Time Travel Solved

Time Travel Solved

With reference to:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=172411

With reference to the Fermi Paradox Solved, only the experience of time travel matters, not the tools used or trajectory of manipulations that reached the target of the “time travel” experience.

Since this experience of time travel is only an information relationship, an information transaction of Mass - Energy with itself, an information exchange of chunks of Mass - Energy with other chunks of Mass - Energy, the same system of modifying information relationships that create the experience of a close encounter with an alien civilization can be used to create information relationships that create the experience of time travel in any direction, both in the future or past. Acutally time travel would be just a particular combination in the cube of mass - energy self manipulating.

Therefore no stretching of space or black hole travels are necessary to travel in time, only the creation of the equivalent information relationships. It is just as real, as real isn’t defined, real is just how much you are convinced that it is real and since you can never be convinced 100 % of something and not even 0 %, the variable C (convinced) is a number greater than zero and less than 100, then any number is equivalent and equally true.

So time travel is also like a simulation, of course you have to have a memory of how 1950 was to compare, and then you have the exact same experience. So both alien encounters and time travel are particular cases of the more general situation of combinations of Mass - Energy exchanging information and interacting with itself.

So this is also the Grand Unified Theory of physics achieved, the Theory of Everything, the scientists can all go home and become redundant like many other workers, excess capacity once again.

Do not believe you need fancy math and equations to express the grand unified theory, only text based concepts are necessary, it is more similar to pure philosophy.

So now, give me the nobel prize.

So what you’re saying is all you need for time travel is to go back in time? Brilliant.

I don’t think they have a category for this. Maybe you could lobby for its creation.

A category for ridiculously useless sophistry? They oughta have one.

There’s some precedent for craziness like that.

They really oughta have one. It would be great.

Hello ? What do you do when you watch TV ? Suspension of disbelief, and you have an experience equivalent or similar to what the actors on the TV are having. What do you do when you play video games ? Similar, a simulation, a make believe, where you are immersed inside the game, the activity, the information relationships. Now, Suspension of Disbelief is just the variable C (degree of being convinced of the reality of something) going from a lower number to a higher number, like from 5 % to 70 %, but you still know it is fake, you are aware of the box you are in, like the brain in a vat is aware that it is in a simulation.

Our normal life always has a degree of being convinced, a degree of “reality affirmed” of C = 90 %, but if you program and hard wire this C to 90 % from the outset, then the mind experiencing the movie, the close encounter, or the time travel becomes 100 % convinced that it is real. And it is, even from the outset and logically, as there is no “external reality”, there is no “space” and “time”, these are all just mathematical devices the mind uses to organize its experiences: what really matters is the Information Relationship associated to the experience, not some imaginary model of moving things in space and going back in an “external time” and “world” on some metaphysical stage.

So, in essence, a person immersed in a perfect Simulation - Virtual Reality (at least perfect enough for C to get up to 90 %) that lets them experience going back to 1950 or 1970 where all of their memories, emotions, feelings, are exactly equivalent to what they would expect and imagine if this were true and real according to the false “metaphysical model of an external, independent reality” (when reality is just Information Relationships, Information exchanges, transactions, interactions, and single point like events of Mass - Energy changing and measuring and perceiving a constantly new configuration in the state space - combinational space), is equivalent 100 % to really going back in time and traveling in time.

Also, don’t be fooled by all of the fancy mathematical symbols and equations in physics, this is just mostly a show, to make it look mysterious, hard, something too remote to understand for normal souls: nothing further from the truth, most mathematical results and models have given all they can give in theoretical physics, most of that mathematics is just a little game being played with symbols and concepts, and the really bottom line is that the large scale partial differential equations describing most physical phenomena have no analytical solution at all. This alone, as part of the structure of the universe and reality, is telling us, that further understanding of the Grand Unified Theory of Everything can only come from philosophical analysis.

