Thread for Old Farts Only

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Moderator: MagsJ

Re: Thread for Old Farts Only

Postby tentative » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:46 pm

Oughtist wrote:My shoulder hurts. WTF is all this low grade joint pain about!! My body is starting to constantly remind me. Can't quite remember about what, though.

You're suffering from the dreaded disease half-heimers. You'll be fine as soon as it's alzheimers. :wink:
IGAYRCCFYVM
Sorry, arguing with the ignorant is like trying to wrestle with a jellyfish. No matter how many tentacles you cut off there are always more, and there isn't even a brain to stun. - Maia

I don't take know for an answer.
tentative

Postby Oughtist » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:56 pm

Ah, yes, monomentia. So, it all comes back together then...
Things are apparent.
Oughtist
Para-philosopher

Postby Calrid » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:59 pm

"Life don't talk to me about life...

Brain the size of a planet and they have me making the tea." :)

Marvin the paranoid android.

Old doesn't give you the right to moan, it just gives you more to moan about, well that you can remember. Things weren't better when I was a kid though, they were just different. Memory has a way of making gold that which was in your past. It's a lie this romanticism, life's always been pretty shit, but hell it never stopped me from enjoying it. :)
“I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence.”

Oscar Wilde - probably.
Calrid
Philosopher

Postby Kriswest » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:28 pm

LOL an office filled with older middle aged people to seniors male and female. A number of conversations going at once, then everyone stops talking and gets confused looks on their faces. What conversation goes where again??? :lol: :lol: This happened last week where I work, we all got a bit lost juggling more than one train of thought. :lol: :lol:
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby tentative » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:57 pm

Kriswest wrote:LOL an office filled with older middle aged people to seniors male and female. A number of conversations going at once, then everyone stops talking and gets confused looks on their faces. What conversation goes where again??? :lol: :lol: This happened last week where I work, we all got a bit lost juggling more than one train of thought. :lol: :lol:

An easy fix: Stop chewing gum. :lol:
IGAYRCCFYVM
Sorry, arguing with the ignorant is like trying to wrestle with a jellyfish. No matter how many tentacles you cut off there are always more, and there isn't even a brain to stun. - Maia

tentative

Postby Kriswest » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:16 pm

:lol: :lol: We are in the deep South ,, it ain't gum they are all chewin. Yep its common down here for women to chew, none in the office though, they are not the right age group. The oldest and the younger set are chewin. My son is depressed about hot girls walking around with chew and spittin. Yech and gross. The older set well they grew up with it because of finances, the younger do it because its trendy. Whatever happened to the standards of being a lady??????? :roll:
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby tentative » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:58 pm

Kriswest wrote::lol: :lol: We are in the deep South ,, it ain't gum they are all chewin. Yep its common down here for women to chew, none in the office though, they are not the right age group. The oldest and the younger set are chewin. My son is depressed about hot girls walking around with chew and spittin. Yech and gross. The older set well they grew up with it because of finances, the younger do it because its trendy. Whatever happened to the standards of being a lady??????? :roll:

Ummmm... I ain't touching this. Standards... ladies... That's a shit bomb with a short fuse. :wink:
IGAYRCCFYVM

tentative

Postby Kriswest » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:23 pm

Chicken :D
Kriswest
ILP Legend

Postby Oughtist » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:28 am

I'm leaning on the lamp post at the corner of the street
In case a certain little lady comes by
Oh me, oh my

Oh, she's wonderful, she's marvelous
She's fabulous, she's beautiful
And anyone can understand why
I'm leaning on the lamp post at the corner of the street
Things are apparent.
Oughtist
Para-philosopher

Postby Oughtist » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:28 am

Fraaap.
Things are apparent.
Oughtist
Para-philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:03 pm

Some just get better with age ;)
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Amorphos » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:45 pm

:)

Going on the Luddite theme in the op, i would like the future to have mostly ‘invisible’ technology. So i would live in a Cotswold's stone cottage, where everything looks and mostly is authentic old shit. I walk towards the corner of the room and say “computer”, the front of the wooden shelf opens and an ultra thin [diamond] desk chair and computer/screen laptop kinda] unfolds and is immediately up n running. When i finish it folds back seamlessly into the shelf, and to all appearances there is only my authentic cottage with natural oak largely unfinished wooden shelves.

When i go outside there may be flying cars, but because of that the roads have long since been overtaken by nature and we are back to dirt tracks/paths. I will walk places and sometimes use the horse.

_
The truth is naked,
Once it is written it is lost.
Genius is the result of the entire product of man.
The cosmic insignificance of humanity, shows the cosmic insignificance of a universe without humanity.
the fully painted picture, reveals an empty canvas
Amorphos
ILP Legend

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat