I've always been told by other men. King of the Castle, men wear the pants, master of their domain ... It's all about the man baby!!!

Now where's my kiss on the cheek, and no I'm not asking!!! :banana-dance:

Niccolo Machiavelli
Mastriani
ILP Legend

Postby Kriswest » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:55 pm

:angelic-halofell: Kiss kiss hon, and I remind you of this also,,that men like that can only wear the pants if their women make the pants/buys the pants, clean them and put them in a simple easy to find spot for their men.

Dear heavens man you do belong on this thread I seem to be reminding you quite a bit :happy-wavemulticolor:
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby Mastriani » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:15 pm

Kriswest wrote::angelic-halofell: Kiss kiss hon, and I remind you of this also,,that men like that can only wear the pants if their women make the pants/buys the pants, clean them and put them in a simple easy to find spot for their men.

Dear heavens man you do belong on this thread I seem to be reminding you quite a bit :happy-wavemulticolor:

As a man, I don't feel I really have to put up with sort of treatment from a wimmins.

I need a moderator!!! [-X

Niccolo Machiavelli
Mastriani
ILP Legend

Postby Tab » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:27 pm

What have you been up to anyway, Mas, man-of-mystery..? Pm me if any of what you've been doing might incrimminate you or something. :D I'll even pm you back, promise.
Tab
Deeply Shallow

Postby Mastriani » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:50 am

Liar. You wouldn't PM me back until next month, and you know it.

I've been up to my ears in mountains, rivers, and lakes. Solitude in nature. Nothing beats it ... nothing. I do some occasional parenting, work when the school makes me. They are all hopped up on this Monday to Friday thing, really annoying having to follow a schedule ... whatevs!!!

Other than that, hrmmm, errrrr, yeah that's about it. I'm boring, nothing more to say.

Niccolo Machiavelli
Mastriani
ILP Legend

Postby tentative » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:10 am

Tab,

Mas has "done gone up the holler". That's an Appalachian term for digging a cave, climbing in, and shoveling the entrance closed - or as close to it as possible. It's these kind of activities that give rise to reported sightings of Big Foot, or of other strange animals making unintelligable sounds in the night and giving off undescribable odors. Hopefully, his daughter will keep him semi-civilized for a few more years.
IGAYRCCFYVM
Sorry, arguing with the ignorant is like trying to wrestle with a jellyfish. No matter how many tentacles you cut off there are always more, and there isn't even a brain to stun. - Maia

I don't take know for an answer.
tentative

Postby Kriswest » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:58 am

Mastriani wrote:
Kriswest wrote::angelic-halofell: Kiss kiss hon, and I remind you of this also,,that men like that can only wear the pants if their women make the pants/buys the pants, clean them and put them in a simple easy to find spot for their men.

As a man, I don't feel I really have to put up with sort of treatment from a wimmins.

I need a moderator!!! [-X

Oh please I am no wimmins, I am a lady. And obviously too much of one for you to handle :D :D
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby Tab » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:13 pm

Damn, you know me too well. :lol: I'm a terrible corresponder. Maybe when I get old and toothless and the kids bugger off and find lives of their own I'll be a better intarweb-friend.
Tab
Deeply Shallow

Postby Mastriani » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:35 pm

tentative wrote:Tab,

Mas has "done gone up the holler". That's an Appalachian term for digging a cave, climbing in, and shoveling the entrance closed - or as close to it as possible. It's these kind of activities that give rise to reported sightings of Big Foot, or of other strange animals making unintelligable sounds in the night and giving off undescribable odors. Hopefully, his daughter will keep him semi-civilized for a few more years.

No, most people know the sounds that come from my bedroom at night ... hopefully they never figure out that it's all from soloing, that might raise some questions. Odors? I think you mean man scent. The beauty of living here is that I don't have to shower more than monthly, if I choose not to. No one notices, and it's bad manners to point out that someone else's teeth look like that green, unclassified sludgey stuff under the sink; or that the last time you were in the pasture, 12 bovines died of sudden heart attack due to fume exposure.

It's all good, it's all ... good.

I've never been civilised, never will be ... civility is for poooooo-ceeeeees.

Niccolo Machiavelli
Mastriani
ILP Legend

Postby Mastriani » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:37 pm

Oh please I am no wimmins, I am a lady. And obviously too much of one for you to handle

I have no doubts on either matter. I am certain you are a lady, and well, I'm not master of my domain because I'm a playa playa .... need to resubscribe to Penthouse Forums .... ooops.

