Thread for Old Farts Only

What’s with all the, “Huzzah!” ? Is English retreating? Did I miss something?

I forgot all about this thread… must be the senility kicking in :laughing:

Is it just me who can’t digest ANY processed foods as they get older year by year? Eating… for me… is pricey and boring as hell :frowning: but at least there’s alcohol to cheer me up :smiley:

Huzzah, Magsj!!! Cheers to alcohol, and ya, processed foods definitely make themselves evident…

(My 10 yr old has recently taken to saying “huzzah”, and I’m strangely displaced by the quirkiness of this retro-idiom… is it making a comeback in the Motherland, too?)

Hi to All,

I have discovered, not surprisingly, that when you have a child you lose your freedom.

I had my first and only child when I was 47 years old. Before then I had the Dolce Vita and could take vacations pretty much any where in the world that I wanted.

This year my daughter, who is 15, is going to South Africa as part of a school trip and, for the first time in roughly 15 years, my wife and I are going somewhere special.

We will go to Singapore for a couple days and then Bali. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. A tiny peek at freedom!

Do any of you have similar stories?

Thanks Ed

Hey Ed! I came into possession of my sole sire at 40, and he’s now ten and a half… luckily, though, my wife had the good sense of conceiving me a step-son in her late teens (now in his early thirties and married), so we’ve got the built in release conduit. Sure pays to look forward!!

Enjoy your visit to heaven!!!

Hi Oughtist,

You are definitely a smarter guy than me.

I think you are also right about heaven!

Thanks Ed

Sorry Oughtist I forgot all about this thread… again #-o

Maaaaaaaaaaaan I can’t eat nothing processed anymore and my current eating plan is boring me to death… but at least I can still indulge in… CHIPS :smiley:

I hope I don’t disappoint you in the fact that ‘Huzzah’ is not at all big over here right now… at all… never… ever… not at all… uh uh… nope… no sirey 8-[ infact I don’t understand some of the words the London youth use and I gotta ask them to translate for me :laughing:

Funny how we realise we can stress less as we get older, as the things we worried about in our youth become oh so very minor as we mature into more rounded and wiser human beings :stuck_out_tongue:

My shoulder hurts. WTF is all this low grade joint pain about!! My body is starting to constantly remind me. Can’t quite remember about what, though.

You’re suffering from the dreaded disease half-heimers. You’ll be fine as soon as it’s alzheimers. :wink:

Ah, yes, monomentia. So, it all comes back together then…

"Life don’t talk to me about life…

Brain the size of a planet and they have me making the tea." :slight_smile:

Marvin the paranoid android.

Old doesn’t give you the right to moan, it just gives you more to moan about, well that you can remember. Things weren’t better when I was a kid though, they were just different. Memory has a way of making gold that which was in your past. It’s a lie this romanticism, life’s always been pretty shit, but hell it never stopped me from enjoying it. :slight_smile:

LOL an office filled with older middle aged people to seniors male and female. A number of conversations going at once, then everyone stops talking and gets confused looks on their faces. What conversation goes where again??? :laughing: :laughing: This happened last week where I work, we all got a bit lost juggling more than one train of thought. :laughing: :laughing:

An easy fix: Stop chewing gum. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: We are in the deep South , it ain’t gum they are all chewin. Yep its common down here for women to chew, none in the office though, they are not the right age group. The oldest and the younger set are chewin. My son is depressed about hot girls walking around with chew and spittin. Yech and gross. The older set well they grew up with it because of finances, the younger do it because its trendy. Whatever happened to the standards of being a lady??? :unamused:

Ummmm… I ain’t touching this. Standards… ladies… That’s a shit bomb with a short fuse. :wink:

Chicken :smiley:

I’m leaning on the lamp post at the corner of the street
In case a certain little lady comes by
Oh me, oh my

Oh, she’s wonderful, she’s marvelous
She’s fabulous, she’s beautiful
And anyone can understand why
I’m leaning on the lamp post at the corner of the street

Fraaap.

Some just get better with age :wink:

:slight_smile:

Going on the Luddite theme in the op, i would like the future to have mostly ‘invisible’ technology. So i would live in a Cotswold’s stone cottage, where everything looks and mostly is authentic old shit. I walk towards the corner of the room and say “computer”, the front of the wooden shelf opens and an ultra thin [diamond] desk chair and computer/screen laptop kinda] unfolds and is immediately up n running. When i finish it folds back seamlessly into the shelf, and to all appearances there is only my authentic cottage with natural oak largely unfinished wooden shelves.

When i go outside there may be flying cars, but because of that the roads have long since been overtaken by nature and we are back to dirt tracks/paths. I will walk places and sometimes use the horse.

_