And this philosophical analysis has concluded that the Universe and Reality is only Information Relationships and Point Like Events and Interactions of Mass - Energy with itself. And that there is no Metaphysical - External reality corresponding to space and time and matter, only information transactions and exchanges.

Now, give me the nobel prize.

Already discovered this a few years back, they have to give me more cash as in the interest accumulated:

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=4&t=153111

"And in fact time travel is possible 100% and sure to come. It is, by the way one of the easiest things to do. Now in the future, maybe after reaching the technological singularity, man (or man - machine hybrids) will have learned how to manipulate their own minds, their neural circuits and their memories. It won’t be too hard to simulate a complete lifetime in these mind machines. Then you just have to simulate a person having a mental configuration like ours in one of these lifetimes and simply set him back to the world as he knew it 30 years earlier. Since the manipulated mind wouldn’t know it is in a simulator, it will have the exact same experience and mental shock of a real time travel. But even the real time travel is only confirmed and assessed, measured by the mind experiencing it. So we will have 100% real time travel since the simulated or real thing is totally indistinguishable, what is really being measured is the mental - emotional experience.

In fact you can create time travel if you imagine that you are coming from the past or the future right in the moment you are. You manipulate and falsify your memories, since real and false memories are in the end exactly the same. "

“So if self-identity is a software structure I can manipulate it as I want. So I can invent a memory and say I was once dead and now alive. So I resurrect an imaginary person but it really doesn’t matter if the person was real since all our perception of reality is a software structure, an information, and as such has its reality based only on information. I can also self program my memories and say I traveled through time or anything else.”

“In a sense this justifies creating false memories and complete false lives and complete delusions, since there is a you where what you invent is true, and even if it isn’t the experience is what counts and is the only thing we really measure. Invent your own life.”

"I think this hits the nail on the head. Physics has nothing to do with it. All of physics is simply measurements, comparisons between items, models and all of this through very complex mental models and circuits. In the end it is simply information, events that can be distinguished, that can be compared to other events. Just because you write your words on a computer instead of a piece of paper does not make them less real; you can’t say time travel means traveling at light speed or bringing your body.

This is a wrong way of thinking due to the fact that we are used to a physical world where we touch things, but what we really touch is always pure information. When you watch a film you become emotionally involved and yet there is no material substrate, that is because all is only information relationships.

So yes, by simulating a life or creating all the possible combination of lives in a machine and executing them forward and backwards, and letting the person experiencing one of these lives jump back 30 years, well for that simulated person, time travel is as real as it can possibly get. But you can say we know we fooled him, but it doesn’t matter, he doesn’t know, but the emotional experience is what counts. Even we may be fooled in that we live in a simulator in a universe where time doesn’t even exist, or any other situation. Information is the only thing that really exists. It doesn’t matter how the effect is achieved, it only matters that it is achieved and the person in a simulated life with a mind programmed with certain memories will experience time travel and be mind boggled."

Cool, I already discovered this, but forgot…

As i understand, this method of time-travel is nothing but informational manipulation. There are certain things in life we can be certain about: sunrise, sunset, death and that people will always try to rule other people. Once this technology of “time travel” is achieved, not much time will be necessary for it to be used to manipulate people’s thoughts in order to turn them into slaves. Be certain of that!

I know of only one way to travel through time. Going against the current of time is practically pointless, since we cannot simply move all the particles in the Universe to where they were at a certain time - but we could wait, i.e. we could “travel” into the future. The answer is “suspended animation” or “hibernation”, something we know to exist in the animal kingdom. I know of a type of frog that survives harsh winters by allowing itself to freeze and in the spring it simply un-freezes and goes on with it’s life. Figuring out how the frog’s hibernation system works is the first step in discovering how we could travel into the future.

It has been known for a long time (and by me since 1990) that the only viable “Time Machine” is merely a simulator.

Although simulated time travel has limited use, it runs into many problems. The “butterfly effect” was a resultant discovery of such an endeavor. The amount of memory storage tends to require more space than the actual reality. But most serious is the issue of not being able to ever know enough of what is coming from outside the system so as to be able to simulate what will happen when it arrives (the unseen asteroid).

A great deal of the M-theory efforts since the 1920s have been about the attempt to use the mind (M) to track reality (The Manhattan Project). That is how they came up with the theory of multi-verses, many-worlds, alternate realities, and random creation. They are talking about mental projections, not physical realities.

A perfect simulation is identical to the real thing - it is the real thing. Put another way, there is no such thing as a “perfect simulation”. So what you’re saying is this: it’s possible to time travel - all you have to do is go back in time!

They didn’t have a category for it yesterday, what makes you think they have it today?

I can travel in time right now by just changing C. If you force it to become 90 %, which is easy, then you travel in time. I travel in the past, make up false pasts - memories and travel there. It is only a problem of convincing yourself, but it is 100 % real, even without the simulator or complex Instant Singularity machines and the box of Mass - Energy self manipulating and traversing the space of configurations. By the way the laws of physics just represent the standard sequence of configurations needed to reach a Target, but you can short cut millions of smooth configurations and assign the Target right away.

So there, give me my nobel prize. C, “the degree of being convinced variable” is the real secret, this variable defines reality, you can change it, just assign it, it is done and true. I went to 1950 NJ, and then to 2400 Mars, and they told me this, that is how I learned it. You can also travel in space, as all locations are just a different configuration, so even the speed of light is exceeded. Now go to the other galaxy and come back, and go to 5 trillion years in the past and future, have fun.

The theory unifies any travel in space, or time, or any experience as just a configuration of Mass - Energy experiencing the travel and reaching the target. They are all particular cases of combinations of Mass - Energy, or said in another way, of Information Relationships. These relationships can be assigned and forced or invented in your mind, and you achieve everything you want.

Check out:

viewtopic.php?t=153992

"If you take a box surrounding any volume of the universe and just look at its contents as a given configuration of mass - energy, then the difference between this box and another at any given distance is just the difference between the configurations of mass - energy. So space travel is just the substitution of a given configuration of mass - energy (call it CME to abbreviate) with another one. So traveling in space doesn’t really mean anything, we are just visting different CMEs (Configurations of Mass - Energy).

These CMEs are made up of the same particles electrons, protons, neutrons and photons just assembled in a given configuration. It is as if they were in a box that is standing still but are constantly changing their configuration. They don’t travel, but space travel appears to be linear and gradual. But “travel” really is just visits to different points of the space of configuration of the particles.

So then if you substitute the box you are now observing with a box that would correspond exactly to the same configuration of an environment in the year 1950, you would actually be travelling through time and visiting directly the past. So not only does space not exist but TIME ALSO DOES NOT EXIST. The size of the universe then is just the possible number of different CMEs that are possible and the speed of light is just the minimum time interval that separates different CMEs or the maximum speed with which these different CMEs can be visited.

Since space and time doesn’t really exist, what we observe is just a convenient way of organizing these CMEs according to how they vary. What exists in the end is just a space of combinations and the limits for an observer of this space are simply combinational limits. How many different combinations can be observed ? Any given CME can correspond to a given place in space (surface of mars) or even in time (earth during the Roman Empire). So both time travel and space travel are one and the same, that is a path through different combinations of Mass - Energy, the size of the universe is not measured in distance or time, but number of possible combinations.

An interesting result of this is that the only thing that really exists is INFORMATION. So a virtual reality world on a computer doesn’t have to be so precise as to be indistinguishable from the real world but is ACTUALLY JUST AS REAL AS ANY REAL WORLD, because both are just combinations of Mass - Energy which in the end is just pure information. Therefore even matter does not really exist, only information and therefore the universe is infinitely manipulable."

There is no Metaphysical External Reality composed of Space, Time and Matter, only inventions, and inventions of the mind, the universe can be invented as anything you want. This justifies manipulating the neural circuits of the mind and creating Instant Singularities, etc.

Good luck creating 1962 such that there is no difference between the real 1962 and the simulated 1962. If there’s a difference - at all - it isn’t really 1962. It’s pretend 1962.

You only “pretend” you know the difference, reality is always impossible to really know, define, verify, it is always just a subjective, vague, and essentially false expereince. It is all a lie anyways.

Then 1962 doesn’t exist and never did exist. I’m fine with that.

So, your theory is that time travel can be achieved through reenactment of past events? No flying DeLorean? No flux capacitor?!

No, a reenactment is not genuine. It is a representation of reality, but not an actual experience of that reality. Actors on stage don’t actually become the characters they play or live on the sets they build.

Also, none of the numbers between 0 and 100 are equivalent, and how “true” each one is depends on context.

Even if your memory were exact to the detail, an exact recreation of that memory is an impossibility. You wouldn’t be traveling through time, you’d be trying [and failing] to recreate some experience in time.

…what?

What’s to pretend? The difference, as far as I can tell, is that the simulated 1962 can never actually take place in 1962. Thus, you aren’t time traveling, you’re just dicking around with some crap from 1962.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=172411

“permutations of sensory information that correspond to a life-changing, important encounter with an extraterrestrial society”

No, I think the equivalent Surprise Factor, the equivalent Contrast with what you expect and know, is not that hard to reach anyways, especially in modified minds, Instant Singularities, modified neural circuits, etc. The experience of a close encounter is only the difference between present state of mind - experience P and a new state of mind experience corresponding to the encounter N. If P - N is equal to the real thing, you got it licked. Just like you got time travel licked, and space travel licked, all in one elegant concept.

But even more fundamentally, even without complex Singularity machines, Mass - Energy combinations, etc, I think the mind, and man as an infinitely programmable machine, can quickly achieve the corresponding experience, just with some drugs, virtual realities, some simple manipulations, even with just a very high degree of self delusion and lying to yourself: make it all up, and if you are good enough at it, and the intensity of the lie and convincing factor ( the variable C ) is high enough, then you got it licked.

What do you mean by “the real thing”. Is your present state of mind, or a new experience, not a reality to you?

You’ve got lying to yourself “licked” and a fine imagination. Unfortunately, that says nothing about time travel. We are not “programmable machine[s]”, which is why our experiences are continually different, even under similar circumstances or given the same ‘input’. We have a pragmatic, reactionary approach to problem solving. There is nobody doing any programming.

Yeah, open that can of worms. Most likely there are trillions of permutations corresponding to a P - N much greater than that of a close encounter or of a time travel in the past or future. In fact, most likely there are way more interesting experiences to play out amongst all those combinations.

But anyways, only with a handful of transistors in the brain - mind you can probably achieve many new states - experiences, and even with just a high degree of self deception, pure capacity to lie to yourself, to pretend, a very strong and high degree of being able to make believe and then make it real all through simple thoughts is probably an even easier way to achieve time travel and close encounters.

But by a high capability to lie to yourself, deceive yourself and make believe, you can especially reach all the more incredible experiences that the equivalent permutations of sensory information, or simply the combinations of Mass - Energy self manipulating, or simply the configuration of Information Relationships can reach.

One interesting problem could be how the “degree of aknowledgment of other minds - emotions - consciousness” variable as E can vary in these experiences. In normal life E is probably only 1 in a scale of 1 to 100 corresponding to only people, not objects, you think are conscious (but they may be ghosts, you verify it maybe only when they act to provoke pain/plesure), but in these experiences the variable E could be 20 or 70 meaning that even the rock is alive and you aknowledge it as being a will power.

Read this:http://www.scaryforkids.com/a-sound-of-thunder/

It is wrote for children so I dont expect you to be able to understand all of it,but it gets the point across of why even if possible we shouldnt time travel.