Niccolo Machiavelli
Mastriani
ILP Legend

Postby Mastriani » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:38 pm

Tab wrote:

Damn, you know me too well. :lol: I'm a terrible corresponder. Maybe when I get old and toothless and the kids bugger off and find lives of their own I'll be a better intarweb-friend.

Oh sure, make excuses about the single parenting thing and having to work or whatever ... pffffftttt. Just admit you end up taking a nap every time you read what I've posted and we'll be square.

Niccolo Machiavelli
Mastriani
ILP Legend

Postby Tab » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:06 pm

Zzzzzzzzzz. Huh..?
Tab
Deeply Shallow

Postby Mastriani » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:48 am

LMMFAOROTFL ... exactly you old tosser. You need to hit the jt's morality thread at MI. Like to hear your take on it ... at least by May.

Niccolo Machiavelli
Mastriani
ILP Legend

Postby Oughtist » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:04 pm

What's with all the, "Huzzah!" ? Is English retreating? Did I miss something?
Things are apparent.
Oughtist
Para-philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:08 am

I forgot all about this thread... must be the senility kicking in :lol:

Is it just me who can't digest ANY processed foods as they get older year by year? Eating.. for me.. is pricey and boring as hell :( but at least there's alcohol to cheer me up :D
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

Nobilis Est Ira Leonis | Om Surya Devaay namah | Manus justa nardus
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Location: London, NC1 … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …Surya.. the sun

Postby Oughtist » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:01 pm

Huzzah, Magsj!!! Cheers to alcohol, and ya, processed foods definitely make themselves evident...

(My 10 yr old has recently taken to saying "huzzah", and I'm strangely displaced by the quirkiness of this retro-idiom... is it making a comeback in the Motherland, too?)
Things are apparent.
Oughtist
Para-philosopher

Postby Ed3 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:50 pm

Hi to All,

I have discovered, not surprisingly, that when you have a child you lose your freedom.

I had my first and only child when I was 47 years old. Before then I had the Dolce Vita and could take vacations pretty much any where in the world that I wanted.

This year my daughter, who is 15, is going to South Africa as part of a school trip and, for the first time in roughly 15 years, my wife and I are going somewhere special.

We will go to Singapore for a couple days and then Bali. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. A tiny peek at freedom!

Do any of you have similar stories?

Thanks Ed
"Albert! Stop telling God what to do." - Niels Bohr
Ed3
Thinker

Postby Oughtist » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:00 am

Hey Ed! I came into possession of my sole sire at 40, and he's now ten and a half... luckily, though, my wife had the good sense of conceiving me a step-son in her late teens (now in his early thirties and married), so we've got the built in release conduit. Sure pays to look forward!!

Enjoy your visit to heaven!!!
Things are apparent.
Oughtist
Para-philosopher

Postby Ed3 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:12 am

Hi Oughtist,

You are definitely a smarter guy than me.

I think you are also right about heaven!

Thanks Ed
"Albert! Stop telling God what to do." - Niels Bohr
Ed3
Thinker

Postby MagsJ » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:12 pm

Oughtist wrote:Huzzah, Magsj!!! Cheers to alcohol, and ya, processed foods definitely make themselves evident...

(My 10 yr old has recently taken to saying "huzzah", and I'm strangely displaced by the quirkiness of this retro-idiom... is it making a comeback in the Motherland, too?)
Sorry Oughtist I forgot all about this thread... again #-o

Maaaaaaaaaaaan I can't eat nothing processed anymore and my current eating plan is boring me to death... but at least I can still indulge in... CHIPS :D

I hope I don't disappoint you in the fact that 'Huzzah' is not at all big over here right now.. at all.. never.. ever.. not at all.. uh uh.. nope.. no sirey 8-[ infact I don't understand some of the words the London youth use and I gotta ask them to translate for me :lol:

Funny how we realise we can stress less as we get older, as the things we worried about in our youth become oh so very minor as we mature into more rounded and wiser human beings :P
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

Nobilis Est Ira Leonis | Om Surya Devaay namah | Manus justa nardus
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Location: London, NC1 … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …Surya.. the sun

Postby Oughtist » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:05 pm

My shoulder hurts. WTF is all this low grade joint pain about!! My body is starting to constantly remind me. Can't quite remember about what, though.
Things are apparent.
Oughtist
Para-philosopher

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat