Thread for Old Farts Only

As a man, I don’t feel I really have to put up with sort of treatment from a wimmins.

I need a moderator!!! [-X

What have you been up to anyway, Mas, man-of-mystery…? Pm me if any of what you’ve been doing might incrimminate you or something. :smiley: I’ll even pm you back, promise.

Liar. You wouldn’t PM me back until next month, and you know it.

I’ve been up to my ears in mountains, rivers, and lakes. Solitude in nature. Nothing beats it … nothing. I do some occasional parenting, work when the school makes me. They are all hopped up on this Monday to Friday thing, really annoying having to follow a schedule … whatevs!!!

Other than that, hrmmm, errrrr, yeah that’s about it. I’m boring, nothing more to say.

Tab,

Mas has “done gone up the holler”. That’s an Appalachian term for digging a cave, climbing in, and shoveling the entrance closed - or as close to it as possible. It’s these kind of activities that give rise to reported sightings of Big Foot, or of other strange animals making unintelligable sounds in the night and giving off undescribable odors. Hopefully, his daughter will keep him semi-civilized for a few more years.

Oh please I am no wimmins, I am a lady. And obviously too much of one for you to handle :smiley: :smiley:

Damn, you know me too well. :laughing: I’m a terrible corresponder. Maybe when I get old and toothless and the kids bugger off and find lives of their own I’ll be a better intarweb-friend.

No, most people know the sounds that come from my bedroom at night … hopefully they never figure out that it’s all from soloing, that might raise some questions. Odors? I think you mean man scent. The beauty of living here is that I don’t have to shower more than monthly, if I choose not to. No one notices, and it’s bad manners to point out that someone else’s teeth look like that green, unclassified sludgey stuff under the sink; or that the last time you were in the pasture, 12 bovines died of sudden heart attack due to fume exposure.

It’s all good, it’s all … good.

I’ve never been civilised, never will be … civility is for poooooo-ceeeeees.

I have no doubts on either matter. I am certain you are a lady, and well, I’m not master of my domain because I’m a playa playa … need to resubscribe to Penthouse Forums … ooops.

Oh sure, make excuses about the single parenting thing and having to work or whatever … pffffftttt. Just admit you end up taking a nap every time you read what I’ve posted and we’ll be square.

Zzzzzzzzzz. Huh…?

LMMFAOROTFL … exactly you old tosser. You need to hit the jt’s morality thread at MI. Like to hear your take on it … at least by May.

What’s with all the, “Huzzah!” ? Is English retreating? Did I miss something?

I forgot all about this thread… must be the senility kicking in :laughing:

Is it just me who can’t digest ANY processed foods as they get older year by year? Eating… for me… is pricey and boring as hell :frowning: but at least there’s alcohol to cheer me up :smiley:

Huzzah, Magsj!!! Cheers to alcohol, and ya, processed foods definitely make themselves evident…

(My 10 yr old has recently taken to saying “huzzah”, and I’m strangely displaced by the quirkiness of this retro-idiom… is it making a comeback in the Motherland, too?)

Hi to All,

I have discovered, not surprisingly, that when you have a child you lose your freedom.

I had my first and only child when I was 47 years old. Before then I had the Dolce Vita and could take vacations pretty much any where in the world that I wanted.

This year my daughter, who is 15, is going to South Africa as part of a school trip and, for the first time in roughly 15 years, my wife and I are going somewhere special.

We will go to Singapore for a couple days and then Bali. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. A tiny peek at freedom!

Do any of you have similar stories?

Thanks Ed

Hey Ed! I came into possession of my sole sire at 40, and he’s now ten and a half… luckily, though, my wife had the good sense of conceiving me a step-son in her late teens (now in his early thirties and married), so we’ve got the built in release conduit. Sure pays to look forward!!

Enjoy your visit to heaven!!!

Hi Oughtist,

You are definitely a smarter guy than me.

I think you are also right about heaven!

Thanks Ed

Sorry Oughtist I forgot all about this thread… again #-o

Maaaaaaaaaaaan I can’t eat nothing processed anymore and my current eating plan is boring me to death… but at least I can still indulge in… CHIPS :smiley:

I hope I don’t disappoint you in the fact that ‘Huzzah’ is not at all big over here right now… at all… never… ever… not at all… uh uh… nope… no sirey 8-[ infact I don’t understand some of the words the London youth use and I gotta ask them to translate for me :laughing:

Funny how we realise we can stress less as we get older, as the things we worried about in our youth become oh so very minor as we mature into more rounded and wiser human beings :stuck_out_tongue:

My shoulder hurts. WTF is all this low grade joint pain about!! My body is starting to constantly remind me. Can’t quite remember about what, though.

You’re suffering from the dreaded disease half-heimers. You’ll be fine as soon as it’s alzheimers. :wink: